PDA

View Full Version : 'Positive Discrimination' in Britain

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 18:21
For a while in Britain now, you've got more chance of getting a job if you're not white, British or straight, well, that's how it appears to me.

Just a few months ago the police in the UK said they would implement a so called "positive discrimination". I'm not quite sure what the news article said about this, as it was ages ago when I read it, and I can't find the article either. But basically, the police force wanted to make sure at least a certain percentage of the police force was from an ethnic minority (or something like that).

Put simply, in this country there are a lot of jobs where you have more chance of getting in if you're from an ethnic minority. Why does nationality or race matter when it comes to jobs? I don't know, but recently in this country it seems to be that way.

Personally I believe it should ALL be about the person's ability to do the job, their qualifications and other things related to the job. The point I'm trying to get across, is that ethnicity, sexuality and the color of your skin also seem to be factors which determine who gets the job or not in this country (whether it be an office job or for the fire service).

I don't want to come off as racist, but that seems to be the problem at the moment.

IMO, it should be equal and based purely on things related to the job. But it's not.

I hope people have been able to understand what I'm saying.

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 18:23
Unless you post some actual statistics to back up your claims here, this means jack-all. Seriously, you need to start backing up claims like these with evidence.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 18:24
Unless you post some actual statistics to back up your claims here, this means jack-all.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6570545.stm

The fact that they were even considering that is foolish and stupid.

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 18:27
I was talking about "you've got more chance of getting a job if you're not white, British or straight".

larson n natla
07-09-07, 18:31
Um ok then i never read the artical but i dont agree with what your saying everyone has a fair chance i think :)

Night Crawler
07-09-07, 18:34
Another anti-British thread from the renouned anti-British TRF member. *yawn*

ThomasCroft
07-09-07, 18:35
As soon as you get hard facts you back up your first claim, I'll comment.

Necromanser
07-09-07, 18:40
I thought this kind of thing never hapenned in a country like the uk

MUN33B
07-09-07, 18:42
Unless you post some actual statistics to back up your claims here, this means jack-all. Seriously, you need to start backing up claims like these with evidence.

Agreed! :tmb:

scion05
07-09-07, 18:45

:tmb:

interstellardave
07-09-07, 18:48
Why does he/she need statistics? This policy is wrong, plain and simple. They are pushing minority applicants ahead of non-minorities... based solely on race/gender. THAT IS WRONG. Someone please make a rational explanation of how it could possibly be otherwise. Don't bother, you can't. And don't give me "past injustices"... a new wrong does not undue an old one.

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 18:50
For a while in Britain now, you've got more chance of getting a job if you're not white, British or straight, well, that's how it appears to me.

Just a few months ago the police in the UK said they would implement a so called "positive discrimination". I'm not quite sure what the news article said about this, as it was ages ago when I read it, and I can't find the article either. But basically, the police force wanted to make sure at least a certain percentage of the police force was from an ethnic minority (or something like that).

Put simply, in this country there are a lot of jobs where you have more chance of getting in if you're from an ethnic minority. Why does nationality or race matter when it comes to jobs? I don't know, but recently in this country it seems to be that way.

Personally I believe it should ALL be about the person's ability to do the job, their qualifications and other things related to the job. The point I'm trying to get across, is that ethnicity, sexuality and the color of your skin also seem to be factors which determine who gets the job or not in this country (whether it be an office job or for the fire service).

I don't want to come off as racist, but that seems to be the problem at the moment.

IMO, it should be equal and based purely on things related to the job. But it's not.

I hope people have been able to understand what I'm saying.

This has been going on for years. Look at the media, they only report white on black racist attacks even though more is black on white. I don't particulary care though, i follow: http://www.northwesthomeland.org/ and am moving there in a few years

SamReeves
07-09-07, 19:12
Why does he/she need statistics? This policy is wrong, plain and simple. They are pushing minority applicants ahead of non-minorities... based solely on race/gender. THAT IS WRONG. Someone please make a rational explanation of how it could possibly be otherwise. Don't bother, you can't. And don't give me "past injustices"... a new wrong does not undue an old one.

You bet. History should remain in the books! One reason why Americans should do away with affirmative action and its rampant nepotism.

xcrushterx
07-09-07, 19:13
And he's British :rolleyes:

Mr.Burns
07-09-07, 19:16
You bet. History should remain in the books! One reason why Americans should do away with affirmative action and its rampant nepotism.

while there is still discrimination going on, too many people use affirmative action as a excuse to get ahead without working towards their goals. Too many people these days want everything for nothing, will scam the system but the moment you accuse them of this, they cry discrimination. Damn hypocrites. :mad:

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 19:18
Another anti-British thread from the renouned anti-British TRF member. *yawn*Firstly, I wasn't creating this thread to bash Britain at all. Secondly, I'm not anti-British.

