PDA

View Full Version : World War III

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 19:41
World War III is a predicted gigantic world war, which many see as imminent in the near future on the scale of World War I and II, or even larger.

I think the most stereotypical view of World War III (and probably the most likely to happen if there is a World War III), is a nuclear holocaust.

Just curious of when, where, how and why it will happen, that's if you believe it will happen.

Personally, I think it will be sometime in the next 100 years and will most likely be a nuclear war of some sort involving all of the nations of the world that have nuclear weapons. I believe the cause of this will most likely be some sort of raised tensions concerning nuclear weapons.

NOTE: This is quite a controversial topic so hopefully if things stay civil there will be no arguments therefore no reason for this thread to be closed. :)

scion05
12-09-07, 19:43
*shakes*

I dun wanna think about being blasted off the face of the earth :(

LOL

Angelus
12-09-07, 19:44
*shakes*

LOL

:vlol:

Same here. :p

CroftScionGuard
I heard that what will probably cause the World War III will be the potable water... I mean the lack of it!

Mad Tony
Might not be, you never know, it could be something more minor than what I suggested. :p

Cord_Croft
WW3, don't think it's that far away to be honest.

Would be intresting to think if with the stuff about Iraq/war on terror 'n' all, if people say in 40/50 years regard this as WW3?

da tomb raider!
12-09-07, 19:45
I reckon I'll be long dead before World War III starts...

MiCkiZ88
Not a cheery thread. Now is it. I'm not looking forwards to any war. Simply because I'd have to defend this crap hole. [/sarcasm]

Seriously. I don't even want to think about it. And I doubt there will be one soon. Unless something really drastic happens.

Mad Tony
WW3, don't think it's that far away to be honest.

Would be intresting to think if with the stuff about Iraq/war on terror 'n' all, if people say in 40/50 years regard this as WW3?Some people already believe that, if I recall rightly.

Personally I think it's too minor to be called a world war, but, each to their own.

scion05
12-09-07, 19:46
Might not be, you never know, it could be something more minor than what I suggested. :p

Hmmmmm, well we can safely say assasinating one of our world leaders
won't spark a war, more like WP1 ( world party 1 ) :vlol: :jmp: :p :jmp: :vlol:

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 19:47
won't spark a way, more like WP1 ( world party 1 ) :vlol: :jmp: :p :jmp: :vlol:Huh? :p

scion05
12-09-07, 19:49
1. Typo :p
2. The assasination of Franz Ferdinand ( Arch Duke of Austria-Hungary ) is
what sparked WW1, and i said i can't see it happening with any modern
day leader as everybody hates them, so people will probably be more happy
than sad if they die :D :p :jmp: :p :D

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 19:50
1. Typo :p
2. The assasination of Franz Ferdinand ( Arch Duke of Austria-Hungary ) is
what sparked WW1, and i said i can't see it happening with any modern
day leader as everybody hates them, so people will probably be more happy
than sad if they die :D :p :jmp: :p :DAah, thought you meant World War I. :p

Well, you're probably right there. :p

Greenkey2
12-09-07, 19:57
http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/sign0015.gif

Humanity is not known as a great learner from its past mistakes, so it would not surprise me in the least if a global war breaks out sometime in the future to rival any conflicts that have gone before.

Having said that this is such a gloomy topic I'm going off to find my stock of flower headbands, smilie badges and free-love kits to distribute against the possibility :p There can't be too much love in the world http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/love0059.gif

scion05
12-09-07, 19:58
Don't worry Jenni, the chances of too much love is out of the question anyway.... :p

Lavinder
12-09-07, 20:00
I know this sounds selfish, but I hope there are no disasters or wars in the world during my life :o

Ada the Mental
12-09-07, 20:01
Having said that this is such a gloomy topic I'm going off to find my stock of flower headbands, smilie badges and free-love kits to distribute against the possibility :p There can't be too much love in the world http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/love0059.gif
I think I'll join you...

