PDA

View Full Version : Who is your faviouret lara model?

trXD
10-09-07, 17:14
Rhona mitra:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/trxd/model1.jpg
Nell mcandrew:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/trxd/model2.jpg
Lara weller:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/trxd/model3.jpg
Lucy clarkson:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/trxd/model4.jpg
Jill de jong:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/trxd/model5.jpg
Karima adebibe:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/trxd/model6.jpg

Mine would have to be karima:D

Rivendell
10-09-07, 17:15
Weller and Jill are the best posers! :D

trXD
10-09-07, 17:16

I agree but karima is the best looking:D

Thorir
10-09-07, 17:17
Karima, by far! :)
I´ve met her and she was super nice. :D

Jill has a great and athletic Lara-body, though. :)

MiCkiZ88
10-09-07, 17:17
Rhona Mitra.

Hard to tell as they all look crappy with crappy clothing :p

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:20
Jill, least favorite; Karima. Why? She looks nothing like Lara. Then Lara Weller is a lot like her too.

Rivendell
10-09-07, 17:20
I agree but karima is the best looking:D

For you :ton:
Lucy Clarkson is much more my type out of those pics.

But the best representations of Lara I'd say were my previously stated ones. It's rare that Karima will do many Lara-esque poses. In soo many she's just grinning with her guns in the air. She needs more attitude.

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:22
Ditto Chris, Karima is a bit too griny IMO she's got no bad-assity at all, she's just playing sexy like every other model.

MiCkiZ88
10-09-07, 17:22
She needs more attitude.
Does a poser for a Barbie Girl game need attitude?

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:23

Good point. :vlol:

Reggie
Rhona Mitra and Lucy Clarkson for me :D
If I was pushed, I'd say Rhona wins for having the best overall package.

Rivendell

It's funny, I thought after I posted - she may not be a brilliant Lara Croft model, but I suppose she's good enough for the "Lara Croft" we got in legend.

Greenkey2
10-09-07, 17:25
Weller and Jill, no question. Those girls have the kick-your-ass-while-having-fun attitude that Lara needs :D

trXD
10-09-07, 17:25

Barbie girl game? The woman runs around with pistols killing merceneries and exploring tombs! Even if your exagerating its not very acurate

MiCkiZ88
10-09-07, 17:28
It's funny, I thought after I posted - she may not be a brilliant Lara Croft model, but I suppose she's good enough for the "Lara Croft" we got in legend.
Basically what I was aiming for :)
Barbie girl game? The woman runs around with pistols killing merceneries and exploring tombs! Even if your exagerating its not very acurateJBGmZPjU0Q8

Pictures speak more than words :p

trXD
10-09-07, 17:35
Basically what I was aiming for :)
JBGmZPjU0Q8

Pictures speak more than words :p

That was actually kind of funny but thats just someone adding music to some clips. If thats evidence means its a barbie girl game then so are the rest of the tomb raiders because i can make one out of them

Marija_Croft
10-09-07, 17:36
Rhona Mitra and Jill De Jong for moa. :D

MoonSword
10-09-07, 17:39
My favourites are Karima and Lara W.

danitiwa
10-09-07, 17:43
Barbie girl game? The woman runs around with pistols killing merceneries and exploring tombs! Even if your exagerating its not very acurate
Have you played the oldies? Well, there she doesen't go all *waah* when some one mentions her parents; or show off, she just silently lurks and raids. That's why I like them more.

Mad Tony
10-09-07, 17:46
Have you played the oldies? Well, there she doesen't go all *waah* when some one mentions her parents; or show off, she just silently lurks and raids. That's why I like them more.Dani! :tmb: You speak the truth. :D

Or

The old Lara doesn't stand there sobbing when she kills something.

MiCkiZ88
10-09-07, 17:48
That was actually kind of funny but thats just someone adding music to some clips. If thats evidence means its a barbie girl game then so are the rest of the tomb raiders because i can make one out of themThat someone is me. And I was making fun of Lara cause she acts like a bimbo in Legend.

Anyways. Karima definately isn't the best poser IMHO. I prefer Jill or Rhona or someone else. They all look crappy IMO though.

