PDA

View Full Version : The General Venting/Petty Rant Thread

Quasimodo
15-09-07, 00:21
Mods can close this if they like, but I thought it might be cool to consolidate all of the bad hair days and boyfriend/girlfriend/parent boss fights and stubbed toe threads into one. It can be funny, too, looking back on all the little stuff that gets our knickers in a twist.

O.K., inaugural rant: The pantry has been nearing empty, etc., so I've been running on a diet coke and a sandwich all day. It's Friday and my Dad's 51st birthday so I'm looking forward to a good dinner. So the family friends come over and decide to treat us to....*dun dun dun* CHINESE TAKE-OUT.

Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhh....

The Chinese takeout and buffet places around here are dependably mediocre or worse. My dad's friends like to get lots of food cheaply, taste be damned. How bad is it? Mystery meat in goopy red sauce. Blech. The last time I ate at a Chinese food buffet, it was just to humour my Dad and even then I was grimacing with every luke-warm, squelchy, chewy, tasteless bite. This happened after I swore off CFB's for a long time after I had such a lovely time projectile vomiting shrimp into the toilet so hard little shrimp bits ricocheted off the walls.

Luckily there's still a can of Wolf brand chili in the pantry ;)

Writing is truly cathartic. C'mon, jump on the rant bandwagon!

ThomasCroft
15-09-07, 00:25
I am so lonely and depressed at the moment. I feel so ugly and worthless and freaky and unattractive but I feel like that a lot of the time. And I believe I'm never going to get involved in a relationship in my life because I feel so disgusting.

/rant.

PARANOIA
15-09-07, 00:37
I'm a misanthrope. I hate people. People get in the way of everything. That's why I'm near my computer so much.

Oh, and I hate the Democrats.

Edit: I'm getting sick of these people who chain 20 animated smileys after another. It's not only repetitive, it's also very immature.

Ikas90
15-09-07, 00:45
I'm currently annoyed at my parents because they don't want to let me travel around Europe by myself... But it's something that's important to me, and I want to do it. If I don't, then it will make me sick inside.

Also, my mother this morning badmouthed and swore at me for like, a pathetic reason: Because my hair was a bit messy. Such is life. :rolleyes:

Eddie Haskell
15-09-07, 00:55
I hate the republicans... a whole lot. So much so that I just contributed another $500 to the Obama campaign. Of course living here in Chicago, the land where republicans fear to tread life is more pleasant...:)

PARANOIA
15-09-07, 01:01
I hate the republicans... a whole lot. So much so that I just contributed another $500 to the Obama campaign. Of course living here in Chicago, the land where republicans fear to tread life is more pleasant...:)

Granted, the $500 could have done better towards a private charity, but hey, it's your money, not mine. If you're in support of higher taxes and a broken healthcare system, I can't really argue against you.

Eddie Haskell
15-09-07, 01:04
Granted, the $500 could have done better towards a private charity, but hey, it's your money, not mine. If you're in support of higher taxes and a broken healthcare system, I can't really argue against you.

Higher taxes, not really. But the broken health care system is here now. Hell, I get the best of care as a retired military officer. But not many others can afford it. So if higher taxes mean the poor get better and preventative health care than I don't mind paying for it.

Soma Holiday
15-09-07, 01:06
I am so lonely and depressed at the moment. I feel so ugly and worthless and freaky and unattractive but I feel like that a lot of the time. And I believe I'm never going to get involved in a relationship in my life because I feel so disgusting.

/rant.

I feel the same way.

I also feel like I overact to everything too much on an emotional level. If my friend doesn't call me, I instantly feel like there mad at me or something, when they more than likely forgot or just didn't feel like it.

I'm also depressed cause well, I feel like life is pointless. I don't have anything to look forward to other than growing up, getting a job, and getting married. I wish there was a zombie apocalypse, just for some excitement. These thoughts bother me. I'm worried about myself.

I consider myself a loner, but more than half the time, I am lonely. You can't be a lonely loner, it just doesn't work that way.

How come my friends are so much different than me?! I talk about things that are important to me, and its like they don't care. Why can't I meet people who feel as passionately about things as I do? it's not fair. people are so stupid. I hate them.

:cen:

PARANOIA
15-09-07, 01:07
Higher taxes, not really. But the broken health care system is here now. Hell, I get the best of care as a retired military officer. But not many others can afford it. So if higher taxes mean the poor get better and preventative health care than I don't mind paying for it.

If the poor became poor, there's usually a reason for it. The government has this trouble with something called "bureaucracy", and the constant need for red tape and increased tax revenues, strangely, leads to lower revenues (people spend less and therefore businesses sell less, it's all basic economics) and thus less funding for projects. If that happens, there's no privatized health care system to fall back on. Lower the taxes, however, and all of a sudden people have more money to buy things, and they can afford private health care, more so if the FairTax is implemented.

Soma Holiday
15-09-07, 01:10
Oh yeah!

And how come the fire alarm at this stupid dorm has gone off 3 times THIS WEEK!! 2 times in 1 DAY!! and at 2 AM!! WTH??

And how come that stupid car alarm outside my window seems to go off every time I'm ALMOST asleep?

Why do people have to be so fricken loud at 3 am! And why is the Tropical Smoothie Cafe SO expensive?

And finally...why are the Trees in the Old Forest on LOTRO so fricken mean...I don't bother them, why can't they leave me the hell alone!.....

findme
15-09-07, 01:10
i need cash. now.

