PDA

View Full Version : NightWish *Thread for Nightwish*

tr.fan
15-09-07, 13:02
Well this was needed i always loved NightWish and Tarja *too bad shes fired :(*
Well are you happy with her to be fired ??? Do you Like the New Vocalist???

Speak Here :)

Nemo_91
15-09-07, 13:05
A Nightwish thread! Great! :tmb:

I think Anette has a very good voice. :) Of course it's weaker than Tarja's voice but still amazing :D

Alex Fly
15-09-07, 13:46
A Nightwish thread !!! :yah:

Nightwish is my favorite band.

I loved Tarja in Nightwish. She was amazing. I wish her a great career. She has an exceptionnal voice.
But I love Anette too. Her style is different but I've listened the new album and all I can say is wow ! :tmb:

This new album is going to become my favorite. All the songs rock ! :jmp:

Tthe Spirit
15-09-07, 13:54
Holy God...

at first i thought you werev talking about our friend Nightwish...
:vlol:...

Lol, i have never heard of this band...

NemesisxAngelus
15-09-07, 14:40
Nightwish <3 I'm currently wearing a t-shirt of Nightwish :D ahh this brings me in the mood to play some songs :)

NightWish
15-09-07, 14:40
lol At 1st I was like :yik: because I thought I was looking at another forum section :vlol:

well obviously I like NW but they arent my fav band. Actually I dont have a fav band. It depends on my mood,,,, ANYway I love NIGHTWISH the band,the songs they make, band but not Tarja - her voice is nothing special plus she acted very selfishy and she deserved what reached her. But the bad thing is that they desided to fire her just before their tour to here:( So they cancelled it :( :( :( IBut I am sure that the band will get a new even better singer that still keeps the soul of the band

Tthe Spirit
15-09-07, 15:29
:vlol:

This is the Nightwish i thought you were talking about... ^^^^^^^

Hey NW, we msis you...

remote91
15-09-07, 16:25
I havent heard any of their songs but it seems unusual to fire the vocalist from the band, usually they are the leader of the pack! Why did she get fired?

Chocolate
15-09-07, 16:31
Tarja got fired because of her attitude I guess - but she was going to leave the band and continue her solo career anyway.

I think Tarja's voice is great but I like Anette as well. I really look foward to the new album release and seeing Anette live on stage. ;)

NightWish
15-09-07, 16:42

This is the Nightwish i thought you were talking about... ^^^^^^^

Hey NW, we msis you...

hey i just got back from germany ;)

Tarja got fired because sh acted like she is better then the rest oft he members and all of this lasted years! She didnt recherse (sp?) with them for the conserts, she flew wih a private plane just for her and so on. I cant believe teh band put up with it for so long!

remote91
15-09-07, 16:44
Sheesh this Tarja seems like a bit of a *****. I love Evanescence, are they similar to Nightwish? If so I might be tempted to check out some of their stuff :p

Chocolate
15-09-07, 17:03
I was recommended to listen to Nightwish because I liked Evanescence - frankly I prefer Nightwish now! :vlol: Of course I still like Evanescence though.
So yeah, check out some of their stuff. ;)

Nemo (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xAKf1gTx7qM)
Amaranth (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZn7k5rZLQ)

And this is what they're like when they're live:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=C8GOHJAnVh4 :jmp:

Ampersand
15-09-07, 17:32
Nightwish are better than Evanescence imho. I like them a lot, and I'm interested to see what the future holds for them with a new vocalist.

MiCkiZ88
15-09-07, 18:02
Hmm, I just saw Amaranth on TV here. It looked and sound pretty good. I actually like the new singer even though I had my doubts.

NightWish
15-09-07, 18:05
WAIT!!!!!!! Omg nightwish announced their new singer? :eek: AND THEY HAVE A VIDEO!??!? :yik: AND I DONT KNOW ABOUT IT!?!?!??!

*starts watching the video*

Alex Fly
15-09-07, 18:07
Lol. :p

Yeah it's Anette, hope you'll like her. :)

MiCkiZ88
15-09-07, 18:09
hrmm.. their music sound a bit differend now tbh. But I like the change. The end of Amarath made me shiver :) Not too sure about Anette.. but I guess I could get used to her voice.

