PDA

View Full Version : They force me to install it!

Lady_Nelly
12-09-07, 23:10
Everything worked fine like an hour ago and now when i try to sign in to msn..a message pops up saying that "you must install latest msn live messenger to continue".i dont want to install it, but i dont have any other option.if i click "no" then it wont let me to sign it.
i know a lot about msn live, have tried it on my friends pc's - dont like it at all.it slows your pc down and its "too" easy, it has stupid useless stuff in it.
so how can i pass this thing!?does any of you experience the same thing right now??

or do i really have to install it!? :mad:

Dakaruch
12-09-07, 23:12
if you want to use recent versions, yes you need to install it, if you don't want to use new versions, use the 7.0 vesrion or something like that and you won't have those troubles ;)

Lady_Nelly
12-09-07, 23:13
i am using 7.0..i have always used it.it wont let me to use it anymore..stupid microsoft

Gloriosa
12-09-07, 23:18
Youíre not the only one whoís just got this message. Iíve been using messenger 7 or 7.5 for ages now, and hate windows live. And now it says we have to install windows live to continue. Great, thatís cheered me up.

Can anyone recommend a good alternative messenger program thingybob (not yahoo though)?
:o

Dakaruch
12-09-07, 23:19
i am using 7.0..i have always used it.it wont let me to use it anymore..stupid microsoft

i'm using 7.0 and they don't bother me... do you often go to the MSN homepage?

Lady_Nelly
12-09-07, 23:26
do i often go to msn webpage - what!?
im not talking about webpage and stuff im talking about the message what just poped up..try to sign out Dakaruch and sign in again, see if u can

Lady_Nelly
12-09-07, 23:33
i just installed Live :hea: i hate it

Tihocan9
12-09-07, 23:37

then uninstall it if you hate it

Lady_Nelly
12-09-07, 23:41
have you read my upper post?

aquaflute
12-09-07, 23:55
they are forcing me to do it as well!!!! and I don't like it either!!!!

Anubis_AF
13-09-07, 00:06
Same problem..

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-09-07, 00:08
Me too. This is ****ing me off beyond belief.

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 00:10
I have so many contacts there and almost all my friends use msn, so i dont want to install some yahoo etc messenger.
so i just installed Live...really we should sue them for that! :D

Lenochka
13-09-07, 00:10
Me too. This is ****ing me off beyond belief.

Me too! Msn are trying to keep us apart ; - ;

I had no problems when i started up, I wonder if its only affecting certain versions of msn...

Do you really dislike it that much!? Tis perfection X.X Sure it takes some getting use to... but i really cant see myself being able to switch back to the old MSN tbh.

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-09-07, 00:11
My computer's too slow to even download live or whatever they're trying to force us to get... This is so ridiculous. How can I complain to MSN? :rolleyes:

Legends
13-09-07, 00:12
This is stupid, I don't want a newer version..

I'm installing it now.. Let's see how it is. :rolleyes:

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 00:14
www.msn.com maybe?i dont know, but we should send emails.
They are doing the same with Windows XP, soon we will be forced to install Vista cause they will not support XP in 2008 anymore, no updates..nothing..and i dislike Vista and Live msn, i have tried them..i just hate it how they make newer things too shiny, too simple..its just stupid..i should just go back using Linux.

So Live has been on my pc for 15 minutes now..and i dont like it at all, and i doubt will i like it tomorrow..

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-09-07, 00:20
They are doing the same with Windows XP, soon we will be forced to install Vista cause they will not support XP in 2008 anymore, no updates..nothing..

Seriously? I'm doomed.

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 00:21
yes..here's even a thread somewhere about that.

i think it's this one: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=103598

the thing about XP and Vista is not in the beginning..so you have to search it..

bloodstormaoa
13-09-07, 00:24
I ain't having this problem at all :confused:

Is this a completely new version?

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 00:27
Only people who have 7 or 7.5 have this problem (i think), go to your MSN and check what version you have:

Help -> About Messenger (and if you click it, then you can see the version)

Yes MSN Live is the latest version you can read about it here www.msn.com you should click there Messenger.

bloodstormaoa
13-09-07, 00:34
Ahhhh, I have 8.1.

aquaflute
13-09-07, 00:39
now i got it and it's identical to the previous version, why all the trouble!!!!

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 00:42
now i got it and it's identical to the previous version, why all the trouble!!!!

it slows ur pc down, takes a lot more RAM etc.

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-09-07, 00:46
Mine's STILL loading!

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 00:50
xMiSsCrOfTx - i really like your avatar, do you know who this girl is?

lita212
13-09-07, 01:24
i got the same msg too at first i thought it was an error so i came on here and saw this thread and was relieved that it wasnt my comp messing up
the new version isnt as good as the other. also it keeps signing me out every few mins oh well i only use it for my email anyways lol

NemesisxAngelus
13-09-07, 06:42
It's whining here too, I don't want WLM since it screws up my computer.

Ward Dragon
13-09-07, 06:45
It's whining here too, I don't want WLM since it screws up my computer.

