PDA

View Full Version : NIN Fans...

Soma Holiday
13-09-07, 13:09
I know there are some on here, but I don't know if there's ever been a thread for this incredible band.

Now...

I have a slight obsession with NIN for several reasons, but the most prevalent is the fact that Trent Reznor's voice is the most amazing thing I have ever heard. I'll turn my IPOD all the way up, cause it sounds like he's whispering in my ear in some of their songs.:cln: Drives Me Crazy! lol.

Another reason I love NIN is because they are so chaotic. I love the fact that when I'm walking to class every morning downtown, I sometimes get the city noises IE sirens, car horns, people talking, mixed in with the song and visa versa. It amazes me that so much chaotic noise is mixed together beautifully to give me the chills haha.

Another reason is the magnitude of devotion the group has, especially Reznor. There are countless remixed and rare recordings to nearly every NIN song, its hard to find them all there are so many.

Being that I could go on forever, I'll stop here with saying that their newest album is one of their best IMO. It's very intrigueing and I love that Reznor has made it to tell a story of sorts that has underling political critisism and truths. He and the band are trully incredible and ingenious individuals.

btw...has anyone gotten to see them live? I never have and I am trully dying to...I know it would be amazing.

:)

Dakaruch
13-09-07, 13:13
i only heard the newest album, and i like it... it is awesome...
too bad i never went to a live concert, and sure i would like to see them... still i am intrigued why didn't they went to Rock in Rio yet... perhaps next year here in Portugal :cln:

i like them, they are a very good band...

NemesisxAngelus
13-09-07, 13:26
I love NIN, especially the song "The Perfect Drug" :cln:

oocladableeblah
13-09-07, 15:34
I only have their newest album and I'm loving it. I need to lsten to get their other albums.

nicola1986
13-09-07, 16:05
Can anyone remember the film, The Crow, starring the amazing and gorgeous Brandon Lee?

I'm sure NIN did a song for that film as well as the Cure, I love those songs :D

Elysia
13-09-07, 16:58
I saw NIN live in 1999 - they were very good (even if the place was absolutely packed, and when you are wearing a PVC bodice - lots of people + close proximity = sweaty nastiness...)

I've been a NIN fan for nearly 15 years now. Fancy that... O_o Between me and my hubby, we've got everything Trent has ever done (apart from s couple of the newer singles, 'cos they didn't have any remixes on them). Think it works out at about nearly 30 CDs, if you include the maxi singles...

(Btw - the crow song was 'Burn'. Good track!)

nicola1986
13-09-07, 17:01
Oh yeah, that's it, brill track :tmb:

Beanz
13-09-07, 17:47
Love them! And I saw them at reading festival :D They were :cen: awesome there :jmp:

L.C
13-09-07, 17:50
I saw NIN live in 1999 - they were very goodI was very fortunate to be at several of the first Lollapalooza gigs in 91 and would say that they were brilliant. They were the band that everyone talked about that tour :tmb:

Soma Holiday
13-09-07, 17:56
Good to see more fans! :D

I have all of their work, thanks to me and a friend working hard to find them all haha...some were close to 300 tracks...its amazing.

As for the Crow Soundtrack, I looked to see if I had "burn" which I don't, then I amazoned it, and it's actually the song "dead souls." "Burn" was done by The Cure...at least on the soundtrack. I just hadn't heard a "burn" from NIN, but if they have one, I must hear it! :D

Joe_16
13-09-07, 18:05
I have heard of their brilliance, but have never really took the time out to listen to them.

Elysia
13-09-07, 18:06
Good to see more fans! :D

I have all of their work, thanks to me and a friend working hard to find them all haha...some were close to 300 tracks...its amazing.

As for the Crow Soundtrack, I looked to see if I had "burn" which I don't, then I amazoned it, and it's actually the song "dead souls." "Burn" was done by The Cure...at least on the soundtrack. I just hadn't heard a "burn" from NIN, but if they have one, I must hear it! :D
Ah, feck... you're right!

Note to self - look stuff up and don't rely on your ancient, prone-to-senior-moments memory! :p

There is a NIN track called Burn, though... it's a B side from something. ;) Might be on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack...

nicola1986
13-09-07, 19:59
Oh yeah it's The Cure who did Burn, I can't remember the title to the NIN song, but its was when he was running along the rooftops.

Gregori
14-09-07, 02:21
NIN are so good you'll have a seizure when you go to see them!

Closer is definelty my favourite song by them. The video is awesome too (Uncensored ofcourse!)

Soma Holiday
14-09-07, 03:22
I will definately hunt down this "burn" hehe...:D

I think my fav song is "sunspots", and my favorite work/album is probably "Still". Its such an sound that you have to aquire a taste for..."The Great Destroyer" and so many like it that are half chaotic instrumentals are so cool! haha.