PDA

View Full Version : Pimples/spots

remote91
10-09-07, 17:04
recently I have been having alot of trouble with these :( despite how much face wash Or products I have used in the past its a recurring problem! Does anybody else have this problem?! I find it to be so deeply embarassing :( I have been to the doctor but the cream he gave me didnt work. Anyone have any mircale cures?

Marija_Croft
10-09-07, 17:05
How old are you ?

remote91
10-09-07, 17:06
16 and a half. None of my friends have the same problem though!

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:07
It's hormones, and you can't stop them. I suggest just washing your face every morning and evening with hot water, then applying anti pimple gel and skin softener, I know it sounds crazy but softener helps me with pimples! Then there's scrubs etc.

And even if you're a boy and feel embarrassed about your pimples (which I think is better than walking around with a spotty face. (eugh.)) You should use cover up, find your skin tone and use it. I know lots of guys that use it.

MiCkiZ88
10-09-07, 17:08
How often do you wash your face?

I started drinking lots of water (thanks to the tips given here) and my skin is alot more smoother & less greasy. Plus I wash my face twice a day (after waking up, when going to bed & also during shower). Using moisturisers is a bad idea. That only blocks your skin from breathing properly & causes more spots. Or atleast that I've been told and experiensed.

Minty Mouth
10-09-07, 17:10
It's hormones, and you can't stop them. I suggest just washing your face every morning and evening with hot water, then applying anti pimple gel and skin softener, I know it sounds crazy but softener helps me with pimples! Then there's scrubs etc.

And even if you're a boy and feel embarrassed about your pimples (which I think is better than walking around with a spotty face. (eugh.)) You should use cover up, find your skin tone and use it. I know lots of guys that use it.

This is right. Most teenagers will get this, including me to an extent. I find Clearasil Ultra face wipes help me alot, I only get the odd spot around my nose and chin now. If you havent already you should try them.

Marija_Croft
10-09-07, 17:11
Just like Dani said; it's the hormones. That's normal, but remember this; don't ever touch your face with dirty hands, then it will get worse ! And I suggest you listen Dani's and Micki's advice. ;) I have pimples too, and I'm only 12.

danitiwa
How often do you wash your face?

Ditto, the most important thing when you're a teen is to be hygenic, then you have a 70% less chance of pimples/blackheads. Just wash your face (and shower) a lot.

Joe_16
You'll do well to prevent them at that age.

remote91
10-09-07, 17:15
You'll do well to prevent them at that age.

lol true. Well I was twice a day using a spot preventing face wash and then I later apply a gel and mosituriser. Do you think I'm over doing it? I've also been drinking water for the past 3 months and that has helped alot.

Marija_Croft
10-09-07, 17:17
lol true. Well I was twice a day using a spot preventing face wash and then I later apply a gel and mosituriser. Do you think I'm over doing it? I've also been drinking water for the past 3 months and that has helped alot.

You're not overreacting, if it helps your face then it's ok. ;)

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:19

Of course not, but the thing you're doing wrong is not opening those pores before you start with the chemicals! First you need to spread them by rubbing some hot water over your face with a sponge. THEN you use the other things, so they can really have a strong effect.

And It's important to worry about these things at adolescent age; if you don't scars are left on your face forever. :wve:

Joe_16
10-09-07, 17:19

I suppose they bother people more than others. I'm kind of a bit too lazy to use loads of products washing my face all the time. I just stuck to washing twice daily and they dissapeared eventually. Water will help though, definately.

Lavinder
10-09-07, 17:22

If you do not have dry skin never moisturise your face, your skin creates it's own oils which will just get blocked pores behind the moisturiser ;) Keep your fingers off your face, and wash it with an oil free spot preventing face wash - if you go to the doctors they will prescribe you with a suitable spot cream if your skin is that bad.

remote91
10-09-07, 17:22
thanks for all the info guys, I really dont know what I'd do without these forums sometimes! I think I'm gonna do what dani said and also stick to the face wash, I dont want to irritate my skin and make the problem worse

Ladyknowles
10-09-07, 17:23
Have you tried a witch stick?
The blue ones?
They are pretty good :)
You just have to catch em before they really start to show, and it works!

Joe_16
10-09-07, 17:24
Spots can really get you down though if you get enough of them.