NightWish
15-09-07, 18:11
I listened o it. I definetely dont like her.For some reason they picked a singer that looks suspeciously too much like tarja and at the same time sings incredibly diferently. it should have been the other way around. Notw they remind me or within temptation. AND I AHTE WITHIN TEMPTATION! :( Now I am sad and dissapointed. SHE ISNT EVEN AN OPERA SINGER!

the video is cool though... are there more songs? Is the album out?

Nemo_91
15-09-07, 18:14
http://szemek.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/anette.jpg
http://i12.************/4klgryc.jpg

NightWish
15-09-07, 18:17
I dont like her :(

But look what I found!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gg5_mlQOsUQ&mode=related&search=

Sedge
15-09-07, 18:25
Hmm, I just saw Amaranth on TV here. It looked and sound pretty good. I actually like the new singer even though I had my doubts.
Same here(SubTV, eh? :D).

I'm not actually that familiar with the band or a fan of Tarja or anything, but Nightwish has had some pretty great songs and I'm interested on hearing more from them now that they have Anette..
At least Amaranth sounded good and the video was nice, pretty scenery. ^_^

Chocolate
15-09-07, 18:25
Why are people saying that Anette makes Nightwish sound like Within Temptation? I think she sounds nothing like Sharon Den Adel. They both have their own styles - though both of them are familiar in some concept. But maybe I'm only saying that because I'm a WT fan. :/

I don't think Amaranth is the best song Anette sings in though. I really like her voice in Sahara and The Poet and the Pendulum. ;)

And for those who complain that Anette isn't an opera singer, this is what Tuomas said:
The idea of the band was originally to do just acoustic campfire music. So the idea was already changed 10 years ago.
Also, Nightwish quit with the operatic vocals already in the Century Child album, and ever since. People complain that the opera is now gone with Anette in the band, I think it has already been gone for the past 5 years.
A band should never be a prisoner of a format. This is a change all the members in the band wanted to do. You always need to follow your heart in what you want to do, otherwise you'll end up being a *****. Nightwish is not a music style, it's 5 people who do the kind of music they want, the way they want, with the tools they have.
Selfish, but honest.

Nemo_91
15-09-07, 18:29
My favourites are Master Passion Greed, Sahara & Meadows of Heaven. :D

NightWish
15-09-07, 18:30
Why are people saying that Anette makes Nightwish sound like Within Temptation? I think she sounds nothing like Sharon Den Adel. They both have their own styles - though both of them are familiar in some concept. But maybe I'm only saying that because I'm a WT fan. :/

I don't think Amaranth is the best song Anette sings in though. I really like her voice in Sahara and The Poet and the Pendulum. ;)

And for those who complain that Anette isn't an opera singer, this is what Tuomas said:

She does sound like the siger of within temptatiton! She has that accent which sound like a texas accent and sings the high tones in this shakira/nose way (I cant explain it easily) But she doesnt sing as high as Sharon. But still their voices are similar.

Can u show me these songs? I want to hear them pls

And I cant believe a member of NW is wrong about his own songs! :eek: There is opera in the once andits after century child! I wish I had an angel is one of the best examples!

Ampersand
15-09-07, 18:30
Anette only draws comparisons to Sharon because, imo, she has a high and comparatively non-operatic voice (even Tarja was technically, at best, a mediocre opera singer). I think she has very good range, and can pull of some vocal acrobatics that wouldn't have suited Tarja's voice (on Sahara, for example).

Chocolate
15-09-07, 18:35
Alright, each to their own I guess. I personally think Sharon and Anette are only familiar in the sense of having high-pitched voices, but nothing more. But I think Sharon sounds completely different to Anette when she's live. Though, I'm not sure what Anette sounds like when she's live - we'll just have to wait...

I can't find any of the new Nightwish songs [except Eva and Amaranth] online since it was probably taken down due to copyright reasons or whatever, however I do have the song saved on my computer. I really shouldn't do that, but I love the song so much!

NightWish
15-09-07, 18:38
So the new NW abum is out?

Chocolate
15-09-07, 18:44
No, it'll be out at the end of September though! ;)
I think in late July and early August, all the tracks from the new Nightwish album were availible on Youtube. They're all taken down though. And even if you do find them, you'll hear this annoying promo guy's voice like 4 times repeating the same sentences interupting the song, so you can't hear the lyrics! :hea:

Well, it's only two weeks to go...

