PDA

View Full Version : New Indiana Jones Title revealed

Earthcane
10-09-07, 17:06
:D:DDrumroll Please!!:D

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Well, what do you think? Shia LaBoeuff leaked the title during some interview.
Sounds cool, right? Feel free to post your theories and speculations on what the Crystal Skull might be! :jmp:

Rivendell
10-09-07, 17:17
:yah:

I hope it has connection to the real crystal skulls (http://www.rickrichards.com/skull/skull2.jpg)!

I read ages ago there was to be some subtle alien connection, did that rumor have any truth in it?

SoulReaver74
10-09-07, 17:29
Well it ain't setting my pants on fire, maybe it will grow on me, but hey, good to see indy back, been far too long. :D

Dez
10-09-07, 18:04
Sounds like a cool film:)Wonder who Indy will get as a girlfriend this time

Achilles_DS
10-09-07, 18:05
i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about this movie. My expecations are so high that they will most likely not be met - even if the movie is nominated for best picture.

SamReeves
10-09-07, 18:22
I don't care what the title is. I'm just ready for a real movie again!!!

troy tr
10-09-07, 18:50
OMG Indyyy!!! :D :yah::hug: My star is back! Yes!

Earthcane
10-09-07, 18:51
Sounds like a cool film:)Wonder who Indy will get as a girlfriend this time
I heard somewhere that the original love interest, Marion, from Raiders of the Lost Ark, is in it again. Heres some pics:

http://i16.************/6cgmru0.jpg

http://i6.************/624fvc9.jpg

Dez
10-09-07, 19:11
Thanks, Earthcane. Glad it's her she was really funny in the first film:)

Mona Sax
10-09-07, 19:33
She was amesome, I'm totally happy she's back. :tmb:

The title doesn't do much for me, though (reminds me a bit too much of Temple of Doom, which I consider the weakest of the original trilogy).

scion05
10-09-07, 19:36
Indiana Jones and the quest for the golden zimaframe ? :p

peffect
10-09-07, 19:40
Wow! :jmp:

I'm so excited to see Andy cracking his whip, again!

Earthcane
10-09-07, 21:00

The title doesn't do much for me, though (reminds me a bit too much of Temple of Doom, which I consider the weakest of the original trilogy).
I thot Temple of Doom rocked!!

Its just like Empire Strikes Back in Star Wars- its dark, sinister and really gives the characters of the first film a tough time.
I loved the voodoo-lord scene, with the cage, and the vortex, and an evil-Indy!!

I first saw the movie when I was 8 and was terrified when Indy was being force-fed the magic blood stuff thru the shrunken head.
Also, the cart chase thru the lava-tunnels at the end was deadly!!

Rivendell
10-09-07, 21:02
Temple of Doom was always my favourite too.

KAAALLIIIIMAAA :yik:

Mona Sax
10-09-07, 21:03
I thot Temple of Doom rocked!!

Its just like Empire Strikes Back in Star Wars- its dark, sinister and really gives the characters of the first film a tough time.
I loved the voodoo-lord scene, with the cage, and the vortex, and an evil-Indy!!

I first saw the movie when I was 8 and was terrified when Indy was being force-fed the magic blood stuff thru the shrunken head.
Also, the cart chase thru the lava-tunnels at the end was deadly!!
Yeah, it had some intense stuff, but I didn't like the sidekicks, and I couldn't relate to the story as much. The Ark and the Holy Grail were more interesting since I already knew the legends, it somehow felt more real.

bloodstormaoa
10-09-07, 21:10
Yeah, it had some intense stuff, but I didn't like the sidekicks, and I couldn't relate to the story as much. The Ark and the Holy Grail were more interesting since I already knew the legends, it somehow felt more real.

Agreed! TOD was easily the weakest in terms of plot and secondary characters.

Love the new title :tmb:

Earthcane
10-09-07, 21:15
About the title. I read that one of the possible titles was gonna have "Golden City" in it, but they changed it because of the upcoming Hellboy 2, " The Golden Army."