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:24
If you do not have dry skin never moisturise your face, your skin creates it's own oils which will just get blocked pores behind the moisturiser ;) Keep your fingers off your face, and wash it with an oil free spot preventing face wash - if you go to the doctors they will prescribe you with a suitable spot cream if your skin is that bad.
:D Told you, moisturizer helps! :pi:

trXD
10-09-07, 17:27
I used to have the same problem a few months ago but it stopped pretty quickly.lol im only 12

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:28
I used to have the same problem a few months ago but it stopped pretty quickly.lol im only 12

Ooh, Be warned: It gets yay worse in a few years. :pi:

remote91
10-09-07, 17:40
Ooh, Be warned: It gets yay worse in a few years. :pi:

very true :vlol: I just rubbed my face with a sponge soaked with hot water then used face wash, I feel better and my skin looks less irritated without all the other products on it, less red lol.

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:41
very true :lol: I just rubbed my face with a sponge soaked with hot water then used face wash, I feel better and my skin looks less irritated without all the other products on it, less red lol.

;) Glad I helped.

remote91
10-09-07, 17:44
;) Glad I helped.

:D

Greenkey2
10-09-07, 17:49
The hot towel/sponge to open your pores just before a wash is a really great technique :tmb: Depending on your skin type (dry, oily, dry and oily (combination) or normal (man, how many people come under the 'normal' category?! http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/indifferent0025.gif)), you need to work out a regime that suits you.

Example: I have combination skin - dry in some places, a little oily in others. To tackle both, I use a damp, heated towel and then wash with a slightly exfoliating scrub. Witch hazel (especially those Witch Sticks someone mentioned a few posts back), is great for going over problem areas (i.e. round nose and eyebrows) to hit spots before they get out of control.

Once dried off, I use a light moisturiser.

I just rubbed my face with a sponge soaked with hot water then used face wash, I feel better and my skin looks less irritated without all the other products on it, less red lol.

:tmb:

Achilles_DS
10-09-07, 18:06
zirh has an awesome line of cleansers and and stuff.

Anubis_AF
10-09-07, 18:46
Clean & Clear helps prevent their reappearance. Try it. (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Clean+%26+Clear&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2)

Lara Croft!
10-09-07, 19:00
The best thing is to go to a dermatologist (A doctor who deals with skin condition). And if u have already visited a doctor then go to another!
There are no miracles or spells about spots as every skin and the "inner" self of each and every person is different. Which means that the cream that did miracles to your friend for example won't necessarily do it for u.
Go to a doctor or two if necessary. And ask them to advise you which pharmaceutical make-up products u can buy. In that way u can cover your spots and treat them at the same time.
The only thing u can do to ameliorate the situation is to lead a healthy life (lots of fruits and vegetables) and stay away from fried food and lots of sugar (especially chocolate or choco-related products). Don't forget to wash your face with the recommended from your doctor product at least twice a day. Buy a water refreshner, that will rid all the sweat and dirt your face can have when u are outdoors for many hours. I prefer Evian or Avene which have therapeutic effects http://www.infobebes.com/minisite/upload/parents_testeurs/200/10000/8568.jpghttp://www.linternaute.com/imprimer/femmes/famille/0609-valise-maternite/images/9evian.jpg

Shadowguard420
11-09-07, 05:52
Or you can do what every other poor human being dose and just let it run your course and treat your body right, and you'll be fine.

You know Ive been reading this for a while and only one thing has really occurred to me.
Yall are all really clean people and devote alot of your time to trying to cover up something that would just go away if you didnt care about it.
But thats just my opinion.

Zac Medley
11-09-07, 07:41
Yall are all really clean people and devote alot of your time to trying to cover up something that would just go away if you didnt care about it.
But thats just my opinion.

Oh sure, it'll go away by itself - or when the undertaker uses polyfilla and spray paint to make you look good in a casket.

Don't worry, they'll clear up by the time you're about, say, 40.

But seriously, wash your face with a washcloth OFTEN. You could buy the most expensive anti-pimple product in the world but if you only wash your face when you get up and when you go to bed it won't do any good. A washcloth helps remove the build up of dead skin and grease.

I have to wash my face about 4 times a day and I'm 38 (I know you really wanted to hear that).

Soma Holiday
11-09-07, 07:41
I used to use a soup called "Pan-Oxle" that worked by drying your skin out to the point that it peels...so you can either have pimples on your face, or dry, painful dead skin lol. You can also get this effect with powerful astringants. I used to use *embarrassed face* Bikini-Zone, which is a shave gel for Bikini-Areas, but its the same idea, and is quite strong...this is more for specific areas though.

