PDA

View Full Version : I hate my parents!

trXD
13-09-07, 22:02
:hea::hea::hea::hea:
They are so annoying! Where do i even begin to explain what i hate about them? My family is VERY rich but my parents rub it in peoples faces way to much! Once i promised to walk with my freinds all the way to there house instead of just taking the shortcut to my house like i usually do and my mom and dad pick me up in there limosine! Its so emabressing! My freinds gave me an evil glare and so did the rest of the school when my parents forced me to go home with them!

I keep telling them not to come in there limosine! I kept it secret that i was rich until year 7 when my freinds came to my house for a sleep over. My parents acted like such snobs all the time they were there and sent trays of food and stuff up to my room! I keep telling them to start acting normal but they wont listen! I know you think they are just trying to be nice to me but in fact they are trying to show off. I have lost a freind because i had a fight with someone that called my parents snobs! I dont even know why because i agree:mad:

All my freinds think im spoilt and sometimes when they say stuff like that it really hurts!

-Dont read on if you dont feel comftorble with intentional self harm-

ok here is the part that i have always renemberd that makes me most angry at my parents, they argue so much about there money and how they payed for that and so he should pay for this and stuff that it driven me crazy. After the fight at school i came home and they didnt even notice the state i was in so i went in the kitchen and i just cut myself on my arm

I know you think im crazy but i just wanted them to worry about something else for once!:mad: They came in after i had done it and saw i had a cut in my arm and a knife in my hand and belive it or not it was the first time i can renember them actually caring about me:mad:

I was sort of pending whether to write this thread or not but i just need to know something from you guys

Do you think im over-reacting or not because some of my freind say i am?

deepbluesea
13-09-07, 22:03
If its how you feel its not overeacting, although I do feel you should talk to someone very soon, sort of as soon as you can. If not your parents then someone you trust, who can help.

trXD
13-09-07, 22:04
If its how you feel its not overeacting, although I do feel you should talk to someone very soon, sort of as soon as you can. If not your parents then someone you trust, who can help.

Thanks i just dont know who that person is:(

xcrushterx
13-09-07, 22:05
Brother, sister or a friend :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-09-07, 22:06
You hate your parents becauset hey are rich and pick you up in a limo? Sure, they might be a little snobby, I don't know them, so I'm not one to judge, but jeez... You sound pretty ungrateful to me.

dizzydoil
I hate my parents sometimes to, but deep down in side.. I know i love them. :)

deepbluesea

as crusher says a friend or relative or even an older person you know

trXD
13-09-07, 22:07
You hate your parents becauset hey are rich and pick you up in a limo? Sure, they might be a little snobby, I don't know them, so I'm not one to judge, but jeez... You sound pretty ungrateful to me.

They only do it in front of my freinds and relatives. They are horible normaly

trXD
13-09-07, 22:08
I hate my parents sometimes to, but deep down in side.. I know i love them. :)

Thanks for trying to help but the fact that i love them makes it even worse. I wish i didnt love them so i didnt get into that fight

deepbluesea
13-09-07, 22:09

With all due respect my parents are rich too, and I have had similar problems with them. Money doesn't make people happy in my opinion

vespertea
13-09-07, 22:09
My family is wealthy (not "rich," but wealthy enough to be impressive) and sometimes they do embarrassing stuff like that, too. I've told them before to lay off with the overly hospitable attitude; I know what it feels like, believe me.

You don't hate them; they're your family. You should never hate someone who takes care of you the way they have, even if they act snobby or overly luxurious.

I suggest you talk to them about it instead of slitting your arm to get their attention. If you haven't screamed your head off about it to their faces, I strongly suggest that.

trXD
13-09-07, 22:12
My family is wealthy (not "rich," but wealthy enough to be impressive) and sometimes they do embarrassing stuff like that, too. I've told them before to lay off with the overly hospitable attitude; I know what it feels like, believe me.

You don't hate them; they're your family. You should never hate someone who takes care of you the way they have, even if they act snobby or overly luxurious.

I suggest you talk to them about it instead of slitting your arm to get their attention. If you haven't screamed your head off about it to their faces, I strongly suggest that.

