PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite Lara?

Twilight
18-09-07, 01:59
Personality wise, which one do u like above all the rest, and tell why.
(out of pure curiousity)

mine was probably Aod lara. she showed emotions without being sappy. she was like an anti-hero. being kickass without looking lik one of charlie's angels. i wouldve loved to see her in future TR's, rading tombs and all.

Lenochka
18-09-07, 02:02
A mixture of Legend And Anniversary lara :)
Has the emotions of a real person yet still has a hint of that Don't Mess With Me attitude.

Betal
18-09-07, 02:04
Has the emotions of a real person yet still has a hint of that Don't Mess With Me attitude.

I agree.:D

PARANOIA
18-09-07, 02:15
TR3 Lara. But I'm not an emotional kind of guy anyway...

I don't like just a "hint" of badass attitude. I want it all.

Legends
18-09-07, 02:18
Classic Lara, TR1 - TR5.

PARANOIA
18-09-07, 02:22
Classic Lara, TR1 - TR5.

How odd, considering your username.:D

dannyb37
18-09-07, 02:26
I would say AoD. Was Great lara...

Legends
18-09-07, 02:31
How odd, considering your username.:D
I registered during Legend's release, that's how I got my username, but that doesn't mean I prefer Legend Lara's attitude over Classic Lara's.

I love Lara's old attitude, she also has a great one in Anniversary.

Postalisback
18-09-07, 02:43
Yeah I'd have to go for the old Lara's, although I like the one in Angel of Darkness, Anniversary is great too yeah, thats probably the best to me that I've seen so far :D

MiCkiZ88
18-09-07, 02:48
Classic or or Aod. I like them both. Better than that whimpy ''I want my mummy.. this is what it has always been about.'' Lala. :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-09-07, 02:56

I agree :tmb:

danitiwa
18-09-07, 05:06
AOD Lara
AOD Lara :wve:

Why? She's got attitude, she's teh smex, and she's dangerous. (Unlike CD's Lara.)

And she's got kurtis! :cln:

Zelda master
18-09-07, 05:35
AOD she was badass becuase i wanted here to be mean to everyone:mis:

george_croft
18-09-07, 05:39
Classic Lara, and TRA-Lara! :wve:

Nemo_91
18-09-07, 05:41
AoD & Anniversary Lara. :D

Mad Tony
18-09-07, 06:08
Classic Lara (1 of only two Lara's - Classic Lara & AoD Lara :p)
Although to be more precise I'd say Tomb Raider II & III Lara. :)

Duchess
18-09-07, 06:12
Classic Lara and Angel of Darkness Lara.

Little-Lara
18-09-07, 06:22
AOD Lara.

Ahhhhh if they only did AOD Lara more advanced and higher pixelated. :cln::cln::cln::cln: :jmp:

Nephili
18-09-07, 06:42

I agree, Legend & Anniversary Lara is my favourite. :)

CuteKittenlol
18-09-07, 06:43
Meow, definitely AoD Lara :)

Autolycus
18-09-07, 06:52

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Angel_14
18-09-07, 08:07
AoD Lara! \m/ (Okay, I photoshopped the picture a little bit, but she still looks awesome, imo :D)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/Adrienn_Steel/2-2.jpg

CardinalXimenez
18-09-07, 08:09
Classic Lara all the way (though admittedly its probably more my own interpretation of Laras persona that Im a fan of than what shes really like, since you dont really see the private side of her during the classic games since she almost only confronts villains and strangers in them, and therefore shows the more aggressive side of her in relation to those encounters).

RAID
18-09-07, 08:35
Attitude: TR1-2-3-4

Looks: Anniversary

Kiss-Bite
18-09-07, 08:40
:yik:Regarding personality Lara seems like the same Lara to me throughout all the games, with AOD being the slight exception. The diffirent voices of Lara have had a bigger impact in changing her I think. When I think of Lara in catogories it's broken down by her difirent voices.;)

She was more of a mystery at first before the sequels came out & then as time went by we got to know her better. Lara became more fleshed out from one game to the other, but her drive, attitude & ambition has always remained the same for me.:)

I quite like diffirent aspects of Lara that have been shown over the whole series. Saying that, if the romours were true I would of hated AOD Lara being an alcoholic or drug addict in the AOD sequels!:yik: Now that would feel like a diffirent Lara to me!:(

nicola1986
18-09-07, 08:51
Aod and Classic Lara

KurtisLonely
18-09-07, 09:26
AoD ^^

Alex Fly
18-09-07, 09:30
Legend and Anniversary Lara's. Maybe a little preference for Legend Lara anyway. ;) :)

Lara Croft!
18-09-07, 11:09
TRII,III and AOD Lara

kooky
18-09-07, 11:11
My favorite Lara is TR4, AOD, Legend & Anniversary Lara. ;)

tombinator
18-09-07, 11:11
TR1, and Anniversary Lara for me!! maybe with a hint of AoD!

xGirlL
18-09-07, 12:45
Legend!

