PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ramadan to everyone !

raiderfun
12-09-07, 20:54
Hey folks, :)
Tomorrow is Ramadan (a holy month to all the muslims :D ) , it's 30 days where we should not eat or drink anything from the sunshine till the sunset . :)

So, Happy Ramadane to everyone !!! :)

peffect
12-09-07, 20:57
Aw, thank you, Badr! :hug:

Happy Ramadan to everyone, here!

Pssst, it's not just fasting from food. ;)

raiderfun
12-09-07, 21:00
Ah you welcome Mohamed :tmb: :)

Here is the previous's year ramadan thread : :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=75126&highlight=ramadan

jamieoliver22
12-09-07, 21:06
So you can only eat at night? Or am I wrong? Wouldn't that just mess up your body somewhat?

And I am just asking/saying - I aren't taking the mick out of their religion or anything.

peffect
12-09-07, 21:07
From the sunset 'till the dawn of the day after.

And no, nothing would mess up our bodies. ;)

Thorir
12-09-07, 21:08
Oh, I would have been a lousy muslim...

*Has drink*

trXD
thankies:D
Happy ranadam to you to

raiderfun
Yup, it's actually from the sunset till the morning, so we take our (breakfast) , hours after, we dinn, or also there are some people who wake up just before the sunshine to eat something, then they sleep and finally they wake up in he morning, so they fast during all the day till the sunset ! :) ;)

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 21:11
And no, nothing would mess up our bodies. ;)
I dunno though, not eating from dawn until dusk is pretty bad, don't you ever feel really weak?

trXD
12-09-07, 21:12
I dunno though, not eating from dawn until dusk is pretty bad, don't you ever feel really weak?

Its a lifestyle people they get used to it. And it dosent matter when you eat it just matters how much you eat and what you eat

Thorir
12-09-07, 21:13

No, its not like fasting (24 hours-weeks) without food.

Ketosis occurs 2-3 days without any food, so Ramadan isnt unhealthy for healthy people.

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 21:14
Its a lifestyle people they get used to it. And it dosent matter when you eat it just matters how much you eat and what you eatIt does matter when you eat, actually. Ever wondered why it's not good to skip breakfast?

@Thorir: I know it's not for 24 hours, but from personal experience if I don't have much during the day (day, not evening or early morning) then I end up feeling pretty sick and weak.

peffect
12-09-07, 21:23

It's not that bad. Really not.
There are people starving all over the world. THIS is pretty bad.
One of Ramadan's goals is to make people feel what others feel.

trXD
12-09-07, 21:28
It does matter when you eat, actually. Ever wondered why it's not good to skip breakfast?

Thats because over our years of living we adapted a certain times to eat so we got used to them. The same applys if your born eating at night

Little-Lara
12-09-07, 21:31
Happy Ramadan... :D

Hmm, maybe I'll make a Ramadan card for TRF. :jmp:

raiderfun
12-09-07, 21:31

In fact, it's a question of mentality, everything depend on you, kids of course are not obliged to fast, but teenagers have to. Even though, you can find some adults who can not fast (because it's too hard for them so they give up ) , also the sick people aren't obliged to fast, as you can find very young people (such as me, 15 years old) who can fast all the day without any problem, the proof, I fasted during ramadan when I was 9 years old . :D As I mentionned above it's just a question of mentality and moral . :)

Mad Tony
12-09-07, 21:33
In fact, it's a question of mentality, everything depend on you, kids of course are not obliged to fast, but teenagers have to. Eve though, you can find some adults who can not fast (because it's too hard for them so they give) , also the sick people aren't obliged to fast, as you can find very young people (such as me, 15 years old) who can fast all the without any problem, the proof, I fasted during ramadan when I was 9 years old . :D As I mentionned above it's just a question of mentality and moral . :)Ok, I'll take it from you that Ramadan obviously doesn't do any harm to those participating providing they're healthy. :)

raiderfun
12-09-07, 21:41
Ok, I'll take it from you that Ramadan obviously doesn't do any harm to those participating providing they're healthy. :)

Exactly ! ;)

But Ramadan encourages also people to stop eating a lot (which is my case :vlol: :vlol: ) , so basically we'll have 2 meals a day instead of the usual 4 meals in the normal days. ;) :)

Shrantellatessa
13-09-07, 03:18
Ramadan Kareem to all Muslims in the forum and in the whole world :)