And I doubt you can do that out of the classic games. She doesn't do poses or whimper about something in those games.

Anajrob
10-09-07, 17:52
Rhona Mitra.

Hard to tell as they all look crappy with crappy clothing :p

:vlol: Yeah.

Totally agreed. :vlol:

Hey, MiCki - Your back to your old avatar ^_^

Betal
10-09-07, 17:53
Have you played the oldies? Well, there she doesen't go all *waah* when some one mentions her parents; or show off, she just silently lurks and raids. That's why I like them more.

If core had the technology Crystal have. Then it would probably be more like Legend.

And people say Legend isn't Tomb Raider. -well she raid tombs and that makes it tomb raider.

And about barbie raider. I can't see any similiars (is that right word? xD)

http://home.hetnet.nl/~zicco/barbie/barbie-refresh-5000295.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/pattelalle/screen21.jpg

That someone is me. And I was making fun of Lara cause she acts like a bimbo in Legend.

Anyways. Karima definately isn't the best poser IMHO. I prefer Jill or Rhona or someone else. They all look crappy IMO though.

And I doubt you can do that out of the classic games. She doesn't do poses or whimper about something in those games.

So someone who cares about her parents are a bimbo? She never acts like a bimbo...

kill bill
10-09-07, 17:55
Karima and Lucy

Mad Tony
10-09-07, 17:55
If core had the technology Crystal have. Then it would probably be more like Legend.
Actually, no it wouldn't. Technology has nothing to do with Lara's personality.

Reggie
10-09-07, 17:56
All I'll say is this:
There MUST be a reason why Barbie comes to mind to a lot of people whilst the older Lara doesn't evoke that that image.

Anajrob
10-09-07, 17:56
@Betal - nice pics :p I think they call it that way because it was an easy game with many unlockable outfits. :p

Mad Tony
10-09-07, 17:57
All I'll say is this:
There MUST be a reason why Barbie comes to mind to a lot of people whilst the older Lara doesn't evoke that that image.Mainly because of the how Tomb Raider seems to be about unlocking new outfits just as much as it is playing the game these days.

Betal
10-09-07, 17:58
Actually, no it wouldn't. Technology has nothing to do with Lara's personality.

The only thing they changed on Lara is her feelings. All humans have feelings. And if people doesn't have any feelings for their parents (not in love feeling of course xD) then I feel sorry for them...

Mainly because of the how Tomb Raider seems to be about unlocking new outfits just as much as it is playing the game these days.

That must be the stupidest thing I ever heard. So just because she have more clothes it make her to a barbie and bimbo?

danitiwa
10-09-07, 18:00

And people say Legend isn't Tomb Raider. -well she raid tombs and that makes it tomb raider.

And about barbie raider. I can't see any similiars (is that right word? xD)

(Ordet du söker är: Similarities ;))

It's not the technology Betal, I'm fine with better Graphics, doesn't make much difference to me, but still. The thing is Lara's Behaviour and the gameplay, I mean it was a nice attempt and all, but IMO they didn't capture the escence at all, and Anniversary still lacks it as well. :)

I think people refer to it as Barbie Raider because she has so many outfit selections. XD

MiCkiZ88
10-09-07, 18:01
Hey, MiCki - Your back to your old avatar ^_^
yup :D

So someone who cares about her parents are a bimbo? She never acts like a bimbo...No.. She never acts like Lara.

And yes she does. 'Oh look! I'ts Rutland! Fancy dropping bla bla bla.. ' *does a pose*

Mad Tony
10-09-07, 18:01
The only thing they changed on Lara is her feelings. All humans have feelings. And if people doesn't have any feelings for their parents (not in love feeling of course xD) then I feel sorry for them...

That must be the stupidest thing I ever heard. So just because she have more clothes it make her to a barbie and bimbo?No, they changed a lot of things. The gameplay, the length, the difficulty, the enemies etc.

Yes, humans do have feelings. But Lara isn't human. She's a video game character. Tomb Raider is NOT a simulation.

