PDA

View Full Version : Kate Nash

findme
07-09-07, 22:48
Anyone likes her? Or dislike her?

Is it only just me or is she SUCH a wannabe Lily Allen?

Her Foundations song annoys me, it's like a direct rip off of Lily Allen's "Knock em out" song and "Smile" mixed together.

What do you guys think about her? Is the whole MySpace artist trend going good? Or is it too overrated?

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 22:49
I HATE her with a passion. Yes, she is a rip-off of Lilly Allen.
She also has the most common and annoying voice in the world. :p

findme
07-09-07, 22:50
God her voice...

It's like a chav inside a normal person's body.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 22:51
God her voice...

It's like a chav inside a normal person's body.Definitely. :p

Funny how you brought this up today. I heard that Foundations song on the radio this morning. We weren't by any chance listening to the same radio station? :p

tombraider123
07-09-07, 22:53
I prefer her to Lily Allen.

Hyper_Crazy
07-09-07, 22:53
Ewww, just ewww!

findme
07-09-07, 22:55
Nope, never really listen to the radio tbh.

But shes been irritating me for months ever since the song came out. I mean like Lily Allen doesn't even put that much of a strong London accent into her vocals. Kate does it so severely it sounds retarded.

My sister had it on repeat on her ipod with speakers on I just wanted to throw her ipod out of the window.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 22:56
I prefer her to Lily Allen.WHY!? :eek: :p

Lew
07-09-07, 23:05
I like her. She seems nice, I seem to think Lily Allen is more of a chav with those horrible earings she wears.

findme
07-09-07, 23:12
Wearing those earrings doesn't mean she is a chav though, as her overall look is far from chavvy. And Lily doesn't speak like a chav.

Lew
07-09-07, 23:14
What and saying fitter and mates are chavvy? right....

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 23:18
What and saying fitter and mates are chavvy? right....Mates isn't chavvy, but I have to admit the way the word "fit" is being used now-a-days is pretty chavvy. :p

Lew
07-09-07, 23:20
Lol "innit doe" just makes me laugh and the way they talk on msn lyk dis mayte innit. They're not even abbriveations!(sp) cuz some are longer. Anyway I like Kate Nash Foundations and her new song :)

jarhead
07-09-07, 23:35
I dont mind her, or Lilly Allen. I like the fact that they talk their lyrics, rather then sing them. And the fact that it's nice to have songs where you can hear the accent ( I dont mind the london accent that much). I think they're a nice change to all the pop stuff there used to be

Jacob x5
07-09-07, 23:36
Her voice is painful to listen to. It's just awful. Leave singing to people who can sing.

Andariel
07-09-07, 23:45
eck. not my kind of..."music" first of all and second she sounds incredibly full of herself. *pukes a little* kthxBAI. lol

ThomasCroft
08-09-07, 00:07
She clearly hasn't got any talent, but I have to say, I really like her song "Foundations" because it's so catchy!

ajrich17901
08-09-07, 00:07
I dont even know who she is havent heard of her ever so she cant be famous lol

ihatecold17
08-09-07, 00:40
I dont even know who she is havent heard of her ever so she cant be famous lol

or maybe its because you live in the us.

I have both of their albums and yeah, lily allen is way better, and i think shes also a lot like regina spektor.

And, whats a chav. I also live in the us, and im assuming its an english slang phrase, so can someone tell me what that means?

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-09-07, 03:03
Can't stand her, or Lily Allen, OR Regina Spektor. All of their voices are awful, they've got no talent at all. I'd rather listen to Rammstein for 4 hours straight than listen to one of their songs.

Bonez
08-09-07, 07:46
Mates isn't chavvy, but I have to admit the way the word "fit" is being used now-a-days is pretty chavvy. :p

Well it isn't here :p

Anyway. I hate Nate Nash. She sucks.

She is just such a rip off. It sounds like shes trying to hard with her accent. Also, whats with all these snappy comments at people aswell? Erm, Lily Allen anybody? :p

Lily is just so so much better. And shes working on her second album. :jmp:

findme
08-09-07, 07:48

Anyway. I hate Nate Nash. She sucks.

She is just such a rip off. It sounds like shes trying to hard with her accent. Also, whats with all these snappy comments at people aswell? Erm, Lily Allen anybody? :p

Lily is just so so much better. And shes working on her second album. :jmp:

Ditto! Kate tries waaaaay too hard.

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 09:10
Ok, but this is how the word fit is usually used today:

Person 1: Look at that girl, she's well fit
Person 2: Innit bruv

And don't say that's just an over-dramatization because you know it's not. :p

Bonez
08-09-07, 09:14
Ok, but this is how the word fit is usually used today:

Person 1: Look at that girl, she's well fit
Person 2: Innit bruv

And don't say that's just an over-dramatization because you know it's not. :p

LOL :D

Thats very accurate :p But its not just chavs that say it round here.. you either say hot or fit XD

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 09:15
LOL :D

Thats very accurate :p But its not just chavs that say it round here.. you either say hot or fit XDNo, I agree, most people say it (I don't and I'm proud of that :D :p). I rarely hear the word hot though. :(

Bonez
08-09-07, 09:18
No, I agree, most people say it (I don't and I'm proud of that :D :p). I rarely hear the word hot though. :(

Haha.. I say it, though I think Hot is a more erm.. Well I always think it sounds more complimentary than 'fit'. But its more everday school language :p

tombraider123
08-09-07, 10:39
Mates isn't chavvy, but I have to admit the way the word "fit" is being used now-a-days is pretty chavvy. :p

I know so many people who say he/she is fit. It's just another way of saying someone is hot. Not Chavvy at all.

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 10:41
I know so many people who say he/she is fit. It's just another way of saying someone is hot. Not Chavvy at all.In your opinion, but I definitely think it's chavvy. The meaning of the word fit has been obscured.

TombRaiderLover
08-09-07, 10:50
Lol "innit doe" just makes me laugh and the way they talk on msn lyk dis mayte innit. They're not even abbriveations!(sp) cuz some are longer. Anyway I like Kate Nash Foundations and her new song :)

Wow. You share the same view as me (hate of chav text init lol safeage ma homie)

Anyway, I quite enjoy the song, though Nash's voice is a bit off sometimes. :p

Ben - Agreed. It once meant a person had a healthy, defined body. Now it's like "lol dat gal is wel fit even do i isnt seened her nakid lol"

Night Crawler
08-09-07, 11:11
I love her. Made of bricks is an excellent album, pity she left off Caroline's a victim though. I think she's better than Lily Allen. :tmb:

L.C
08-09-07, 17:30
Just to put it straight to those accusing Kate of copying Lily. They are completely different in style, and Kate's been doing what she does for most of her life. I doubt she decided one day 'I think I'm going to copy that Allen girl so that I annoy her fans.' It's actually the record industry that times the breaking through of an artist. They're on different labels, and I'm sure she was signed up since Lily became quite huge.

I have seen and photographed both ladies, and I can tell you that although both are very charming, Kate does have the edge on being more approachable and generally sweet. Also, she didn't have her father's fame to give her an edge. But I don't deny that Lily can sing. I do like them both.

But hey, it's just my opinion ;)

I like her. She seems nice, I seem to think Lily Allen is more of a chav with those horrible earings she wears.Her look is defintely down that chavvie path.

remote91
08-09-07, 17:35
I hate her style of music and voice but she is pretty damn hot :p

Nannonxyay
08-09-07, 17:44
I hate her with a vegance, she is the most talentless peice of scum this planet has to offer. At least Lily Allen is original, and Kate Nash is just trying to copy her because Lily's music is in right now. At least Lily Allen actually sings not just speak to the rythm. Talentless peice of crap, that's what Kate Nash is. I almost hate her as much as Paris Hilton... :hea:

L.C
08-09-07, 17:47
I hate her with a vegance, she is the most talentless peice of scum this planet has to offer. At least Lily Allen is original, and Kate Nash is just trying to copy her because Lily's music is in right now. At least Lily Allen actually sings not just speak to the rythm. Talentless peice of crap, that's what Kate Nash is. I almost hate her as much as Paris Hilton... :hea:I take it you didn't read my post :rolleyes:

Jacob x5
08-09-07, 17:52
I hate her style of music and voice but she is pretty damn hot :p

No she isn't. :p

Ampersand
08-09-07, 17:52
I'm quite happy to say that I find Kate Nash and Lily Allen equally godawful.

Childish slice-of-life lyrics and glottal stop-ridden vocals got old a long time ago. I wish people would do something new.

Bonez
08-09-07, 17:58
Just to put it straight to those accusing Kate of copying Lily. They are completely different in style, and Kate's been doing what she does for most of her life. I doubt she decided one day 'I think I'm going to copy that Allen girl so that I annoy her fans.' It's actually the record industry that times the breaking through of an artist. They're on different labels, and I'm sure she was signed up since Lily became quite huge.

I have seen and photographed both ladies, and I can tell you that although both are very charming, Kate does have the edge on being more approachable and generally sweet. Also, she didn't have her father's fame to give her an edge. But I don't deny that Lily can sing. I do like them both.

But hey, it's just my opinion ;).

I respect that as your opinion. I don't know that much about Kate, but it always comes across like shes tyring to copy Lily Allen.

Thats just what i think though. :)

Joe_16
08-09-07, 17:59
She's okay. Very pretty as well.

remote91
08-09-07, 18:00

At least someone agrees with me, I like how she looks really natural and not like a manufactured bimbo..her music is still **** though.

Jacob x5
08-09-07, 18:06
I like how she looks really natural and not like a manufactured bimbo.

I suppose that's something. :cln: I find I'm attracted to girls without make-up.

Rickéh
08-09-07, 18:16
I dislike both of them.

Angelus
08-09-07, 20:18
I can't stand her. I hate her song Foundations. Her voice is one of the most common and annoying voices ever. :hea:

Jacob x5
08-09-07, 21:41
I despise Lily Allen aswell. She has a really common voice aswell, and I can see what people mean by 'Kate Nash is another Lily Allen'.

Also, 'Oh My God' is a great song and Lily Allen ruined it. :hea:

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 21:46
I have to agree there.

Jacob x5
08-09-07, 21:48
I have to agree there.

And the lyrics are too intelligent for her voice.

I could go on. :ton:

Night Crawler
08-09-07, 22:00
What do you guys think of this?

T1bcDwa735o

It's a very different style from her, very 80's. It's my favourite of hers but it wasn't included on the album.

My favourite song from the album though, has to be this:

2sIDKWskyAY

Even though she sounds annoyingly like Catherine Tate sometimes lol.

"Sometimes I wish I was like Mariella, she got some prittstick and she glued her lips together"

Beanz
08-09-07, 23:40
She's a Lily Allen Rip off, Lily Allen's songs rock! and thats coming from an emo.

Also, Kate Nash's album is called Made From Bricks Lily's is called Alright still. She is a total wannabe with crap lyrics..... "you said I must eat so many lemons, coz I am so bitter, I said I'd rather be wiv your friends mate, coz they are much fitter."

I mean, come on, how much worse can you get?

Bonez
09-09-07, 08:49

IMO I thought she made it better. :D

Necromanser
09-09-07, 09:18
Theyre both bad singers.But each to his own taste

Legend 4ever
09-09-07, 09:21
OK, does she ever sing. That first song in Night Crawler's post made me almost kill myself, so distracting and annoying.

OK, I love Lilly Alen, but how come you compare this to Lilly's songs, I see no connection in styles of these two.

Jacob x5
09-09-07, 09:34
"you said I must eat so many lemons, coz I am so bitter, I said I'd rather be wiv your friends mate, coz they are much fitter."

