PDA

View Full Version : Avril Lavigne or Kelly Clarkson?

tombraider123
10-09-07, 18:51
I always hear people compare these two since their music is qute similar. But, who do you prefer? I like Avril a lot more, all her songs are great because I can relate to a lot of them. Kelly is good and talented too, so this is no an attempt to bash her.

Also, I think Avril is a better singer. I know many will disagree with me and say she is a bad singer, but her recent live stuff is a lot better :)

ThomasCroft
10-09-07, 18:54
Ouch, a toughie, I luv'em both. However, Kelly is MUCH more mature and original in her songs whilst Avril Lavigne's music is becoming less original. So I say Kelly, but I love Avril.

She rocks, you can't deny it.

Dingaling
10-09-07, 18:55
Avril. But I don't really listen to Kelly. Kelly has a great voice and some amazing lyrics but I just prefer Avril :). Thank an Avril fan on this forum for that :D.

Paul H
I think Avril Lavigne is by far the better of the two, although I don't like her new image at all.

Mad Tony
Definitely Kelly Clarkson. What Avril produces is definitely not music IMO.

VonCroy360
10-09-07, 18:59
Avril before, and now Kelly.

Comparing their third albums, Avril started singing "Girlfriend" type songs, and Kelly started writing her own stuff, which is a bit darker than her work while she was still the "Idol", but more mature as well.
It's funny how Avril seemed to be independent and different before, but towards her third album started looking more like all other popular singers, and Kelly did just the opposite.

She also seemed a bit into herself while talking about the competition a few days ago:

Someone like Kelly Clarkson is beautiful and has a pretty voice, but with me you get a much stronger image. I'm tough, I have a look that girls want to copy, and I sound a particular way. It's good if you're not easily ignored. And I'm not.

:)

troy tr
10-09-07, 19:00
Avril. She's got the attitude!:D

danitiwa
10-09-07, 19:00
Kelly, she sings about more meaningfull things than stealing other people's boyfriends. :whi: Avril has started *****ing about and it's really annoying me. Plus Kelly has a better voice by far: She's real. ;)

scion05
10-09-07, 19:01
Kelly :)

Anajrob
10-09-07, 19:01
None. ;) maybe a little avril...but bah...I don't like her....:pi:

remote91
10-09-07, 19:03
Their is something more likable about Kelly in my opinion, Avril is okay though.

Anubis_AF
10-09-07, 19:07
Kelly, absolutely.

Rickéh
10-09-07, 19:11
Avril. :)

lita212
10-09-07, 19:12
avril considering she was the first to start all this "rock chick girls" after she came out we had people like
kelly clarkson
hilary duff
lindsay lohan
ashlee simpson etc
all trying to do the whole avril rock chic thing and they all failed.

NemesisxAngelus
10-09-07, 19:31
Kelly :D

tombraider123
10-09-07, 19:34
Kelly, she sings about more meaningfull things than stealing other people's boyfriends. :whi: Avril has started *****ing about and it's really annoying me. Plus Kelly has a better voice by far: She's real. ;)

Avril has only had 2 songs that are like that. Skater Boi and Girlfriend - which I think is good because it's nice to have a little change. All her other songs all have a lot of meaning to them.

Also, Kelly's song Breakaway was co-written by Avril and I think it turned out to be her third top 10 single (In america)

tranniversary119
10-09-07, 19:35
Avril is so much better!.. And hotter!

findme
10-09-07, 19:40
Avril for sure. She can do live much better than Kelly.

Kelly can't sing live, and she won American Idol.

trXD
10-09-07, 19:41
Avril definetley!

Beanz
10-09-07, 20:15
Avril all the way, I hate Kelly.

Lenochka
10-09-07, 20:18
Kelly :3

Avril bugs me for some reason...

Forever_Laras_56
10-09-07, 20:21
i love avril cus she SINGS wile kelly sounds like she just yells her songs
avrils songs are so cool.

IMO!:p

BtoFu
10-09-07, 20:42
Kelly Clarkson is hotter. I won't pretend their music matters. :cool:

Legend 4ever
10-09-07, 20:46
OMG What a question. Kelly of course.

Angelus
10-09-07, 20:50
Definitely Kelly Clarkson. What Avril produces is definitely not music IMO.

That's just a silly thing to say because it obviously is music, just not to your taste.

Anyway, I prefer Avril Lavigne. :) Kelly Clarkson tries too hard when she sings.

Bonez
10-09-07, 21:03
:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

You all probably know how obsessed I am with erm.. Avril. :D

I do like Kelly and she has a good voice, but Avril is just my favourite ever ever ever ever singer. :D Shes an awesome person who makes amazing music IMO. :D

I know her new stuff aint like how she used to be but.. shes grown up and is having fun. And shes trying new things... I would rather she experimented and made mistakes and stuff than did the same old stuff all the time. ^_^

Plus.. look at the success of TBDT :D

imaginarylight
10-09-07, 21:22
Avril loved her ever since she came out.

but I like kelly her new cd is quite good.

Mad Tony
10-09-07, 21:40
That's just a silly thing to say because it obviously is music, just not to your taste.
Notice how I said "IMO" at the end?

Read and take in the WHOLE of my post before coming back with such comments.

Legends
10-09-07, 21:42
Avril.

BtoFu
10-09-07, 22:19

Or just don't make dumbass comments to start with. Yeah.

Mad Tony
10-09-07, 22:25
Or just don't make dumbass comments to start with. Yeah.My comment was not dumbass. How is an opinion dumbass?
It's not. You're saying that I posted a "dumbass" comment simply because you don't agree with my opinion.

tombraider123
10-09-07, 22:29
I didn't make this thread for arguments to start, I just wanted people to say their opinions who who they liked more and why. :)

CAISACO
10-09-07, 22:29
Kelly Clarkson

BtoFu
10-09-07, 22:34
Your 'opinion' is the type that sets people off in glorious reactionary fashion and before you know it threads get closed - you'd make things easier on yourself by wording your negative opinion on something better. Less blunt that is. So yeah it was a dumbass comment.

findme
10-09-07, 22:40
My comment was not dumbass. How is an opinion dumbass?
It's not. You're saying that I posted a "dumbass" comment simply because you don't agree with my opinion.

It wasn't even an opinion. It WAS a dumbass comment since saying it wasn't music is just plain stupid. Because it IS music, what else would it be?

I think you need to watch your words and choose them carefully before you want to post your "opinion".

ihatecold17
10-09-07, 23:00
kelly. Avril has an obnoxious voice, kelly actually is good at singing. Avrils songs are obnoxious, kellys are more mature.

oddly, Avril lavigne wrote Breakaway.

Twilight
10-09-07, 23:03
neither, but if theres one i hate more its avril, she acts lik a 13 yr old now. but kelly's boring. doesnt really matter to me.

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-09-07, 23:07
I like Avril's older stuff, same with Kelly. They're both getting a bit "dim" IMO, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Avril. Although I love listening to them both.

DREWY
10-09-07, 23:12
Kelly can sing better, but Avril seems to have the better songs atm. At the moment I'd marginally prefer Avril.
Having said that, another song like 'Girlfriend' would change my mind!

RAID
10-09-07, 23:14
Avril Lavigne. I only like a song or two from Kelly. She's not bad and I got nothing against her, she's just not my type of singer.

Junebug
10-09-07, 23:47
Kelly Clarkston!:yah: Hehe.

lara is mine
11-09-07, 00:16
kelly clarkson!!!! wooooot:jmp::jmp::jmp::D:D:D. lol wow

nickp364
11-09-07, 01:42
Kelly's way better! :)

lara is mine
11-09-07, 01:56
i love kelly:p. (an example of her greatness)http://youtube.com/watch?v=vyPKCdoFPZE. dont no if im allowed to post links if not then sorry :o

coolaideonfire
11-09-07, 02:13
Kelly hands down! But, Avril's brattish attitude amuses me.

Tihocan9
11-09-07, 02:37
Kelly, I love her songs (even though I am a boy and I guess where I am from she makes girl songs) but I only like one Avril song and I didnt even know she made it till someone told me.

ivannnnn
11-09-07, 02:39
I love their songs not the singers ;)

erosan
11-09-07, 03:03
neither

Mad Tony
11-09-07, 06:14
Your 'opinion' is the type that sets people off in glorious reactionary fashion and before you know it threads get closed - you'd make things easier on yourself by wording your negative opinion on something better. Less blunt that is. So yeah it was a dumbass comment.Hey, I'm not gonna sit there and say something different to how I feel. So no it wasn't a dumbass comment.

It wasn't even an opinion. It WAS a dumbass comment since saying it wasn't music is just plain stupid. Because it IS music, what else would it be?
It was an opinion, actually. Whether you like it or not different people have different ideas on what defines music. What else could it be? Well IMO it's not music but in other people's opinions it is. I'm fine with that. I don't attack other people because of what their opinion on this is.

george_croft
11-09-07, 06:25
They both suck, IMO. But if I'd have to choose I'd go with Kelly :)

Vickkyyy
11-09-07, 10:08
i hate avril >.<

and i love kelly :]]

you figure it out :D

lmao :ton:

nicola1986
11-09-07, 11:09
Neither of them for me, but if I had to choose I'd say Kelly.

I liked Avril when I was in my rebellious teen stage but I'm over it now :D

Valixia
11-09-07, 11:12
I prefer Kelly, but I don't like either of them really.

Nemo_91
11-09-07, 13:13
KC :tmb:

Marija_Croft
11-09-07, 13:17
Avril Lavigne. ;)

Delakandak
11-09-07, 13:36
Yeah, Anvril..you know.."So Much for my Happy Ending"Thats my favorite..:D

tombraider123
11-09-07, 14:21
Yeah, Anvril..you know.."So Much for my Happy Ending"Thats my favorite..:D

I love that song. Definatly one of her best :)

Delakandak
11-09-07, 14:37
I love that song. Definatly one of her best :)

I new you'd love it..well ..sort of..

findme
11-09-07, 14:56
Jeez, I just noticed Kelly just yells her songs now that people have said it. It makes the song sound annoying.

Bonez
11-09-07, 14:59
Jeez, I just noticed Kelly just yells her songs now that people have said it. It makes the song sound annoying.

I noticed that when someone pointed out.. It really annoyed me lol.

nicola1986
11-09-07, 15:03
I noticed that when someone pointed out.. It really annoyed me lol.

Same here, her mouth's always open lol

maximum_123
11-09-07, 15:45
Avril.

Bonez
11-09-07, 16:51
Kelly can sing better, but Avril seems to have the better songs atm. At the moment I'd marginally prefer Avril.
Having said that, another song like 'Girlfriend' would change my mind!

Girlfriend is definitly not her best song. But it was a great success ^_^

Her new single is gonna be, Hot :jmp:

Hdi0HbELJi0

domina
11-09-07, 16:56
Kelly. Her voice is much better, especially live, and she just seems like a much happier and pleasant person compared to Avril.

Bonez
11-09-07, 16:58
happier

I know thats your opinion, and I'm not going to knock that or anything..

.. But have you listened to her recent album? XD

Angelus
11-09-07, 17:13

No, of course I didn't notice the big fat IMO at the end of your sentence. :rolleyes:

But saying that Avril doesn't make music may be your opinion, but it's also wrong. She does make music, but it's just not to your taste. That's all I was saying.

Cool down.

domina
11-09-07, 17:16
I know thats your opinion, and I'm not going to knock that or anything..

.. But have you listened to her recent album? XD

I'm not talking about her music. I'm talking about her overall personality.

Mad Tony
11-09-07, 17:17
But saying that Avril doesn't make music may be your opinion, but it's also wrong. She does make music, but it's just not to your taste. That's all I was saying.
No opinion is not wrong, nor is it right. As I said, different people have a different opinion on what defines "music".

Bonez
11-09-07, 17:18
I'm not talking about her music. I'm talking about her overall personality.

Oohhh right. I didn't realise lol.

domina
11-09-07, 17:21
Oohhh right. I didn't realise lol.

It's okay. :) I wasn't very specific.

tombinator
11-09-07, 17:26
IMO i would never compare the two, ive got all the albums for both of them, and would never have thought that ppl would think they are similar. i dont think i pove the prefer one over the other. i'm listenin to avril's 'when you're gone' right now, and its brilliant!
but fro me, neither is better, they are on a par because i dont think their music is similar at all

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-09-07, 17:28
Kelly Clarkson. She has talent.

Though neither are really my style, Kelly Clarkson is closer. I'm all into rock. :tmb:

tombraider123
11-09-07, 20:30
Girlfriend is definitly not her best song. But it was a great success ^_^

Her new single is gonna be, Hot :jmp:

Hdi0HbELJi0

She is releasing it? That is my favourite song of her new album. It will definatly do well! :D

Bonez
11-09-07, 20:31
She is releasing it? That is my favourite song of her new album. It will definatly do well! :D

Yup. :D She shot the video on saturday in New York. :jmp:

tombraider123
11-09-07, 20:33
Yup. :D She shot the video on saturday in New York. :jmp:

I am so glad she is releasing it. I hope she releases more after aswell. I love 'One of Those Girls' also.

Bonez
11-09-07, 20:36
I am so glad she is releasing it. I hope she releases more after aswell. I love 'One of Those Girls' also.

I would like a contagious video. I know its a short song but I think it would do reeally well, though One of Those Girls is also a really good song..

I wouldnt be able to decide lol.

tombraider123
11-09-07, 20:38
I would like a contagious video. I know its a short song but I think it would do reeally well, though One of Those Girls is also a really good song..

I wouldnt be able to decide lol.

At the end of the day, every song on the album is great :)

Bonez
11-09-07, 20:40
At the end of the day, every song on the album is great :)

Absolutely. It puts me in a really good mood aswell. :D

Dingaling
11-09-07, 21:02
If she was to release another song from The Best Damn thing then "Contagious" or "Innocence" is the way to go I think :).

Angelus
12-09-07, 14:32
No opinion is not wrong, nor is it right. As I said, different people have a different opinion on what defines "music".

Yes, but it is music.

I hope Avril releases Everything Back But You and Innocence. :D

ThomasCroft
12-09-07, 15:02
Release INNOCENCE pleaaaaaaaase wooot wooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Ahem. Sorry 'bout that.

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 15:04
Yes, but it is music.
In your opinion. Like I said, different people classify different things as music.

Angelus
12-09-07, 15:36
In your opinion. Like I said, different people classify different things as music.

It is music. That is a fact.

Stop being so stubborn.

scion05
12-09-07, 15:38
If it's on an audio cd, on sale on iTunes, contains musical intruments or has sang vocals, it IS music.

Sorry to dissapoint you Ben :wve:

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 15:38
It is music. That is a fact.

Stop being so stubborn.No, it is not fact. Like I said, IMO it's not music. In your opinion it is, fair enough.

Just accept that I have a different opinion to yours instead of spouting out unrelated insults.

@David: Sorry to disappoint you, but it all comes down to opinion. Can we leave it at that?

Angelus
12-09-07, 15:39
No, it is not fact. Like I said, IMO it's not music. In your opinion it is, fair enough.

Just accept that I have a different opinion to yours instead of spouting out unrelated insults.

When did I insult you!?

Avril Lavigne makes music and she does it for a living. That is fact. How can you say it's not music when it clearly is?

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 15:41
When did I insult you!?

Avril Lavigne makes music and she does it for a living. That is fact. How can you say it's not music when it clearly is?

Stop being so stubborn.

I can say it's not music because IMO the stuff she sings isn't what defines music, IN MY OPINION.

Angelus
12-09-07, 15:51
You seem that think that adding "in my opinion" to every statement you make gives you immunity to people commenting on it.

But whatever.

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 15:57
You seem that think that adding "in my opinion" to every statement you make gives you immunity to people commenting on it.
Nope, I don't. :) People can feel free to comment on whatever they like.

scion05
12-09-07, 16:03
Can we leave it at that?

You give off the impression that you want someone to drop something.
You carry it on.

Oh lordi lordi lordi... :p

Joe_16
12-09-07, 16:05
Clarkson is clearly the more talented so based on that I will go with her.

Although I would take them both out to dinner should the opportunity ever arise.

CerebralAssassin
12-09-07, 16:26
Avril Lavigne...by far!:p