PDA

View Full Version : A freaky obsession I've developed (please help)

~*~Chloe~*~
14-09-07, 21:49
OKay this is a strange thing thats happened to me in the last few weeks. Half of the people in my year all stick together, these are the people who are considered "popular" which they probably are. The girls walk around with there fancy ear piercings and stuff and our half of the year get called names and get looked down on most of the time.

I REALLY want to be one of these girls, they are so beautiful and all go around the town on Saturday in big gangs. I spend hours on there Bebo pages checking them out and looking at there pics. If I was to post a pic of one of them without telling you who it is you would think they were models, no doubt about it.

WHATS HAPPENING TO ME

PARANOIA
14-09-07, 21:52
Be yourself.

RockSteady101
14-09-07, 21:52
*Sings* Puh Puh-Puh P-Puh Peer Pressure

Simple As ;)

ThomasCroft
14-09-07, 21:55
Please be who you are. Don't be influenced by other people. Please. I try so hard in my life to tell people this. When you're older you won't be strutting the streets of the town, you'll be getting on with YOUR life.

When people base their lives on fiction such as this, they get lost in the long-run.

~*~Chloe~*~
14-09-07, 21:59
This is another thing I forgot to mention. I'll only ever buy an outfit I like if I've seen one of these girls wear it. I drove part one a few days back and I was just staring out of the window to get a good look at what she's wearing to buy it when I next go shopping.

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 21:59
don't give a **** about that!
be yourself and you'll be loved that way ;)

jamieoliver22
14-09-07, 22:01
Be yourself.

Agreed.

Voni
14-09-07, 22:10
These girls are basing their lives on how they appear, and trust me, been there, done that. It's as boring as hell! Be yourself, they're not important anyway, and you're much more interesting :D

Reggie
14-09-07, 22:10
Please don't sell your soul to fit in with the crowd.
I urge you to check out this video by Pink (Stupid Girls)

53YIGn32JrQ

BtoFu
14-09-07, 22:12
There's nothing wrong with seeking a bit of attention/approval from crowds, it's how social circles in all walks of life function afterall. I suppose all I would say is don't take your pandering to extremes. Buying clothes you don't necessarily need, for example, is asking a bit much given that you're in school and will only do yourself out of pocket in the long run - with no certainty that you'll mesh with these people anyway. Be tough on yourself and set limits to what you're willing to do in order to make friends...fly for realism.

ThomasCroft
14-09-07, 22:17
Please don't sell your soul to fit in with the crowd.
I urge you to check out this video by Pink (Stupid Girls)

53YIGn32JrQ

Oooooh I love that song, classic P!nk and SO TRUE!! I think everyone should watch it.

Night Crawler
14-09-07, 22:18
WHATS HAPPENING TO ME
Nothing is happening to you, how dramatic. I'm sorry, but do you have no control over yourself? Jesus.

Anajrob
14-09-07, 22:29
Don't give a damn. ;)

Now - post a pic of them :vlol: :p - Sorry :(

~*~Chloe~*~
14-09-07, 22:42
May I also say there has been a lot of horrible rumours going around about me. People saying I'm a lesbian, have a girlfriend on the internet and that I **** myself. Which is probably why none of them get along with me. This is what they look like btw:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2381/2121034169a5105257552ltx1.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7364/4135021736a5385817341lqc5.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8498/20273427a4671487731lek6.jpg

Taken from their Bebo pages. Ladies and gents...the lasses of my year.

Dakaruch
14-09-07, 22:45
so what? they look good, but that doesn't matter...
be yourself! don't care about what others say, about what others think!
do you have good friends?

Voni
They are the most vacant and blatantly self obsessed people I've seen in a good long while. You want to be like them why?

Oh, and their dress sense sucks. Believe me.

Beanz
Trust me, they're usually nothing but trouble, youdon't wanna go mixing with those people, they don't pay attention in school, just remember: grass isn;t always greener on the other side.

Oh... and be yourself :)

Reggie
14-09-07, 22:46
Its ultimately up to you. Did you check out the video?
Are these girls so beautiful inside? hmm I think not and even though this may sound cliched, its what's on the inside that counts. And it counts nothing to people like that going by these nasty rumours spread about you.

I'm the kind of person that gets odd glances at times because of what I say or believe and even some plain out nastiness from some. But I'm so glad I've never made an effort to conform. Its just not me.

Lavinder
14-09-07, 22:47
I REALLY want to be one of these girls, they are so beautiful and all go around the town on Saturday in big gangs. I spend hours on there Bebo pages checking them out and looking at there pics. If I was to post a pic of one of them without telling you who it is you would think they were models, no doubt about it.

I go through exactly the same thing as you, so far I've never managed to look as amazing as they do, I never manage to have their social life - but hell, who cares but me?

Soma Holiday
14-09-07, 22:48
Let me ask you a question...

Do you like these girls for more than there popularity and looks? Are they people that you would actually be friends with otherwise?

Honest to god, I see nothing special in those pics. I see drones. I see the same boring old thing, and that means that you would be the same boring old thing.

Get over it. be yourself. You'll meet people like you and will be a lot happier than if you try to be someone else, because then you'll attract people that are NOTHING like you and you will never be happy.

~*~Chloe~*~
14-09-07, 22:55
I've never been lucky enough to get close to any of these girls, heck I've tried but where has it got me? Yeh I saw that video, I've seen it before but I couldnt help watching again. And another reason I wanna be part of there gang is...the attention they get, the fun they seem to have and the way they're always going out.

BtoFu
14-09-07, 23:06
When 'be yourself' constitutes obsessing over matters such as this one doesn't it at least make a stroke of sense to try and get what you want? Regardless of how anyone in here sees fit to pass judgement on a few pics of the girls in question, it's a bit naive to think talk like that will help her get over her obvious clique infatuation. 'Be yourself' carries an inherant contradiction from the get-go...how many people here NEVER front or attempt to project yourselves as something more than you are? You're all little fonts of perfect harmony if you don't.