I do talk to them but i guess its worth having one of those seriouse talks where we all sit down and i explain that it is a big deal

vespertea
13-09-07, 22:13
I do talk to them but i guess its worth having one of those seriouse talks where we all sit down and i explain that it is a big deal

That'd probably be the most effective thing, in my opinion. Good luck if you go through with it. :wve:

trXD
With all due respect my parents are rich too, and I have had similar problems with them. Money doesn't make people happy in my opinion

I couldnt have said it better myself:o

deepbluesea

I second that, great idea, worth the try.

trXD
13-09-07, 22:14
That'd probably be the most effective thing, in my opinion. Good luck if you go through with it. :wve:

myrmaad
13-09-07, 22:14
Imagine that I'm talking to you very softly, I'm looking into your eyes, and I'm telling you, this too will pass.

Don't harm yourself. It doesn't solve the problem does it? They'll react for five minutes and then go on being them.

After a while you'll understand that being them, is simply all they know how to be. We all have family, I think most of us understand how whacky parents can be. They're just people too, and we all make mistakes.

Just try to get through it as best you can, because it won't be long when you'll be on your own, all grown up and you won't have to put up with that stuff that you don't like about them, you'll just be able to meet them on your own terms. But as bad as it seems, it just seems worse when we go through puberty, because our emotions go a little nuts.

I mean if you think back to a few years ago, it didn't bother you as much, did it, for real? When they say some of the things they say that bothers you, you can just say what you think. You have a right to have your own thoughts about it, and as long as you are mature in how you say it, they will start to recognize that you don't necessarily share their views.

Realize that you are growing up, and growing up is full of growing pains, and then one day you'll be grown, and you'll look back and think, hey! it wasn't that bad. *I mean you're not getting beatings every day or being physically abused.* It could always be worse.

Betal
13-09-07, 22:15
You should never say you hate anyone in your family. If anything happens to them you will be sorry for the rest of you life.

trXD
13-09-07, 22:17
Imagine that I'm talking to you very softly, I'm looking into your eyes, and I'm telling you, this too will pass.

Don't harm yourself. It doesn't solve the problem does it? They'll react for five minutes and then go on being them.

After a while you'll understand that being them, is simply all they know how to be. We all have family, I think most of us understand how whacky parents can be. They're just people too, and we all make mistakes.

Just try to get through it as best you can, because it won't be long when you'll be on your own, all grown up and you won't have to put up with that stuff that you don't like about them, you'll just be able to meet them on your own terms. But as bad as it seems, it just seems worse when we go through puberty, because our emotions go a little nuts.

I mean if you think back to a few years ago, it didn't bother you as much, did it, for real? When they say some of the things they say that bothers you, you can just say what you think. You have a right to have your own thoughts about it, and as long as you are mature in how you say it, they will start to recognize that you don't necessarily share their views.

Realize that you are growing up, and growing up is full of growing pains, and then one day you'll be grown, and you'll look back and think, hey! it wasn't that bad. *I mean you're not getting beatings every day or being physically abused.* It could always be worse.

All that you said makes perfect sense:D thanks

Apart from before i started "growing up" i was more depressed and sad about it (thats when i cut myself) when now im more embaressed and angry

Archetype
13-09-07, 22:17
My dads the most irritating person ever.. he has so many mood swings.. but i dont hate him i just strongly dislike him.

Hate is also a very strong word.. so you should reconsider your feelings.

trXD
13-09-07, 22:18
My dads the most irritating person ever.. he has so many mood swings.. but i dont hate him i just strongly dislike him.

Hate is also a very strong word.. so you should reconsider your feelings.

I dont perminantly hate them. I just sometimes run up in my room and get sooooo angry at them i just want to scream. Thats when i hate them but the other times im just slightly annoyed

peffect
13-09-07, 22:29
I didn't even read your post.
But just reading the title, I can say, this might be the dumbest thing you've ever said in your life.

trXD
13-09-07, 22:30
I didn't even read your post.
But just reading the title, I can say, this might be the dumbest thing you've ever said.

then read the post before judging

I think you will find yourself pleasently suprised when reading about my misery

Tomb Raider 5194
13-09-07, 22:37
Making harm to yourself is not the answer, you should just probably get their attention another way or just talk with them. :)

It happens with me too, but in a different aspect. XD

trXD
13-09-07, 22:38
Making harm to yourself is not the answer, you should just probably get their attention another way or just talk with them. :)

It happens with me too, but in a different aspect. XD

I realise that now but thanks anyway:o

Quasimodo
13-09-07, 23:42
I'm sure we all have problems with the way our parents act/some things that they do, but as the daughter/son, it's not really our place to go around trying to correct them. Later on in life it'll become clearer to you why some people (e.g. parents) act the way they do. A father who won't let you have the last word in an argument may simply be reasserting his authority, for example.