Nemo_91
15-09-07, 18:46
Release dates:

September 26, 2007 (Spinefarm)
September 28, 2007 (Nuclear Blast)
October 1, 2007 (UK)

:wve:

Ampersand
15-09-07, 18:53
And I cant believe a member of NW is wrong about his own songs! :eek: There is opera in the once andits after century child! I wish I had an angel is one of the best examples!

I don't think you can really call it opera. Tarja can't really hack it doing pure opera at all. And I doubt Tuomas would be 'wrong' about his own songs, seeing as he's a more fundamental member of the band than Tarja ever was.

And yay! I look forward to the new album. :D

Nemo_91
15-09-07, 19:00
http://i11.************/6cfe6g0.jpg

:jmp:

Ampersand
15-09-07, 19:02
Heheh, nice picture. I like Anette, she seems to have a fun personality. :D

Nemo_91
15-09-07, 19:08
http://passzio.hu/kepek/Alyson_Avenue/Anette_Olzon_1.jpg

She was so weird. :D

NightWish
15-09-07, 19:13
http://i11.************/6cfe6g0.jpg

:jmp:

shes ruining the pic... But at least she doesnt have a difficulty pronuncing the words like Tarja had...

BTW do u think in concerts she will sing the old songs previouslt preformed by tarja? They would sound so weird

BTW where is this anette from? Was she in another band or sth? I havent seen her

KurtisLonely
15-09-07, 19:14
Anette is way better than Tarja. Tarja sound'd way older

Amaranth is my fav song ;)

She does sound like the siger of within temptatiton! She has that accent which sound like a texas accent and sings the high tones in this shakira/nose way (I cant explain it easily) But she doesnt sing as high as Sharon. But still their voices are similar.

Can u show me these songs? I want to hear them pls

Sorry NightWish, but Annette doesn't sound like Sharon. ( I am a within temptation fan, and Anette's voice doesn't sound like Sharon Den Adel's in Amaranth ?)

and to be honest, Sharon got a really really really Dutch-American accent ;)

And about the last pic - I LOVE IT!!! :jmp:

I dont like her :(

But look what I found!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gg5_mlQOsUQ&mode=related&search=

LMAO!!!! XD

( and I don't like Tarja, she sounds like an opera singer )

NightWish
15-09-07, 19:38
She is an opera singer. And I will miss that a lot! I loved the combination of metal with opera. Those two styles are the deepest and most meaningful. If u ask me - only they are real music

KurtisLonely
15-09-07, 19:40
I don't like the sound of opera....

NW, do you mind to come at msn? ^^

NightWish
15-09-07, 20:02
I odnt listen to opera much ... well almost dont listen it at all but I have to admit its incredibly beutiful music. And its hard to sing. I was in a choir and we sand opera there to. SO I know whats it like... but when i started listening to NW I really grew into appreciating opera as it should. And then I watched the movie phantom of the opera and it was teh final drop for me. the movie was a bit flat but the music was great!

ANYWAY I noticed by watching the new nw video loads of times that the new singer is very energetic and looks sweet. I guess thats why they piked her! To be sure they wont experiance the same problems as they did with tarja. I doubt she will want a privateplane all for herself lol But I still prefer tarja

Kerrigan
15-09-07, 21:16
I've only listened to two of their songs since they replaced Tarja and I think I like it.I can't say the new vocalist's voice sounds very distinct from others, but then again, I used to listen to Nightwish a lot and to like their songs, though not especially for Tarja's voice.I was somehow sorry when I heard she's leaving, but I have always been more interested in the instrumental part of their music anyway.

Nemo_91
15-09-07, 21:46
Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CYD3jzhn9M) Tarja's new video "I Walk Alone". It's really good, IMO. :)

NightWish
15-09-07, 22:04
WOW i cant believe I like Tarja's song more!

Kerrigan
15-09-07, 22:39
I saw the video.Immediately afterwards, I wanted to see the clip for "Nemo" and as I was listening it, I thought Tarja's performances were better when she sang with the band.

Camera Obscura
15-09-07, 22:42
I saw the video.Immediately afterwards, I wanted to see the clip for "Nemo" and as I was listening it, I thought Tarja's performances were better when she sang with the band.

I did the exact same thing I have to say that I think Tarja sings better in a band while Annette would sound better solo.

