PDA

View Full Version : If one tomb raider game had to be exterminated...

Ladyknowles
07-09-07, 20:07
And never ever seen again. Never playable again
Which one?

:D;)

Grenade
07-09-07, 20:07
AOD? :p

Ladyknowles
07-09-07, 20:09
Yeah I was thinking AOD. It's like..the odd one out with dodgy movement!

Reggie
07-09-07, 20:11
TR:Legend.

Legend of Lara
07-09-07, 20:11
Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I've made my point. :p

Ladyknowles
07-09-07, 20:12
Oooh I thought everyone would say AOD!

Assassino
07-09-07, 20:13
Nope not everybody;)

Legend of Lara
07-09-07, 20:14

'scuse me? AOD was awesome! :D

2kool4u
07-09-07, 20:15

HELL NO lol. AoD, after AoD the series died.

Sara Croft
07-09-07, 20:16
Definatly Legend!

da tomb raider!
07-09-07, 20:17
Legend! I'd love to see that "game" exterminated!

Legend of Lara
07-09-07, 20:19
Legend! I'd love to see that "game" exterminated!

Game/Lame interactive movie. :p

Ladyknowles
07-09-07, 20:21
haha sorry, didn't mean to insult AOD! It's a very good game. Thinking about it, I'd exterminate legend aswell. It's absolutely nowt like tomb raider :mad: The forum has opened my eyes to its crappiness!

da tomb raider!
07-09-07, 20:21
Game/Lame interactive movie. :p

It doesn't even deserve to be called that. :p

Samsdad
07-09-07, 20:22
Why do we need such a negative thread to bash on any particular game?

Sara Croft
07-09-07, 20:24
Why do we need such a negative thread to bash on any particular game?
The real question is... Why not?:p
And ist not bashing. Just seing what game is the majority's least favorite.

Larson_1988
07-09-07, 20:24
The last revelation.

Angel_14
07-09-07, 20:25
None of them. I liked Legend the least, but I still wouldn't want to destroy it. Only Legend Lara and its story :p

Legend of Lara
07-09-07, 20:28
The last revelation.

:yik::eek::yik::eek:

You ARE kidding, aren't you? o_O

Larson_1988
07-09-07, 20:29
:yik::eek::yik::eek:

You ARE kidding, aren't you? o_O

No, i really don't!

Anajrob
For me - Chronicles :p

:)

cristina8992
If it wasn't for Legend, I wouldn't be here. So I'd say... AoD. No offense, it wasn't that bad, but the series went downhill after it came out.

Samsdad
07-09-07, 20:32
The real question is... Why not?:p
And ist not bashing. Just seing what game is the majority's least favorite.

No it isn't. It is an exercise in bashing. The individuals that respond are a very self selected minority that like to bash. If you are interested in what the "majority" of bashers like to bash then I suppose this is the place for you.

Legend of Lara
07-09-07, 20:38
No, i really don't!

Well, of course nobody would like a tough, long, complex and immersive game. Of course not. It's too boring. And good.

Larson_1988
07-09-07, 20:40
Well, of course nobody would like a tough, long, complex and immersive game. Of course not. It's too boring. And good.

I beg your pardon? the lenght has nothing to do with my opinion about the game. But is's just that it all happens in one country! It's so boring.

Sara Croft
07-09-07, 20:41
I beg your pardon? the lenght has nothing to do with my opinion about the game. But is's just that it all happens in one country! It's so boring.
I must agree that the color orange got a bit.. erm.. boring after a while :p And I didnt like the backtracking to levels either. Confused me alot (Especially when using cheats :O)

Mona Sax
07-09-07, 20:41
I think the series could've done without Chronicles. Just a quick cash-in with no real artistic value.

Reggie
07-09-07, 20:44
For me - Chronicles :p

:)

I think the series could've done without Chronicles. Just a quick cash-in with no real artistic value.

I would also have said Chronicles but I believe it is a vital part of the TR series because without it, the TR:LE would never have reached the amount of people as it did. It was the release of Chronicles that gave birth to the TR:LE community. That very community continues to bring fans definitive classic style TR levels.

Legend of Lara
07-09-07, 20:44

Yeah, a short 5 hour, linear, incredibly easy and generic shooter with Lara's name slammed onto it is MUCH better! :D

Mona Sax
07-09-07, 20:46
I would also have said Chronicles but I believe it is a vital part of the TR series because without it, the TR:LE would never have reached the amount of people as it did. It was the release of Chronicles that gave birth to the TR:LE community. That very community continues to bring fans definitive classic style TR levels.
Yeah, that's a good point.

Anajrob
07-09-07, 20:47

Yes, but they could have released just TRLE without Chronicles. ;)

Larson_1988
07-09-07, 20:47
Yeah, a short 5 hour, linear, incredibly easy and generic shooter with Lara's name slammed onto it is MUCH better! :D

Wow, aren't we sarcastic today?

Legend of Lara
07-09-07, 20:53
Wow, aren't we sarcastic today?

Why, yes. -_-

da tomb raider!
07-09-07, 20:57

Legend's not 5 hours long, silly! It's 3 hours long! :D

Sara Croft
07-09-07, 20:59
Oooopinions... :whi:

TR freak
07-09-07, 21:03
TR3. Its the only one thats just not fun to replay.

da tomb raider!
07-09-07, 21:05
TR3. Its the only one thats just not fun to replay.