Earthcane
18-09-07, 12:53
Legend!
Classic Lara , especially the TRII Lara, and Annie Lara:

( This is the BEST Lara picture IN THE WORLD, Imo:) )

http://i4.************/4zm5h5s.jpg

Oh, and welcome to the Forums, xGirlL.

Angel_14
18-09-07, 12:57
^ Her face looks mutated O.o

myrmaad
18-09-07, 13:07
Chronicles Lara in Rome had an awesome attitude, one of my favorites. "Busy girl, got to go."

Legend of Lara
18-09-07, 15:01
Eh Oh Dee Lara. :D She's just awesomeness.

Marija_Croft
18-09-07, 15:03
AoD and Anniversary Lara. :)

DMC
18-09-07, 15:05
There is only one Lara Croft,and I love her :D

That's my opinion :D

Earthcane
18-09-07, 15:08
AOD would have been a better Lara WITHOUT Jonnell Elliot. She sucked at delivering those dark, brooding, lines.

Classic Lara, all the way.

ashnar
18-09-07, 15:14
There is only one Lara Croft,and I love her :D

That's my opinion :D

same here:D

SoulReaver74
18-09-07, 15:16
AOD lara will always reign supreme imo.

kill bill
18-09-07, 15:17
Anniversary/Legend and TR3 Lara only

touchmyheart
18-09-07, 15:19
:yah: TR3 Lara :yah:

trXD
18-09-07, 15:22
Legend probobly

Aod lara was cool aswell and she comes in second but legend lara is a lot more "im a very british lady thats about to kick your ass" which is kind of funny:D

People think that because she wants her mom back she is over emotional! God insensetive much! Aod lara would feel the same way even if her parents neglected her

I think she would care if she found out that her mother is in avalon after she thought she was dead!

Anniversary lara didnt have much of a personality so i dislike her:)

danitiwa
18-09-07, 15:25
Legend probobly

Aod lara was cool aswell and she comes in second but legend lara is a lot more "im a very british lady thats about to kick your ass" which is kind of funny:D

People think that because she wants her mom back she is over emotional! God insensetive much! Aod lara would feel the same way even if her parents neglected her

She would, but the idiotic thing is that CD has to change her whole biography to come up with a pathetic storyline. And then I always think Legend Lara is a bit too smart mouthish, she can't keep her trap shut. Lara used to be a godess, always ready and doesn't talk much. Like a tigress. ;)

xcrushterx
18-09-07, 15:27
AoD Lara PWNS :D

danitiwa
18-09-07, 15:29
AoD Lara PWNS :D

YAa,, gimme fiev man... :jmp: :p

Elysia
18-09-07, 15:39
1-3. She herself admitted to being 'tired' in TR4 (although she is still cool in that game!), but I her badassness and playfulness was just perfect in the first 3 games. Chronicles was a mess of a game, AoD tried for 'dark n' moody', which although it got it right sometimes, I always liked the playful side to Lara, and she lost that. In Legend, she turned into a chatty, please-shut-up-now, you're-not-funny...' cynical attempt at trying to make her a 'more accessible' character (and one that parents wouldn't mind little Jimmy being involved with), so people didn't have to feel bad about her current head count (both animal and human), and since I hate being manipulated in that way ('See, it's okay to shoot leopards, because Lara feels *bad* about it! And we're only gunning down the bad guys because she wants to right wrongs and find out about what happened to Mummy Dearest, tug tug tug at those heartstrings, don't think with head, think with heart etc etc'. If more people actually looked more deeply at the marketing slant that went into the changes that CD made to Legend Lara, I doubt she's be quite so popular...), so she remains my least fave Lara. TRA Lara, whilst less offensive than Legend, still lacks the subtle playful undercurrent that classic Lara had, and plays more into the stereotype of the 'adventurous girl in a man's world!'... *le sigh*.

Nannonxyay
18-09-07, 17:49
I love Lara no matter what!:jmp:

Earthcane
18-09-07, 18:00
Hear, hear!!

Who gives a crap if Lara is "over-emotional" in Legend? I think the developers wanted to inject a bit of personality and humanity into an otherwise Godess-ish character.