ShadyCroft
13-09-07, 09:25
NOWAY!! There are arabs and muslims here ?! I just noticed there's a guy from Morocco. I'm from Jordan (Middle east) but am christian. I was shocked there were arabs like me here who like Tomb Raider. I CANT FIND SOMEONE IN MY COUNTRY WHO LOVES TOMB RAIDER LIKE ME! lol
Yes, muslims here fast from dawn to dusk...I tried it once cause of my friends. It was ok, I didnt suffer or anything, but thats because I tried it for one day only. There is a disadvantage to that (it depends on the style you're following) most people here hold their hunger till dusk then when they eat, they eat huge quantities which make them either sleepy, too full to move, etc. It happens with my friends all the time; they always complain when theres an exam the next day, they say before dinner they cant study because they would be hungry they wouldnt concentrate well, and after dinner they'd be too full to study. Am not bashing Islam, as a matter of fact, the reason for this attitude is the style alot follow when they finally have their meal at dusk. Eating reasonably wont lead to anything fo this sort.

Oh and Happy Ramadan for all my fellow muslims.

Lol! ok, am done! I just wanted to say afew things noticed in Jordan. Ramadan is pretty a bad time for universities here, not to mention exams.

Alex Fly
13-09-07, 09:34
Happy Ramadan to you ! :wve:

NemesisxAngelus
13-09-07, 10:04
Happy Ramadan to the Muslim members of TRF :wve:

Mr.Burns
13-09-07, 11:25
Have a safe and fulfilling (spiritually) Ramadan my friends. :wve:

Zelda master
13-09-07, 12:03
Thanx guys... im at school now and some people are really teasing me with food:o
Aww well i can do the same after this month...:D

nicola1986
13-09-07, 12:14
Happy Ramadan to the Muslim members :wve:

troy tr
13-09-07, 12:33
Happy Ramadhan everyone. I'm doing quite well for the first day of fasting, I don't really feel a thing.;)

raiderfun
13-09-07, 13:16
NOWAY!! There are arabs and muslims here ?! I just noticed there's a guy from Morocco. I'm from Jordan (Middle east) but am christian. I was shocked there were arabs like me here who like Tomb Raider. I CANT FIND SOMEONE IN MY COUNTRY WHO LOVES TOMB RAIDER LIKE ME! lol
Yes, muslims here fast from dawn to dusk...I tried it once cause of my friends. It was ok, I didnt suffer or anything, but thats because I tried it for one day only. There is a disadvantage to that (it depends on the style you're following) most people here hold their hunger till dusk then when they eat, they eat huge quantities which make them either sleepy, too full to move, etc. It happens with my friends all the time; they always complain when theres an exam the next day, they say before dinner they cant study because they would be hungry they wouldnt concentrate well, and after dinner they'd be too full to study. Am not bashing Islam, as a matter of fact, the reason for this attitude is the style alot follow when they finally have their meal at dusk. Eating reasonably wont lead to anything fo this sort.

Oh and Happy Ramadan for all my fellow muslims.

Lol! ok, am done! I just wanted to say afew things noticed in Jordan. Ramadan is pretty a bad time for universities here, not to mention exams.

Yup, it's me who's from Morocco, there's also peffect who is from Algeria ;)
Don't be so impressed, I have many many friends who're addicted to TR. ;) And there are a lot of arab/muslims who like TR . Finally, Ramdan isn't that hard, how is your day guys ? :)

Thanks everyone for wishing a good ramdan to us :)

Shrantellatessa
13-09-07, 13:29
Yup, it's me who's from Morocco, there's also peffect who is from Algeria ;)
Don't be so impressed, I have many many friends who're addicted to TR. ;) And there are a lot of arab/muslims who like TR . Finally, Ramdan isn't that hard, how is your day guys ? :)

Thanks everyone for wishing a good ramdan to us :)

Oh Really!
I'm also from Morocco, but I'm a girl, so I'm a girl from Morocco who likes playing Tomb Raider :D

3washrek Mebrouka by the way :)

Zelda master
13-09-07, 13:51
Finally, Ramdan isn't that hard, how is your day guys ? :)

So true... however i forgot it and drank some tea:o
I always have that the first several days :p

peffect
13-09-07, 15:47
So true... however i forgot it and drank some tea:o "Forgot",... :pi:

My first day's going quite well. The morning with the PSP, the afternoon with some Maths, and now 'till the sunset with the PC! :D

Catapharact
13-09-07, 15:53
It does matter when you eat, actually. Ever wondered why it's not good to skip breakfast?