This too depressing to even bother thinking about it.
I just hope I'll be long dead before a nuclear war starts.:p

Legend of Lara
12-09-07, 20:02
World War III? It's going on in my back yard right now. :D

I'd rather have a World Party! :D So, instead of killing for a couple years, DANCE for a couple years. :yah:

Rivendell
12-09-07, 20:04
Started 6 years ago didn't it?

CroftScionGuard
12-09-07, 20:05
Started 6 years ago didn't it?
I'm now lost!

Legend of Lara
12-09-07, 20:06
I'm now lost!

Ze Var on ze Terorr. :wve:

Mad Tony
I'm now lost!He's referring to the war on terror.

scion05
The war in Iraq dear :p

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 20:07
The war in Iraq dear :pNah, that started in 2003. :p

Greenkey2
12-09-07, 20:08
He's referring to the war on terror.

The war in Iraq dear :p

Except that war was never actually declared in the legal sense (incurring all sorts of trivial little details like the Geneva Convention) so technically this is still under the heading of 'conflict'.

I knew this topic would come up sooner or later, dammit :rolleyes:

scion05
12-09-07, 20:09
Sadly it's going to come up for years to come :( But we can live in hope :)

Dakaruch
12-09-07, 20:09
I think the most stereotypical view of World War III (and probably the most likely to happen if there is a World War III), is a nuclear holocaust.

wrong imo! nuclear stuff will have effects world wide and either the ones who start the war don't want to suffer that... imo it will be more like a cold war...
always developing new weapons, and another space run! but this time for colonization! and it seems that Russia developed a strong bomb like a nuclear one, but without the radiations effect... it's called a vacuum bomb... very effective...

Legend of Lara
12-09-07, 20:10
Sadly it's going to come up for years to come :( But we can live in hope :)

Let's live in hope for the World Party I to come, instead. :jmp:

CroftScionGuard
12-09-07, 20:10
He's referring to the war on terror.
thx:D

Anyway! IMO that war may cause the WW3 (not now!). In the future, as I said b4, potable water will be the cause of the War!

@Greenkey: Human Mind is deep! Don't think on hugs when humans may admit and learn with mistakes! Humans may learn with them, when in the next moment they can repeat the same mistake moments later!

paul123456
12-09-07, 20:12
I know this sounds selfish, but I hope there are no disasters or wars in the world during my life :o

Same, the thought of it terrifies me to behonest.

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 20:12
wrong imo! nuclear stuff will have effects world wide and either the ones who start the war don't want to suffer that... imo it will be more like a cold war...
always developing new weapons, and another space run! but this time for colonization! and it seems that Russia developed a strong bomb like a nuclear one, but without the radiations effect... it's called a vacuum bomb... very effective...A war like the cold war wouldn't really be a world "war" really would it?

Earthcane
12-09-07, 20:13
Hey. Interesting thread. I once watched a documentary which championed the theory that there never was a WWI or a WWII, just one, long, interlinked, "Great War."
When you think of it like that, If the Treaty of Versailles never happened, Hitler may not have come to power and there would have been no conflict.
(but thats just being technical.)

Some may argue that after 9/11, we are already hovering on the brink of a "world" war,
for oil. But lets not get into that.

I personally think that if there will be another World War, it would be one huge, inter-continental battle for the defence of Earth, against some tyrannical alien invasion.
Now that would be a war WORTH dying for.
Hey aliens, go pick on a planet your own size!!

( I watch waaaay too many movies. lol.)

CroftScionGuard
12-09-07, 20:15
I watch waaaay too many movies. lol.
:vlol:
Agreed

Legend of Lara
12-09-07, 20:16

It's not selfish. I bet almost everyone feels exactly the same. :hug:

Dakaruch
12-09-07, 20:17
A war like the cold war wouldn't really be a world "war" really would it?

well not exactly a "world" war! but none of the world wars was really world wide... nevermond...
what i meant with cold war was a "terror" war, more exactly a bloodless war, a war of technology;)
everyday new weapons, the space run, to see who is the one to conquer the new space stuff... the planet colonization! and if there is going to be a wwIII most certainly it will envolve europeans, americans and asians... and asians will probably win... with asians i mean China... sorry china folks, this is how i see it

Kerrigan
12-09-07, 20:34
Some may argue that after 9/11, we are already hovering on the brink of a "world" war,
for oil. But lets not get into that.

