PDA

View Full Version : Reporting posts - how YOU can help US!

tlr online
14-09-07, 00:09
Folks.

Please assist us by reporting any inappropriate or illegal posts made on our forum. We are endeavouring to plant our eyeballs in as many places as possible, but on a forum as busy as ours it's a tall order. You can help us by using the Report Post feature built into our software. Our mods and admins are immediately emailed and can deal with issues very promptly.

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 00:17
what should we say when we click the report button? i mean it asks for a little text to be sent...

tlr online
14-09-07, 00:24
what should we say when we click the report button? i mean it asks for a little text to be sent...

Use the little "summary of complaint" text to tell me about the weather. ;)

2kool4u
14-09-07, 00:25

:vlol: Sure no problem!

Izzie404
14-09-07, 00:27
How do we do the Reporting? Is there a button, or do we do it manually?

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 00:28

ok i asked for an answer like that...:vlol:
i can always say that the weather here is quite good

@izzie-use the little triangle near the online sign...

bloodstormaoa
14-09-07, 00:28
Quick change of phrasing there, I noticed Justin :whi:

No problem. I'll help in any way I can :)

2kool4u
14-09-07, 00:33
He Justin the weather is Chilli! A high of 60 degrees with a nice evening breeze! LOL
i promise to do my best

Mr.Burns
14-09-07, 00:52
Will do. :tmb:

dannyb37
14-09-07, 00:55
How do we do the Reporting? Is there a button, or do we do it manually?

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/buttons/report.gif

look for this button, on the left of the post! ;)

PARANOIA
14-09-07, 01:00
Folks.

Please assist us by reporting any inappropriate or illegal posts made on our forum. We are endeavouring to plant our eyeballs in as many places as possible, but on a forum as busy as ours it's a tall order. You can help us by using the Report Post feature built into our software. Our mods and admins are immediately emailed and can deal with issues very promptly.

Well I reported the troll thread that we had earlier, and I'm sure others had too. I tend to report things which get out of hand. Unfortunately there happened to be no moderators on at the time. Oh, well.

I'll continue to report as I always have done.

Tomb-Raider
14-09-07, 01:16
I always use that button.

But seriously, it never seems to help

Zac Medley
14-09-07, 05:17
I have used the ! button a couple of times and the posts were cleaned up lickety-split.

Keep up the good work :tmb:

jamieoliver22
14-09-07, 07:08
I use the report button most of the time whenever there are any bad posts/threads about.

daventry
14-09-07, 07:53
Will do Captain.

tomblover
14-09-07, 08:22
I'll get around to report anything inapropriate I see. :wve: :)

Greenkey2
14-09-07, 09:19
Thanks guys :wve: :hug:

But you know Justin, things would be so much simpler if wetried out some of those genetic experiments I was telling you about. You remember; the ones involving moderators and the notorious thousand-eyed, poisonous sea-spider of darkest Agalantabaaarbra? :whi:

Zac Medley
14-09-07, 10:02
Even better is the guided missile system which can target lock on the GPS coordinates of the terminal where flagged posts originate :D

That can solve your problem real quick.

nicola1986
14-09-07, 10:29
Will do :pi:

lol at greenkey & zac, slightly scared and hopes they are joking...

Alex Fly
14-09-07, 10:35
I report each time I see it's necessary. :tmb:

myrmaad
14-09-07, 10:48
I'm not sure of the boundary, it's probably me crossing it, so I don't report, I'd probably have to report myself!

Titanium
14-09-07, 11:58
Reporting yourself would be fun :D "I called somebody a ****ing ****, I think that warrants a two week ban from here!"

Rivendell
14-09-07, 12:04
But you know Justin, things would be so much simpler if wetried out some of those genetic experiments I was telling you about. You remember; the ones involving moderators and the notorious thousand-eyed, poisonous sea-spider of darkest Agalantabaaarbra? :whi:

:D

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/6394/gilliamholygrail4ei4.jpg

Tomb Raider Master
14-09-07, 14:55
^ LOL! :D

Yes, please guys. You have no idea how helpful it can be sometimes. :)

scion05
14-09-07, 15:00
Isn't it faster just to PM :p

Tomb Raider Master
14-09-07, 15:00
Isn't it faster just to PM :p
It's fine that way as well, but reports are sent to all the moderators in a specific section.

Lara Croft!
14-09-07, 15:01
It's nice to know that each and every one of us can be of help!

scion05
14-09-07, 15:05
It's fine that way as well, but reports are sent to all the moderators in a specific section.

Ah ok, its just i had a problem with a post and had to report,
but i think nobody got the mail so i pm'ed! :p

Anajrob
14-09-07, 15:32
I've got a few questions: How it works? Is it like a PM or what? And you know who sent the report when you read it? Do you? :confused:

Anyways, I'll be glad to help. :)

Beanz
14-09-07, 15:43
Okies :).

SamReeves
14-09-07, 15:57
I'm not sure of the boundary, it's probably me crossing it, so I don't report, I'd probably have to report myself!

:mis::cln::mis::cln::mis::cln::mis::cln::mis::cln:

Greenkey2
14-09-07, 17:36
Even better is the guided missile system which can target lock on the GPS coordinates of the terminal where flagged posts originate :D

That can solve your problem real quick.

Now there's an idea :whi: :mis: Or maybe just an electric buzzer to zap the bum of terminal spammers....

:D

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/6394/gilliamholygrail4ei4.jpg

:yik: What are you doing posting top-secret images of my lab for?! Now everyone knows the truth!! *cries*

I've got a few questions: How it works? Is it like a PM or what? And you know who sent the report when you read it? Do you? :confused:

Anyways, I'll be glad to help. :)

The report post function sends all the moderators of that section an email, in which the reporter gives a brief explanation of the problem (this is spam, spam bot etc). It also lets us know who it was sent the report :wve:

xcrushterx
14-09-07, 17:38
The report post function sends all the moderators of that section an email, in which the reporter gives a brief explanation of the problem (this is spam, spam bot etc). It also lets us know who it was sent the report :wve:
Ah, usefull, thanks ;)

Do you get a lot of bogus reports (People abusing it, I should say)? :p

Greenkey2
14-09-07, 17:42
Ah, usefull, thanks ;)

Do you get a lot of bogus reports (People abusing it, I should say)? :p

Fortunately not ;) The vast majority of people here are friendly, helpful and intelligent, and who're more than happy to do what they can to help keep the forum going :hug:

xcrushterx
14-09-07, 17:43
Fortunately not ;) The vast majority of people here are friendly, helpful and intelligent, and who're more than happy to do what they can to help keep the forum going :hug:
Good :D

I report posts sometimes... I never know what to say in the report though... I feel like a spoon everytime I report them lol...

Lavinder
14-09-07, 17:47
Good :D

I report posts sometimes... I never know what to say in the report though... I feel like a spoon everytime I report them lol...

Ditto, I always say to myself "Am I doing it right?" :p

Anajrob
14-09-07, 17:47

Thanks. :)