In certain aspects, yes. Tomb Raider was never about unlocking pink outfits for Lara to raid in. :rolleyes:

danitiwa
10-09-07, 18:02
And yes she does. 'Oh look! I'ts Rutland! Fancy dropping bla bla bla.. ' *does a pose*

Lara would be more like:
*shoots Rutland in the head* Done. :p

Or at least in my opinion.

Mad Tony
10-09-07, 18:03
Lara would be more like:
*shoots Rutland in the head* Done. :p
Hell yes. :)

Reggie
10-09-07, 18:05
I can't be arsed to argue about Lara anymore. She's had a radical personality change that I don't like. She may not be a "barbie" but she's not the Lara I once knew - only a lighter caricature of her former self.

SamReeves
10-09-07, 18:23
The Beaver Patrol likes all the models, but it most partial to Rhona. :D

Lara Croft!
10-09-07, 18:57
Rhona Mitra!

tranniversary119
10-09-07, 19:09
I like karima the best. She's the hottest.. looks exactly like the new beatiful lara we got.

Soma Holiday
10-09-07, 19:40
Rhona Mitra.

Melonies Homeboy
10-09-07, 19:45
My girlfriend Melonie, I keep telling her she would be a good Lara model, more beautiful than Lara herself :hug::hug::hug:

Natey168
10-09-07, 19:47
I'll have to agree with you there. :D

Angel_14
10-09-07, 19:49
Rhona mitra
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/trxd/model1.jpg

Jill de jong:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/trxd/model5.jpg

I like all of the models, but I think Karima is the only one, who doesn't look like Lara at all. She's nothing special to me and the other models could play Lara much better.

James_Rutland
10-09-07, 19:51
Karima and Lucy

Same here. :tmb:

tombraider123
10-09-07, 19:51
Karima and Jill are the best! :D

I prefer Karima over Jill though.

Cord_Croft
10-09-07, 19:52
I'm going to be a party pooper and say none of them :ton:

Anubis_AF
10-09-07, 19:53
Jill De Jong.

Natey168
10-09-07, 19:56
I'm going to be a party pooper and say none of them :ton:
Stop pooping all over the party! Meanie!

Melonies Homeboy
10-09-07, 19:58
Melonie, Melonie, Melonie, Melonie!

trXD
10-09-07, 20:03
All I'll say is this:
There MUST be a reason why Barbie comes to mind to a lot of people whilst the older Lara doesn't evoke that that image.

i think thats because lara apears less tougher then the original lara when actualy she is just less... whats the word... less than angry...

People completley exagerate lara missing her mother into her being a barbie or a bimbo! Its gone beyone strange to completley ignorent

Earthcane
10-09-07, 20:33
I think Nell McAndrew gives off that whole Tomb-Raiderish vibe. She looks really good in that latex outfit.

Karima comes a close second. I think she looks a lot better in these pics:

http://i16.************/6272y41.jpg

http://i7.************/4zyb9lg.jpg

Legend 4ever
10-09-07, 20:50
Karima!!! And for ever. She looks nothing like Classic LAra, but that lara is no more here, soo...

Other models looks really fake and cheap with all those skimpy-plastic-My-Mum-Made-It clothes.

Reggie
10-09-07, 20:52
i think thats because lara apears less tougher then the original lara when actualy she is just less... whats the word... less than angry...

People completley exagerate lara missing her mother into her being a barbie or a bimbo! Its gone beyone strange to completley ignorent

I don't ever recall classic Lara losing her temper or getting angry? She always kept her cool even under extreme pressure. Sarcastic? yes, Cold blooded? only to survive.

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-09-07, 20:57
Classic Lara lacked personality. Lara acts much more like a real person in TRL and TRA. Yes... she has emotions, everyoen does. Well, most everyone anyways.