In sum, it is not the child's place to parent the parent. You simply can't control how they act, what they say and do. Believe me I've tried.

findme
13-09-07, 23:57
Jeez, you are a spoilt little brat aren't you?

You get picked up in a limo and you're complaining and cutting yourself?

We seriously DO NOT need anymore of these whiney little threads, it's getting sick.

Forever_Laras_56
14-09-07, 00:10

maby he not like ohh im rich look at me some people are and some arent im sure he/she is not ungreateful he/she is just tired of it:(

@findme:you shoud be a little more nicer to people:mad:

Quasimodo
14-09-07, 00:13
maby he not like ohh im rich look at me some people are and some arent im sure he/she is not ungreateful he/she is just tired of it:(

@findme:you shoud be a little more nicer to people:mad:

Part of the risk of posting your personal problems on the Internet is that not everyone will be sympathetic.

2kool4u
14-09-07, 00:14
Isnt this the 1,000 time you have established this? God you complain waay to much for a twelve year old, i think you need Mr. Belt lol

vespertea
14-09-07, 00:14
Part of the risk of posting your personal problems on the Internet is that not everyone will be sympathetic.

All too true, unfortunately.

Izzie404
14-09-07, 00:25
If you are trying to be so normal, then try staying at a friend's house for a couple nights, and see if they notice. Also, since they don't seem to notice you, it would be a lot easier to get psychological help [and you obviously have the money..]

trXD
14-09-07, 00:25

We seriously DO NOT need anymore of these whiney little threads, it's getting sick.

This is a reason why i hate my parents aswell:mad:

They make people think im spoilt when im just trying to be normal! Money dosent bring happyness! If i was spoilt i wouldnt be anoyyed about being picked up in a limo every day. You would understand if you became rich that i just want to lead a normal life that dosent give me the finest food or the best cars or the latest video games although i apreciate its hard to understand for you

Its really hard to explain. Its like im trapped somehow. Like there is nothing left to want anymore or to work for because they all just get given to me and i feel bad when they give me all this stuff because it makes me feel spoilt like you described. The whole reason i joined this forum other than the fact i like tomb raider is so that i could meet normal people and be normal without my parents coming by in a limo or something

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 00:26
TRXD, i am sad to say you this, but you have a strange attitude towards some things... you are far too anoyed but insignificant things... perhaps it is time to grow up and not trying or harming yourself because things are not ok...
i had some issues with my parents and i never self harmed, i made them see that the things are not as they said and they apologise me... so grow up a little and stop being so emo... :wve:

trXD
14-09-07, 00:27
If you are trying to be so normal, then try staying at a friend's house for a couple nights, and see if they notice. Also, since they don't seem to notice you, it would be a lot easier to get psychological help [and you obviously have the money..]

My parents would think im over reacting if i asked for phsycology

thanks though

trXD
14-09-07, 00:28
TRXD, i am sad to say you this, but you have a strange attitude towards some things... you are far too anoyed but insignificant things... perhaps it is time to grow up and not trying or harming yourself because things are not ok...
i had some issues with my parents and i never self harmed, i made them see that the things are not as they said and they apologise me... so grow up a little and stop being so emo... :wve:

What do you think i cut myself as some sort of trend or to feel cool? I did it 2 years ago when i didnt care what was cool or not! People that are also rich have commented on this thread and agree with me so it shows im not making a big deal out of nothing

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 00:31
What do you think i cut myself as some sort of trend or to feel cool? I did it 2 years ago when i didnt care what was cool or not! People that are also rich have commented on this thread and agree with me so it shows im not making a big deal out of nothing

yeah but stop making those foolish things to yourself, it won't change a thing... show them how you're right, take a position toward it and defend it... cutting yourself is the most stupidest thing to do

2kool4u
14-09-07, 00:33
Isnt this the 1,000 time you have established this? God you complain waay to much for a twelve year old, i think you need Mr. Belt lol

Im sorry but this is the truth.

