PDA

View Full Version : Hypoglycemia sucks!!

Encore
14-09-07, 14:30
The doctor says I have hypoglycemia which means I have very low blood sugar. Sometimes you can have like "crisis" of this condition, that feel horrible.
And here's an example of how much that sucks.:o
Yesterday I drank a bit too much - well not too much for a regular person, but I hadn't eaten much the whole day (something hypoglycemic persons should never do) and after a while I got sick. And then my blood pressure just dropped like THAT, I could hardly MOVE, and I was shaking like crazy! :yik: And my heart started beating extremely fast, I panicked, and for a moment I also felt like the room was unbearably hot. I just read wikipedia and these are all typical symptoms though. I thought I was going to pass out (and I was home alone). It was insane! And scary.
Then I ate some cookies, a couple of spoons of sugar and a coke and eventually it stopped.
Now I'm ok, although I still feel a bit weak (but I'm eating decently today so I hope this all goes away sooner or later). I swear I never wanna go through that again, it's scary. :o Alcohol seems to make it a lot worst and that sucks even more. :/

Alex Fly
14-09-07, 14:33
Awwww... I know what you mean. :( :hug:

I suffered of crisis of hypoglycemia in the past, when I was a teenager...

nicola1986
14-09-07, 14:49
That sounds awful, I hope your okay, at least you know what it is now and can try and avoid it :hug:

Encore
14-09-07, 14:59
That sounds awful, I hope your okay, at least you know what it is now and can try and avoid it :hug:

That's true.. Unfortunately I'm not always that wise, sometimes I don't feel like eating anything for a long time so I don't. Stupid me.:hea:

Thanks guys :hug:

nicola1986
14-09-07, 15:01
I'm the same, I sometimes don't have much appetite, if you try and get into a routine (which can be difficult I know) of eating even small meals it might help, good luck :hug:

L.C
14-09-07, 17:46
I also have hypoglycemia; have had it since I was a teenager. It's not fun when you start to get the shakes, but I hardly suffer much as over the years it just became a habit of mine to eat when I am hungry, even if it's a tiny little snack, as avoiding it will almost always trigger a drop. I also try to cut down on sugar in general, and eat more protein, which stays in the blood longer.

It may be shocking to you now, but in time you'll probably just get on with it and not think twice about the new habits you'll have to take on.

:)

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 17:49
awww :(
that's bad:(
:hug:
take care, eat well and all should be ok :)

Greenkey2
14-09-07, 18:03
I've also suffered with this on and off the last ten years or so. We always keep a sugary drink and some biscuits in for when I go shaky. Just keep an eye on what you eat and when, and you should be fine :hug:

Encore
14-09-07, 19:12
Thanks guys! I knew I had the thing but I never had a crisis so I think this was really my wake up call to improve my eating habits. :o
My problem is that I have really bad appetite issues, sometimes I just don't feel like eating and I practically have to force myself. :( I have to be more strict and make a "schedule" though.

I also try to cut down on sugar in general, and eat more protein, which stays in the blood longer.

I didn't thought about this, thanks for the tip..