PDA

View Full Version : How do you take inspiration from Tomb Raider?

Tomb Raider 5194
18-09-07, 01:13
Basically the title says it itself, how does Tomb Raider or Lara inspire you on your daily life. Do you sometimes act like her, think of what she would do in situation, etc. or do you just don't take this sort of inspiration from them?

On a series of days I had to make up a story based on history, so I picked the King Midas myth and it had some elements from TRA. A character turned to gold by the hand of Midas, the main character was Mara (Lara :whi:), though there was a twist it still had TRA elements.

I do hope my teacher doesn't play Tomb Raider. XD

So just mention a situation or anything in your life that involved Lara or Tomb Raider in it. :D

(In any case the thread gets closed than as I have always posted than sorry) :p

Forever_Laras_56
18-09-07, 01:20
wll when i play tr i get this thing where i want to run around playing as lara imaganing that im in that level useing my guns and its vary fun acting like thar animals(wild animals) and jumping dogeing them its so fun!!:D:jmp:

PARANOIA
18-09-07, 01:32
Just as one would press the Look button and move the arrow keys to look around an atmospheric or architectural room, I sometimes find myself standing in the middle of a nice looking building and moving my head around as far as it can swivel.

I'll also find myself hearing the Tomb Raider 3 soundtrack inside my head depending on what kind of room I go into. If it's a tall room like a dome, "A Long Way Up". If it's a church or a mosque or a big statue, "There Be Butterflies Here - Part II".

disneyprincess20
18-09-07, 07:37
I try to be as logical as Lara and think like her - how to solve a problem in a similar fashion to how the problems are solved on Tomb Raider. Quite literally, What Would Lara Do?

I'm also striving to be as dangerous as Lara. not in the sense of killing people or riding around on motorbikes, but in the sense of following through with statements I've made. My family do tend to walk all over me sometimes, and I'm now standing up for myself, as Lara would. The other day, my sister was teasing me whilst I was holding a bucket of water. I held the bucket ready to splash her, and she kept on doing it. What happened? Wet sister, followed by a sprint into her car so she wouldn't splash me back!

I also find myself speaking like her sometimes. When I'm annoyed, I say "no" like the old "Judith Gibbins" Lara used to (TR2/3), and "absolutely" like Angie does in LC:TR. Sad I know! :p

Little-Lara
18-09-07, 07:54
On a series of days I had to make up a story based on history, so I picked the King Midas myth and it had some elements from TRA. A character turned to gold by the hand of Midas, the main character was Mara (Lara :whi:), though there was a twist it still had TRA elements.

I do hope my teacher doesn't play Tomb Raider. XD

:vlol: So I guess you didn't know that the Gold turning hand story is a real-life myth that CD used for the game. U didn't just use TR's idea, u also took the idea from the ancient myth.......so...let's hope u'r teacher does not know about the mythical story.....

But I gotta say, I heard that story when I was very young, so I think u'r teacher may Already know about the "man who turned his own daughter into gold by accident by touching her." :vlol: :p

hera7days
18-09-07, 08:57
Sometimes, when I look around at my environment, I wonder how things would be if I was in Tomb Raider, and how I would interact. Like, once, I was lying on my bed, thinking, "If this was Tomb Raider, my ceiling fan would have started spinning and coming down as soon as I entered the room, so I'd have to duck into the closet to avoid being sliced up. Then maybe get a pickup from my desk, then climb my bookcase..."

Bustus
18-09-07, 09:04
I have a tendency of going on adventures all over the world, often saving it, while picking up random powerful artifacts and killing off whatever's left of thugs, endangered species and ancient demi-gods.

But no, I don't think I get much inspiration from TR outside the game. Except for the urge to climb up stuff. That might be TR.

disapearing-boy
18-09-07, 09:32
I joined the gym 'cos i want to be athletic and fit like Lara and i too like to climb stuff...

i've done rock climbing, archery, kayaking and rappelling....

It's just like tekken & street fighter inspired me to take up Judo and Taekwondo (as did every kung-fu flick ever made)...

And who said games make you lazy & unhealthy?:ton:

Soma Holiday
18-09-07, 10:40
We used to have to write journals everyday in my English class about anything we wanted, so I'd write chapters of my TR fanfic. :D The teacher hated me for it, but I got the work done.

I used to draw pictures of her in class aswell...basically Lara is exciting and gives me thing to think about and do when i'm bored. :p

Earthcane
18-09-07, 13:48
I'm inspired by Lara's bad-ass, never-say-die attitude.