Quasimodo
14-09-07, 00:33
I can see how the excitement of looking forward to things could be gone if you've already 'got it all', but there's still plenty to want and to work for in life besides things. Not having to worry about your basic needs (food, water, shelter, etc.) frees you up to work for a cause bigger than yourself, like trying to help out others or the environment or mistreated animals, etc., since you've got a lot of time and resources freed up that would otherwise go to fulfilling your own needs. Because you are rich, you can also study just about anything you like simply for the joy of learning, rather than for the hope to get a degree that helps you find a job that pays enough so you don't have to live paycheck to paycheck.

Camera Obscura
14-09-07, 00:34
Honestly, I feel like going over to your house, grabbing a wad of your parents' cash, and smacking the stupid out of you with it. Why cut yourself? Really? Could it have not been better to just go up to their faces and tell them the truth? Tell them you're sick of the way they're throwing their money around trying to make themselves looks better than others because it is hurting you emotionally, socially, and psychologically.

Oh and about your "friends", if they have a problem with the fact that you're higher up in the social class and can't accept the fact that you are nothing like your parents, then they aren't acting very friendly like. ;)

trXD
14-09-07, 00:35
yeah but stop making those foolish things to yourself, it won't change a thing... show them how you're right, take a position toward it and defend it... cutting yourself is the most stupidest thing to do

For god sake i was 10 and i was stupid! You cant possibly understand how i felt and i had thought the previouse day if i should do something that would get there attention and i was in the kitchen crying so i cut myself with a knife because i somehow had such an erge to do it and it would get my parents to worry about something else

trXD
14-09-07, 00:36
Honestly, I feel like going over to your house, grabbing a wad of your parents' cash, and smacking the stupid out of you with it. Why cut yourself? Really? Could it have not been better to just go up to their faces and tell them the truth? Tell them you're sick of the way they're throwing their money around trying to make themselves looks better than others because it is hurting you emotionally, socially, and psychologically.

Oh and about your "friends", if they have a problem with the fact that you're higher up in the social class and can't accept the fact that you are nothing like your parents, then they aren't acting very friendly like. ;)

yes i have told my parents about it and my freinds are nice they are just a bit less understanding

Sometimes i feel like getting my parents money and punching them in the face with it aswell

trXD
14-09-07, 00:37
I can see how the excitement of looking forward to things could be gone if you've already 'got it all', but there's still plenty to want and to work for in life besides things. Not having to worry about your basic needs (food, water, shelter, etc.) frees you up to work for a cause bigger than yourself, like trying to help out others or the environment or mistreated animals, etc., since you've got a lot of time and resources freed up that would otherwise go to fulfilling your own needs. Because you are rich, you can also study just about anything you like simply for the joy of learning, rather than for the hope to get a degree that helps you find a job that pays enough so you don't have to live paycheck to paycheck.

Thats the whole point. I dont want to live paycheck to paycheck i just want to feel normal and not so unlimited

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 00:38
For god sake i was 10 and i was stupid! You cant possibly understand how i felt and i had thought the previouse day if i should do something that would get there attention and i was in the kitchen crying so i cut myself with a knife because i somehow had such an erge to do it and it would get my parents to worry about something else

so with that you're saying that you wanted some attention from them...
though, if you don't agree with them, just say that to them, make them see your point of view... this is the only thing i can say...

trXD
14-09-07, 00:39
so with that you're saying that you wanted some attention from them...
though, if you don't agree with them, just say that to them, make them see your point of view... this is the only thing i can say...

Yes i did want some attention from them that was why i cut myself

and i have tried to make them see my point of view

Jensie17
14-09-07, 00:40
trXD u can use the multiquote function and stop multi posting. :)

Forever_Laras_56
14-09-07, 00:40

well i dont care thats rude:mad:

trXD
14-09-07, 00:41
trXD u can use the multiquote function and stop multi posting. :)

sorry I didnt know you could multiquote

trXD
well i dont care thats rude:mad:

thanks for standing up for me at least someone understands that nobody will ever understand apart from me

Indiana Croft
I can understand why you hate them:(

trXD
14-09-07, 00:42
I can understand why you hate them:(

i guess some people can understand

PARANOIA
14-09-07, 00:59
I've avoided posting in this thread mostly because of my personal beliefs, my ethics, and my family values, which are kind of in direct conflict to what I'm seeing here. It seems that the poster of this topic is begging for sympathy, of which I am unable to give.