@Thorir: I know it's not for 24 hours, but from personal experience if I don't have much during the day (day, not evening or early morning) then I end up feeling pretty sick and weak.

If you have a medical condition that requires you to have a strong intake of food through out the day then obviously you're excused. Not to mention fasting isn't mandatory upon the person until they reach the age of 14. And its only from dusk till dawn. True that it might take your system to get used to the new eating schedule but its not overly harmful in the way you're trying to say it is.

Grenade
13-09-07, 15:54
Happy Ramadan to fellow Muslim TRF members. :wve:

Tomorrow is when I start fasting. :)

raiderfun
14-09-07, 20:41
Oh Really!
I'm also from Morocco, but I'm a girl, so I'm a girl from Morocco who likes playing Tomb Raider :D

3washrek Mebrouka by the way :)

WHAT ? You're from Morocco :yik::yik:

Never seen someone Moroccan here before (except me lol :p)

Oh God, this Ramdan started with school, they say was a bit long, and the weather was sunny :p , what about the others ?

raiderfun
14-09-07, 20:53
So true... however i forgot it and drank some tea:o
I always have that the first several days :p

Huh, what ? Forgot ?

You must refast those days :p

Dark Lugia 2
14-09-07, 20:57
Thankyou raiderfun! :D I enjoyed the start of it, thanks :D it felt great ^__^
happy ramadam to everyone! :D
@Mad tony, I never feel weak during ramadan :) and i'm 14 ^_^..

raiderfun
14-09-07, 20:59
Thankyou raiderfun! :D I enjoyed the start of it, thanks :D it felt great ^__^

Oh, cool ; I didn't know you were muslim, where are you from though ? :)

Dark Lugia 2
14-09-07, 21:00
I'm from England :D I have parents who are from pakistan though :D I did'nt know you were muslim either :D nice to know! :) So how was your first day of the fasting? ^_^

raiderfun
14-09-07, 21:04
I'm from England :D I have parents who are from pakistan though :D I did'nt know you were muslim either :D nice to know! :) So how was your first day of the fasting? ^_^

Okay, It was pretty awesome, wasn't too hard at all, but unfortunately the day at school was very long :o We worked from 9:00 Am till 12:00 PM , then from 12:30 till 14:00 :p , but when I returned at home I was just like K.O so slept till the sunset, then mummy woke me up to eat. That's it ! :)

What about you ? :)

Dark Lugia 2
14-09-07, 21:07
Cool! :D Well, I woke up early to eat, then went back to sleep and 3 hours later i woke up fresh and ready for school :D for six hours, came home and was on the comp, then went out to my mates house and came home for fasting :D I like it how I dont feel hungry when i'm doing it, i used to always feel hungry :p

Sedge
14-09-07, 21:07
When my parents visited Israel(before I was born) they tried Ramadan also and thought it was a nice experience, huge feasts at nights and sleeping during day-time.. I'd like to try something like that also. :D Happy Ramadan! ^_^

raiderfun
14-09-07, 21:11
Cool! :D Well, I woke up early to eat, then went back to sleep and 3 hours later i woke up fresh and ready for school :D for six hours, came home and was on the comp, then went out to my mates house and came home for fasting :D I like it how I dont feel hungry when i'm doing it, i used to always feel hungry :p

Ah nice as I can see :)

When my parents visited Israel(before I was born) they tried Ramadan also and thought it was a nice experience, huge feasts at nights and sleeping during day-time.. I'd like to try something like that also. :D Happy Ramadan! ^_^

You mean not eating anything during a day, not fasting, because fasting concerns muslims only ! ;)

Sedge
14-09-07, 21:19
You mean not eating anything during a day, not fasting, because fasting concerns muslims only ! ;)
Ah yes, that's what I meant. :) :D

raiderfun
14-09-07, 21:26
Ah yes, that's what I meant. :) :D

No Problem ! ;) :)

Zelda master
14-09-07, 22:04
Huh, what ? Forgot ?

You must refast those days :p

Yeah i know... its not that bad... just one day :)

raiderfun
14-09-07, 23:11
Yeah i know... its not that bad... just one day :)

Yup no problem ;)

But do not forget that if someone planned to fast and eated while the day , he MUST either give money to 60 people , or fast 2 sustained months ! ;)

ivannnnn
16-09-07, 14:36
HAPPY RAMADAN to MUSLIMS!! :wve:

I'm so happy this year i get school off for a month :vlol:

peffect
16-09-07, 14:49
15:50

Still three hours and 10 minutes to Dusk and yet, I'm so hungry and tired...