What does it do? I've been using it for months now and I haven't noticed any problems, but then again I usually don't have it running while I'm using other programs (besides the internet).

Fraaadrik
13-09-07, 06:46
Nvm.

EscondeR
13-09-07, 06:46
Men... forget this glitchy stuff.
Use The Bat! (http://www.ritlabs.com/en/) for E-mail and QIP (http://qipim.com/en/) for instant messaging (ICQ client, no ADs)

NemesisxAngelus
13-09-07, 09:58
What does it do? I've been using it for months now and I haven't noticed any problems, but then again I usually don't have it running while I'm using other programs (besides the internet).

It will sign me on without my premission, and appear online while I'm signing in, there's no way I can change it. It makes people I blocked still talk, and sometimes it will reboot my computer for no reason. Oh well, then I'll start using a webmessenger, I refuse to download WLM. Or wait, trillian is also a good alternative maybe :D edit: yay after a swearing session to the computer it works fine now :vlol:

Dakaruch
13-09-07, 10:35
do i often go to msn webpage - what!?
im not talking about webpage and stuff im talking about the message what just poped up..try to sign out Dakaruch and sign in again, see if u can

yes i can, my old messenger is still working, and working fine ;)
i don't know what's going on though
and i am using messenger 7.0...

Tomb Raider Master
13-09-07, 15:08
I've just signed in no problem. Although I kept getting messages in which writes to download the newest version (and when I do so, it "returns" me to the previous one :confused:), but they never stopped me from signing in.

xMiSsCrOfTx - i really like your avatar, do you know who this girl is?
Kelly Carlson, if I'm right.

clairelovestlc
13-09-07, 16:26
I've been using it since it was in beta form, find it crashes far less than msn did and is alot quicker logging in!

lita212
13-09-07, 16:43
I've been using it since it was in beta form, find it crashes far less than msn did and is alot quicker logging in!

why did msn force us to download the new version? i had 7.5 and it was wayyyy better then this 8.1 version. i asked my friend if she will check if her msn 7.5 is working and if it is then im gonna download that version again cause this one is ugly. she told me that msn sometimes does this when your version runs out and all ya have to do is just re download it rather then downloading the newer version

Chug a Bug
13-09-07, 17:10
I've gotten rid of MSN messenger entirely and replaced it with the aMSN clone. Once it was no longer popping up my email account in my browser but would only open Outlook Express instead (which you have to pay to use with it) I decided enough is enough!

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 17:19
why did msn force us to download the new version? i had 7.5 and it was wayyyy better then this 8.1 version. i asked my friend if she will check if her msn 7.5 is working and if it is then im gonna download that version again cause this one is ugly. she told me that msn sometimes does this when your version runs out and all ya have to do is just re download it rather then downloading the newer version

Yes i agree Live MSN is ugly.
Iīve been using msn for ages and it never did that kinda stuff before.So will you re-install 7.5?If it works then i will do the same..

MUN33B
13-09-07, 17:20
If you didn't read the update guys you MUST upgrade because of several security problems found in the old versions. Updates are being abandoned for these versions and everyone is being moved up to Windows Live Messenger 8.1

Not to mention WLM is great :)

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 17:22
If you didn't read the update guys you MUST upgrade because of several security problems found in the old versions. Updates are being abandoned for these versions and everyone is being moved up to Windows Live Messenger 8.1

Not to mention WLM is great :)

Hm the old one worked fine for me, and so what that it had (maybe) some security problems, this didnt affect me & everything worked fine, msn isnt the place where you should talk about your bank accounts etc.
And i dont want any upgrades for 7.5, i just want to keep it the way it was.
We should have the right to decide what we want..and i dont like it that they force us to do things we dont want to.

MUN33B
13-09-07, 17:30
Hm the old one worked fine for me, and so what that it had (maybe) some security problems, this didnt affect me & everything worked fine, msn isnt the place where you should talk about your bank accounts etc.
We should have the right to decide what we want..and i dont like it that they force us to do things we dont want to.

You don't realize it but someone could easily be able to do whatever with your account/conversations by taking advantage of the security problem. And even if you didn't upgrade now you would only be forced to upgrade later. I really don't see what the problem is. I have been using WLM for ages ever since the 1st BETA and have had no problems with it. It a great IM program. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Theres not much to it aswell - download, install, run. :)

lita212
13-09-07, 17:31

exaclty we shouldnt be forced to download a version we dont want. im still waiting for my mate to msg me on myspace to tell me if it works if it does then im goin bk to 7.5 i dont think there is anything wrong with that version i just think msn have done it to boost their ratings to make it look like everyone loves the new version

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 17:33
I agree, soon we will be forced to install Vista and then new Live MSN would suit with the look :mad:

MUN33B
13-09-07, 17:33
exaclty we shouldnt be forced to download a version we dont want. im still waiting for my mate to msg me on myspace to tell me if it works if it does then im goin bk to 7.5 i dont think there is anything wrong with that version i just think msn have done it to boost their ratings to make it look like everyone loves the new version

Apart from very dangerous security problem and the fact that security updates are stopped for it now ;). And MSN aren't doing it to boost their ratings - if you hadn't realized by now many MSN services are being re-branded and made better. It's called Windows Live ;) And no they wont force you to install Vista ;)

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 17:35
Well they didnt upgrade 7.5 before either, so whats the big deal.Maybe i want that version..should i buy it to have it..its silly.

