PDA

View Full Version : I'm so Upset about my PC!

kooky
15-09-07, 23:06
Omg! I have such an old computer, My Computer was originally a Windows 98, but now it is an XP, it gets worse, my computer only Stores Nine Gigabytes of Info & it can only read CDs, Sometimes I feel like I have the Worse Computer in the World! :yik:

bloodstormaoa
15-09-07, 23:10
Okay........

No need to be upset.

Twilight
15-09-07, 23:10
some ppl dont even have computers.

why dont u get a new one? ask for one. borrow money to buy one.

Eddie Haskell
15-09-07, 23:16
If you were my neighbor I'd help you fix it up. I have a lot of spare parts laying around.

snork
16-09-07, 00:59
:)

Just learn to accept what You can do with it and what not.
Dont complain about Your bicycle not being a ferrari car and be unhappy. Instead : have fun riding Your bicycle and be happy.

I'm on Pentium-2 (400 MHz) and while I am happy it can read/write DvD and even play movie DvD, the main thing is : I can have internet and I can play TR custom levels. (And I even use it as TV :D )

on a more practical side : get rid of all unnecessary (windows and whatever) services on Your old PC , have a disk defragmentation every now and then and don't let anything autostart all the time - to get the max out of an old PC.
Sorry, all links I have on this subject are german language.

Enjoy, and happy raiding - snork

edit : kooky, I see You reduced Your writing to plain style : THANK YOU and :hug: for that.

Quasimodo
16-09-07, 04:31
Oh I can top that. The brick I just replaced was a Celeron 5, 7.47gb hard drive, with a pipsqueak 64kb RAM. It also liked to superheat CD's and make buying textbooks a 4hr long affair.

deepbluesea
16-09-07, 09:11
Good grief I have 4 gb hardrive. It doesn't go fast but it works, what more do you want?

I'd like more memory too but I know I can't so I'm not moaning and enjoying what I have

scion05
16-09-07, 09:12
I used to have a 4gb hardrive too :D LOL

Beanz
16-09-07, 09:37
Hey, I have this crappy soz month old thing that always has something wrong with it, no sound, won't read discs, freezes, and it's almost brand new! :mad:

Cochrane
16-09-07, 11:04
Oh I can top that. The brick I just replaced was a Celeron 5, 7.47gb hard drive, with a pipsqueak 64kb RAM. It also liked to superheat CD's and make buying textbooks a 4hr long affair.

Are you certain that it were 64 Kilobytes?

da tomb raider!
16-09-07, 11:09
You don't have the worst computer in the world... I do.

Angel_14
16-09-07, 11:12
Are you sure you have the worse computer? My previous computer couldn't run programs like Paint or Mario, becasue they crashed XD

Greenkey2
16-09-07, 11:20
Personally I don't know why anyone with a computer should be complaining about its performance. The very fact that you own one at all is something to celebrate.

Want to know why? (http://www.mysterra.org/webmag/coup-de-coeur_en.html)

If the world were a village of 100 people....

20 are underonurished
1 is dying of starvation, while 15 are overweight.
Of the wealth in this village, 6 people own 59% (all of them from the United States), 74 people own 39%, and 20 people share the remaining 2%.
Of the energy of this village, 20 people consume 80%, and 80 people share the remaining 20%.
20 have no clean, safe water to drink.
56 have access to sanitation
15 adults are illiterate.
1 has an university degree.
7 have computers.

xcrushterx
16-09-07, 11:21
Why not just upgrade some of the main parts and maybe get a larger Hard drive :)

lillyc
16-09-07, 12:26
Don't worry:hug:.I had a bad computer too.I couldn't even install Word cause it couldn't support it.I had only 5 games on that comp.It didn't have enough memory for me to install other games.You'll get a new computer soon!;)

Quasimodo
16-09-07, 18:06
Now, if a software company made a bare-bones web browser (and other applications) without all of the fancy graphics, bells and whistles few people use, then our old computers would not be so old anymore.

-re: to who asked earlier is I meant kilobytes: I must've meant megabytes :o

kill bill
16-09-07, 18:17
I had a way worser pc what was it windows 1.04 640KB Ram I think and VGA graphics

knutroald
16-09-07, 19:07
Are you sure you have the worse computer? My previous computer couldn't run programs like Paint or Mario, becasue they crashed XD

:O wow, what could it do then? notepad only?

in these arms
16-09-07, 19:13
Mine is slow...Not the latest...Freezes, especially when Limewire is running...I don't care.

Angel_14
16-09-07, 19:22
:O wow, what could it do then? notepad only?

Well, basically it couldn't run the simplest programs, but could run 'special' programs/games like GTA. *shrugs* weirdo. XD

Geck-o-Lizard
16-09-07, 19:26
Hang around your local council refuse center. I've picked up a couple of working machines for free from computer skips (with permission of the site staff) for no charge, which were actually reasonably spec'd for non-gaming Windows XP purposes - dumped purely because their previous owners were replacing them. If I hadn't got them they'd simply have been crushed and recycled, then remoulded into new items to be sold back to us...

Alternatively, take a peek on Ebay or have a look around your town/city for independently-run PC shops, as you could pick up a pretty good bargain on a second-hand computer. I'm guessing you're not bothered about playing the latest games on it, so you really wouldn't need to spend much to get a machine that's a vast improvement on your current one.

Another idea is to ask any relatives or friends (or their relatives) if they've got any machines lying around that they don't use any more. See if they'll give it to you, or let you strip it for parts.

Greenkey - I know... but if we can improve our lifestyle without inconveniencing someone else, there's no reason not to, eh?