*Weird sounds coming from his belly*

ivannnnn
16-09-07, 14:50
15:50

Still three hours and 10 minutes to Dusk and yet, I'm so hungry and tired...

*Weird sounds coming from his belly*
Poor you... we already had a meal :p

Reggie
16-09-07, 14:50
Doesn't feel like so long ago since you started last year's Ramadan celebration thread, Raiderfun - how time flies eh?

Happy Ramadan :)

peffect
16-09-07, 14:51
Poor you... we already had a meal :p

:(

You can't imagine how delicious the Kitchen is smelling right now!

ivannnnn
16-09-07, 14:55
C'mon!! Be patient!! It's sinful to eat,even to smell food

peffect
16-09-07, 15:01
C'mon!! Be patient!! It's sinful to eat,even to smell food

It's the smell that's coming right to my noze! :p

But when it's a hot day, and you come back home from a shocking exam, it's naturally hard not to feel, tired and hungry/thirsty.

ivannnnn
16-09-07, 15:03
Exam at school? :confused: Oh,we have school off for a month :p

peffect
16-09-07, 15:07
Exam at school? :confused: Oh,we have school off for a month :p

Catching-up exams. I've failed some subjects during last year... :whi:

ivannnnn
16-09-07, 15:30
Oh you then a *censored* student :whi: :D

Forever_Laras_56
16-09-07, 15:31
:Dhappy Ramadan to every one!!

yah i have a cusin and she old like in her40s idk but her bf is muslum(im so sorry if i dident spell that right:()and he celabrating this i think its really cool!

MUN33B
16-09-07, 15:37
*jumps into thread*

Happy Ramadan everyone! :D I am fasting also :D.

peffect
16-09-07, 16:18
Oh you then a *censored* student :whi: :D

Haha! But I always prefered being called a neglectfull. ;)

Happy Ramadan, MUN33B! :wve:

peffect
11-10-07, 11:44
Today is maybe the last day of Ramdan (depends upon the sight of the moon) otherwise, I'll have to fast one more day before Ad Al-Fitr comes! :D
This year's Ramadan wasn't more difficult than last year's one. Though, the thirst had its part from me. :D

Anyone found this year's fasting, hard?

tomblover
11-10-07, 11:46
Happy Ramadan! :D (Be sure to eat lots at midnight, so we don't find your dead bodies somewhere.)

peffect
11-10-07, 11:53
Happy Ramadan! :D (Be sure to eat lots at midnight, so we don't find your dead bodies somewhere.)

We have what we call Sah'our. It's a meal we take right before Dawn. But I don't wake up for it (you can guess why :p). Generally I eat before I go to sleep. So yeah, I eat lots at midnight. ;)

ivannnnn
11-10-07, 11:53
The end of Ramadan is near. No need to say that except Happy Eid Al-Fitr :D :wve:

tomblover
11-10-07, 12:06
The end of Ramadan is near. No need to say that except Happy Eid Al-Fitr :D :wve: :D

Grenade
11-10-07, 12:18
Our whole class in college gets the day off tomorrow, courtesy of my teacher! :D

ivannnnn
11-10-07, 12:32
Our whole class in college gets the day off tomorrow, courtesy of my teacher! :D

So he's a Muslim? :)

Rivendell
11-10-07, 12:34
My brother in law, sister and niece are celebrating Eid Al-Fitr on Saturday - we're all going out for a meal as it co-incides with my birthday. :D

raiderfun
11-10-07, 13:24
It was a bit hard for me this year , dunno why. Each time I get back from school I fall into my bed K.O , and I sleep till the Ftour. And while the day, I get really tired, especially when we study some real boring subjects. :tea:

Grenade
11-10-07, 13:27
So he's a Muslim? :)
Yes he is. :) I myself am too, and about half the class. The teacher said, it would be better for all to have a day off rather than half the people coming in, because it would be a waste of time repeating things. :D

raiderfun
11-10-07, 13:33
Yes he is. :) I myself am too, and about half the class. The teacher said, it would be better for all to have a day off rather than half the people coming in, because it would be a waste of time repeating things. :D

So it's the teacher who choose not to study , I thought it was the direction :confused:

ivannnnn
11-10-07, 13:37

Of course. :D
I bet you're no Arab.

