PDA

View Full Version : Aod Nextgen WIP

kill bill
15-09-07, 20:38
I hadn't started with texmod yet as My gaming pc is being fixed as you both know but the laptop has photoshop so heres a taste of what you will get.

Before
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r148/KILLBILLVOLUME1/1-1.jpg

After
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r148/KILLBILLVOLUME1/2-1.jpg

Before
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r148/KILLBILLVOLUME1/Wire-1.jpg

After
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r148/KILLBILLVOLUME1/Wirenextgen.jpg

They look better when their in their native resaulation of 1280X800

Last Angel
15-09-07, 20:41
looks good
cant wait ^^

RockSteady101
15-09-07, 20:44
All I See Is Brighter Lighting Effects...What's Going To Be New? Updated Character, Object And Level Texturing? Because That Would Really Be Alot More Next-Gen ;)

Good Effort Though, And Good Luck To You, I Hope Your Efforts Gain You Respect Amoungst The AOD-Mod Pro's Like Zac Medley & SparedLife! :tmb:

kill bill
15-09-07, 21:00
All I See Is Brighter Lighting Effects...What's Going To Be New? Updated Character, Object And Level Texturing? Because That Would Really Be Alot More Next-Gen ;)

Good Effort Though, And Good Luck To You, I Hope Your Efforts Gain You Respect Amoungst The AOD-Mod Pro's Like Zac Medley & SparedLife! :tmb:

I will be editing it it's just that the laptop I have dosen't have a

123 keyboard on it with + and -

jamieoliver22
15-09-07, 22:03
So you have taken some screenshots and increased the contrast.. Congrats..

Legend of Lara
15-09-07, 22:04

Correct. The health bar also became a more vivid colour, hence, it's edited. ;)

trXD
15-09-07, 22:08
I was planning on doing this but i think aod is supposed to be dark so i decided not to

jackali
15-09-07, 22:12
I will be editing it it's just that the laptop I have dosen't have a

123 keyboard on it with + and -

A Numpad?

kill bill
15-09-07, 23:18

Maybe if people wont so blind they would actually put thought into looking at details. If you did look at it all point out where i changed things. <circle them with red And yes Jackil a numberpad

jamieoliver22
15-09-07, 23:29
Maybe if people wont so blind they would actually put thought into looking at details. If you did look at it all point out where i changed things. <circle them with red And yes Jackil a numberpad

Ok then, you also added some random retard black smudges in a few places. Congrats.

dizzydoil
15-09-07, 23:37
Ok then, you also added some random retard black smudges in a few places. Congrats.

I agree, its totally edited. :whi:
I know editing when i see editing, i do alot of it. :)

Stray
16-09-07, 00:25

Why all the hate? In the first post, the 'after' screenshots are what the OP is aiming for (an unrealistic target, but whatever). The OP even says he hasn't used texmod yet, and further explains the lack of a numpad (for texmod).

It doesn't take much to realize the changes in the 'after' screenshots were done in post, and not an actual 'mod'... Congrats..

nowid50
16-09-07, 17:05
Kill_Bill... Please show anything WHEN YOU HAVE ANYTHING !!!:cen:

Assassino
16-09-07, 17:18
Well I like them...edited or not:)
Seriously though if people can't say something along the lines of nice...don't chuffin' bother!

larson n natla
16-09-07, 17:23

thats a bit mean yano this person trying there best :) good work ;) btw your lara looks smoother imo have you changed her

Inkheart
16-09-07, 17:34
Well good luck with it. I won't be downloading, however. PS2 player :)

Hyper_Crazy
16-09-07, 17:43
Obviously edited. I just did the same in IrfanView right now, all you need to do is put the saturation to the top (255).

Even if this was a real mod I wouldn't download it as the prefer AoD less colourful.

jamieoliver22
16-09-07, 17:52
I know what I said was somewhat mean, but I am sick of people saying how amazing some people's work is when they have done something that could have easily been done in about 5 minutes and doesn't look like anything special at all.

