PDA

View Full Version : Any REGGAE fans ???

Jiji
14-09-07, 08:15
I wonder as the forum is soooo big are there any reggae fans here?
Because I'm a big fan I like Bob Marley, Desmond Dekker, Damian and Ziggy Marley and a lot of others of cousrse :D

So any fans here ? :)

tomblover
14-09-07, 08:19
<--- <3's Bob Marley (And Baha Men, if they count... :p)

Lara Coft Baby
14-09-07, 08:19
I listen to a bit of Reggae, I like Damian and Ziggy Marley Is Daddy Yankee reggae? :p

Necromanser
14-09-07, 08:35
daddy yankee is reggaeton
I listen to some reggae when I want to relax

Jiji
14-09-07, 08:54
At least I'm not the only one :p
I like reggae songs they are very...hmm....calm and piecefull :)
And If you listen close they always have interesting texts and everyone of them has It's own specific meaning

danitiwa
14-09-07, 08:58
My dad makes me listen to the police. >.<

But Bob is a genius; definately.

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 09:56
My dad makes me listen to the police. >.<

hey the police are good... :mad:
:p

well i sometimes hear some bob marley... :pi: i never told this :pi:

myrmaad
14-09-07, 12:18
Yes I love Reggae, I LOVE Jamaica http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/icons/heart.gif

I love Black Uhuru, my favorite is "Happiness":
9ThtmkIqy6g

Another fave is Garnet Silk, this one's called "Evacuate":
3IdfQlO-YFc

Toots & Maytals, here is a fun one to get you on your feet!
LWZB7tF5GbE

If you're still with me you're in for a very special treat, one more, "Toots, Rock the Reggae!";)
WyCE7pptXYI

one from the Master:
ojLfW7cU4iQ

And a nice likkle medley (with an education):
9G2v5pGX50g

Can't resist my fave version of this one!!!
vodZfoPtv2I

Evvyting good, mon.

... Jamiaca, Jamaica...

Rivendell
14-09-07, 12:26
Since my brother and sister both listen to Reggae, I was sort of brought up listening to it - and I love it!

Favourite track has to be Rita Marley's One Draw. Having that blasting out has me in my element! :D

I love Marley's Buffalo Soldier and naturally, One Love.

Lara Coft Baby
14-09-07, 12:40
daddy yankee is reggaeton
Well it says reggae on his myspace profile.

Anajrob
14-09-07, 12:41
hey the police are good... :mad:
:p

well i sometimes hear some bob marley... :pi: i never told this :pi:

:pi: me too - yes - he has some nice songs :pi:

Jiji
14-09-07, 17:46
Yes I love Reggae, I LOVE Jamaica
one from the Master:
ojLfW7cU4iQ

Can't resist my fave version of this one!!!
vodZfoPtv2I

Evvyting good, mon.

... Jamiaca, Jamaica...
The first one is a gery good song I love it
And the second I've heard it for the first time with Sean Paul and Ziggy :D I love it thanks for that :)

And yeah mon Jamaica :p I just love this music

Since my brother and sister both listen to Reggae, I was sort of brought up listening to it - and I love it!

Favourite track has to be Rita Marley's One Draw. Having that blasting out has me in my element! :D

I love Marley's Buffalo Soldier and naturally, One Love.

Yes One Draw Is my favourite from Ritas songs. I like also Buffalo soldier and one love. But buffalo soldier Is one of my most favourites The lyrics are just brilliant (kinda makes me sad sometimes but I love it :))

gtkilla
14-09-07, 18:18
I LOVE Reggae! :D :tmb: However, I'm into the more modern/fast-paced stuff as opposed to the slow classics...I still love those, though.

larson n natla
14-09-07, 18:19
im not a paticualra fan but i do love it when i hear it :D

snork
14-09-07, 19:43
Yes, I like Reggae, though mostly roots rock reggae and even more Dub Reggae and none of the uptempo stuff but maybe a little ska now and then.

Dillinger, Tappa Zukie, Peter Tosh (I once missed a all-of-a-sudden open air concert in my hometown because I previously already changed duty for that weekend. It was a success , he said he wanted to return, but then he was shot down :( ) and some of Big Youth (e.g. Survival plan), to name my current most favourites.

--------------

I happen to like anarchic musical crimes, So there are reggae songs like "Irish Girls" from Black 47 (good 'celtic' reggae with bagpipes involved :D ) , reggae in german (Nina Hagen, dread poet society ... ) and of course my favourite version of a reggae song for all times : "no woman, no cry" performed by Nenes in Okinawa style :)

Beware : LOW sound quality :( (and the ending has been cut off)

http://www.youtube.com/v/bV3hGuAcgrY

You like it, for (non-reggae) look out for "Nenes", "Begin" or generally for "Okinawa"
------------------------------
Hm, I'm not familiar at all with presenting Youtube stuff embedded and did not get it to work, that's why I just post the link.

myrmaad
14-09-07, 19:55
^I like most of that, but that last one truly is a crime! :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-09-07, 20:44
HUGE Bob Marley/Damian Marley fan right here. I also like Ziggy Marley and Stephen Marley. Reggae is awesome, and "Could You Be Loved" remixed by Damian Marley is seriously the best thing ever.

Reggie
14-09-07, 22:20
Had to glance twice at the title, I thought it was a thread about me for a sec (Reggie/Reggae) :vlol:

I actually really quite like Reggae if I'm in the mood for it :)

Jiji
15-09-07, 12:17
HUGE Bob Marley/Damian Marley fan right here. I also like Ziggy Marley and Stephen Marley. Reggae is awesome, and "Could You Be Loved" remixed by Damian Marley is seriously the best thing ever.

Have you heard Damian Marley - Stand a chance This is one of my favourites. soo beautifull :)