It was a bit hard for me this year , dunno why. Each time I get back from school I fall into my bed K.O , and I sleep till the Ftour. And while the day, I get really tired, especially when we study some real boring subjects. :tea:

And luck just come to me! :jmp:

raiderfun
11-10-07, 13:42
And luck just come to me! :jmp:

That's what I call more than Lucky ! :p

rowanlim
11-10-07, 14:01
happy ramadhan to all!! :hug:

in malaysia, its selamat hari aidilfitri (translate: safe day aidilfitri, we go around the words here) ;)

half the university students hav gone bak, puasa (fastin) is one of the best times coz

1. the cafeteria opens late into the nite & thats when we get cracking
2. classes are shorter, i get to indulge in longer naps
3. i get into the fasting mood although im not a muslim & i lose some (jus some) weight
4. food has always been abundant in malaysia but when they buka puasa (break fast), its OVER THE TOP, lucky me :ton:

so hav a great holiday every one!!!! cheers!!! :jmp:

star girl
11-10-07, 14:05

There was a Ramadan thread?

Sorry guys, I never noticed.. :vlol: I was away (in Saudi Arabia) if anyone remembers :o

For me, it was an awesome Ramadan because my BIRTHDAY CAME IN THIS MONTH!! :jmp: And I gave a LOT of money to the poor, THAT was my birthday gift.. :o

In PK, Eid is on Sat/Sunday.. And it's my first Eid here.. :eek: I dont even KNOW about how we practice here :vlol: Now I see that most of the fun is during the small Eid :D

Happy EId to all, and I hope everyone is successful here and after death.. :)

Grenade
11-10-07, 14:12
So it's the teacher who choose not to study , I thought it was the direction :confused:

No, we only abou about 20 people in one class. And we only have that class, it's easier for him and us. I don't see why people who are celebrating Eid on that day should be forced to come in. :)

Of course. :D
I bet you're no Arab.
LOL. No I'm not. :D I was born in England, but my parents are from Pakistan, well my dad was raised here. :)

star girl
11-10-07, 15:39
/\ Can you speak Urdu? :D

It's Eid (on Friday) in Saudi Arabia! Moon's been sighted!! :jmp: Congrats Saudis! :tmb: Have a great Eid! :)

peffect
11-10-07, 16:15
Here, I think, it's going to be in Staurday. But I still would like it was in Friday.

Anyone has bought new, nice cloths for this occasion? :tea:
I'm 21, I think I'm not into buying cloths for Ad El-fitr, anymore.

Fish.
11-10-07, 16:55
I'm not Muslim, but eh what the hell! Happy Ramadan to everyone! :hug:

petujaymz
11-10-07, 16:58
Are you saying I'm religion?

:wve:

da tomb raider!
11-10-07, 17:03
I'm not Muslim myself, but Happy Ramadan to everyone here who is. :wve:

Grenade
11-10-07, 17:10
/\ Can you speak Urdu? :D

It's Eid (on Friday) in Saudi Arabia! Moon's been sighted!! :jmp: Congrats Saudis! :tmb: Have a great Eid! :)

No I can't speak it well. I only know a few words, and I can understand it when someone speaks it rather than saying it myself. :o My parents can speak it though, and my older brother, they also speak Punjabi. :)

That's great, have a great Eid for those celebrating on Friday! :tmb:

I dunno when it's Eid here. :o

Are you saying I'm religion?

Sorry I don't know what you mean.

Dark Lugia 2
11-10-07, 17:14
Omg Eid's on saturday for us that live in europe! :D Last day of fasting tomorrow, goonna be enjoyable! ^_^ Happy ramadan guys :D

petujaymz
11-10-07, 17:16
Sorry I don't know what you mean.

Ignore me; I'm just being a knob.

Happy Ramadan Everyone!

Grenade
11-10-07, 17:28
Omg Eid's on saturday for us that live in europe! :D Last day of fasting tomorrow, goonna be enjoyable! ^_^ Happy ramadan guys :D

Yay, that's awesome! :D I'm gonna have fun! :tmb: :jmp:

Ignore me; I'm just being a knob.

Happy Ramadan Everyone!

Oh LOL, okay! :p

Dark Lugia 2
12-10-07, 15:11
Yay, that's awesome! :D I'm gonna have fun! :tmb: :jmp:

Oh LOL, okay! :p
Won't we all! :jmp: :D and to everyone who lives in asia HAPPY EID! :D
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q162/Dark_lugia_2/eidmabarak.png
:8} :D

Gabi
12-10-07, 16:38
Happy Eid to all of you who celebrate it :)