:yik: *has heart attack*

Lara Croft Fan Joe
07-09-07, 21:05
Legend. Easy, Boring, Cheesy, Annoying, Zip and Allister were so pathetic and I got really sick of Lara's pretentious 1-liners, so definatly legend IMO

Hyper_Crazy
07-09-07, 21:07
Anniversary for me.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 21:07
AoD, yeah, I like it and all but I like the other 5 Tomb Raiders more. :p

DISCLAIMER: I don't consider any game made by CD to be a Tomb Raider game :whi: :p

Ladyknowles
07-09-07, 21:19
:) I still think legend.
But...
yeah, legend. haha

talion
07-09-07, 21:23
Actually, I'd say TR5, because some things don't make much sense (especially in the Rome levels) and it didn't feel as 'complete' as some of the others. Not that I hate it in any way, i like this game almost as much as the rest. However it wouldn't bother me as much as the others though if it were exterminated :)

Ladyknowles
07-09-07, 21:25
Actually, I'd say TR5

However it wouldn't bother me as much as the others though if it were exterminated :)

I slightly agree with Talion.
I always thought chronicles was a bit odd.
But I still enjoyed it.
Exterminate legend (even though i enjoyed that too)

Jacob x5
07-09-07, 22:26
I'd go for getting rid of Angel of Darkness or Legend.

The last revelation.

Sorry? The Last Revelation is the best one! :eek:

I think I'm going to have to turn my back on you. ;)

Titanium
07-09-07, 22:27
The interactive DVD. :p

Ladyknowles
07-09-07, 22:30

Oooh! You cheated the system :)
Well done titanium
Nice way around a V. hard question!

jackali
07-09-07, 22:40
Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said! I completely agree with this wonderful, perfect, amazing, brilliant post.

Ladyknowles
07-09-07, 22:41
haha shud I add another legend to the end?

jackali
07-09-07, 22:44
I think it will look rather nice with another legend on the end actually. Just in case someone didn't quite understand what it was getting at?

Inkheart
07-09-07, 22:47
AoD. It was nearly responsible for the death of the series! I can't see why people are saying Legend. At least give Crystal a time to improve - they haven't killed off the series yet!

Tihocan9
07-09-07, 22:49
i would say the interactive DVD but that would be copying Titanium so I wont, if I HAD to pick one then I would pick Chronicles I love everyone of them so its a hard choice

jackali
07-09-07, 22:50
AoD. It was nearly responsible for the death of the series! I can't see why people are saying Legend. At least give Crystal a time to improve - they haven't killed off the series yet!

If you hadn't noticed, AoD did not cause the death of the series. While it is now in the hands of Crystal it is still very much alive. If AoD had been that bad they would not have tried to "re-invent" it. People would have steered clear of it anyway.

Evidently, that shows that while AoD was harshly criticised, it was certainly more than enough to keep the series alive.

Hyper_Crazy
07-09-07, 22:50

I totally agree, worst Tomb Raider ever.

I think it will look rather nice with another legend on the end actually. Just in case someone didn't quite understand what it was getting at?

Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend Legend!!!!!!!!!!! LEGEND

jackali
07-09-07, 22:54
Thanks Kyle. I'm not sure if my old English teacher would realise what that post was getting at though.

She was a half-scottish, half-irish hybrid who thought that the Sun revolved around the Earth and had no idea what 10x7 was.

(Not that her nationality has anything to do with her stupidity).

MiCkiZ88
07-09-07, 22:54
The interactive DVD. :pErr.. has anyone here actually played it? I doubt I even want to play it. I like AoD & all.. but meh.

I'll say that.

jackali
07-09-07, 22:58
Err.. has anyone here actually played it? I doubt I even want to play it. I like AoD & all.. but meh.

I'll say that.

I've played it.

It actually wasn't that bad at all. It was quite entertaining. But certainly not something that you'll play more than once.

Titanium
07-09-07, 23:01
How much did it cost? I mean if its more then 5 then really thats too much.

jackali
07-09-07, 23:03
How much did it cost? I mean if its more then 5 then really thats too much.

Well, I actually got it both early, and free.

I pre-ordered it. Before it arrived I was refunded my money. I had assumed that production had halted, it was being recalled and I wasn't getting it.

The it arrived the next day, 7 days before its release date.

troy tr
07-09-07, 23:25
Legend ;) Corny and emo is not really Lara.

ajrich17901
08-09-07, 00:20
LEGEND!!!!!!!!

And with it
-Sappy lara
-Sappy game story
-Dumb alister and zip
-Frozen Winston
-Amanda
-EVERYTHING

-___- Cough*AMELIA*Cough

BRing back AOD lara lol

ThomasCroft
08-09-07, 00:21
Chronicles, actually.

b0bb13
08-09-07, 00:23
Chronicles, actually.

Ditto!

And I am not going to say AOD,because if AOD wasn't so bad,CD would not had made Legend.:D:p

pEhouse
08-09-07, 00:27
I gotta say AoD.. I couldn't even finish it because of a major bug. The only TR I ever had problems with.

Betal
08-09-07, 01:24
AOD. Got bored the first second I played it. Ans I finished it. But to be honest I never had fun playing it.

kooky
08-09-07, 01:35
TR Legend, too short, Too many Mercenaries & too much action.

Deepthought
08-09-07, 01:57
Chronicles! AOD got me interested enough, and Legend wasn't THAT bad, just short. Chronicles was rushed and unessisarry, not to metion spawns lanslide-sized plotholes

Natey168
08-09-07, 02:07
Legend... 'tis my least favorite.

Twilight
08-09-07, 02:08
TRA, at least TRL was a new game. but no more "re-imagining".

