PDA

View Full Version : It's Been Six Years To The Day...

Naz2000
11-09-07, 18:01
...Since the terrible attacks on the Twin Towers. I haven't noticed any threads on this so I thought I would create one where we can, well I suppose show a bit of respect for all of the people who were killed in 2001. And if you haven't already done so, to just have a mintute's peace:(

Greenkey2
11-09-07, 18:03
I was watching the memorial service earlier this afternoon. It still has the power to hit me; to the point where I had to turn it off I was getting that choked up. I remember exactly where I was, what I was doing, even what I was wearing. There are some memories that time never fades.

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-09-07, 18:04
:(

Naz2000
11-09-07, 18:05
I was watching the memorial service earlier this afternoon. It still has the power to hit me; to the point where I had to turn it off I was getting that choked up. I remember exactly where I was, what I was doing, even what I was wearing. There are some memories that time never fades.

I watched a programme the other night called "The Falling Man" and it was horrifying to see all of the people jumping to their deaths, the were so high up. I didn't really understand the serious side of the situation as I was about 7 or 8, I remember saying to a man who was fixing something in my house at the time "It's only buildings falling down" and he replied "Yes but normally they don't have thousands of people inside them!" I think it was terrible now that I realise how bad it was:(

Mad Tony
11-09-07, 18:06
My heart goes out to all the victims of those who have been killed or affected by this terrible attack. :(

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/14.gif

MiCkiZ88
11-09-07, 18:06
Has it really been that long?

I can clearly remember switching the channels & suddenly stopping. Seeing the towers in flames. Just before the second crash. :(

Inkheart
11-09-07, 18:07
I pity the Americans who died, and their families who were left to carry on without them.

bloodstormaoa
11-09-07, 18:08

Same here :(

tr_mitch
11-09-07, 18:08
Still hard to believe it all happened. =[

remote91
11-09-07, 18:15
One of the greatest tragedies the world has ever known, God rest the souls of anyone killed that awful day.

Grenade
11-09-07, 18:16
Truly awful. My heart goes out to all those who were killed on that day. :(

tranniversary119
11-09-07, 18:54
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/origjerseygirl/September11th.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/SeanG89/Eagle.bmp

MUN33B
11-09-07, 19:01
I feel sorry for the people who died and their families. :( I hope the best for them :hug: Poor people.

Joe_16
11-09-07, 19:05
Seems like it was just yesterday :(

xcrushterx
11-09-07, 19:21

I found this intersting video on youtube summarising the events of the day.

zdo7aWfTRXM

touchmyheart
11-09-07, 19:24
The other day, I was watching the documentry about the "Falling Man" picture that was taken on the day of the attacks. It was a heart-breaking day :(

VonCroy360
11-09-07, 19:27
Yup. Awful. :(
It seems more shocking nowadays for me, as I was just a kid at the time, so I didn't fully understand what it meant.

scion05
11-09-07, 19:32
Terribly awful :( I can't belive how people could be so soddin cruel :(

But do we really have to dig this up annualy ? Shouldn't we let these people
rest....

sorry, im in Diana mode now... :pi:

Zelda master
11-09-07, 19:52
Actually not that i have anything against America... but i dont really bother myself about it... its sad for the families yes, but you cant undo the past and this like this will happen and keep happen untill the whole human race eventually kills itself:(

2kool4u
11-09-07, 20:16
What a sad day, where were you guys during that day?

badboy70
11-09-07, 20:18
Aww :(
I wish that wouldn't have ever happened :(

Bonez
11-09-07, 20:23
The other day, I was watching the documentry about the "Falling Man" picture that was taken on the day of the attacks. It was a heart-breaking day :(

I watched that! It was horrible.. that picture was awful. :(

I remember hearing about it. I was watching Blue Peter and then dad came in through the door saying theres been a terroist attack in New York and I was asking what a terroist Attack was because I didn't know at that time...

da tomb raider!
11-09-07, 20:27
Terrible. :( It feels like it happened only yesterday. I'm truly sorry for all of those who were killed or affected by it. :(

SparkleCroft07
11-09-07, 20:30
Its awful what happened! Any families out there who lost loved ones, im sorry...:(

tombraider123
11-09-07, 20:37
I think it is the worst thing that has happened in my lifetime that has effected the whole world. I remember exactly where I was when it happened and what I was doing.

