PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore looses it with CNN over new film ...

illuminati30
11-09-07, 12:52
over a dispute about his new film 'Sicko'. I found this rather amusing :D

ekpyD43JTZE

Apparently this film has finally been given a UK release.

The controversial movie, which was premiered earlier this year at the Cannes Film Festival (http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/f/Film-Festival/index-74887.html), and which caused calls for Moore's head back in the USA, will grace British cinemas on October 26.

This time Moore turns his critical eye from the Bush administration, 9/11 and American gun culture to examine America's ailing health care system. The film follows Americans who have been denied treatment by uncaring, profit-mongering US health care insurance companies.

The consequences for the individual subscribers range from bankruptcy to the unnecessary deaths of loved ones. In it, Moore also takes a group of 9/11 Ground Zero volunteers to Cuba - a country American citizens are banned from visiting - to see the top-rate, free health care citizens there are eligible for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6673039.stm

Can't wait to see it!

Lara Croft!
11-09-07, 14:57
I can't say he lost it... He was very angry and had a lot to say in a little time. Pretty normal for the circumstances! It was more of an outburst.

bloodstormaoa
11-09-07, 15:06
Can't wait to see it!

Nor can I! Michael Moore deserves so much credit for his documentaries, It's a pity he doesn't get it at home.

Joe_16
11-09-07, 15:16
Sounds interesting. Should be good.

jamee
11-09-07, 15:22
the news is so often biased towards the companies that support their station
anyway - I like Michale Moore - he has alot of courage to take on such contraversial topics...

Jamee
www.MoreEnergyToday.com

Catapharact
11-09-07, 15:26
Nor can I! Michael Moore deserves so much credit for his documentaries, It's a pity he doesn't get it at home.

Uhahaha.... Ha.... You're kidding right?

I would about give him as much credit as a right wing proganda *****. Only this time he is with the left instead. Don't think he has a clue sometimes as to what he is talking about.

For instance, in sicko he compares the state of medicare in the U.S. to Canada and others around the world yet he doesn't realises that the primary mode of Health care in the U.S. is.. wait for it... PRIVATE! If its the primary health care unit, where do you think most of the attention will be placed upon? In Canada, its obviously the opposite since they have a public health care system and thus private ones struggle a bit (no so much though since the turmoil in the public health care system forces people to switch to private anyway.) But you don't see Michael Morre mention any of that :whi:.

Draco
11-09-07, 15:47
Michael Moore never had 'it' to lose.

bloodstormaoa
11-09-07, 16:11

I would about give him as much credit as a right wing proganda *****. Only this time he is with the left instead. Don't think he has a clue sometimes as to what he is talking about.

For instance, in sicko he compares the state of medicare in the U.S. to Canada and others around the world yet he doesn't realises that the primary mode of Health care in the U.S. is.. wait for it... PRIVATE! If its the primary health care unit, where do you think most of the attention will be placed upon? In Canada, its obviously the opposite since they have a public health care system and thus private ones struggle a bit (no so much though since the turmoil in the public health care system forces people to switch to private anyway.) But you don't see Michael Morre mention any of that :whi:.

I haven't seen sicko yet, so I can't really comment on that.

I do think he deserves credit for asking the questions that I'm sure most Americans don't (In BFC and F9/11). And as he said in the interview, most of what he said in F9/11 came to pass, so that's something..

interstellardave
11-09-07, 16:38
It's this "top rate free healthcare" thing that burns me up when I hear it (sorry illuminati). Nothing is free. Free means that the government took more of your money in the first place. This issue is an important one, but the problem is not even close to being as simple as people want to make it out to be ("just have a government provided healthcare system, like Canada", or Cuba apparently). Yeah, that's free, exactly how? Some people think that government doing everything for them would be a utopia... so shortsighted...

domina
11-09-07, 16:46

Exactly. He's the left's Ann Coulter. Just another dip**** taking an extreme to get folks riled up.

illuminati30
11-09-07, 18:15
We have free health care in the UK. I really don't think he is anything like Ann Coulter.

interstellardave
11-09-07, 18:35
We have free health care in the UK. I really don't think he is anything like Ann Coulter.

And your taxes don't pay for it? I love you, bro, but c'mon! There are no free lunches!

illuminati30
11-09-07, 19:54
Yeah they pay for it. I think the money the Americans gave us after WW2 help set up the NHS. I could be wrong though LOL

Draco
11-09-07, 23:34
I don't want any of my tax dollars going to any sort of public health program.

Zac Medley
12-09-07, 05:00

You can't be serious.

Didn't you ever wonder what that National Insurance chunk missing from your paycheck was? You pay more and get worse service. But worse than that all is you have NO CHOISE! Even the people in the UK who choose private healthcare are still paying National Insurance.

But back to Michael Moore, what happened with CNN was that he was scheduled to do an interview to stump for his new movie, but he had no idea that the story directly before him was some even-handed reporting noting all of the glaring inaccuracies and deliberate mis-statements in said movie. He was caught on the hop, because he thought he was going to have his ego stroked, but they primed his piece with a nice touch of realism.

His "documentaries," are more like left-wing idealistic fantasy than anything else. The guy is a kook.

illuminati30
12-09-07, 09:45
You can't be serious.

Didn't you ever wonder what that National Insurance chunk missing from your paycheck was? You pay more and get worse service. But worse than that all is you have NO CHOISE! Even the people in the UK who choose private healthcare are still paying National Insurance.

Ok let me rephrase, it is not free, it is paid for in national insurance. I don't know anyone who grudges paying it though. The NHS generally delivers a good service, not always but mostly. Generally you can see a doctor here the same day or the next if you have an emergency, if you have a real emergency you can see one right away, and get treatment. There is also a 24 hour help line that can be called at anytime, free of charge with medical advice. Everyone pays into it, and everyone uses it at some point. It is there for everyone, regardless of employment, and earnings etc. There is always the option of private health care as well. The only real advantage of it, is that it puts you closer to the top of a waiting list for treatment. In the end you still see the same doctor. The NHS doctor, as they are the best.

tlr online
12-09-07, 15:07
Good for Michael. CNN are liars just like Bush. :tmb:

calico25
12-09-07, 18:12
uhh, typical michael moore.

The guy is a hack filmmaker who became larger than his documentaries. Calling his last 3 films "documentaries" is a huge insult to the genre.

The man is more of a spinster than some of the worst politicians out there.

Michael Moore begging the mainstream media to tell the truth is a complete riot since he will not do so himself.

As for the whole healthcare thing, i have been experienced first hand the healthcare systems in the UK and US and they both are greatly flawed to say the least.

Zac Medley
13-09-07, 08:31
Good for Michael. CNN are liars just like Bush. :tmb:

I don't think administrators should be making inflammatory statements like that.

Now, who do I report you to? :D

Catapharact
13-09-07, 09:12
Viva Impeacment! :p Overthrow that penguin!