@Scion & Crushter: If you have nothing to mature to say than just agree with a false and very immature post, then don't post please. ;)

If I hated Britain I wouldn't care about this.
Notice how I am angry because it is harder for British people to get jobs these days? ;)

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 19:20
The thing i don't like is the misunderstanding or the misusage of the word British in todays society, the original meaning is a brythonic or a brittonic (one who speak that or is of that ethnic-identity), meaning the original settlers of england. Nordic White Europeans and White Celts. This modern liberal infested society though just applies British to any resident of the british isles even if they are asian, black or middle-eastern - meaning they are NOT British, as Brittonic language/culture was only umong white europeans.

jarhead
07-09-07, 19:28

Agreed :tmb:

danitiwa
07-09-07, 19:32
while there is still discrimination going on, too many people use affirmative action as a excuse to get ahead without working towards their goals. Too many people these days want everything for nothing, will scam the system but the moment you accuse them of this, they cry discrimination. Damn hypocrites. :mad:

I know, it's got something to do with the whole: You can't make fun of us but we can make fun of ourselves thing.

If a white makes fun of a Black man they get accused, if a black man makes fun of themselves or a white man. Nothing will happen. Therefore as to "make up" for damage they've proably done in the past to gays/other races etc. They'll give them (too many?) advantages.

But then I'm not British. So... Why am I saying this?

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 19:33
Agreed :tmb:

Night crawler isn't even British, so what would he know?

Also please explain how the author of this thread is anti-british? He's about the only member i've yet discovered with some patriotism and pride. Read his post before you make stupid comments. Why do you think most whites vote BNP? It's not because they are racist, they are just sick of non-whites stealing their jobs.

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 19:36
Why do you think most whites vote BNP?

That's utter rubbish. I have had the (dis)pleasure of talking to only one person so far who supports the BNP, and he started this thread.

He's about the only member i've yet discovered with some patriotism and pride.

And perhaps you haven't realised that he's probably also the only member here who frequently expresses the desire to escape to another country, and wears that country's flag on his sleeve.

Night Crawler
07-09-07, 19:36
Firstly, I wasn't creating this thread to bash Britain at all. Secondly, I'm not anti-British.

@Scion & Crushter: If you have nothing to mature to say than just agree with a false and very immature post, then don't post please. ;)

Notice how I am angry because it is harder for British people to get jobs these days? ;)

You've stated countless times before that you hate Britain.

You been taking stupid pills Nord? I'm British. And the only patrionism and pride MT has is for the US, which is bizaar yes, since he is British.

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 19:42
That's utter rubbish. I have had the (dis)pleasure of talking to only one person so far who supports the BNP, and he started this thread.

BNP isn't racist. The liberal-leftist media makes out it is for obvious reasons. If it was racist can you explain why they have a jewish and asian sikh representative?

jackles
07-09-07, 19:44
Night crawler isn't even British, so what would he know?

Also please explain how the author of this thread is anti-british? He's about the only member i've yet discovered with some patriotism and pride. Read his post before you make stupid comments. Why do you think most whites vote BNP? It's not because they are racist, they are just sick of non-whites stealing their jobs.

Lmao! well I am white and english...and you and I know that is rubbish. If it was true we would have a bnp government right now. Most BNP voters are in a minority. Now you have turned a statement that I think MT was trying to make albeit in a clumsy way about worries that people would be discrimated against due to race/colour or creed into a sadly amusing diatribe.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 19:45

And perhaps you haven't realised that he's probably also the only member here who frequently expresses the desire to escape to another country, and wears that country's flag on his sleeve.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to move to another country, doesn't mean I hate the country I am currently in.

And I do NOT support the BNP. I just agree with a few of their ideals.
You've stated countless times before that you hate Britain.

You been taking stupid pills Nord? I'm British. And the only patrionism and pride MT has is for the US, which is bizaar yes, since he is British.Yes, I know, but in the past few months I've realized it's the government I'm angry with, not the country as a whole.

Believe it or not, I do show patriotism for Britain since I care about the way this country is going right now.

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 19:52
BNP isn't racist. The liberal-leftist media makes out it is for obvious reasons. If it was racist can you explain why they have a jewish and asian sikh representative?

I was referring to your utterly deluded suggestion that most whites vote for them.

Mr.Burns
07-09-07, 19:53
There's nothing wrong with wanting to move to another country, doesn't mean I hate the country I am currently in.

And I do NOT support the BNP. I just agree with a few of their ideals.
Yes, I know, but in the past few months I've realized it's the government I'm angry with, not the country as a whole.

Believe it or not, I do show patriotism for Britain since I care about the way this country is going right now.

Well, your position as a flip flopper isn't helping. At times you come off as hating the UK and loving the US, yet now you say it's the government. You really need to full clarify your position and stand by it. As for the BNP, I'm not familiar with them but it's my impression that supporting even a few of their ideals is tantamount to supporting them. Of course this is only my observation.

scion05
07-09-07, 19:54
Firstly, I wasn't creating this thread to bash Britain at all. Secondly, I'm not anti-British.

Lol ur so stuck up ur own arse it's unbelievable :vlol:

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 19:56
Well, your position as a flip flopper isn't helping. At times you come off as hating the UK and loving the US, yet now you say it's the government. You really need to full clarify your position and stand by it. As for the BNP, I'm not familiar with them but it's my impression that supporting even a few of their ideals is tantamount to supporting them. Of course this is only my observation.

H'es clarified himself, USA was formed mostly by Brits and then other europeans.

danitiwa
07-09-07, 19:59
Ben: I love the US as much as you do, but I don't go around dissing my home countries. ;)

Mr.Burns
07-09-07, 19:59
H'es clarified himself, USA was formed mostly by Brits and then other europeans.

I'm well aware of my country's origins thank you.

xcrushterx
07-09-07, 20:00
If you say you've changed from a Britain hater to a Britain lover, then fine, but the way you post about the UK implies (sp :() you still hate us.

You know my name, use it :)

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 20:01
I'm well aware of my country's origins thank you.

I doubt that.

danitiwa
07-09-07, 20:02
If you say you've changed from a Britain hater to a Britain lover, then fine, but the way you post about the UK implies (sp :() you still hate us.

*checks*
It was David right?

Something on a D... :o

danitiwa
07-09-07, 20:03
I doubt that.

Nord, I've seen a ton of rude comments like this coming from you, and I must say I'm not very fond of this behaviour.

xcrushterx
*checks*
It was David right?

Something on a D... :o
Yesh, 'Tis Daffid (David, really, but Spalexmandra and Channi call me Daffid LOL)

@ Nord: I'm sure he does.

Nord_the_raider

When you've grown up and gone into society, maybe you will understand what this thread was about from the start

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 20:04
Lol ur so stuck up ur own arse it's unbelievable :vlol:Please only post if you have something mature to say and not just some false insult. ;)

@Dani: It's the current government I hate.

@Crushter: No, I don't hate you all, but I don't love the UK either. But topics such as this do concern me.

xcrushterx
07-09-07, 20:04
When you've grown up and gone into society, maybe you will understand what this thread was about from the start
Believe it or not, you should be saying that to the thread author more than me. He's younger than me.

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 20:05
Believe it or not, you should be saying that to the thread author more than me. He's younger than me.

And obviously he is aware of the problems, unlike blind middle-classed leftist liberals.

Mr.Burns
07-09-07, 20:08
I doubt that.

:vlol: Yea, I'm going to be educated by a kid like you.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 20:08
Believe it or not, you should be saying that to the thread author more than me. He's younger than me.Why should he? :confused: I made this thread, I already know what it's about.

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 20:11
:vlol: Yea, I'm going to be educated by a kid like you.

Probably, considering you know so little on the BNP and yet judge them

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 20:12
You were doubting his knowledge of American heritage. Where does the modern BNP come into that?

xcrushterx
07-09-07, 20:13
That makes no sense. You doubt he knows much about his own country and you argue your case by saying he knows nothing/little about BNP.

Mr.Burns
07-09-07, 20:14

Sharp as a marble aren't you. I never judged the BNP, I merely made an observation based on what I have seen. There's a difference, one of which you seemed to have missed.

danitiwa
07-09-07, 20:15
This thread is more Chaotic by the minute. :whi:

Burnsy: Just drop it, we already know who's right in the head.

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 20:15
That makes no sense. You doubt he knows much about his own country and you argue your case by saying he knows nothing/little about BNP.

I was refering to what he said on the bnp.

Nord_the_raider
07-09-07, 20:17
Sharp as a marble aren't you. I never judged the BNP, I merely made an observation based on what I have seen. There's a difference, one of which you seemed to have missed.

And what have you seen? Nothing, you are american, your only ''observation'' is what you read from your media. Have you been to a bnp rally, a member on the bnp forum or spokemen? No obviously not.

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 20:29
Considering mods have the privalege of having the last word on topics like these, I'd like to close this one by mentioning that there are a dozen things I'd give my left arm and both kidneys to say right now to you Nord, but I'm going to hold a dignified silence befitting my position of responsibility instead.

Guys, everyone, please try to stick to the original topic a bit more closely next time, 'kay?