Forever_Laras_56
08-09-07, 02:21
chronicles for me cus i tryed to play it it...was..jussssttt a little BORING! and thay didenteven need to be made it was stupid.

or if i had a second chose i would say...TRA cus thay took to much stuff out of it and she wasent the same...

matrix54
08-09-07, 02:37
All The Handheld Games!!!!!

Bacon Lara
08-09-07, 02:44
Tomb Raider anniversary
It was actually worse than legend and imo a crappy remake

amitabha
08-09-07, 03:15
While I did enjoy Legend for the most part, I could for sure live without it.

tranniversary119
08-09-07, 03:40
Chronicles..Was pretty boring. All the others were fine.

Bowie
08-09-07, 03:43
I say Tomb Raider 1. After replaying that recently, I couldn't help but be astonished at how empty and outdated it feels. It almost feels like a prototype or something (although, that's not far from the truth I suppose).

The level designs are, to me, in many places noticeably disgusting and awkard. (Apart from The Lost Valley, I can't say many of the levels -- not even the infamous St. Francis' Folly, Palace Midas or Atlantis -- are really worthy of the acclaim they receive, THESE DAYS). I think people need to stop nostalgically looking at this game through rose-coloured glasses.

Funnily enough, the astonishing improvement in quality made with Tomb Raider 2 shows how bland the original is.

I don't think ANYONE benefits from the original being playable any more, IMHO.

Twilight
08-09-07, 03:46
^ well TR1 started the series and the games improved with each one.
ofcourse itll feel outdated, its 10 yrs old.

speak for uself, some ppl do benefit from playing the original.

Eddie Haskell
08-09-07, 03:47
I say Tomb Raider 1. After replaying that recently, I couldn't help but be astonished at how empty and outdated it feels. It almost feels like a prototype or something (although, that's not far from the truth I suppose).

The level designs are, to me, in many places noticeably disgusting and awkard. (Apart from The Lost Valley, I can't say many of the levels -- not even the infamous St. Francis' Folly, Palace Midas or Atlantis -- are really worthy of the acclaim they receive, THESE DAYS). I think people need to stop nostalgically looking at this game through rose-coloured glasses.

Funnily enough, the astonishing improvement in quality made with Tomb Raider 2 shows how bland the original is.

I don't think ANYONE benefits from the original being playable any more, IMHO.

Speak for yourself, I have just completed it for the upteenth time with the high rez textures and it was a whole new experience. I'll keep the rose colored glasses on thank you very much...:)

Twilight
08-09-07, 03:50
^ weird. we posted a minute apart, we both said "speak for urself", and hav a quote for a sig.

just an observation.

Bowie
08-09-07, 03:56
Speak for yourself, I have just completed for the upteenth time with the high rez textures and it was a whole new experience. I'll keep the rose colored glasses on thank you very much...:)
I did speak for myself. Re: "I don't think..."

Yeah I played it with modern graphics too. Don't you find most of the level design is way too arbitrary? Clearly Core Design wanted to get the most out of each room by making Lara traverse it via the most complicated course, but I find every game after that does a much better job of making it feel like Lara is actually navigating and exploring tombs, not simply on an obstacle course dressed up with tomb-like wallpaper.

To put it differently, while playing Tomb Raider 1, I'm constantly NOTICING the level design, like "ahh this room is for me to jump across... oh i see the designers want me to be fooled by this but I won't... oh look at those floating boxes that make no sense..." but instantly, from Tomb Raider 2 onwards, I'm totally gripped by the design, and I feel like Lara actually is a character, and I am Lara, and I am being challenged by real, living environments.

"The Great Wall" instantly blows out of the water Tomb Raider 1, IMHO. The location IS the level, rather than the location dressing up an arbitrarily challenging obstacle course.

Eddie Haskell
08-09-07, 04:03
I did speak for myself. Re: "I don't think..."

Yeah I played it with modern graphics too. Don't you find most of the level design is way too arbitrary? Clearly Core Design wanted to get the most out of each room by making Lara traverse it via the most complicated course, but I find every game after that does a much better job of making it feel like Lara is actually navigating and exploring tombs, not simply on an obstacle course dressed up with tomb-like wallpaper.

To put it differently, while playing Tomb Raider 1, I'm constantly NOTICING the level design, like "ahh this room is for me to jump across... oh i see the designers want me to be fooled by this but I won't... oh look at those floating boxes that make no sense..." but instantly, from Tomb Raider 2 onwards, I'm totally gripped by the design, and I feel like Lara actually is a character, and I am Lara, and I am being challenged by real, living environments.

"The Great Wall" instantly blows out of the water Tomb Raider 1, IMHO. The location IS the level, rather than the location dressing up an arbitrarily challenging obstacle course.

I do agree wholeheartedly that in terms of level design TR2 was on the whole better, and you named my all-time favorite level in the Great Wall and its Gauntlet of Traps. In my opinion this level has never been equaled, it's design was stupendous. But they had a game to work off of and therefore could use what worked better and incorporate the various danger elements more naturally in the game.

Bowie
08-09-07, 04:06
^ well TR1 started the series and the games improved with each one.
ofcourse itll feel outdated, its 10 yrs old.

speak for uself, some ppl do benefit from playing the original.
Speak for YOURSELF, you don't know that for sure. At least I was stating my opinion "I don't think..." because this is a forum where you're supposed to do that. I didn't ACTUALLY speak for everybody by claiming something as fact.