Look, just because your family is rich, it doesn't mean you have to act like a spoilt, rich kid who can't get her way. This is the kind of stereotype that turns people off and makes them think less of you. Embrace the lifestyle you have, for there are those like me who don't get limo rides around the neighborhood. You'll never know when it all goes away like that.

2kool4u
14-09-07, 01:01
I want to post a vidoe but i cant!! Damn. I wish i could, its called Stupid MF

Izzie404
14-09-07, 01:04
i just want to lead a normal life that dosent give me the finest food or the best cars or the latest video games

Wow.. That's a big complaint.. And, like has been said, this is a common stereotype [despite the fact that anything can be considered a stereotype] of a person who is rich but "wants to be normal"...

trXD
14-09-07, 01:10
I've avoided posting in this thread mostly because of my personal beliefs, my ethics, and my family values, which are kind of in direct conflict to what I'm seeing here. It seems that the poster of this topic is begging for sympathy, of which I am unable to give.

Look, just because your family is rich, it doesn't mean you have to act like a spoilt, rich kid who can't get her way. This is the kind of stereotype that turns people off and makes them think less of you. Embrace the lifestyle you have, for there are those like me who don't get limo rides around the neighborhood. You'll never know when it all goes away like that.

Will people please stop calling me spoilt just because my parents are rich! Rich people are generally considered posh bastereds that get everything when all i want is to live normaly so i dont get comments like the one you just gave me

i have nothing more to say because i have repeated the same thing over and over again

im leaving the thread

2kool4u
14-09-07, 01:12
Wow you really are spoiled!! Did anyone look for that vid i mentioned?

erosan
14-09-07, 01:19
Will people please stop calling me spoilt just because my parents are rich! Rich people are generally considered posh bastereds that get everything when all i want is to live normaly so i dont get comments like the one you just gave me

i have nothing more to say because i have repeated the same thing over and over again

im leaving the thread

arent you the one who created it in the first place?

there are people who actually have real problems in life. and people are calling you a spoiled brat because you act like one.
suck it up princess.

bett
14-09-07, 01:26
@ PARANOIA,
thank you for saying what i've been biting my tongue to keep back

Mr.Burns
14-09-07, 01:41
It does amaze me at times how vicious people here turn in an instant, especially towards a younger person, even more so when the point that they have money is brought up. Perhaps some here have forgotten what it was like at a younger age? Not as mature back then were we? If people here are frustrated with a younger person's posting style, constant rants, etc, there is a thing called the ignore list. Use it.

@TRXD: Myrmaad and Deepbluesea have given the best advice I have seen so far here, at least they haven't been judgmental. It's obvious, based on the evidence provided, that there is a need for you to talk with an adult figure outside of your family. A school councilor perhaps. Bottling up your frustrations will do you no good and coming to an internet forum where you're receiving negative attitudes is no good either.

Good luck and just remember: Life could always be worse. Be glad that you have what you have. This thought typically tends to put a person's frustration in check.

:wve:

PARANOIA
14-09-07, 01:45
It does amaze me at times how vicious people here turn in an instant, especially towards a younger person, even more so when the point that they have money is brought up. Perhaps some here have forgotten what it was like at a younger age? Not as mature back then were we? If people here are frustrated with a younger person's posting style, constant rants, etc, there is a thing called the ignore list. Use it.

@TRXD: Myrmaad and Deepbluesea have given the best advice I have seen so far here, at least they haven't been judgmental. It's obvious, based on the evidence provided, that there is a need for you to talk with an adult figure outside of your family. A school councilor perhaps. Bottling up your frustrations will do you no good and coming to an internet forum where you're receiving negative attitudes is no good either.

Good luck and just remember: Life could always be worse. Be glad that you have what you have. This thought typically tends to put a person's frustration in check.

I agree with that.

Being a middle-class backwoods hick, I wouldn't imagine going up to my parents one day and telling them "I'm sick of having so much money," but I know nothing about being rich. Hell, the closest I've been to rich is buying two-stories on Boardwalk and Park Place and rolling in play money. So don't always take my word (or anybody else's).

Jensie17
14-09-07, 02:04

im leaving the thread

start the thread, whine, argue, then leave and repeat

Draco
14-09-07, 02:08
I had the opposite problem as a kid...I'd be the only one picked up in a barely running POS...and eventually, not picked up at all.