That's what I thought when I first saw the thread.
The thought of a new World War involving nuclear weapons is really disturbing.But besides what's going on now, which I think could be qualified as a cold war, I suppose nothing as big as a world war could happen in the near future, meaning about 100 years from now.Or so I hope.

Geck-o-Lizard
12-09-07, 20:34
Personally I doubt there will be a third world war - at least nothing on the scale of WWI and WWII. We learned our lesson and put up defenses to prevent it from happening again.

I have a friend though who reckons China is on the verge of invasion to procure more land for its citizens, and when (read: if) they decided to swarm en-masse into another territory, the conflict would affect and involve the rest of the world...

'Course I reckon she's blethering again. :)

Quiver.
12-09-07, 20:38
well...bush is stepping down next year so I have hope that it won't come so far in the next few years...

jarhead
12-09-07, 20:41
I think it'll be like the cold war. Theres so much technology nodays, a war might aswell be fought through computers and sabotage rather then invasion and bloodshed

Dakaruch
12-09-07, 20:45
I think it'll be like the cold war. Theres so much technology nodays, a war might aswell be fought through computers and sabotage rather then invasion and bloodshed

exactly my point, but it seems that some don't understand that...

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 20:47
exactly my point, but it seems that some don't understand that...If you're referring to me, then I understand, I just don't think you can really class it as a World War if something like that happens.

Maybe we misunderstood each other.

Dakaruch
12-09-07, 20:53
If you're referring to me, then I understand, I just don't think you can really class it as a World War if something like that happens.

Maybe we misunderstood each other.

well i was refering to you, but yes you're right... it wont be a "world" war... but if we analize, all the other WW were not as well... it was a semi world war...
and the most probably thing is that the next world war if that is going to happen, it will be a technology war, a fear war, a "cold" war... that's what i meant ;)

Lenochka
12-09-07, 21:13
War is such a terrible thing... I personally hope that there will not be another war, That we will just kinda find ways to work things out. People can be civil if they actually try. Its almost like the world is being run by 2nd graders who don't understand the concept of getting along yet.

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 21:18
War is such a terrible thingI disagree somewhat with that statement. Obviously, war on the most part isn't good. But if the nations of the world had let the Nazi's walk all over them without trying to fight back (and causing a war) then the Nazi's would've most likely ended up conquering the world.

War is sometimes necessary IMO. In the case of World War II, it was for the best.

Dakaruch
12-09-07, 21:23
I disagree somewhat with that statement. Obviously, war on the most part isn't good. But if the nations of the world had let the Nazi's walk all over them without trying to fight back (and causing a war) then the Nazi's would've most likely ended up conquering the world.

War is sometimes necessary IMO. In the case of World War II, it was for the best.

yes you're right... sometimes we need to battle and start wars, to defend our liberty! you don't want to be conquered by tiranes don't you lenoshka?
because of don't wanting that sometimes wars start... do you think that it is right what Hitled did to the jewish people? he killed millions of people for no reason, only for his sadistic pleasure... the WWII was perhaps the battle for the freedom of mankind!

interstellardave
12-09-07, 21:32
yes you're right... sometimes we need to battle and start wars, to defend our liberty! you don't want to be conquered by tiranes don't you lenoshka?
because of don't wanting that sometimes wars start... do you think that it is right what Hitled did to the jewish people? he killed millions of people for no reason, only for his sadistic pleasure... the WWII was perhaps the battle for the freedom of mankind!

Yet Mankind was not freed, ultimately more people were less free after the war than before it--and the spectre of Nuclear Holocaust quickly spread fear to all corners of the world. War rarely has good consequences... in fact the seeds of WW2 were sown by the heavy-handedness of the victors of WW1.

Dakaruch
12-09-07, 21:35
Yet Mankind was not freed, ultimately more people were less free after the war than before it--and the spectre of Nuclear Holocaust quickly spread fear to all corners of the world. War rarely has good consequences... in fact the seeds of WW2 were sown by the heavy-handness of the victors of WW1.

well we will never be really "freed"... it is just a strange concept, the whole concept of liberty!
although i said this and will say it again, WWII was good to free us from the evil and sadistic views of Hitler...

tranniversary119
12-09-07, 21:50
I honestly hope this doesn't happen in any of our life times. No offense the future generation. That's creepy though. Lets hope this doesn't happen!

Little-Lara
12-09-07, 21:54
I have a friend though who reckons China is on the verge of invasion to procure more land for its citizens, and when (read: if) they decided to swarm en-masse into another territory, the conflict would affect and involve the rest of the world...

What about the territory of Tibet?

Twilight
12-09-07, 21:58
a really good way to prevent world war 3, is to unite the world and take care of earth. have all countries unite, just because oceans separate us, doesnt mean we arent all humans.
the government has to change.
and there should only be about 2 children made. cuz at this rate, there wont be enough food and space for evryone.
besides that VERY law^, the gov shouldnt bother with personal affairs: who u marry, ur race, what u do with an unborn child, and ur sexual orientation.

AND, all weapons that can destroy earth should be removed Immediatly. why hav something so dangerous that it can kill everyone?

i think "the end of the world as u know it" that was predicted, isnt completly bad. think about it, what is the world as u kno it? the society is full of turmoil, the little changes arent enough. how do u kno that the "end of the world AS U KNO IT" means things will be better? maybe itll be a better place to live in. it probly means the end of religion and war. i'm sorry if ive offended u, u can hav ur beliefs, but Religion itself is tearing ppl apart.

Lenochka
12-09-07, 22:44

Yeah i see what you mean, I should have thought a bit more before posting... I just kinda reject war as a reflex now xD

Tomb Raider Master
13-09-07, 13:35
I have more important things to occupy myself with rather than this. I absolutely hate war.

danitiwa
13-09-07, 14:02
Hopefully never, you know Ben I get the impression you're looking foward to this... :confused:

Bowie
13-09-07, 14:38
War begins in the minds of everyday people, such as those who are your neighbours, your friends, your family and even yourselves; and war is declared through a lack of trust and respect.

It is no different for those everyday people who have found power.

We are all guilty of World War III until every single one of us declares war on mistrust and disrespect.

Dakaruch
13-09-07, 16:49
Hopefully never, you know Ben I get the impression you're looking foward to this... :confused:

no he isn't... although dani, this might become true... i hope not, because we all would suffer much!
if this ever happens the most sure thing is that it will involve americans, europeans and asians(more specifically china)!
china is growing and developing way too fast... soon their territory will not be enough for them and they will look for expansion...
they are more than 1/3 of the world population...
they are consuming fuel like mads, because their industries is at a very early stage, so since they "destroy" lots of fuel every day, the WWIII probably will be a war because of fuel, or maybe water if the water problems worldwide continue...

Mad Tony
13-09-07, 16:50
Hopefully never, you know Ben I get the impression you're looking foward to this... :confused:Of course I'm not looking forward to World War III (if it should occur). Why would you think that? :confused:

petujaymz
13-09-07, 17:49
Wales, Canada and Norway will be fine during World War III.

Nobody knows they exist.

:wve:

vespertea
13-09-07, 19:50
I try my best not to think about war.

It's said that war is necessary at times, but I don't like the idea of dying for or being apart of any such war. I'd rather save my life than hand it over to be lost in the innumerable death tolls of war.

Nord_the_raider
13-09-07, 20:07
I fully support a nuclear war, everything should be bombed so we can return to our old roots. Modern society has become to weak and too dependant on tehnology and have no survival skills. If world war III is nucluer, then a new cycle can be born, people will unify with their own kindred to fight for survival, kind of like those post-apocalyptic films

vespertea
13-09-07, 20:13
I fully support a nuclear war, everything should be bombed so we can return to our old roots. Modern society has become to weak and too dependant on tehnology and have no survival skills. If world war III is nucluer, then a new cycle can be born, people will unify with their own kindred to fight for survival, kind of like those post-apocalyptic films

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9414/facepalm5gx4.png

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Nord_the_raider
13-09-07, 20:16
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9414/facepalm5gx4.png

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

:confused: Arnt you clever, making so sense.

vespertea
13-09-07, 20:17
:confused: Arnt you clever, making so sense.

Forget it. (did you mean "no" sense? or "so much" sense? Either way, that's ironic. :p)

disapearing-boy
13-09-07, 20:19
This is an interesting topic.. so kudos to the starter regardless as to how 'bleak' it is or whatever others said.. the world isn't all sunshine and lollipops you know...

Well if there is a World War 3 then I hope at least it is worth fighting for.. and more importantly... worth dying for if that's possible. WW2 was worth fighting for because of tyranny and oppression... WW1 was the most pointless war ever and basically several countries got together to see who had the larger dick. Millions of young men died for no reason, for no great and noble cause.

But more than likely oil or territorial rages will do it. Or potable water as someone said....... people don't realise what a big issue that will be.. the earth is warming whether naturally (as happens throughout history) or unnaturally (i do enviromental physics in College and alot of the damage is man-made.. and it frustrates me when people don't believe in global warming).. many lakes and streams will dry up in some areas and others will be flooded from too much rain and raising sea levels.

To prevent world war, the U.N needs to be able to stand up to the world powers (there are enough small countries in it) and if that fails then hopefully gays still can't serve in the military 'cos i'll be flamming!!!!!!:D:D:D

Gregori
14-09-07, 02:28
Good God I hope a World War III never happens! It would truely be the war to end all wars.
Nuclear weapons would ensure that everybody get wiped out. I also doubt such a war would take place. Most wars in th future are going to be of the variety of a powerful industrial millitary nation picking on a third world country with high tech advance weapons. Simply, they'll be accused of harbouring or supporting terrorists (Used to be communists - but that doesn't wash anymore with the public), then they'll be bombed to ****. Most wars since WWII have been of this type.

Also the U.N can't stand up to the world powers because the Veto Power of the five permanent members of the security coucil allows the powerful nations to dominate the weak.

Draco
14-09-07, 02:30
Pfft, WW3 will be between corporations...not nations.

Gregori
14-09-07, 02:43
Pfft, WW3 will be between corporations...not nations.

Thats dumb **** they sell people in sci-fi with little relationship to the real world.

Coporations aren't really big enemies of each other. The populous/consumers are the common enemy of coroprations. It is the consumers who are trying to drive down prices. Corporations also would have no chance of surviving without being propped up by a nation state. Without a nation state they have no legal protection, they're abilty to survive economically would severly handicapped.

Pfttt, in the unlikely event of a WWIII, it will probably involve China, US and Middle East states

Draco
14-09-07, 02:48
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Gregori
14-09-07, 02:50
You have no idea what you are talking about.

And you have even less, so it seems.

Draco
14-09-07, 02:52
If you are content to be oblivious to business and how economies work, that's your option. But you should know, it does mean you don't know what you are talking about.

aquaflute
14-09-07, 02:53
:DThis may sound weird: I wish it to start after my death and I wish I can have al least one decendant that survives this war if it must happen. Just carry my wonderful gene to the next generation!

Draco
14-09-07, 02:55
:DThis may sound weird: I wish it to start after my death and I wish I can have al least one decendant that survives this war if it must happen. Just carry my wonderful gene to the next generation!

That is ultimately the goal of all life.

Gregori
14-09-07, 02:57
If you are content to be oblivious to business and how economies work, that's your option. But you should know, it does mean you don't know what you are talking about.

Same applies much more so to you. Don't pretend to "know how" economies buisnesses or anything works. You are either bluffing and blustering like a fool or just completely ignorant of it.

Draco
14-09-07, 03:34
Same applies much more so to you. Don't pretend to "know how" economies buisnesses or anything works. You are either bluffing and blustering like a fool or just completely ignorant of it.

K