SparkleCroft07
11-09-07, 20:40
Its awful what happened! Any families out there who lost loved ones, im sorry...:(

Forever_Laras_56
11-09-07, 21:12
oh..dont make me think of it oh man now i feel so bad:(*crys a bit*
i wish i could just go back in time to save all thos people.

Eddie Haskell
11-09-07, 21:32
What a sad day, where were you guys during that day?

I was at home, just returned to the US after helping to set up and organize the security for the then upcoming elections in Kosovo. I was reading the paper at my mothers house when she rushed in to the front room and told me to put on the tv. I never saw anything so brutal, and I have seen lots of brutality.

One week after that, I was allowed to return to my former job in order to hopefully exact some revenge in the soon-to-come retaliation. Unfortunately our unit was not in on the first waves, but soon after they needed our particular expertise and we took down many of these sick *******s in the mountains of Afghanistan.

And yet, the head lunatic is still at large. :mad:

nicola1986
11-09-07, 21:38
I was in hospital coming round from my operation when I heard that, at first I thought I was dreaming 'cos of the anaethetic and painkillers.

I'll always remember it 'cos I was told I might have cancer that day then I saw that on TV aswell, that day was full of sadness for me.

Regulator
11-09-07, 22:14
I remember I was in the third grade when it happened.
Thoughout the whole school day, I was unaware of it.
Then once my mom picked me up from school,she told me of it and turned on the tv to show me.

Draco
11-09-07, 23:32
Terrible. :( It feels like it happened only yesterday.

The media and the politicians want you to feel that way.

Little-Lara
12-09-07, 00:20
:( :( Its just soo sad and hard to comprehend just what the feelings are here right now. It feels like my heart is breaking at the thought of it and at the sight of it. :( RIP, all the victims.

2kool4u
12-09-07, 00:28
There is a really nice showing of lights where the Towers used to be. I have perfect view of them to.

Junebug
12-09-07, 01:38
Ugh, so sad. So terrible. Somany deaths on one day.:( It makes me want to cry. That part in the video with the falling man is awful. Those people who would do such a thing as kill themselfs and other are so horrible.:mad:

Tihocan9
12-09-07, 01:45
truely sad, makes you wonder what the terrorists on the plane were thinking, not the thoughts of the head of terrorists groups but their own personal thought, did they have any regret of what they were about to do or were they so consumed with evilness they did it and though it was right? Makes you think, but that is what is great about America would took that attack but we are growing from it so we are prepared for future attacks that hopefully never happen, I can only hope the world one day puts aside our differences and works together as one.

gtkilla
12-09-07, 02:14

Exactly how I feel...:( When I first heard what happened, my heart almost jumped out of my throat. My parents and quite a few other members of my family work in Manhattan, so I was really nervous when I heard about it. I was literally sweating bullets and panicking the whole day. The teachers didn't want us to find out, so they didn't tell us what was going on, but we found out anyway. People were being sent out of class, teachers were in the hallways talking to other teachers, some were crying and having tantrums...gosh, that day was so chaotic...I couldn't wait to get out of that school, so I could call somebody to find out wth was going on. I was so relieved that my mother was alright. Her job wasn't close to the WTC, but I was still scared. Two of my aunts however, were pretty close, which is why I feared for them more. They had to literally run from the debris as the towers were collapsing. You can't imagine how relieved I was to find out they along with the rest of my family were alright.

RIP, all the victims.

Duchess
12-09-07, 02:24
It was a very unfortunate event. It was tragic that so many people died. :( God bless America.

Izzie404
12-09-07, 04:13
Is it wrong that I feel nothing towards this event? While I acknowledge that there are those who died in the event, I don't feel sad for them. I believe that it is just because I am in acceptance of death, and I have my beliefs set in the eternal bliss, but I still can't help feel like I have the emotional range of a rock.. :( When I visited Ground Zero, I just looked at it as just another place... It didn't seem different to me, but like everything else.. For me, there is nothing to look back on, the past is always clearing, and the future is paving.

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 06:24
Is it wrong that I feel nothing towards this event? While I acknowledge that there are those who died in the event, I don't feel sad for them.I guess you could say that about someone dying of old age or something, but so many innocent people had their life taken from them at the hands of other people.

Most of the victims were fairly young too.

just croft
12-09-07, 13:33
I remember exactly where I was, what I was doing, even what I was wearing. There are some memories that time never fades.

Even tought I was only 8 years old at the time I remeber everything perfectly and how I first saw it on the news....