And what does it matter that TR1 started the series? The question is hypothetical, and it asks which game we would exterminate. It doesn't ask us to consider fairness in terms of TR1 being released 10 years ago with the least technological innovation.

So if, as you say, the games improved with each one, then TR1, by your logic, would make the perfect candidate for extermination. And while I don't agree that every game is an improvement on the last, I do believe the first one is the least immersive and enjoyable. And that isn't even considering the technology. I feel as though the DESIGN is inferior to its sequels in most respects.

I do agree wholeheartedly that in terms of level design TR2 was on the whole better, and you named my all-time favorite level in the Great Wall and its Gauntlet of Traps. In my opinion this level has never been equaled, it's design was stupendous. But they had a game to work off of and therefore could use what worked better and incorporate the various danger elements more naturally in the game.
I agree. They had a game to work off of. That doesn't mean it can't be "exterminated" now, hypothetically. The awesomeness of Tomb Raider 2 and its unparalleled levels would still remain. I'm just answering the hypothetical question as I see it.

myrmaad
08-09-07, 04:16
In your poll, Eddie, I found myself having to choose a favorite level, and immediately the Great Wall sprung to mind, but then I thought, I really can't think of them all, what it I forget something, then I tried to remember where I would go over and over in the game. I really liked playing the barkhang monastery once I figured out not to accidentally kill the monks when shooting the mercenaries. I forgot how much I loved the Tibetan Foothills, I'm a sucker for machines you can ride. I also loved the lost valley and Venice, I loved the Opera House levels. So much to love in that game.

I won't choose a game to exterminate, but if you held a gun to my head it would have to be anniversary. Just don't like the Game much, the graphics are nice, but I just played TR1 right after I finished Anni, and I was in heaven. I guess I have a vivid enough imagination to not be concerned about the graphics so much.

Twilight
08-09-07, 04:23
well if u dont like TR1 then fine. but u obviously kno ppl benefit form playing it since theyre "nostalgically looking at this game through rose-coloured glasses". why is that a bad thing? nostiglia improves a game and fills them with memories.

but hey, its ur opinion, i have mine. we're arguing over nothing.

Eddie Haskell
08-09-07, 04:23
In your poll, Eddie, I found myself having to choose a favorite level, and immediately the Great Wall sprung to mind, but then I thought, I really can't think of them all, what it I forget something, then I tried to remember where I would go over and over in the game. I really liked playing the barkhang monastery once I figured out not to accidentally kill the monks when shooting the mercenaries. I forgot how much I loved the Tibetan Foothills, I'm a sucker for machines you can ride. I also loved the lost valley and Venice, I loved the Opera House levels. So much to love in that game.

I won't choose a game to exterminate, but if you held a gun to my head it would have to be anniversary. Just don't like the Game much, the graphics are nice, but I just played TR1 right after I finished Anni, and I was in heaven. I guess I have a vivid enough imagination to not be concerned about the graphics so much.

If anyone cannot remember or think of a level they ought to head over to "Stella's" and look at the titles of the levels in the walkthroughs. They are all listed there.

If I could not choose the Great Wall for the level design question I would choose the Opera House because of the fact that in this relatively small area they packed in plenty of fun and action. :)

imaginarylight
08-09-07, 04:42
Chronicles, it just wasnt good as the others.

Bowie
08-09-07, 04:45
well if u dont like TR1 then fine. but u obviously kno ppl benefit form playing it since theyre "nostalgically looking at this game through rose-coloured glasses". why is that a bad thing? nostiglia improves a game and fills them with memories.

but hey, its ur opinion, i have mine. we're arguing over nothing.
I do LOVE TR1, btw. I just love the others more, though (even Chronicles, AOD and Legend -- three vastly different consecutive entries -- although I think the Rome levels have the EXACT SAME prototypical/arbitrary design element that I feel lets down TR1).

As for nostalgia, I think that in 10 years' time we will feel nostalgia for all of the Tomb Raider games, even those we hate at the moment for various reasons (like lots of people HAAAATED Chronicles when it came out; or derided AOD until starting to compliment it in order to distinguish Core as separate from and superior to CD).

At that point, TR1 won't be in the uniquely nostalgic position that it is in now, I believe, and will fall short because of the design problems I have described.

I stand by my unshared opinion that, in the long run, in terms of the enjoyability factor, 'exterminating' TR1 forever would be the wisest investment.

Eddie Haskell
08-09-07, 04:53
I do LOVE TR1, btw. I just love the others more, though (even Chronicles, AOD and Legend -- three vastly different consecutive entries -- although I think the Rome levels have the EXACT SAME prototypical/arbitrary design element that I feel lets down TR1).

As for nostalgia, I think that in 10 years' time we will feel nostalgia for all of the Tomb Raider games, even those we hate at the moment for various reasons (like lots of people HAAAATED Chronicles when it came out; or derided AOD until starting to compliment it in order to distinguish Core as separate from and superior to CD).

At that point, TR1 won't be in the uniquely nostalgic position that it is in now, I believe, and will fall short because of the design problems I have described.

I stand by my unshared opinion that, in the long run, in terms of the enjoyability factor, 'exterminating' TR1 forever would be the wisest investment.

I'll have to ask you to come with me, after I read you your rights. You're under arrest for treason...;)

Alex Fly
08-09-07, 09:41
AOD wasn't really what I've expected for a perfect Tomb Raider game, the controls ruined the game completely for me but it has some good points anyway.

But if I had to choose, I'd choose without any hesitations the pointless Chronicles. It's the worst of the series IMO.