Reggie
14-09-07, 23:15
I guess the best thing for you to do is to talk to a professional who knows what to say on the matter. There's usually a youth advisor at school, if you just check around or there should be a drop in service elsewhere. It may be worth your while.

Edit: Link to Connexions (and relevant page) (http://www.connexions-direct.com/index.cfm?go=Relationships)

Perhaps I'm not the best person to give advice as someone who finds it easy not to conform and can still be relatively happy (we all have our ups and downs after all...even those girls I bet ;)).

tlr online
14-09-07, 23:28
OKay this is a strange thing thats happened to me in the last few weeks. Half of the people in my year all stick together, these are the people who are considered "popular" which they probably are. The girls walk around with there fancy ear piercings and stuff and our half of the year get called names and get looked down on most of the time.

WHATS HAPPENING TO ME

Be yourself.

^ What they said. 100% be yourself. Everyone else it taken. ;)

Seriously tho. Don't succumb to peer pressure. I don't mean to patronise when I say you'll look back and laugh at them.

Izzie404
14-09-07, 23:50
Okay. The suggestion to "be yourself" is good and all, but that cannot always be that simple. Maybe you should try to meet up with them if you see them on their "hangout days." If you genuinely like what they have to talk about, then maybe you do belong in their clique, and you should work your best to fit in, but if you do not care for their discussions and/or humour, then get yourself out of there, and leave them in your dust!
You should find out more about their character than their clothing.

~*~Chloe~*~
15-09-07, 00:01
They seem nice, is not easy to just go up to them tho, especially when they're saying all of this stuff about me. I had to sit with one a while back, I tried to fit in but she didnt give me the chance.

Camera Obscura
15-09-07, 00:24
The thing is, even if by some chance they accept you, you only have to wear the "wrong" outfit one day or believe in the "wrong" ideas and they'll kick you out of their group. So it's not worth trying to be one of them nor is it worth trying to look like one of them. Wear what you like, think what you like, and talk to who you like. I can guarantee you that soon, you'll forget all about your obsession with them. Who knows, you may end up creating an awesome group of friends of your very own in which other people will want to be apart of. ;)

Quasimodo
15-09-07, 00:28
Usually large social groups have small cliques in them, so joining a group like that might actually get you caught into several more webs of lies and rumours.

So...they all wear tank tops and use hair irons? Nothin' special about that..

Indiana Croft
15-09-07, 02:43
Honey, if you worship the ground these girls walk on you'll lose you're own ground. You've got to think. You are not them. You'll never be them. You can only be you. Quit paying attention to what makes them special. What makes YOU special. Because you is all you can be. :)

troy tr
15-09-07, 06:11
They look plastic by the way. Too artificial. I like normal human beings more:)
Have you watched "Mean Girls"? Check it on youtube if you havent.;)

vespertea
15-09-07, 06:41
They look plastic by the way. Too artificial. I like normal human beings more:)
Have you watched "Mean Girls"? Check it on youtube if you havent.;)

One of the best movies I've ever seen. Hilarious. :vlol:

But, I'm agreeing with what's been said already. Focus on who you are, not who you're not.

nicola1986
15-09-07, 10:09
It's quite normal to want to be popular, I did for a while when I was younger but I pictured myself being like that and looking down my nose at other people like they did and it scared me, I never want to be like that to people just because they don't look the same. I'd never talk about people because they're different.

And Justin is right, you do laugh at them when your older. I wouldn't swap places with them with how they've turned out, I'll be honest ;)

I think if you just be yourself like many people have already suggested then you can't go wrong and you won't be disappointed with yourself, if they don't like who you are now then they can't be that great can they? :):hug:

Greenkey2
15-09-07, 10:40
They seem nice,

Empahsis on seem.

is not easy to just go up to them tho, especially when they're saying all of this stuff about me.

If they had anything worthwhile beneath that thin overlay of looking good, they wouldn't be doing this - plain and simple. They sounds like they're a bunch of vapid, image-obsessed twits who simply don't deserve your friendship. Know what friendship is? It's sticking with someone no matter what they look like or who their friends are. Please, for the love of god, don't fall into the trap of wanting to be popular so much you end up sacrificing what and who you are to 'get in with the crowd'

I had to sit with one a while back, I tried to fit in but she didnt give me the chance.

Surely this more than anything else tells you all you need to know about them.

Stuff what you or others think you should be like, and concentrate on what you are like. It's a shallow, lonely world otherwise m'dear.

larson n natla
15-09-07, 11:19

WHATS HAPPENING TO ME

SNAP OUT OF IT

these girls are nasty people if they skit you for not being in there gang

be your self have your own freinds dont give in to being like them there steriotypical bullies imo

Valixia
15-09-07, 11:19
Girls like that aren't worth your time, trust me. I used to be one of them, or should I say, pretended to be. I didn't purposely try to be friends with them though, it just happened when I first started school.
They liked me, and I liked them too at first, but to be honest, I was never happy being with them, because girls like them are the most BORING, shallow idiots i've ever met. All they talk about is boys, makeup, clothes and drinking. After I left school I forgot all about them and never contacted them again, now i'm in Uni and i've met really nice, pretty friends who are actually interesting.

But I can't stress this enough; dumb gangs of arrogant, prissy school girls who think they are the most important people in the world, are not worth your time, because even if you did ever get to be 'friends' with them, chances are you'll regret it like I did. It's no fun being with people who you have nothing in common with.

Anajrob
15-09-07, 13:27
They are not so special, belive me ;) - They don't look good either ;)