The original Core games inspire me with new ideas for stories, fanfic, characters, & locations.

Also, after seeing Alexandria, Giza and Karnak in TR4, I cant wait to go to Egypt!!
( The recipe for a good TR game has always been 3 key ingredients: Location, Location, Location!)

Also, maybe its because of Lara Croft that I want to be involved with Classical Civilisations and ancient history as a career prospect when i leave College.

nicola1986
18-09-07, 13:57
Lara's attitude rocks, I think of her when I need a confidence boost :D

Earthcane
18-09-07, 14:06
Yup, Lara is one of my idols too. There just isnt any other heroine like her.

nicola1986
18-09-07, 14:21
Nope no one like her, she's kick-ass :D

Marija_Croft
18-09-07, 14:22

My thoughts exactly. :tmb:

I am inspired by Lara's attitude and the way she kicks butt ! :D It's really cool.

And I would love to be brave, adventureous and dangerous just like her. Lara rules ! :cool:

Joe_16
18-09-07, 14:24
When I was younger, if I was having a bad day at school or a bad day in general, the thought of being able to put Tomb Raider in my console offered a form of escapism for me. It cheered me up no end because I enjoyed Lara and her world so much.

MiCkiZ88
18-09-07, 14:28
Err.. it's a game. I take no inspiration from games!
Well except for my drawings or stuff like that.. but yer.

Ofcourse I've copied her moves when I was younger, d'oh. :D
I started swimming & diving a lot more than I had before. Also TR4 inspired me to go to Egypt.

ashnar
18-09-07, 15:20

I do the same thing.She's the closest thing I've ever had to a role model(as in I love learning to know just as much as she might and acting strong and believing in my dreams but I also do lots of sports:Dso I stray slim).Lara also inspires me artistically like no other character,in painting,drawing and writing.:o

nicola1986
18-09-07, 16:00
Me too, she's the only role-model I've had, she's so strong and I'd love to be like that and I love drawing her :D

kill bill
18-09-07, 16:03
wll when i play tr i get this thing where i want to run around playing as lara imaganing that im in that level useing my guns and its vary fun acting like thar animals(wild animals) and jumping dogeing them its so fun!!:D:jmp:

Yes I get like that somtimes lol

lillyc
18-09-07, 16:10
Lara kind of convinces me to do sport.I want to be slim and fit but I just hate sports so everytime I get tired or bored I say myself that Lara does this too.:D I chose her as a role model and I became more confident in myself and I learnt to take wiser choices.She also "learnt" me to draw better.I spend hours trying to get her right.

Earthcane
18-09-07, 16:12
Me too, she's the only role-model I've had, she's so strong and I'd love to be like that and I love drawing her :D
Really? Have you posted any pics?
( I love to compliment peeple on their lovely drawings, hee hee :hug::hug::hug:)

Lara Rulez. Without her, I dont think i would have used my PC as much as i do now.
Also, I'm really inspired to go travelling.
My aunt was recently in Peru, she says its Spectacular.
My Uncle lives in Thailand, and I swer to God, he's the image of Von Croy
( White suits, hat) . ;)

Also, without lara, i wouldnt have met all you lovely peoples on the forums :D:hug:

nicola1986
18-09-07, 16:16
Really? Have you posted any pics?
( I love to compliment peeple on their lovely drawings, hee hee :hug::hug::hug:)

Lara Rulez. Without her, I dont think i would have used my PC as much as i do now.
Also, I'm really inspired to go travelling.
My aunt was recently in Peru, she says its Spectacular.
My Uncle lives in Thailand, and I swer to God, he's the image of Von Croy
( White suits, hat) . ;)

Also, without lara, i wouldnt have met all you lovely peoples on the forums :D:hug:

Only one or two, I'm not great at drawing yet but I've been practicing so I'll post something soon :D

I wouldn't use my pc a lot without TR and thanks to her I've found TRF and I lurve it here :jmp:

Laurencarter
18-09-07, 18:11
I think like her and sometimes find myself talking like her and also using her sayings.

Reggie
18-09-07, 18:16
I would say TR feeds my desire to travel. It gives a wonderfully distorted view of what its like to go out adventuring in the wilderness and I love it. Its a way for me to vist far flung parts of the world without ever having to leave my seat.

South Pacific, India, China, Venice, Egypt etc.

The list goes on but for the classics, I can say that the atmosphere and that undescribable feeling of there THERE gives me a certain satisfaction. (only MGS3 has given me the same feeling...and FFX to a limited extent).

That's how TR inspires me to a degree.