Karima is the best Lara model in my opinion, and one reason because she seems more like a real person as well. I know this might be hard for some of you to realize, but Lara actually smiles sometimes! The other models try to look too serious, it's more comical than anything, especially since the outfits are downright hideous. :vlol:

And btw, I've got the sweetest boyfriend EVER! :hug: Oh, and if you're reading this hunnie, I'm gonna try to call you as soon as I can, I'm just taking a .54 break from this dadgum paper. :p

trXD
10-09-07, 20:58
I don't ever recall classic Lara losing her temper or getting angry? She always kept her cool even under extreme pressure. Sarcastic? yes, Cold blooded? only to survive.

you just explained with the right words thanks:D
Thats why i said less than angry

Reggie
10-09-07, 21:10
Right :tmb:

The fact people WILL complain if such a radical personality change occurs in the main character - especially with somebody like Lara. To one person, she may not have had a personality but to me, she was a rebellious, rational, cool as cucumber, rebellious soul who raided to Tombs to feel alive and away from her suffocating aristocratic roots.

Sorry if I've gone a little off topic here ;)

Sara Croft
10-09-07, 21:12
Right :tmb:

The fact people WILL complain if such a radical personality change occurs in the main character - especially with somebody like Lara. To one person, she may not have had a personality but to me, she was a rebellious, rational, cool as cucumber, rebellious soul who raided to Tombs to feel alive and away from her suffocating aristocratic roots.

Sorry if I've gone a little off topic here ;)
Ironic isnt it? Raiding a TOMB to feel alive? :ton:

Rivendell
10-09-07, 21:15
Ironic isnt it? Raiding a TOMB to feel alive? :ton:

Lol, reminds me of Green Wing.
Joanna buying a dead goldfish just to remind her that she's alive, and better than the dead fish.

"Haha, I'm alive and you're not. Idiot. Stupid idiotic.. dead..fish. :p "

Sara Croft
10-09-07, 21:59
LOL :vlol:
Sounds normal :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-09-07, 22:04
I think Karima's my favorite now. But, not based on any of those pictures, I think Rhona Mitra looks a lot like her, especially nowadays.

domina
10-09-07, 23:22
I love Karima, and I think she looks fierce in actual posed shoots. She probably comes off as very smiley in a lot of photos because they're from conventions when she's supposed to actually interact with fans rather than be stared at from a distance. Rhona is amazing as well; she definitely rocks Lara's attitude. I like Jill, but I actually think she over-acts in some of the posed images.

Never thought Clarkson, Weller, or McAndrew were that great. Clarkson was decent, looked enough liked Lara and never flopped in shoots. There just wasn't anything there that really made me interested in her portrayal. Knowing of McAndrew after the Playboy thing may have tarnished her image for me (only as Lara, not because I have an issue with Playboy or nudity or sexuality), but honestly, I find her incredibly unattractive.

Weller just never convinced me at all. I actually feel about her how a lot of folks feel about Karima: She just looked like a cute girl dressed like Lara. The way she held her guns always looked so weak.

Twilight
10-09-07, 23:27
lara weller looks like classic lara. she has her attitude too.

jill de jong looks like aod lara, she has that raw attitude that aod lara has.

theyre perfect.

everyone else looks lik amateurs. except karima, she displays Legend lara really well, nice, pretty, supermodel looks.

RAID
10-09-07, 23:28
Jill and Karima

K.J
11-09-07, 01:52
Karima

danitiwa
11-09-07, 05:26
Simply Hot!
:vlol:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/253/6/1/Karima_Adobe_by_Ashka_marauder.jpg

Necromanser
11-09-07, 10:18
Karima for no reason

MikeAC
11-09-07, 10:26
Rhona Mitra looks more like Lara OUT of costume than she does in. Especially on Boston Legal.

Jill looks the best since she has the looks, attitude and a decent outfit. Karima's looks like one of those kids dress up costumes you by from Kmart and the classic one is downright hidious with that plastic blue top.

nicola1986
11-09-07, 10:56
Rhona Mitra is hot, except the wig is crappy and they could use better quality clothes.

george_croft
11-09-07, 11:00
Karima and Rhona ****ra. Jill de Thong is ok too:)
Simply Hot!
:vlol:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/253/6/1/Karima_Adobe_by_Ashka_marauder.jpg

Is that Janice, the hooker from AOD with a black wig in the background?:p

xGirlL
18-09-07, 13:00
For me this one:

http://www.xonio.com/ii/91132729_a25c00dc52.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/04/tomb_raider_model_lara_weller.jpg