I mean, come on, how much worse can you get?

Not much. :tea:

IMO I thought she made it better. :D

Really? Are you sure? Here's the original Kaiser Chiefs version (the good one):

fzbTm-OKbzs

And here's Lily Allen's crappy version (sorry there's no video — the video version had terrible sound quality):

gMhEoQBuex0

Ugh. "The most beau'iful thing..." What happened to the 't'? The 't' is very important! :cln: Nowt on the original if you ask me.

Let's have a vote. :ton:

Legend 4ever
09-09-07, 09:37
Lilly's version is better.

Bonez
09-09-07, 09:38
XD

No really.. The song should have just been hers from the beginning. :p Its got her sort of style... :D

Jacob x5
09-09-07, 09:38
Lilly's version is better.
You just made the list. :p

XD

No really.. The song should have just been hers from the beginning. :p Its got her sort of style... :D
She wouldn't have been able to write it herself.

ThomasCroft
09-09-07, 09:41

2sIDKWskyAY

"Sometimes I wish I was like Mariella, she got some prittstick and she glued her lips together"

Oh I just loved that. I really like her style and I thought that track in particular was so meaningful.

Bonez
09-09-07, 09:42
She wouldn't have been able to write it herself.

Probably not but what she does it is good. Her lyrics are clever...

L.C
09-09-07, 09:57
Not even sure why this thread was started. Usually when one starts a thread naming someone or something, it's to appreciate them. It should have been titled 'I hate Kate Nash' by the original poster :rolleyes:

So, being that this thread still bears the title 'Kate Nash,' I shall share this with you all......
At least someone agrees with me, I like how she looks really natural and not like a manufactured bimbo..Especially for you two ;)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/PhotoPass/KateNash0724WEB.jpg

Lilly's version is better.:eek:
No, it isn't.

That's disillusioned youth for you :p

Jacob x5
09-09-07, 10:10
I only know one cover that was better than the original, and that's a cover of 'I Will Survive'.

Beanz
09-09-07, 10:59
I only know one cover that was better than the original, and that's a cover of 'I Will Survive'.

And bowling for soup's london bridge cover :D

XXbgSMT-0j4

ben_the_joka
09-09-07, 12:15
Wearing those earrings doesn't mean she is a chav though, as her overall look is far from chavvy. And Lily doesn't speak like a chav.

Erm yeah she does mate, and she acts like one too...

i still like lilly though, but kate nash is so not a rip-off,

i dont see how anyone "talking" (cos lets face it, neither of them actually sing) can be trademarked...

danitiwa
09-09-07, 12:26
Never heard of her.

walk_man
09-09-07, 12:36
Kate Nash is a rip off of Lily Allen.

Lily Allen is a rip off of...

...and so on. Everyone rips off everyone. Its life.

Mad Tony
09-09-07, 13:19
...and so on. Everyone rips off everyone. Its life.
No they don't. There are a lot of original artists out there (not saying Lily Allen is original, but there are a lot of original artists).

Bonez
09-09-07, 13:26
I agree with MT, there are alot of original artists out there. I consider Lily to be original, I think it was a new sort of sound when she first came out. Different.. it took me a while to realise I liked it lol.

Jacob x5
09-09-07, 13:43
No they don't. There are a lot of original artists out there (not saying Lily Allen is original, but there are a lot of original artists).

Original artists are becoming less frequent these days as there are less and less things that haven't been done and more and more people to copy.

03gills
16-09-07, 22:00
At least someone agrees with me, I like how she looks really natural and not like a manufactured bimbo

So i'm not the only one who secretly fancies her then :D
i wasn't sure on her voice at first but it grew on me and now i really like it, really like her new song aswell

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/PhotoPass/KateNash0724WEB.jpg:gki: .she is gourgeous. BTW i'm a newbie here L.C any more photos?

viper456
16-09-07, 22:07

lol that was my favourite too! I also like "****head" it was truthful and funny!