SamReeves
10-09-07, 21:48
I heard somewhere that the original love interest, Marion, from Raiders of the Lost Ark, is in it again. Heres some pics:

http://i16.************/6cgmru0.jpg

http://i6.************/624fvc9.jpg

Wow, she's holding up great. It's so neat when they go through the trouble of keeping all the original actors in the movie.

Mr.Burns
11-09-07, 01:10
Temple of Doom was always my favourite too.

KAAALLIIIIMAAA :yik:Raiders of the Lost Ark. :)

"Asps, very dangerous....You go first." :D

Good title, everyone looks good. :tmb:

Thorir
11-09-07, 01:29
Temple of Doom is my favourite!
I always thought the heart-ripping out was scary when I was a kid. :D

Title is fine, I wonder what the possible movie locations could be...! :)

Necromanser
11-09-07, 10:44
Cant wait to see Indy back in action

nicola1986
11-09-07, 10:46
Looking forward to this, welcome back Indy :wve:

Rivendell
11-09-07, 10:48
Oo-err, what if Indy is now looking for what happened to his mother when he was a little boy? You know, when she touched that Crystal Skull and vanished in a cloud of green energy?

:whi:

Zac Medley
11-09-07, 10:51
Oo-err, what if Indy is now looking for what happened to his mother when he was a little boy? You know, when she touched that Crystal Skull and vanished in a cloud of green energy?

:whi:

You had to say it, didn't you.

nicola1986
11-09-07, 10:54
Oh no, Here come the Legend haters :cln:

troy tr
11-09-07, 11:59
I'm so excited for Indy. And I just love temple of doom it is my favorite! :jmp:

Memorable quotes:

"Holy smokes! Dr. Jones"
"For crying out loud there's a kid driving the car!"
"I hate the water, and I hate being wet! And I hate YOU!"
The forest screaming scene with Willy.
The dinner in the Maharaja Palace (scarab puke, snakes, eye ball soups and monkey brains galore~!:D)

Ah...even though I'm new to the Indy movies...like 2 years ago, but damn he's great! I bought the whole dvd box-set thing!

Lara's Backpack
11-09-07, 12:42
"Snakes. I hate snakes" :D yay.

But boy... he really hasn't aged as well as Clooney...

Von Croy anyone? :p

troy tr
11-09-07, 13:33
What happened to Clooney? :confused:

Rivendell
11-09-07, 14:36
Oh no, Here come the Legend haters :cln:

Feeeel the power of humor ;)

TombRaiderLover
11-09-07, 14:45
I'd probably buy the 1-3 boxset if the second film was uncut in the UK. :rolleyes:

The good news is, the release of a fourth film makes it more likely for a double-dip. :)

nicola1986
11-09-07, 14:48
Feeeel the power of humor ;)

lol :D

troy tr
11-09-07, 18:42
I'd probably buy the 1-3 boxset if the second film was uncut in the UK. :rolleyes:

The good news is, the release of a fourth film makes it more likely for a double-dip. :)
Maybe you should wait for 1-4 boxset.

bloodstormaoa
11-09-07, 18:51

I have the boxset.

I thought it was uncut? No?

TombRaiderLover
11-09-07, 18:54
I have the boxset.

I thought it was uncut? No?

The UK boxset? Temple of Doom has over a minute of violent and bloody footage removed. :(

bloodstormaoa
11-09-07, 18:59
The UK boxset? Temple of Doom has over a minute of violent and bloody footage removed. :(

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/bloodstormaoa/120216m.jpg

This one?

Can you get uncut versions? It's not really that big a deal though is it?

troy tr
11-09-07, 19:03
HUh really,there were cuts? I thought it was already too bloody and gory with that heart groping scene.

TombRaiderLover
11-09-07, 19:11

This one?

