PDA

View Full Version : Im Worried - Indiana Jones 4 and Rambo 4

daventry
09-09-07, 14:09
I just watched the Trailers for Rambo 4 and Stallone looks like a 70 Year Old Man still fighting a War, especially his Face that looks Fat and bloated.

He doesent look good, he looks like a warned out Geaser on Steroids. :o

Warning! video contains extreme Rambo style gore/blood/etc!
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rambo+4

The Movie looks Violent too and not like the other 3 Rambo Movies, especially where he shot a Guy in a Jeep litterly to pieces.

What if Harrison Ford will look like that, it wont be the same old 1980's Action Guys.

I just hope the Movies will be Great and i think the Actors should have better Makeup or they could Computerize their Faces.

ThomasCroft
09-09-07, 14:32
Yeah, I don't think this one's going to work.

Alive_and_Funky
09-09-07, 17:51
I've not seen any of the Rambo movies, but judging from how well Stallone wrapped up the Rocky saga, I'm expecting John Rambo to be an enjoyable movie.

Izzie404
09-09-07, 18:16
I think we should try to keep this thread in the Mature section given the Violent content in the trailers. :o

PARANOIA
09-09-07, 19:01
I think we should try to keep this thread in the Mature section given the Violent content in the trailers. :o

Or you could uh, you know, edit the post to say "Warning: Violent content in trailers".

Izzie404
09-09-07, 20:46
Or you could uh, you know, edit the post to say "Warning: Violent content in trailers".

That doesn't mean:
1) It will stop younger people from watching it
2) Everyone would see the warning

Angelus
09-09-07, 20:49
They could change the title of the thread to *CAUTION - Violent content in trailers*.

:)

jarhead
09-09-07, 20:54
Smack a warning on the thread. People can then watch it if they want too, and people who comment on the violence would have been warned. anyway I think they're a bit too old, especially in Rambo. However Indiana Jones would be good if perhaps his child was the raider and he was the knowledge side of things

Dakaruch
09-09-07, 21:10
WTF??? another Rambo? just someone shoot Silvester Stalone and kill him!!!
i'm sick of him man... it's Rocky, now it's Rambo! what's next?
Rocky vs Rambo?

BlackGrey
09-09-07, 21:33
It's got to the point where the movies have become so bad, that they have to back to the old one's when they were good :(

Apofiss
09-09-07, 21:39
*cough* Rambo, he's in a fine shape for sure!

trXD
09-09-07, 22:24

Because after this all the kids want to go and set bombs

seriously society is such an idiot

Indiana Croft
10-09-07, 01:09
Indiana Jones 4 is going to be a bigger disaster than Hurrican Katrina. Some things she be left alone (ahem, Superman movies)

PARANOIA
10-09-07, 01:10
Indiana Jones 4 is going to be a bigger disaster than Hurrican Katrina

:eek:

Are you sure? That takes some doing.

BtoFu
10-09-07, 01:20
Indiana Jones 4 is going to be a bigger disaster than Hurrican Katrina. Some things she be left alone (ahem, Superman movies)

Considering how long it's taken to formulate a script the three big guns are happy with, I must say I'm quite looking forward to the new film. It will never be Raiders part 2, the whole filmic landscape has altered so drastically since then that a rehash is pretty much out of the question. In the era of sequels and remakes I've been keen to avoid plenty, but two franchise re-ups that have managed to at least seem worthwhile have been Die Hard 4.0 and Rocky Balboa. The Indi movies make up my favourite trilogy but that doesn't mean I'm deluding myself here with blind faith...thus far all snippets of information sound promising in my book.

bloodstormaoa
10-09-07, 01:23
Considering how long it's taken to formulate a script the three big guns are happy with, I must say I'm quite looking forward to the new film. It will never be Raiders part 2, the whole filmic landscape has altered so drastically since then that a rehash is pretty much out of the question. In the era of sequels and remakes I've been keen to avoid plenty, but two franchise re-ups that have managed to at least seem worthwhile have been Die Hard 4.0 and Rocky Balboa. The Indi movies make up my favourite trilogy but that doesn't mean I'm deluding myself here with blind faith...thus far all snippets of information sound promising in my book.

Agreed :tmb:

Rambo 4 however, is quite a different story :whi:

Mr.Burns
10-09-07, 01:40
I am confident that the storyline for IJ4 will work well given Harrison's age.

oocladableeblah
10-09-07, 02:42
Did anyone else know that the guy from transformers and disturbia is in the new indiana jones.