I've worn clothes for monthes in a row at times because nothing else fit and nobody could afford to by new clothes.

Amazingly enough when my school had switched to uniforms, I suddenly got to be normal. By the time I got to high school, I could afford to appear more financially endowed...not always through legitimate means.

Jensie17
14-09-07, 02:17
i dont think wearing the same clothes for months can prove anything, i used to buy the same shirrts and the same pants, had bunches of them xD and everybody were like "wtf u r wearing the same thing everyday" they didnt know i obught many xD

Draco
14-09-07, 02:18
i dont think wearing the same clothes for months can prove anything, i used to buy the same shirrts and the same pants, had bunches of them xD and everybody were like "wtf u r wearing the same thing everyday" they didnt know i obught many xD

I bet yours didnt have tons of holes...or rampant fading from many many washes.

Jensie17
14-09-07, 02:22
actually my pants did have tons of holes (i made it with the stone)

Draco
14-09-07, 02:29
Did you have a point?

Gregori
14-09-07, 02:30
Your parents are awesome!!! Can I keep them as pets?

Seriously though, I don't want to seem judgemental, but cutting yourself solves little or nothing, just fixes the pain for a while. In this universe most people are oblivious/ignorant to your suffering or don't really care at all. Horrible but true. I used to cut the **** out of myself but I couldn't do that forever. I figured out ways of thinking around that pain, that affirm me as a person.

aquaflute
14-09-07, 02:40
Ok here's the deal, I think whatever the problem is, you will have to accept the fact that you ARE rich. And being rich never means a bad thing unless you treat it wrong. I believe your parents did have problems with that but you too have problems. You really shouldn't think that just because you are rich your friends will leave you for that.
But what really could hurt them is that you want to hide your richness too much and sometimes you don't act like yourself and you are always in a very sensitive mood about people thinking you are rich, that will be very uncomfortable for your friends.
So you really have to learn to deal with your richness and really shouldn't worry about frightening people away because of being rich. It's true that some people get frightened away by that but they don't deserve you to change or hide your true self for them.
I believe you want to live a normal life like everyone else. Point is: it's not the fact that you are rich so you can't live like that, it's really how you deal with them.
I'm writing this because I think to some point your friends are right, you are spoiled like other rich kids. Just in an opposite way. They think you are spoiled not because you are rich, but because you are not satisfied with richness and you don't understand what being not rich feels.
If you want peace with your parents you will really have peace with your money first.

Gregori
14-09-07, 02:46
You could donate all that money and wealth you don't seem to like to a deserving cause or a charity perhaps! Others-Help can be an amazing form of self-help :D

Charity and helping others is awesome and in very short supply in this world!

Mad Tony
14-09-07, 06:19

We seriously DO NOT need anymore of these whiney little threads, it's getting sick.I have to agree here.

Anyways, I think the idea of getting taken to school in a limo is a bit far-fetched.

@trXD: As many others have said, how is self harm gonna help you at all?

Anubis_AF
14-09-07, 06:21

Post of the year :tmb: Completely agree.

Stig911
14-09-07, 07:13
Sounds just like a rich version of my parents.
I've selfed harmed to, and now I wish I never done it, but you cant take back what you've done, and I know I'll probably do it again.

Necromanser
14-09-07, 07:35
Real friends dont judge you by your social status,race,ethnicity,sex,age etc,etc.These arent real friends if theyre jelous of you.
You should be grateful that your parents can afford all the things you want and all the necessities that you need like food,water,clothing etc,etc some families live of scraps and dress in rags so you have to be grateful that your parents have that much money

Greenkey2
14-09-07, 09:30

:tmb:

Excellent advice.

trXD, I can't imagine what is must be like in your position, but you must understand there are better ways of dealing with such problems than digging yourself an even bigger emotional hole to climb out of.

Notice to all members: To echo Mr Burns' point, if the presence of whiny threads annoys you, please ignore them rather than posting unproductive and vicious comments. They serve absolutely no purpose apart from demonstrating how little respect the poster has for other people.

danitiwa
14-09-07, 09:32
If something's bothering you, have a nice chat with your parents! There's a thing called closure! You need to help them understand what's wrong, so that they can help you and improve themselves. :hug: I understand it must be pretty hard for you.