RAID
08-09-07, 09:42
Anniversary

illuminati30
08-09-07, 10:30
Legend, i don't think i will ever get over it. :(

Ladyknowles
08-09-07, 10:36
Wow, I never knew people would argue over stuff like this!
I always start 'argument threads'
Sorreeee! haha:hug:

Zelda master
08-09-07, 10:47
Legend should burn in hell for eternaty:mad:

Ladyknowles
08-09-07, 10:48
Legend should burn in hell for eternaty:mad:

ROFL.

peffect
08-09-07, 11:00
To post here doesn't mean to compulsorily name TR a game.

I don't think any of the Tomb Raider games should be "exterminated". I love them all!

... And those who are saying, Legend should be "exterminated", rather should be grateful.

Night Crawler
08-09-07, 11:15
Angel of darkness, of course.

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 11:18
... And those who are saying, Legend should be "exterminated", rather should be grateful.Why? It's only their opinion.

peffect
08-09-07, 11:23
Why? It's only their opinion.

I wish I could go back in time to see the same members saying the same thing about Legend when it first came out...

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 11:24
I wish I could go back in time to see the same members saying the same thing about Legend when it first came out...Opinions change. There's nothing wrong with that. :)

peffect
08-09-07, 11:27
Opinions change. There's nothing wrong with that. :)

We see things from different angles.

I think without Legend, Tomb Raider would be dead 4 years ago.

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 11:33
I think without Legend, Tomb Raider would be dead 4 years ago.
IMO Tomb Raider did die 4 years ago.

peffect
08-09-07, 11:34

Interesting...

larson n natla
08-09-07, 11:43
AOD or anniversary

legend rules and tr1 and tr2 and tr .........

you get the picture

trXD
08-09-07, 11:54
AOD or anniversary

legend rules and tr1 and tr2 and tr .........

you get the picture

I would like to have AOD exterminated becuase it wasnt continued. I LOVED THE GAME but since it was never continued it is a bit pointless.

The storyline would go

TLR: Lara gets trapped in tomb
TRC: in the end von croy finds lara and everything is normal again
TRL: legend storyline that shows the whole lara trapped thing is over

Survival
08-09-07, 12:15
Hmmm Tomb Raider game that had to be exterminated... hmmmm

Of course if you consider Legend and Anniversary as a Tomb Raider games then those two can burn in hell :).

If you mean REAL Tomb Raider games the Chronicles would be the one (Even though I love the cutscenes it was still rushed and short).

randomrhys
08-09-07, 12:28
legend. it's an OK game but i don't think anyone would have paid much attention if lara wasn't in it.

i personally didn't feel like it was true TR and i think it's now infuenced all future titles into being linear and having uber short levels and lara almost crying at every constant mention of her family.

i liked the idea of her being disowned from her upper class family and going against them all in the name of raiding tombs.

AmericanAssassin
08-09-07, 12:55
Legend's not 5 hours long, silly! It's 3 hours long! :D

It only takes me an hour and a half. :vlol:

I don't want any of them to be exterminated... I like some less than others, but I still like all of them in their own ways. ;)

toby_13
08-09-07, 13:09
Chronicles...what a piece of crap!

MUN33B
08-09-07, 13:11
Legend - as much as I loved it it didnt live upto what it should've been :(

troy tr
08-09-07, 16:37
peffect, I'm sorry for off topic but your avatar is highly disturbing!:eek: well, at least to me :o

back to topic:

Legend. Boring and uncreative.

tomblover
08-09-07, 17:10
I think the movie (Yes, movie. You barely play it.) TRL should be exterminated. :wve:

Legend of Lara
08-09-07, 17:18

True. In it's place, it's the "incredible"

LEDGE HOPPER!!! :D

Ladyknowles
08-09-07, 17:22
True. In it's place, it's the "incredible"

LEDGE HOPPER!!! :D

ROFL! got it in one!

PARANOIA
08-09-07, 18:02
Tomb Raider iDVD. What a rip-off, and nothing but Eidos wanting to make money off of a previously released title.

Naz2000
08-09-07, 18:51
Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness I would have to say:)

Legend of Lara
08-09-07, 18:53
Tomb Raider iDVD. What a rip-off, and nothing but Eidos wanting to make money off of a previously released title.

Which means they just could've released an AOD sequel instead of a lame "remake". :rolleyes:

Ladyknowles
08-09-07, 20:59
Who wants to play on a DVD anyway :S
It's for movies!

Assassino
08-09-07, 21:09

Man I must be blind...I haven't even seen it in stores! When was it released?

Ladyknowles
08-09-07, 21:10
Man I must be blind...I haven't even seen it in stores! When was it released?

Aggggeees ago
don't worry
It weren't very publisised i don't think
;)

Assassino
08-09-07, 21:12
Haha no joke!:D
Then I'd also say the DVD since i'm currently living without it:)

Ladyknowles
08-09-07, 21:16
haha yurp i totally agree!

Zebra
08-09-07, 21:17
Definitely Crystal's TRA (and instead of that we get Core's AE :D)!

Assassino
08-09-07, 21:18
LadyKnowles your avatar scares me a little bit lol where is it from?

Lenochka
08-09-07, 21:55
Whats with the Tomb raider died comments? :vlol: Dramatic much? It's only a game series xD

I wouldn't get rid of any of them, Sure i liked a few more then the others but i still think each game did its part to propel the series further :)

Ladyknowles
08-09-07, 22:23
Its from the mighty boosh.
It's naboo
I wish I hadn't put it on now.
Don't know what I was thinking! :hea:

Duchess
09-09-07, 02:26
Tomb Raider Legend

LuigiEspadachin
09-09-07, 09:42
Most likely either Chronicles (and the Level Editor would be released seperately) or AOD.