The uncut version is available on Region 1 US DVD. ;)

Well, if the BBFC had passed it uncut, it would've been a 15, possibly 18, so I guess the cuts made quite a difference. :eek:

bloodstormaoa
11-09-07, 19:15
The uncut version is available on Region 1 US DVD. ;)

Well, if the BBFC had passed it uncut, it would've been a 15, possibly 18, so I guess the cuts made quite a difference. :eek:

Ah, thankies :D

You should get the box-set anyways....its purty :cln: And the bonus disc is quite interesting.

the hooliganz
14-09-07, 08:55
Cant wait to see Indy back in action

Me Too.....

Sort of the same for me, that title isn't that good.

I don't think Temple of Doom is the weakest, I think it was one of the best

knutroald
16-09-07, 20:33

This one?

I've got that set. Love the bonus disc:D

Inkheart
16-09-07, 20:37
Hmm, isn't Harrison Ford doing this one? Even though he's about a hundred years old? I sometimes think that people should quit while they're ahead. Indiana Jones is already a great trilogy, why ruin it now?

Encore
16-09-07, 20:57
I don't think it can be THAT ruined if it's the same team doing the writing and directing. As for Harisson being much older, there's no problem there, because it's incorporated in the story. Well, Stallone and Bruce Willis had no issues in their comebacks... :o

CAISACO
16-09-07, 21:04
:D:DDrumroll Please!!:D

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Well, what do you think? Shia LaBoeuff leaked the title during some interview.
Sounds cool, right? Feel free to post your theories and speculations on what the Crystal Skull might be! :jmp:

Well, I really love Shia LaBoeuff, very talented actor, from so many movies this year.

I'm not sure what the title is about, I will just wait and see!:p

Encore
16-09-07, 21:13
Well, I really love Shia LaBoeuff, very talented actor, from so many movies this year.

I second that. He's got that over-the-top, brilliant way of acting, I'm expecting great things from this guy. I was so surprised at how much he was involved in his own character in "Transformers", a movie with almost no character development.

Earthcane
16-09-07, 21:32
I second that. He's got that over-the-top, brilliant way of acting, I'm expecting great things from this guy. I was so surprised at how much he was involved in his own character in "Transformers", a movie with almost no character development.

Shia was excellent in Holes, altho the book was a lot better. Havent seen Disturbia yet, cant wait to see it.

Just one point tho- when you pay for a ticket to see a flick like Transformers,
youre not paying for plot or character development. Youre paying to see giant robots beat the living crap outa eachother!

:jmp:

Encore
16-09-07, 21:56
Shia was excellent in Holes, altho the book was a lot better. Havent seen Disturbia yet, cant wait to see it.

Just one point tho- when you pay for a ticket to see a flick like Transformers,
youre not paying for plot or character development. Youre paying to see giant robots beat the living crap outa eachother!

:jmp:

You're right :D I didn't mean to say that as a negative view, I just said it as a fact, Transformers has no character development but Shia acts great anyway. I personally loved the movie because of its visual excellence..

I saw Disturbia, he is awesome as usual, but the movie itself I found too predictable and even boring at times. :(

remote91
16-09-07, 22:19
Oh the film title sounds so good :p cant wait to see it :D

Earthcane
16-09-07, 23:13
You're right :D I didn't mean to say that as a negative view, I just said it as a fact, Transformers has no character development but Shia acts great anyway. I personally loved the movie because of its visual excellence..

I saw Disturbia, he is awesome as usual, but the movie itself I found too predictable and even boring at times. :(
I read a review about Disturbia. Apparently, the first couple of scenes give Shia a chance to present his raw comic talent. ( ie. the scenes when he and his friend are spying on their Ultra-hot new nextdoor neighbour.)

But in the next half of the movie, when the plot takes a grisly twist, Shia really comes into his own when he has to confront the challenges ahed of him. (No spoilers, please!)

Even in his Even Stevens days, Shia was really talented.

Yeah, Transformers rocked my world. Remember the Ironhide V. Brawl scene? The slow-mo one with the rockets? Wow.

http://i7.************/4kvufmc.jpg