MUN33B
13-09-07, 17:36
Well they didnt upgrade 7.5 before either, so whats the big deal.Maybe i want that version..should i buy it to have it..its silly.

You don't need to buy anything :confused: It's FREE. They security issue is new and highly dangerous. If you want to have problems with it be my guest by don't say no-one warned you.

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 17:38
You don't need to buy anything :confused: It's FREE. They security issue is new and highly dangerous. If you want to have problems with it be my guest by don't say no-one warned you.

I cant even risk (lol) anymore, cause they forced me to install it, the old one doesnt let me sign in anymore and yes they will force to install Vista in 2008 i think, cause they will make no updates for XP anymore.So if i want to use new programs, play new games..i will have to install Vista :S

MUN33B
13-09-07, 17:39
I cant even risk (lol) anymore, cause they forced me to install it, the old one doesnt let me sign in anymore and yes they will force to install Vista in 2008 i think, cause they will make no updates for XP anymore.So if i want to use new programs, play new games..i will have to install Vista :S

XP has an update lifetime for about the next 10-15 years so no they wont. Though computers by 2008/2009 will be using Vista :). A LOT of new games work with XP aswell. When Vista SP1 comes out many problems will be fixed with that. :)

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 17:39

And by buying it i meant that if they wont let me have it for free, then i have to buy the license to still use it, cause i just want it..and it doesnt work anymore..

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 17:41
XP has an update lifetime for about the next 10-15 years so no they wont. Though computers by 2008/2009 will be using Vista :). A LOT of new games work with XP aswell. When Vista SP1 comes out many problems will be fixed with that. :)

Have you read pc forums etc?Everyone`s talking about it, of course you can still use XP, it will not be like its with old msn (that it will not let u sign in).But they will stop making upgrades for XP soon and eventually you just have to install Vista..you should read some forums about it..

SparkleCroft07
13-09-07, 18:45
I dont mind windows live messenger but i hate the new email service! :hea:

lita212
13-09-07, 18:50
well guys n gals my mate just told me her 7.5 is still working but to be honest i cant be botherd to go download it again lol im getting used to this one

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 19:11
well guys n gals my mate just told me her 7.5 is still working but to be honest i cant be botherd to go download it again lol im getting used to this one

loool my friend told me that she could sign in again with 7.5, but yeah im too lazy to re-install the old one..but my sharing folder isnt working and i cant send files, thats weird..

so i have a question..
if i will re-install 7.5 will all my contacts remain and will all the display pictures remain?

MUN33B
13-09-07, 19:17
Have you read pc forums etc?Everyone`s talking about it, of course you can still use XP, it will not be like its with old msn (that it will not let u sign in).But they will stop making upgrades for XP soon and eventually you just have to install Vista..you should read some forums about it..

Actualy I do ready PC forums and getting newsletters/RSS Feeds about this stuff ;)

XP SP3 is due sometime early 2008. Uodates WILL be continued for another 15 years MAX. and you can still use XP when ever you want until MS 'kills' it off like ti did with Windows 98. So unless theres something I didnt keep up with then I am right :).

lita212
13-09-07, 19:26
loool my friend told me that she could sign in again with 7.5, but yeah im too lazy to re-install the old one..but my sharing folder isnt working and i cant send files, thats weird..

so i have a question..
if i will re-install 7.5 will all my contacts remain and will all the display pictures remain?

it shud do its the same as 8.1 but with less features. your contacts and pics etc should still be there.

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 19:33
its so weird..i cant see people on cam with Live with 7.5 it worked..so im gonna reinstall it.

Lady_Nelly
13-09-07, 19:46
omg i just installed 7.5 and it just wont let me sign in..again this message pops up..damn it...what should i do!?
how do you guys get 7.5 to work?

lita212
14-09-07, 17:11
omg i just installed 7.5 and it just wont let me sign in..again this message pops up..damn it...what should i do!?
how do you guys get 7.5 to work?

you have to download 8.1 unfortunatly hun
to people who are wondering why there are still some people who have 7.5 its because theres hasnt run out yet. when it does though they will also have to download the new version as all my friends now told me that since theres has now run out they too had to download it as msn are now not supporting 7.5 so if you do have 7.5 still and you end up getting a message saying to download 8.1 its due to msn not supporting it now so there is no need to worry.

Lady_Nelly
17-09-07, 16:51
okay thanks, im getting used to 8.1 its pretty cool, i like the thing that u can chat while being offline.

TombRaiderLover
17-09-07, 16:54
I'm not sure WHAT MSN I'm using. :p How do I tell?

lita212
17-09-07, 16:56
go to the help toolbar on msn and click on "about messenger" and it shall tell you what version you have.

TombRaiderLover
17-09-07, 17:09
go to the help toolbar on msn and click on "about messenger" and it shall tell you what version you have.

Thanks. :)

8.1 :p