PDA

View Full Version : Dramatic Monologue

remote91
13-09-07, 16:05
Well, first term at collefge my teacher wants to see the people in my theatre class act by doing a 3 minute monologue. The thing is, it doesnt contribute to the final grade or anything, she just wants us to prove we can act. Now I'm fine with acting and writing with drama but she wants us to base the monologue on a personal experience which has really affected us. I really cant think of anything interesting in the slightest because seriously, nothing has happened to me! We also have to be creative and abstract when doing it, so does anyone have any ideas to get me going with what I can do for it? :)

Legend of Lara
13-09-07, 16:07
Oh God... try using my awful day as an example. :hea:

remote91
13-09-07, 16:14
Oh God... try using my awful day as an example. :hea:

lol some how I dont think I could make that all arty farty and dramatic, any other ideas?

pEhouse
13-09-07, 16:18
what about love? love gone sour.. lol... that's pure drama :D

Delakandak
13-09-07, 16:18
Wow, you never had a bad day in your life? Well...how about...try to read some Tragic story books..maybe that will help..

danitiwa
13-09-07, 16:23
Chris Crocker's new recording. :vlol:

Dakaruch
13-09-07, 16:32
perhaps new CD lara? that always makes me cry! :p
use a love story, unless you never had any love issues

remote91
13-09-07, 16:34
perhaps new CD lara? that always makes me cry! :p
use a love story, unless you never had any love issues

I have about zero experiences in that department!

Greenkey2
13-09-07, 16:52
I think a bit of creative license is allowed to 'liven up' a real event of yours to make it more dramatic. You could always try that time you went down the supermarket and the yogurt fridge exploded :whi:

remote91
13-09-07, 16:53
I think a bit of creative license is allowed to 'liven up' a real event of yours to make it more dramatic. You could always try that time you went down the supermarket and the yogurt fridge exploded :whi:

:vlol: someones on the right track! I think I have writers block..

Little-Lara
13-09-07, 21:55
Puberty --- U can be both abstract (cause let's face it, u'll have to be) and creative. ... or....

Kanye West's backstage hissy fit. "I DESERVE TO WIIIINNNN." OMGosh, if u choose to do Kanye, please tell us how it goes. :jmp::jmp::jmp:

myrmaad
13-09-07, 22:04
I wish this was my assignment.

I can't believe you've never been affected by anything. Most people say 9/11 affected them, and you can't get on a plane, cross a border, or go into a courthouse without noticing that our lives have changed drastically from before to after.

You've never had a pet or a relative die? You've never had a new baby brother or sister? You've never had a parent or sibling get very ill? You've never seen a movie or read a book that changed your outlook about life?

You never got into a big fight with a friend, never was bullied, never witnessed an accident, never met someone who was famous, never saw a random act of kindness??

How can you act if you have no imagination?