Admles
10-09-07, 04:42
Its funny seeing a Rambo 4 come out (saw the trailer months ago, its gory), when in the original Rambo novel First Blood, which the first movie was based on, Rambo is killed at the end by his friend the Colonel. Rambo just can't function in normal society, so the Colonel has to put him out of his misery.

They changed the ending for the movie so they could make more movies. I reckon it would have been perfect if they left it like the book.

troy tr
10-09-07, 04:53
Oh come on. Die Hard 4 isn't that bad, so Indy can do good too. ;)

edit: Never cared for rambo though :/

bloodstormaoa
10-09-07, 16:22
Did anyone else know that the guy from transformers and disturbia is in the new indiana jones.

Yep, I just can't take Shia LeBeouf(?) seriously.

He'll always be the kid from Even Stevens to me:D

-DEBUG
10-09-07, 16:37
Certainly looks to be bloody... and the music is from Land of the Dead!

krycekuva
14-02-08, 13:25
disturbing,. rambo looks like a air doll,...:(:...

well and indiana jones looks to be quite funny,.. i just hate the idea that this guys let the chance die,.. instead of having more indiana jones while there was still time they have waited so much time,... now we wil get what may be really the last indiana jones ever,.. unless shia retake his fathers role for future ones,.. in that case i doubt it goes better than the joung indiana jones series

daventry
14-02-08, 13:47
disturbing,. rambo looks like a air doll,...:(:...

well and indiana jones looks to be quite funny,.. i just hate the idea that this guys let the chance die,.. instead of having more indiana jones while there was still time they have waited so much time,... now we wil get what may be really the last indiana jones ever,.. unless shia retake his fathers role for future ones,.. in that case i doubt it goes better than the joung indiana jones seriesIm sorry, Indy has a Son. Who'se the Mother. :eek:

Agent 47
14-02-08, 13:58
before the "ageist invaders" take over this thread.....

Stallone knows his career is drawing to a close,due to age.has anyone thought he simply wants to end it with the franchises that made him?

as already said he gave Rocky a good send off,now it's Rambo's turn.........probably Stallone's last movie infront of a camera.

as for Harrison Ford.....he looks fine in Indy 4, only he can play the character on the big screen :D probably his final adventure as the character too :(

what i want to know is, whatever happened to "Mad" Max Rockatansky??? he needs a final chapter too......come on Gibson,get it made :mad:

krycekuva
14-02-08, 14:16
looks like the mother is the girl from indiana jones: the raiders of the lost ark,.. marion is her name...

myrmaad
14-02-08, 14:38
before the "ageist invaders" take over this thread.....

Stallone knows his career is drawing to a close,due to age.has anyone thought he simply wants to end it with the franchises that made him?

as already said he gave Rocky a good send off,now it's Rambo's turn.........probably Stallone's last movie infront of a camera.

as for Harrison Ford.....he looks fine in Indy 4, only he can play the character on the big screen :D probably his final adventure as the character too :(

what i want to know is, whatever happened to "Mad" Max Rockatansky??? he needs a final chapter too......come on Gibson,get it made :mad:

:tmb: Totally in Agreement!

You have to admit Rambo don't look too bad for his age :D
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/otherstuff/john_rambo_3.jpg

MikeAC
14-02-08, 14:55
It's movies like these that show Hollywood is out of ideas. Why are they releasing sequels to movies that came out decades ago? To close the series? Wasn't that the point of the last one that made before they decided to revisit it? It's nothing more than a cash-in attempt, using people's nostalgia with a cliche ridden "I'm too old for this ****/passing on the torch" scenario ala Rocky Balboa. Given how much garbage gets released these days, it's not surprising they've resorted to this.

Angelus
14-02-08, 15:21
:tmb: Totally in Agreement!

You have to admit Rambo don't look too bad for his age :D
[IMG]

No, he looks angry about his age instead. :p

krycekuva
14-02-08, 15:31
i always liked sequels... specially when they are greatly done,.. for exsample alien,.. but then the forth came with great looking alines and terribly story,.. not to mention AVP...

looks like IJ is coming with a great storyline (spielberg mention that this is the greatest of all the stories...) and retaking us to old known scenarios, while jumping to very new ones...

myrmaad
14-02-08, 15:49
No, he looks angry about his age instead. :p

I'd rather be his age than yours.

ben_the_joka
14-02-08, 16:00
That doesn't mean:
1) It will stop younger people from watching it
2) Everyone would see the warning

well young people can go on youtube and watch it...

and if people read the post then they would see the warning.