L.C
17-09-07, 10:18
BTW i'm a newbie here L.C any more photos?All you have to do is ask :)

And welcome to the forums, 03gills :wve:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/PhotoPass/KateNash0712WEB.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/PhotoPass/KateNash0715WEB.jpg

Joe_16
17-09-07, 10:22
Yep, she looks really nice in those ones.

L.C
17-09-07, 10:26
Yep, she looks really nice in those ones.I'll take that as a personal compliment, then.

Of course, Kate did her bit :D

Joe_16
17-09-07, 11:56
They were a very good selection, yes. Although I must say there are better ones if you search on google.

L.C
17-09-07, 12:24
These weren't searched, though. These are my own ;)

Mad Tony
17-09-07, 15:36
Heard her trashy chavvy song AGAIN on the radio this morning. :mad:
How can anyone like her? :p

Hybrid Soldier
17-09-07, 15:37
LOL. We listened to her in class last week! XD No joke. It was for Psych/Socio/Anthro class. All i have to say is shes an angry person. :p

Twiin
17-09-07, 16:53
Well, those of you who are slating Kate Nash, I'm guessing you're basing your opinions on Foundations alone? Have you listened to Made of Bricks?
Sure there are some bum notes such as Play and Dickhead, but I find her music catchy. Sure, the lyrics are quite simple, but I've found that it's the most fun to sing along with friends to!
My favourites on the album: **** Song, Pumpkin Soup and We Get On
Those of you claiming that Kate Nash is untalented are unfounded in your claims. You can dislike her music, but you can't mistake her talent.

Mad Tony
17-09-07, 17:01
you can't mistake her talent.Whether someone has got talent is a matter of opinion.

Legend 4ever
17-09-07, 18:46
Whether someone has got talent is a matter of opinion.

Ha, ha. Funny. Then every non talented kid could go to music school.

Mad Tony
17-09-07, 18:54
Ha, ha. Funny. Then every non talented kid could go to music school.Wasn't supposed to be funny.

But someone having talent is a matter of opinion. It's not fact.

L.C
17-09-07, 19:02
Well, those of you who are slating Kate Nash, I'm guessing you're basing your opinions on Foundations alone? Have you listened to Made of Bricks?
Sure there are some bum notes such as Play and Dickhead, but I find her music catchy. Sure, the lyrics are quite simple, but I've found that it's the most fun to sing along with friends to!
My favourites on the album: **** Song, Pumpkin Soup and We Get On
Those of you claiming that Kate Nash is untalented are unfounded in your claims. You can dislike her music, but you can't mistake her talent.Good post, however it's falling on deaf ears (no pun intended). The whole premise of this thread was to criticise her, without any real foundations to their argument (again, not intended), even though the original poster failed to add the words hate, bash, etc to the title, hence people coming on here that actually like her come under attack for doing so. I mean, the thread was dead for a week until a Kate fan came on to admire her looks, then we get a post like this again...Heard her trashy chavvy song AGAIN on the radio this morning. :mad:
How can anyone like her? :p

:rolleyes:

Legend 4ever
17-09-07, 19:03
Wasn't supposed to be funny.

But someone having talent is a matter of opinion. It's not fact.

You are just stubborn.

It is a fact because there are people who can't sing well, can't play an instrument, can't make the difference in different melodies and those are not talented.

Mad Tony
17-09-07, 19:05
:rolleyes:
What's wrong? Just expressing my opinion.
You are just stubborn.

It is a fact because there are people who can't sing well, can't play an instrument, can't make the difference in different melodies and those are not talented.I'm hardly stubborn. As I keep on saying. Whether someone has got talent is an opinion.

Lavinder
17-09-07, 19:05
Does anyone else really like this song ? She's really good live too it seems :o

jc-99ZA6wsg

jjbennett
17-09-07, 19:08
My opinion is that she cannot sing at all, thats just me though, i don't really like any songs that don't seem to convey meaning or that the performer feels and agrees what there singing/playing (hence i like blues)

L.C
17-09-07, 19:09
What's wrong? Just expressing my opinion.Nothing wrong with opinions, but in context, there was some appreciation going on, and since it was clear from your earlier posts how you felt, was it really necessary to say it again?

I personally would have just let it lie, and let the fans get on with it.

Just my opinion ;)

Mad Tony
17-09-07, 19:10
Nothing wrong with opinions, but in context, there was some appreciation going on, and since it was clear from your earlier posts how you felt, was it really necessary to say it again?

I personally would have just let it lie, and let the fans get on with it.

Just my opinion ;)Fair enough. :)

But I did ask a genuine and serious question. (though it may not have appeared that way, which is my fault)

Jacob x5
17-09-07, 19:18
The lyrics are too explicit, as in they're just straight forward; there's no layers to them at all.

Lavinder
17-09-07, 19:31
The lyrics are too explicit, as in they're just straight forward; there's no layers to them at all.

It depends on what song you choose to listen to on the album. Yeah, some of the lyrics are pretty blunt, but others you can interpret however you like and can have double entendre etc.

03gills
23-09-07, 19:37
Cheers for the photos L.C!!! Unfortunatley spitting bile about people you've never actually met is actually quite a regular occurance on many internet forums.:(. Threads where good debates turn into slanging matches that've dragged out months, sometimes even a couple of years happen quite a lot on forums. Try not to let that happen here.

BTW, despite what some other people on this forum think, I still think she's fit:hug: BTW

L.C
25-09-07, 10:20
My pleasure :D

Nannonxyay
25-09-07, 11:45
Her song Foundations is slowly growing on me...but you have to admit, her songs sound all the same. And she doesn't really sing, she more speaks to the beat like the band: The Streets.

remote91
25-09-07, 12:15
The only song of hers I like is Mariella, its really nice :D

Encore
25-09-07, 14:36
I find her extremely annoying. :o And she always ruins my late night MTV2 marathons.

petujaymz
25-09-07, 16:10
'ang on... :confused:

I thought Corinne Bailey Ray was the next best thing since Joss Stone.

I thought KT Tunstall was the next best thing since Lily Allen.

Are you telling me that Kate Nash is the next best thing?

None of them will be around in two years time.

Heard anything from Joss Stone lately?

I haven't... she's probably working in ASDA again.

:wve:

findme
25-09-07, 17:19

:vlol::vlol::vlol:

Dont like her purple hair at all I have to say.

ThomasCroft
25-09-07, 17:25
Aww no I love Kate Nash she simply MUST be around in two years' time!!

Bonez
25-09-07, 19:31

Well, shes released her 3rd album. So I don't think shes disapeared. :p Fantastic voice.

And Lily Allen is working on her 2nd album. And KT Tunstalls new album is fantastic :D

Beanz
25-09-07, 20:38
SHE MUST DIE!!!! :mis:

Eep! :pi:

Bonez
25-09-07, 20:42
SHE MUST DIE!!!! :mis:

Eep! :pi:

A bit too far.

Beanz
25-09-07, 20:43
^^ We can drown her in mouthwash :D

^erm... I mean, Yeah, just a bit :pi:

Joe_16
25-09-07, 20:43
I would quite happily marry Kate Nash.

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-09-07, 20:44
She is very very very very annoying.

RAID
25-09-07, 20:48
I don't even know her...

Nannonxyay
26-09-07, 10:51
'ang on... :confused:

I thought Corinne Bailey Ray was the next best thing since Joss Stone.

I thought KT Tunstall was the next best thing since Lily Allen.

Are you telling me that Kate Nash is the next best thing?

None of them will be around in two years time.

WHAT?! Kt Tunstall is an amazing singer, how dare you bash her?! :mad:

Lenochka
26-09-07, 11:02
Never heard of her... but now that i give her song "Foundations" a listen... all i have to say is ew. I don't like the music or her vocals... And its rare that i dislike both music and vocals equally :S