Paperdoll
16-09-07, 17:53
I know what I said was somewhat mean, but I am sick of people saying how amazing some people's work is when they have done something that could have easily been done in about 5 minutes and doesn't look like anything special at all.

Thank god someone finally said it :tmb:

Apofiss
16-09-07, 18:08

Jamie, thruth, but we can't allow such an attitude. Choose more constructive words. I know you can :p

Angel_14
16-09-07, 19:19
Wow! I can't wait to see the final result of the 200+ modded textures/level! Good luck with the project! :tmb:

scion05
16-09-07, 19:22
How exactly do u mod AOD :p ?

Angel_14
16-09-07, 19:24
How exactly do u mod AOD :p ?

We have found a way to mod AoD too, so you can mod AoD with TexMod, if you're able to handle that amount of textures ;)

scion05
16-09-07, 20:02
How many exactly are there again ? :p
( to edit maybe parisian backstreets )

Noodleboy
16-09-07, 20:05

Or.. you could just not post at all. I get the feeling alot of people are just picking on Kill Bill, wich I think is really, really sad.

Angel_14
16-09-07, 20:12
How many exactly are there again ? :p
( to edit maybe parisian backstreets )

Parisian Backstreets - About 678, if my calculations are right. And this Includes the bump-mapped textures. Without bump-mapping it's the half. :whi:

SailorTaurus
16-09-07, 21:09
Or.. you could just not post at all. I get the feeling alot of people are just picking on Kill Bill, wich I think is really, really sad.

They're not picking on Kill Bill, their thoughts are justified.

I myself consider it quite a slap in the face when we have projects like TRA and TRELR gracing our forums yet Kill Bill is getting mucho praise for upping the contrast in a screenshot.

Even if the screenshots were legit, Next-Gen doesn't mean "add colour". Adding colour is purely an artistic choise, so it'd be "Colourful AOD". Next-Gen would be reworking every single texture in the game to large, immaculate detail...if it was truely next gen you'd be able to make out every single knook and cranny in the foreground column in the first screenshots.*

And to whoever said Lara looked smoother in the after shot, it's proberbly because both Before shots were saved as a lower quality JPEG.

In the end:

To everyone - Don't hate Kill Bill, as he himself stated these were proof of concept photoshops (though you should make sure to state this far more obviously other than "this laptop has photoshop" to avoid confusion), but you shouldn't praise him either...yet. He hasn't done anything. This doesn't mean you can't wish him luck.

To Kill Bill - In future, it would be wise to skip this 'proof of concept' stage, as it doesn't translate particularly well in the modding community. You should do actual modding first to both:
A) Make sure you are capable of such a large task.
B) Garner the trust of your fellow modders. Perhaps you could even get some to help you if you prove your initiative.

And if you do decide to do more proof of concepts in the future, make sure everyone understands the screenshots aren't real. Just a few simple words (or lack thereof) can cause confusion amongst others, as everyone thinks and speaks (types) differently.

I myself wish you good luck, as I would like to see higher resolution textures for AOD. But please don't try and make things more colourful, as it would ruin the atmosphere of the game. Just make the textures more detailed and less blurry. For now I recommend just trying to mod the tutorial level. That has quite alot of textures which are noticable low rez, so in doing so you'd fulfill both the aformentioned A and B.

*Before anyone mention's Angel's next gen Anniversary project, the extra colour was needed, and brings a beautiful result. AOD on the other hand has enough colour already, and is meant to be dark and dirty.

Autolycus
17-09-07, 08:44
You've done a great job :tmb:

jamieoliver22
17-09-07, 14:49

I aren't picking on anyone, I would say the same to anyone else.

I myself consider it quite a slap in the face when we have projects like TRA and TRELR gracing our forums yet Kill Bill is getting mucho praise for upping the contrast in a screenshot.

Yeah, exactly. See what I mean? V

You've done a great job :tmb:

RAID
17-09-07, 14:55
I don't see any difference. Only brighter.

danitiwa
17-09-07, 14:58

Jamie cut the rude tude please. I think KB did a swell job.