Rivendell
14-02-08, 16:02
"Live for nothing..Die for.... something..."

That line nearly made me wet my pants it sounded so pathetic, like he'd trailed off and forgotten what he was going to say. :vlol:

krycekuva
14-02-08, 23:04
i have always found rocky and rambo a bit keech,.. not to mention every single of arnolds dialogues,... shame... hope they use just robots for terminator 4..:D... when is it coming by the way?...

what about jurassic park 4? any news???

silver_wolf
14-02-08, 23:23
To the original poster: you have nothing to worry about. The new Indy movie will slaughter Rambo. Just watch the trailer and you can see that Harrison Ford is actually in good shape.

oocladableeblah
15-02-08, 00:00
Wow this thread is old. Stallone looked good for being how old he is. I'm sure this new movie will be good.

daventry
11-04-08, 12:50
Rambo 4 Sucks, i do not recommend this Movie at all and i give this Movie a 0/10.

Its crude, disgusting, the worst Violent Blood and Gore Movie ever.

They take 12 Year old Children and shoot them close up dead and throw live Children into a burning building.

They shoot and blow up People into pieces litterly, they cut them in pieces and make them run through mine fields for sport.

Its an absolute Slaughter House Movie.

Sylvester is a tired old buffed up boring dude with no less then 30 Spoken Lines in the Movie that goes to War witch gives him one last meaning in life.

This entire Movie is boring and tiresome, i couldent wait for it to finish.

They bring in a British Rambo wannabe Soldier guy who talks big and swears allot by saying the F word like his trying to run the show so to speak, i was like sitting there waiting for Rambo/Sylvester to just Kung Fu his Butt or something, they didnt even menchion who or what Rambo was back in the real War days, he was just referd as the stupid Boatman.

Of all the 3 Rambo Movies, this is the absolute worts sick to the stomach Movie i have ever seen.

Indiana Jones 4 better step up to his name, or Harrison Ford can quite being in Movies right now.

thanatos
11-04-08, 12:52
To the original poster: you have nothing to worry about. The new Indy movie will slaughter Rambo. Just watch the trailer and you can see that Harrison Ford is actually in good shape.

You must be mad if you think Harrison Ford is in better shape than Sly!! I do hope Indy 4 is better than Rambo though

Lara Croft!
11-04-08, 13:03
John Rambo, was a relatively pleasant movie. It had more splatter that one would expect for such a movie. Stalone is like a monster though... He can't speak clearly...

I haven't seen any IJ yet, but I am going to.

Survival
11-04-08, 13:08

(Since I consider whole Rambo franchise as a boring mess Im in no way defending this boring piece of crap)

Chocolate
11-04-08, 15:42

They take 12 Year old Children and shoot them close up dead and throw live Children into a burning building.

They shoot and blow up People into pieces litterly, they cut them in pieces and make them run through mine fields for sport.

Its an absolute Slaughter House Movie.
I happen to come from Burma, and the things described about the film actually happen in real life. Disgusting as it is, that's all what happens in the real world. I've never seen Rambo myself, but in a way I'm glad that Sly has at least decided to bring in awareness of what's happening in one part of our country at the moment. Don't get me wrong - Burma's actually quite a peaceful and pleasant place, but the Government and Military is all messed up.

I don't know about the rest of the film, but I've heard from others that it's a good film. And actually, I look forward to watching Indiana Jones 4. Actually, I think Harrison looks great.

Encore
11-04-08, 23:51
^Yeah I haven't seen Rambo 4 (not my style) but I like it when mainstream movies touch sensitive subjects, it's like that movie Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis, it's crappy, but at least it deals with somehting important.

I seen the Indy trailer and I think Harrison looks great! :) He's suposed to look older, so that's ok with me, but he's really full of the same energy we got used to.

Chiki Mina
12-04-08, 00:11
I'm sorry to sound extremely rude about this but what is the :cen: problem with his age?! Is anyone here a doctor? Does anyone here knows if he has a heart condition, high blood preassure or that he is not physically fit to do this movie, hmm?! *taps foot*

I saw the trailer countless times, he looks amazing and so ready to kick ass:) I am not worried about this movie, Harrison's age - or anyone's age. I know it's going to be amazing because we are dealing with one of the greatest directors, writers, and actors :D Not to mention, one of the greatest characters ever made *whip* *whip*

I simply cannot wait :tmb: