PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of my dog

Fish.
16-09-07, 22:30
I have a dog named Shadow. She is about 3 years old; I got her at a yard sale for free. But recently she's been too rowdy and aggressive. I also have another dog named Buddy, who is a boy. And Shadow constantly bullies him (constantly chasing after him, barking at him when he tries to go to the food bowl, etc.). We've been trying to get rid of her for a long time now, with no luck. But now, we're going to ask the person we got her from if he will take her back.

I have no idea when this is going to happen, but my stomach is queasy at the thought. She is actually a very sweet dog sometimes; she'll come up and rub against your leg, or lay her head on your lap. But other times, she'll bark at you and nip at you, just for standing up.

Now I can't decide if I actually want to go through with it or not.:(

ivannnnn
16-09-07, 22:32
I suggest you'd have to get rid of her and change another dog

remote91
16-09-07, 22:33
Oh thats so sad :( try having her trained? Maybe it will do the trick.

Fish.
16-09-07, 22:34
I suggest you'd have to get rid of her and change another dog

Actually, if we do get rid of her, my mom siad I could get a cat.

Oh thats so sad :( try having her trained? Maybe it will do the trick.

We don't have enough money to train her. :(

Dakaruch
16-09-07, 22:39
first, which is the breed of the dog? because some dogs after some years become crazy due to it's cranium not growing enough for it's brain! if she is a cross of two different breeds that can happen!
and if she is behaving that way, you better get rid of her, perhaps later she become even more agressive! :(

Fish.
16-09-07, 22:40
first, which is the breed of the dog? because some dogs after some years become crazy due to it's cranium not growing enough for it's brain! if she is a cross of two different breeds that can happen!
and if she is behaving that way, you better get rid of her, perhaps later she become even more agressive! :(

She is part bulldog, part Black Labrador.

trXD
16-09-07, 22:43
Is your male dog neutered? I read somewhere that female dogs get aggresive when they are around un-neutered dogs

peeves
16-09-07, 22:44
Oooh that's sad. I had a dog once named zak when i was 5 and we had to give him back to the otooles because zak didn't want to be left alone coz my dad had work and my mom could nt keep him because she moved to an apartment now we live in our house again. I still have 2 cats mary and abby i wish i had molly too my third cat on my moms side of the family but my grandmommie wants to keep him. Now i don't care about dogs as much no more as i used too now i care more about cats. And you're lucky you don't have a rottweiler coz they can be aggressive.

Dakaruch
16-09-07, 22:49
She is part bulldog, part Black Labrador.

oh my... just as i thought... you better get rid of her, it only will get worse :(
i'm really sorry for you man, but she will become even more unstable... she might attack one of you someday... :(

PARANOIA
16-09-07, 22:55
I have five dogs. I guess I just got lucky.

Anything that's part Bulldog isn't really safe to keep. Best to swallow it and get it over with.

tranniversary119
16-09-07, 23:05
I can defantley relate to your problem. My dog we had a few years ago was agressive. She was fine until we moved. After that if anyone went near her food she would literally growl to the point she was about to bite. For no reason she despised me :confused: we used to be best buds at my old house. Then she finally got out of hand and she had to get put down. Usually dogs that are agressive were abused when they were younger. But i wish you the best of luck :D

Fish.
17-09-07, 01:54
We took her back today, we finally got rid of her. She was too strong.

It will definitely take some getting used to. :(

ivannnnn
17-09-07, 02:06
We took her back today, we finally got rid of her. She was too strong.

It will definitely take some getting used to. :(
What i've said come true :D

Cat is also cute,why don't try?

Fish.
17-09-07, 02:06
My mom said that if I agree to take care of it every day, I could get one.

ivannnnn
17-09-07, 02:08
My mom said that if I agree to take care of it every day, I could get one.
Then just buy a dog robot then, it'd never bark at you

Fish.
17-09-07, 02:09
Then just buy a dog robot then, it'd never bark at you

:vlol:

My friend kewlkyle64 said that rats make good pets, I might consider it.

ivannnnn
17-09-07, 02:16

Ah i might have seen one of hers :D, She posted some pic i think :rolleyes: if i'm not mistaken. It's cute,tiny and adorable :D :jmp:

kewlkyle64
17-09-07, 02:34
Ah i might have seen one of hers :D, She posted some pic i think :rolleyes: if i'm not mistaken. It's cute,tiny and adorable :D :jmp:

Uh... I'm a boy. :confused:

Fish.
17-09-07, 02:37

Uh... I'm a boy. :confused:

I doubt I'm even going to get another pet. I still have another dog who is a very sweet companion. I'm going to let him sleep in my bed tonight.

Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.

ivannnnn
17-09-07, 03:05
Sorry that is just a thought :D

Fush: Could your dog **** on you?

nicola1986
17-09-07, 08:54
That's sad news hun, it was probably for the best, giving a pet away is heart-breaking sometimes, I hope you feel better soon :hug:

She'll probably still have a happy life with her new owners so don't worry :)

KurtisLonely
17-09-07, 13:20
aww fishfushie :(

Sad news =(

Maybe consider a new dog? or atleast a new pet? :)

Joe_16
17-09-07, 13:22
I'm sorry to hear this :(

danitiwa
17-09-07, 13:55
First I suggest a dog trainer, who understands dogs more. They can usually fix the dog's behaviour.

Then if it's really too dangerous it should be put to sleep, not given away. :(

petujaymz
17-09-07, 14:21
Go on that It's Me Or The Dog programme on Channel 4.

Gillian McKeith'll sort you out.

:wve:

danitiwa
17-09-07, 14:22
Gillian McKeith'll sort you out.

:wve:

What now... she handles dogs?! :yik:

danitiwa
17-09-07, 14:24

Eesh, they stink and you have to clean their cage like every week, litterboxes are way less work. And I love the smell of the apple flavoured cat sand... :vlol:

Kitties are excelent pets, they're unpredictable; proud creatures, yet they love being snuggled. ^.^ Get a cat I say!

The only downside to cats is that they tend to run in front of cars.

RAID
17-09-07, 14:27
Maybe she's pregnant? :confused:

I wouldn't get rid of her to be honest. You'll regret it for sure.

Legends
17-09-07, 14:37
Giving up pets is always a very hard thing to do. All I can say is I hope you make the right decision.

Fish.
18-09-07, 01:18
First I suggest a dog trainer, who understands dogs more. They can usually fix the dog's behaviour.

We have no money to get her trained.
Maybe she's pregnant? :confused:

I wouldn't get rid of her to be honest. You'll regret it for sure.

Can't be, we've had her fixed already.

I'm still strongly leaning towards getting a cat.

Forever_Laras_56
18-09-07, 01:26
I got her at a yard sale for free.

:yik::yik::yik::yik::yik:
:yik::yik::yik::yik::yik:
my god at a yard sale!!

Fish.
18-09-07, 01:47
Yeah FL56, the owner's dog had puppies, and they couldn't afford to keep them...

All last night I felt guilty about getting rid of her. :(

The good thing is though, that the person we gave the dog to is (ironically) the person we got the dog from. He lives very close (on the street next to my house), so I can go see Shadow any time I want to.

I feel a bit better knowing that. :o

KurtisLonely
18-09-07, 09:35
great to hear that you can visit shadow anytime u want =)