A lot of my friends swear by "Pro-Active," though I have never used it.

Zac Medley
11-09-07, 07:58
I used to use a soup called "Pan-Oxle" that worked by drying your skin out to the point that it peels...

That's the "exfoliant," technique. There are some prescription anti-acne treatments that do that but I can't remember the generic name of them.

Retinoids, that was it:

Topical Retinoids
Prescribed to treat acne ranging from mild to moderately severe, topical retinoids are a derivative of vitamin A and considered a cornerstone in acne treatment. Retinoids work to unclog pores and prevent whiteheads and blackheads from forming. Topical retinoids can irritate the skin and increase sun sensitivity so it is important to use sun protection and follow the dermatologist’s directions to maximize effectiveness. An added benefit in using topical retinoids is that they may help diminish the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.

This is a pretty good website (http://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/treatment.html) that is not just a bunch of advertising.

SoulReaver74
11-09-07, 08:19
I remember having the same problem at your age, and trust me i used every product available, stress doesn't help, and fatty food is a no no, but i see you've been drinking lot's of water, this is one of the best forms of prevention, also try eating lots of fresh fruit's and vegtable's, and this should go a long way to beating those spots.

L.C
11-09-07, 09:24
Although some have mentioned it, don't rub your face, with either a cloth or your hands. Hard rubbing spreads the irritation, and can make clearing up the acne a longer process. Instead, try and be as gentle as possible, working on little areas at a time.

It's not only your age, but hormones from food that causes more of us to get spots even though we may be pre-teen or well beyond the age of consent. So just be aware of what you eat as well ;)

Andariel
11-09-07, 09:52
acne scars are the worst. that is all. :(

BtoFu
11-09-07, 10:16
The best thing is to go to a dermatologist (A doctor who deals with skin condition). And if u have already visited a doctor then go to another!

I'll second this. You're dealing with a multi-million dollar industry with solutions promised in a few face scrubs and lotions - any good Doctor will tell you they don't do ****. I went on a fairly long course of Roaccutane when I was about 19 to help clear up the mess on my shoulders. It's a very potent treatment in capsule form which dries out the skin and fizzles the problem out in time. You'll get dry lips to go with it as well as the ocassional nosebleed but the trade off is worth it.

Valixia
11-09-07, 10:39
I went to the doctor when I had really bad acne a few years ago :0 Nothing else was working for me, so the doctor gave me some antibiotics which I had to take for a few months. It cost like over 100 just for one month's supply o_O So my parents ended up spending about 600 all together.

You should definately try to stay away from junk food for a while. I've been getting a couple of spots again recently, and eating healthily makes them fade much, much quicker. :p And not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but using your own clean towel to dry your face after washing it helps a lot too. 8)

But if you don't think anything is working, then just go to the doctor :D

nicola1986
11-09-07, 10:40
I still get them and I'm 20, I got hormone imbalance from having my left ovary taken out at 14 'cos it grew to the size of a football and it's affected my skin, when I get depressed or it's that time of the month, I break out.

I'm going to a dermatologist just because I don't want scarring or anything.

But I will say that the only soap I use is the 27p Evening Primrose Oil soap from Tesco's and it really helps, you don't need really expensive washes, though I like an anti-bacterial wash sometimes too. I also use PanOxyl benzoyl peroxide cream which is great and now I hardly get any :)

It's your pores getting blocked by hardened skin oils and dead skin cells that causes them, though if you use an exfoliant don't use it daily and never scrub your skin, it'll only exacerbate the problem and can even stimulate your oil glands and make your skin even greasier.

george_croft
11-09-07, 10:52
Anyone have any mircale cures?

There's no "miracle" cures for acne/pimples.

What happens to your face when you get acne is:

1. The skin dries.
2. When the skin tries to re-moisture itself your hormones mess up the natural process, causing large "pimples" filled with the fat that's supposed to moisture you skin.

I strongly recommend you use Clearasil face-wash (To clean your face), cleansing wipes (Opens up the pores/pimples), and a light face lotion (moistures your skin, so it won't dry). :wve:

clairelovestlc
11-09-07, 11:09
Make sure you dont over wash your face as it can make spots worse. when you wash your skin, you remove some of the natural oils your skin makes, by removing them then skin works harder to produce more to replace those you keep washing off,which can result in making spots worse :)