Legend 4ever
09-09-07, 09:51
Tomb Raider 1

Sucks, I hate it.

I'm joking, but I could live without it. But how to live without Legend? I hated TR1, it was really boring.
Even Anniversary was kinda dull due to being remake of suck a mediocre game like TR1.

in these arms
09-09-07, 09:56
TR3! :mad::D

Legend of Lara
09-09-07, 10:38
Tomb Raider 1

Sucks, I hate it.

I'm joking, but I could live without it. But how to live without Legend? I hated TR1, it was really boring.
Even Anniversary was kinda dull due to being remake of suck a mediocre game like TR1.

So, what's you're basically saying, you could live without the original which spawned the series...

...no more Tomb Raider then? And Legend is the mediocre game here! :p

Mad Tony
09-09-07, 10:43
Legend is the mediocre game here! :pOMGZZZ!!11! NO IT'S NOT!!11! U TEH NOOB!!!!!1!!1

It's the crap game. :p
IMO anyway.

Ladyknowles
09-09-07, 10:45
No body's ever said TR2
Cos its the best!

TombRaiderLover
09-09-07, 12:24
Tomb Raider 1

Sucks, I hate it.

:eek:

Rivendell
09-09-07, 13:17
*Thinks*
Tricky question...

NOT!

Definitely legend.

DragonSlayer
09-09-07, 13:22
i'd exterminate legend. Legend is tomb raider in name only.

PARANOIA
09-09-07, 13:26
Tomb Raider 1

Sucks, I hate it.

You're among your own there, pal.

Just remember: Tomb Raider 1 was Toby's brainchild.

James_Rutland
09-09-07, 13:38
Tomb Raider 1

Sucks, I hate it.

Whoa. Someone Isn't a true TR fan. :whi: Legend actually, its lack of challenge and adventure is its down side. Whist having amazing graphics, the Game is incredibly SHORT.

Nannonxyay
09-09-07, 13:55
Tough choice...Probably AOD because it was rushed and full of bugs. And whoever said they hated TR1, you are an idiot. :D

Anajrob
09-09-07, 14:02
Tomb Raider 1

Sucks, I hate it.

OMG! :eek:

mattlsu
09-09-07, 14:17
Legend would have to go.

tweetygwee
09-09-07, 14:42
I liked AOD, but I can understand people not liking it. However, I have trouble with anyone that wants TRLR to be exterminated, thankfully only 1 in this thread so far.

Well for me there is no doubt- Legend. I can remember it exactly, it has no replay value and therefore is of no further use to me. Exterminate it! :cln:

James_Rutland
09-09-07, 14:43
I liked AOD, but I can understand people not liking it. However, I have trouble with anyone that wants TRLR to be exterminated, thankfully only 1 in this thread so far.

Well for me there is no doubt- Legend. I can remember it exactly, it has no replay value and therefore is of no further use to me. Exterminate it! :cln:

It has very good reply value, just a very short game though. I found myself replaying it for atleast a few weeks.

Catlantean
09-09-07, 14:57
I liked them all, some more and some less, but if I had to pick one that contributed nothing to the series, Chronicles would be it.

PARANOIA
09-09-07, 15:02
So basically if we put all of the opinions in this thread together, every single game in the TR series would be exterminated, EXCEPT for the GameBoy adaptations.

Fun!

Maybe it is a good idea to agree to disagree.

kooky
09-09-07, 15:12
TR3! :mad::D

You got to be kinding me!! :yik: I thought TR3 was the best next to the last revelation! :D

DragonSlayer
09-09-07, 15:42
i'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the pc versions of tomb raider 1-3 that came with 4 extra levels.

found this related to how crap legend is that should make everyone laugh

lara gets ready to make crystal dynamics aware of her feelings about legend
http://upload2.postimage.org/698739/OutsideCD.jpg (http://upload2.postimage.org/698739/photo_hosting.html)

old lara rips legend lara's head off its animated click on it to see what legend lara's head says
http://upload2.postimage.org/698746/2n7kqrs.jpg (http://upload2.postimage.org/698746/photo_hosting.html)

Indiana Croft
09-09-07, 15:44
Aod

Ladyknowles
09-09-07, 18:07
i'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the pc versions of tomb raider 1-3 that came with 4 extra levels.

http://upload2.postimage.org/698739/OutsideCD.jpg (http://upload2.postimage.org/698739/photo_hosting.html)

old lara rips legend lara's head off its animated click on it to see what legend lara's head says
http://upload2.postimage.org/698746/2n7kqrs.jpg (http://upload2.postimage.org/698746/photo_hosting.html)

haha :tea:

Dante Trent
09-09-07, 18:09
TR1....Graphics....comics...aaagh!

Mad Tony
09-09-07, 18:16
TR1....Graphics....comics...aaagh!It annoys me when people base their opinions on old games entirely on the graphics. Of course the graphics in old games like Tomb Raider I are gonna be bad compared to todays standards. They were actually very good in 1996.

And what do you mean by comics? :confused:

Legend of Lara
09-09-07, 18:18

Graphics don't matter! Of course it's nice to have lovely graphics, but a game like TR1 should be judged on gameplay. Besides, the graphics looked awesome for the time!

And... comics? :confused:

Dante Trent
09-09-07, 18:19
It annoys me when people base their opinions on old games entirely on the graphics. Of course the graphics in old games like Tomb Raider I are gonna be bad compared to todays standards. They were actually very good in 1996.

And what do you mean by comics? :confused:

Well, the graphics look like comics..
i understand what you said, so to exterminate a newer game..well...NONE..All TR
newer games are so awesome you know...it is TR..

Survival
09-09-07, 18:21

Graphics may be bad but everything else is 1000times better than anything after AoD imho.

Mad Tony
09-09-07, 18:24
newer games are so awesome you know...it is TR..So? That was what graphics were like back in them days. Why do the graphics play such an important part of what you base your opinions on?

What do you mean? It is TR. The old games were TR too.

Legend of Lara
09-09-07, 18:27
newer games are so awesome you know...it is TR..

I'd say TR1 is more Tomb Raiderish than Legend. ;)

Angelus
09-09-07, 19:17

No you haven't. :p

I wouldn't want any of the TR games to be exterminated, personally.

Survival
09-09-07, 19:41
No you haven't. :p

I wouldn't want any of the TR games to be exterminated, personally.

Love your avatar Angelus... well and your nick too ;-)

Dante Trent
09-09-07, 19:46
I'd say TR1 is more Tomb Raiderish than Legend. ;)

You sure bout that?

Legend of Lara
09-09-07, 19:53
You sure bout that?

Is that a trick question? ;)

PARANOIA
09-09-07, 19:57
You sure bout that?

Let's see...

If it looks like Tomb Raider, and it was called Tomb Raider, and it plays like a Tomb Raider, and people referred to it as a Tomb Raider, and the main character is a Tomb Raider, and those that came after it are Tomb Raiders... it IS a Tomb Raider.

Mad Tony
09-09-07, 19:59
You sure bout that?I certainly am. Calling Legend more Tomb Raidery and than Tomb Raider I is just... well, there are no words to describe it really. :p

RAID
09-09-07, 20:10
I certainly am. Calling Legend more Tomb Raidery and than Tomb Raider I is just... well, there are no words to describe it really. :p
Crazy?

Mad Tony
09-09-07, 20:23
Crazy?That's the word :tmb: :p

Regulator
09-09-07, 20:29
Legend

Laras Backpack
10-09-07, 12:35
Legend. Always and forever Legend. :pi:

ArronC07
10-09-07, 12:37

On what planet?

just croft
10-09-07, 12:57
even a TR more buggy than AoD, a storyline and a Lara more stupid than Legend, and graphics as outdated as TR1 I wouldn't trow it away..... ;)

MMAN
10-09-07, 14:39
Chronicles, under the assumption the level editor was released separately (or with AOD?).

I haven't played AOD, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if I was more impressed with it than Chronicles; at least it sounds like it tried something new and wasn't just the same but worse, which I find TR:C the epitome of.

Anajrob
10-09-07, 15:01
Chronicles, under the assumption the level editor was released separately (or with AOD?).

I haven't played AOD, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if I was more impressed with it than Chronicles; at least it sounds like it tried something new and wasn't just the same but worse, which I find TR:C the epitome of.

Yes. I agree. People are fogeting about this :p

Joe_16
10-09-07, 15:18
Legend!

petujaymz
10-09-07, 15:35
Erm...

Tomb Raider Legend I suppose. To be fair, and honest, I loved it first play.

Upon completion however, I saw TRL for what it is... a croc of ****.

:wve:

danitiwa
12-09-07, 12:25

You missed:

LEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLE GENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGE NDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGEND LEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLE GENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGE NDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGEND LEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLE GENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGE NDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGEND LEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLE GENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGENDLEGE ND

Now it's complete. :D
Hey, some people love AOD, like some love Legend the "revived" (more like restarted.) TR game. :whi:

MikeAC
12-09-07, 12:41
Chronicles. It was fun but by far the worst of the series. At least with AOD, Legend and Anniversary some effort was put into it and it shows. Chronicles felt rushed and even more unfinished than AOD did.

Last Angel
12-09-07, 12:42
Legend for sure!

theres nothing wrong with AOD cept the didnt make a sequel

walk_man
12-09-07, 15:48
If AOD wasn't invented we would not have TRL or TRA.

But, if TRL wasn't as short or easy as it turned out then maybe we wouldn't have got the TRA we did get, but seeing as AOD got Core fired, I'd have to say that.

Legend of Lara
12-09-07, 16:30
If AOD wasn't invented we would not have TRL or TRA.

... -_-

If it makes our existence free of Crystal's reject, DESTROY AOD!!! Even though I like it! :p

Twilight
12-09-07, 21:47
... -_-

If it makes our existence free of Crystal's reject, DESTROY AOD!!! Even though I like it! :p

well, if AOD was properly finished, it probly would hav sold more and been successful, thus keeping core and having tomb raider anniversary edition from core....

i just dont understand why eidos rushes the games. they should do what the japanese do. make a very long game and hav the gamer hooked onto it. and make a sequel about 2 yrs later and make sure it blows the first one out of the water. so it would be a more special game series and not overworked. level editor should have been made since TR2. which would hav probably been released later. but of course, they want the cheap quick buck. correct me if i'm wrong, but theyre american arent they? (no offense to americans, its the way they do business)

ArronC07
12-09-07, 22:25
No, Eidos are British.

Twilight
12-09-07, 22:33
yea i was wrong. so i guess only the japanese do that. as far as i kno.

Michiel
12-09-07, 23:09
Exterminate a TR game? AOD of course.

This did make me laugh, but more about how stupid the picture was. I think the person who made this picture needs to learn what a TR game is more then Crystal Dynamics :whi: I mean: Lara wearing jeans, no holsters with twin pistols, in the middle of a city, telling what TR is about? I think Lara lost her mind here :p

Tomb Raider is about exploring tombs and temples to steal artifacts from there. That's why I think AOD should be exterminated: Tomb Raider is not about solving murders of good friends. So it is AOD for me because it clearly isn't a Tomb Raider game, neither in story and locations.

PARANOIA
12-09-07, 23:11
Tomb Raider is about exploring tombs and temples to steal artifacts from there. That's why I think AOD should be exterminated: Tomb Raider is not about solving murders of good friends. So it is AOD for me because it clearly isn't a Tomb Raider game, neither in story and locations.

All bolded statements in this user's post are not hard facts, as might be implied, but rather, matters of opinion.

Izzie404
12-09-07, 23:35
All bolded statements in this user's post are not hard facts, as might be implied, but rather, matters of opinion.

I'd disagree about saying that "Tomb Raider is about exploring tombs and temples to steal artifacts from there." is just an opinion. I guess I should say that there is more incorporated into it, but the basis pretty much is what the name is: Tomb Raider. You go to Tombs and Retrieve Artifacts [thus, raiding them]

Soma Holiday
13-09-07, 00:33
Legend...

erosan
13-09-07, 01:04
Legend

bloodstormaoa
13-09-07, 01:29

Isn't this whole "opinion" thing getting out of hand? (not referring directly/solely to you) Shouldn't we just take each post with a pinch of salt....and acknowledge them as opinions....unless otherwise stated....

TR:AoD

Mad Tony
13-09-07, 06:13
Tomb Raider is about exploring tombs and temples to steal artifacts from there. That's why I think AOD should be exterminated: Tomb Raider is not about solving murders of good friends. So it is AOD for me because it clearly isn't a Tomb Raider game, neither in story and locations.Tomb Raider is also not about jetsetting around the world looking for family members.

Ward Dragon
13-09-07, 06:37
Legend. I'm looking forward to replaying TR1-6 at some point in the future, so that leaves Legend and TRA. Of the two, I enjoyed TRA a lot more so I'd rather keep that one :) (I haven't played the iDVD or the handheld games, so I'm not counting those)

EscondeR
13-09-07, 06:43
So hard to choose between AOD and Legend :cln:

Well... as Kurtsy is at last dead I say Legend :)

dizzydoil
13-09-07, 06:45
I like Legend now, after i played with the Matrix Mod.. so i'd have to say AOD :o!

Necromanser
13-09-07, 16:09
AoD of course

danitiwa
13-09-07, 16:13
Exterminate a TR game? AOD of course.

This did make me laugh, but more about how stupid the picture was. I think the person who made this picture needs to learn what a TR game is more then Crystal Dynamics :whi: I mean: Lara wearing jeans, no holsters with twin pistols, in the middle of a city, telling what TR is about? I think Lara lost her mind here :p

Jesus, will people get over the Paris streets levels? Have you even bothered to finish the game? It gets so very TRish later. Especially in the Hall of Seasons.

maximum_123
13-09-07, 16:13

AoD rocks my socks!

I'd go with Legend. I don't care about you mother, Lara. Now stop whining and jumping in other places and jump off that cliff! Argh!

danitiwa
13-09-07, 16:16
AoD rocks my socks!

I'd go with Legend. I don't care about you mother, Lara. Now stop whining and jumping in other places and jump off that cliff! Argh!
Exactly! *hi5* :p

maximum_123
13-09-07, 16:18
Exactly! *hi5* :p

Yes she's jumping! Oh Damn! She stopped in Mid-air to have ANOTHER rant at me for not finding her mother...

Zelda master
13-09-07, 16:25
:vlol: no seriesly we dont have Lara's mother yeah... we have both her parents now:rolleyes:

trXD
13-09-07, 16:27
Tomb Raider is also not about jetsetting around the world looking for family members.

it is now (unfortunetley)

Mad Tony
13-09-07, 16:34
it is now (unfortunetley)Yes, when it shouldn't be. Hence why I don't even class it as Tomb Raider anymore.

Betal
13-09-07, 16:36
I'd disagree about saying that "Tomb Raider is about exploring tombs and temples to steal artifacts from there." is just an opinion. I guess I should say that there is more incorporated into it, but the basis pretty much is what the name is: Tomb Raider. You go to Tombs and Retrieve Artifacts [thus, raiding them]

A tomb raider steel artifacts while raiding tombs. Tomb Raider is the same as grave robber. So you can also say Lara robs tombs. So yes she steal artifacts.

And Legend is about raiding tombs. So saying it's not a Tomb Raider is just stupid.

b0bb13
13-09-07, 16:50
Jesus, will people get over the Paris streets levels? Have you even bothered to finish the game? It gets so very TRish later. Especially in the Hall of Seasons.

Strange.....in AOD I just love the Paris levels and I hate the other the Tomb Of Ancients part.:)

domina
13-09-07, 16:53
Chronicles. It really didn't do anything for the series in terms of storyline or gameplay.

SparkleCroft07
13-09-07, 19:17
Tomb Raider: Last Revelation, sorry but it was just boring!:o

Elysia
13-09-07, 19:23
No contest, really: Legend.

It is officially The Only TR Game to Make Elysia Want to Cry (And Not in a Good Way...)