And I suggest you all go to a therapist, together as a family and find the route of the problem. Attention seeking by hurting yourself is not healthy and it's not helping anything.:wve:

About your friends: It doesn't matter what they THINK, what matters is what you KNOW. ;)

nicola1986
14-09-07, 10:49
Always be proud of who you are and never let anyone make you feel bad for what your parents have achieved for you, they probably worked really hard to be where they are and probably would feel really bad if they knew that your friends were giving you a hard time because of something they'd earned for your future and something you can't change.

Just sit down and chat with your parents about what's bothering you and they'll probably understand and try to help.

As for your friends, you should make them realise they should be your friend no matter how much money you have and I'd think they'd be pleased for you instead of bitter. I certainly would :)

Please do not resort to self-harm as this is only more punishment to yourself and won't make you feel any better in the long run, I hope you no longer feel the need to do it and I know how hard it is to deal with. If you ever need to chat, I'm always here and a pm away :hug:

trXD
14-09-07, 15:07
I just had a seriouse chat with my parents and told them about everything

I even showed them some negative posts on this thread like "Your so spoilt! ect" to make them see how they are making me look and sometimes feel. I told them they can live how they want but they shouldnt guess that my biggest desire is to be picked up in a limo every day and have everything bought for me and that i want to live like everyone else so i dont feel so weird and unlimited

I think they get the picture now:D

nicola1986
14-09-07, 15:18
That's great news, I'm glad everything is working out well for you :hug:

trXD
14-09-07, 15:19
That's great news, I'm glad everything is working out well for you :hug:

paul123456
14-09-07, 15:35
I'd love to be rich.

myrmaad
14-09-07, 15:43
I just had a seriouse chat with my parents and told them about everything

I even showed them some negative posts on this thread like "Your so spoilt! ect" to make them see how they are making me look and sometimes feel. I told them they can live how they want but they shouldnt guess that my biggest desire is to be picked up in a limo every day and have everything bought for me and that i want to live like everyone else so i dont feel so weird and unlimited

I think they get the picture now:D

Good Job! :tmb:

maximum_123
14-09-07, 16:48

Same :rolleyes:

I went thorugh a simular thing once, TRXD. I don't really have much advice just talk it with your parents. Use agression and shout till they listen to you. If you just sit there and talk normally about it. They'll clear you off in a NEW limo. Trust me, it's happened. Don't be afraid to stand up to your parents, some of my friends are.

trXD
14-09-07, 19:23
I'd love to be rich.

that seems a bit of an irelavent post

Alot of people do but as extremely hard as it is to belive money dosent make you happy;)

paul123456
14-09-07, 19:36
Well maybe not rich but enough money to be safe and secure like. Anyways glad you sorted it out :)

trXD
14-09-07, 19:51
Well maybe not rich but enough money to be safe and secure like. Anyways glad you sorted it out :)

thanks

and yeah i guess i never realised how much more protection i have than other people

SparkleCroft07
14-09-07, 19:56
Glad you sorted it. Congrats! :)

Just be thankful of what you have, though.;)

Thorir
14-09-07, 19:56
Tell your parents what you feel.

You´re still young, try to make it out. Tell the truth to your parents!!!

trXD
14-09-07, 19:57
Tell your parents what you feel.

You´re still young, try to make it out. Tell the truth to your parents!!!

Before today i already had told me parents but today i told my parents in a seriouse conversation (which i already posted about) and i think they got the picture:D

And thanks to everyone that congratulated me:o

James_Rutland
14-09-07, 20:29
Well just be grateful you have them. ;)

Earthcane
14-09-07, 23:17
I guess we all get a little ****ed off with our family at times. The things they do and say can really get under your skin. But just remember that you wouldnt be here without them.

James_Rutland
14-09-07, 23:19
I guess we all get a little ****ed off with our family at times. The things they do and say can really get under your skin. But just remember that you wouldnt be here without them.

Ditto. Just remember, your parents won't always be there. You know that, you will regret this when they are long gone. :(

Earthcane
15-09-07, 00:02
No, dont get too morbid! But you have a point. Life is too short for trivial things like this, we have to cherish the moments we have with eachother before time makes fools of us all :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Forever_Laras_56
15-09-07, 00:18
No, dont get too morbid! But you have a point. Life is too short for trivial things like this, we have to cherish the moments we have with eachother before time makes fools of us all :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

well said Earthcane well said..:)

Earthcane
15-09-07, 01:03
It was Dumbledore who sed that. Poor Albus.