PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner - Appreciation Threa

TombRaiderLover
16-09-07, 20:18
An appreciation thread for one of the greatest films of all time. :D

I'm really looking forward to the 5-disc boxset. :)

I re-watched The Director's Cut on VHS a few days ago. I didn't remember it being so good.

Mona Sax
16-09-07, 20:20
I should really watch it again someday. The first time it didn't impress me much (shame on me), but I was much too young to appreciate it back then.

TombRaiderLover
16-09-07, 20:22
I should really watch it again someday. The first time it didn't impress me much (shame on me), but I was much too young to appreciate it back then.

Well, a few years back, I tried watching the film late at night, and fell asleep. I started over the next night . . . feel asleep. It went on like this until I finally watched the whole film. I thought it was confusing and boring. :(

One night, I watched it whole, and I immediately loved it. :)

By the way, could a mod edit the thread title. :p

Encore
16-09-07, 20:30
I absolutely adore this movie. The ambient, the music (omg the music), the characters (Pris & Roy & Rachael most of all :D), the absolutely beautiful ending.. I love how the androids' desperate search for a solution to their "death" is just like mankind's, and they basically search for the same answers as we do (hence that awesome line "...but then again who does?")

On a sidenote, I read the book and I truly, completely, disliked it from start to finish it. The movie is so much better. :o

Zac Medley
17-09-07, 07:47
I absolutely adore this movie.
On a sidenote, I read the book and I truly, completely, disliked it from start to finish it. The movie is so much better. :o

I think this is a great movie, and I searched high and low to find the book - what a disappointment.

Did you ever play the PC game? It is really good, and manages to combine some of the good elements of the movie and the book. I recorded a lot of the sounds from the game (which are taken from the movie) and made a Windows sound scheme with them. It was neat for a while to have Windows Explorer sound like the ESPER machine, but it will drive you crazy after a while.