NemesisxAngelus
15-09-07, 22:44
Tarja's new song is brilliant :eek: if everything's going well I'm going to see NW on the 21th of March. Though I like Tarja's voice more than Anette, but yeah, we won't get Tarja back, ever :(

Fish.
16-09-07, 02:44
Sweet, a Nightwish thread. :cool:

Actually, Tarja wasn't fired, she left. It sux either way. The new vocals are still good though :)

Nightwish is a great band all around though ^^

NightWish
16-09-07, 07:27
According to all I read NW made tarja leave. AKA she was fired. Where do u ahve that info from?

Nemo_91
16-09-07, 10:27
Tarja got fired.

NightWish
16-09-07, 16:26
Exactly :D

Ampersand
16-09-07, 16:38
Tarja got fired because of her attitude. If they needed to kick her to keep the band going, so be it.

Her new song is alright, but it lacks the musical strength of Nightwish's work.

Chocolate
16-09-07, 16:45
Actually, Tarja wasn't fired, she left. It sux either way.
Tarja was going to leave anyway but Tuomas did fire her through an open letter.

Her new single is alright I suppose. Still prefer Nightwish though.

This video has a bit of "Bye Bye Beautiful" playing in the background, but the video has nothing to do with Nightwish. xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwFG-2wNi3s

NightWish
17-09-07, 20:25
I still cant get used to the new singer. All these days I've been listening to tjhe song and it just doesnt feel like NW anymore. the song is good. Bt its just not in the NW spirit.

And this interview with the new singer really proved to me that she cant do this job probably. She says she hasnt listened to NW nor metel before she got into the band. She looks kinda dull and ion top of that she sings Higher then hope like Britney spears :( NW is dead for me from now on. See for yourselves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqvVD9rjOrU&mode=related&search=

disapearing-boy
18-09-07, 09:23
Heheh, nice picture. I like Anette, she seems to have a fun personality. :D

I agree... every pic of her she seems to be smiling or something... she's having fun with the job which is a very important thing... and I like her... her voice is quite different but she's her own person and shouldn't have to fill anyone elses boots... she should just wear her own and get on with it, which i think she's doing quite nicely..

Though i only started listening to Nightwish within the last few weeks... i downloaded Once when a friend recommended it and it blew me a way (except 'I wish i had an angel' which sounds like it belongs in the eurovision)

Ghost Love Score!!!!!! oh my god!!!!!!!! it's amazing... even my brother liked it and he's not that big into rock and hates Evanescence. I often think it's a somewhat lazy comparison anyway...

Oh and i feel bad for anyone who doesn't like the new singer and thinks their favourite band is ruined... that can't feel very good.. i can relate to some extent considering my fav game franchise is a shadow of it's former self but music is way more important than any game to me so i imagine it's a far worse feeling:o

And finally i know it's a long post but considering we're talking about Nightwish and epic sized post seemed appropriate.

Ampersand
18-09-07, 11:10
And this interview with the new singer really proved to me that she cant do this job probably. She says she hasnt listened to NW nor metel before she got into the band.

From what I've read of her, Tarja Turunen was no metal fan either, so it's a pointless criticism. Imo Nightwish won't be 'dead' until Tuomas and the guys quit, since they're the brains behind it.

ZX Beccy
18-09-07, 11:59
According to Kerrang at the end of the tour the band gave her a letter with an ultimatum - change her attitude or get out. She chose to get out.

I was lucky enough to see them at the Hammersmith Apollo at the trail end of their last tour and they were amazing. I've got my tickets to see their return to London in March and can't wait.

Sad to see Tarja go, but if she was that unhappy she would have only held the band back if she stayed. Love the new singer, just hope shes as good on stage!

I can't wait! :jmp:

Nemo_91
18-09-07, 12:04
From what I've read of her, Tarja Turunen was no metal fan either, so it's a pointless criticism. Imo Nightwish won't be 'dead' until Tuomas and the guys quit, since they're the brains behind it.

Agreed. :tmb:

Ada the Mental
18-09-07, 12:28
I've just watched the Amaranth video, and although I like both the song and Anette's voice I think I'll need some time getting used to her.

Release dates:

September 26, 2007 (Spinefarm)
September 28, 2007 (Nuclear Blast)
October 1, 2007 (UK)

Yay! Now I know what I'll get for my birthday!:D