Twilight
15-09-07, 01:11
beautiful thread, just what i needed.

its sept 14th 07 9:06pm

my mom just told me that i "dont think properly" just cuz i said winning the lottery doesnt solve all problems. her ignorance is beyond me.

as stupid as it sounds, i cant tell which lara i lik best. shes stiff in TR1-3, absolutly annoying in TR4. quite rude in tr5. shes ok in tr6, xcept a bit too angry and shouldve killed kurtis (who the hell made him? who the hell Agreed to keep him?). tr7, shes too happy-go-lucky, get a personality and backbone already. same with Tra, and she has a fishlip too. i really hate eido$ for not releasing core's anniversary. change the name and get double the money :cen:.

my hair's a mess, but it feels light, so thats fine

i hate karima adebibe as a lara model. shes not lara, get over it.

and i HATE school! and all the retards in it.

:mad:

alrite im fine now.

Twilight
15-09-07, 01:12
i need cash. now.

get bank loans and borrow from relatives.

:/

Eddie Haskell
15-09-07, 01:12
If the poor became poor, there's usually a reason for it. The government has this trouble with something called "bureaucracy", and the constant need for red tape and increased tax revenues, strangely, leads to lower revenues (people spend less and therefore businesses sell less, it's all basic economics) and thus less funding for projects. If that happens, there's no privatized health care system to fall back on. Lower the taxes, however, and all of a sudden people have more money to buy things, and they can afford private health care, more so if the FairTax is implemented.

The wealthy will always find a way to get the most immediate and finest health care. Believe me, there will still be pay-for-play doctors and facilities.

And your economic "theories" are pulled right from Reaganomics. All they did was put more money into less peoples pockets. A kind of reverse Robin Hood effect.

MiCkiZ88
15-09-07, 01:18
I hate my town. It's full of unemployed people & almost bankrupt. Yet the town still decides to take more loan and use tax money on the ****ing Snowcastle. Just wonderful :)

SamReeves
15-09-07, 01:27
I'm a misanthrope. I hate people. People get in the way of everything. That's why I'm near my computer so much.

Oh, and I hate the Democrats.

Edit: I'm getting sick of these people who chain 20 animated smileys after another. It's not only repetitive, it's also very immature.

Hate's a pretty strong word gentlemen. Though I share Paranoia's sentiment on politics, I don't "hate" the Democrats. Intense dislike of the Democrats? Heck yeah!! :p

myrmaad
15-09-07, 01:30
I have a fun husband :)

Quasimodo
15-09-07, 01:30
I hate it when I'm in the righthand lane at a red light with my right turn signal on, and people behind me start honking because I don't feel like risking my neck so they can make a turn a few seconds sooner. Good gracious.

And I'm talking about one of those intersections that's a feeder crossing an underpass, so when you're driving an average size car you can't see if someone is hurtling toward the intersection to make it through the yellow light.

Eddie Haskell
15-09-07, 01:31
Hate's a pretty strong word gentlemen. Though I share Paranoia's sentiment on politics, I don't "hate" the Democrats. Intense dislike of the Democrats? Heck yeah!! :p

Change your avatar Sam, I can't argue with a pretty face. Even one named Sam...;)

PARANOIA
15-09-07, 01:32
Change your avatar Sam, I can't argue with a pretty face. Even one named Sam...;)

I find it easy to argue against the agape stare in your avatar, Eddie. ;)

And of course you wouldn't argue with a fighter pilot. :D

myrmaad
15-09-07, 01:33
If you weren't usually so sensible, P, I would get off on shooting you down myself.

Izzie404
15-09-07, 01:35
I have a problem with being prepared, and I can't go anywhere unless there is a set destination and there is money that will cover more than double what I need... I''m too shy and lazy to go out in public, but I'm attending a Lancer Joust for my school tomorrrow, so.. should be fun. The main reason I'm going is because another school attending has people who I used to go to camp with, so it's a nice reunion... :D

PARANOIA
15-09-07, 01:35
If you weren't usually so sensible, P, I would get off on shooting you down myself.

There's no defense like common sense. :)

Eddie Haskell
15-09-07, 01:37

Heheheh, that's why I chose this one! Eddie is supposed to aggravate everyone. And I actually nearly had a fist fight with a fighter pilot around 4 years ago in Afghanistan. Well, he was actually a helicopter pilot but close enough. :)

LaraCablara
15-09-07, 01:40
I'm not really in a ranting mood, but the thought of going to school on Monday makes me want to throw up, and the fact that I'm probably going to have to wake up every morning at 6 am and take the public bus which never has a seat left for me to school for the next few years bothers me, a lot. :wve:.

BtoFu
15-09-07, 01:49
I should be getting laid right now. Yeah that's my biggest complaint. :pi:

SamReeves
15-09-07, 01:54

LOL! I just might go with those for now on. :D

Neither would I. One of my friends is an old Tomcat pilot. Those pilots have excellent reflexes I assure you.

Heheheh, that's why I chose this one! Eddie is supposed to aggravate everyone. And I actually nearly had a fist fight with a fighter pilot around 4 years ago in Afghanistan. Well, he was actually a helicopter pilot but close enough. :)

Holy crap. What was the discussion about?

Eddie Haskell
15-09-07, 02:22
LOL! I just might go with those for now on. :D

Neither would I. One of my friends is an old Tomcat pilot. Those pilots have excellent reflexes I assure you.

Holy crap. What was the discussion about?

Don't remember too much except it was about football, we were both quite intoxicated. :o

Indiana Croft
15-09-07, 02:49
My mother is the most self-victimizing, emotionaly unstable, voracious most self centered drama queen desperate housewife it has ever been my displeasure to be associated to!