Angel_14
18-09-07, 18:01
Who gives a crap if Lara is "over-emotional" in Legend?...

Me... :whi:

gotha-666
18-09-07, 18:05
a cocktail mix of all laras :D

Reggie
18-09-07, 18:08
Classic Lara all the way.
Kick ass, cool as a cucumber, enigmatic and playful (as Elysia explained).

People should bear in mind that it was classic Lara that rocketed TR to the heights it did back in the heyday. TR2, the best selling game wasn't fronted by someone who was dark and moody or someone tied down by guilt or family history. (unless you count that Tomb Raiding was her way of kinda rebelling against her oppressive family)

I would like AOD Lara but she loses out because she allowed Kurtis to take advantage of her like he did. I just can't accept that she would allow such a stranger to handle her like that even if she later found out she was madly in love with him.
Lara started to lose her edge after that, I think. But she was still tolerable.

Post Legend Lara makes me gag, if I'm honest. (I won't bother explain as its been done to death since Legend came out)

Catlantean
18-09-07, 18:13
AOD Lara. The personality of classic Lara, plus cartoony good looks :tmb:

danitiwa
18-09-07, 18:26

Me

MUN33B
18-09-07, 18:28

Me too :)

danitiwa
18-09-07, 18:29
Classic Lara , especially the TRII Lara, and Annie Lara:

( This is the BEST Lara picture IN THE WORLD, Imo:) )

http://i4.************/4zm5h5s.jpg

:D
http://i4.************/5xzaukj.jpg

Mad Tony
18-09-07, 18:30
http://i4.************/5xzaukj.jpg:vlol: :D

Angel_14
18-09-07, 18:31

:yik: :yik: It isn't the comparison that's scary, it's the fact, that they DO have some resemblance! :vlol:

danitiwa
18-09-07, 18:33
:yik: :yik: It isn't the comparison that's scary, it's the fact, that they DO have some resemblance! :vlol:

Especially the freaky evil glare... It's like: Hop in my caaaaaarrrr.... I have candyyyy, and a giraaaaffe.... :vlol:

Reggie
18-09-07, 18:35
What happened to the serious looking, kick ass version of Lara in that pose?
I hope someone here knows what I mean cause I can't find it anywhere...

Elysia
18-09-07, 18:49
Me too... :whi:

Problem is, they took an already well established character and changed her for no good reason other than as a cynical marketing ploy. If they had introduced a new character called Tara Cruft who starred in a game called Temple Stealer, then great - derivative, but great, because she's not an already well established character (ironically, it could be argued that in changing Lara the way they have, CD have actually created Tara Cruft, because she bears little resemblance to Lara of old...) - I wouldn't have as much of a problem with that as I have an already much loved, iconic character being changed to a) 'santise' her for wider audience appeal and b) cynically give her a Mary Sueish tragic past so that people will 'connect with her' more readily (and therefore be more ready to part with their cash).

They didn't 'humanise Lara to make her more believable' - they gave her a by-the-numbers cliched past - the 'dead mother / father / boyfriend / dog*, finding out that someone she cared for (father / mother / boyfriend / dog*) is possibly still alive and agonising over what she has to do to possibly rescue if mother / father / boyfriend / dog (*delete as applicable) schick has been done to death a thousand times over - actually having a cool, aggressive, playful and truly strong female character that is driven by herself rather than some form of unresolved approval seeking mission is far more empowering / unique than what we are now being presented with. The true cynic in me wonders if Lara has been 'softened' to appeal to a male audience - classic Lara was very unapproachble and Goddesslike - attractive, but not accessible. Now, she's a good old American homegirl-next-door with a British accent and a naughty streak - much more fantasy friendly than before...

It's a bit like someone taking a well respected British film starring a well respected actors and updating it by letting an American consortium gut out everything about it that makes it fantastic and uniquely English, casting a big name in the lead role who has only a fraction of the gravitas that the original actor has, and changing the story to fit what the director wanted to do.... oh, hang on, they did that to The Wicker Man, didn't they? Silly me...

b0bb13
18-09-07, 18:53

OMG!:vlol:

Well my favourite Lara is Legend Lara,because she is the only Lara that made me cry.:o
And to me,she is perfect.:)

Angel_14
18-09-07, 19:00

I think I found her:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/Adrienn_Steel/4zm5h5s.jpg

Mad Tony
18-09-07, 19:21
I never liked that picture. People will probably call me stupid or sick (even though it's hardly sick) for this but in that picture Lara doesn't have her trademark breasts.

Angel_14
18-09-07, 19:22
I never liked that picture. People will probably call me stupid or sick (even though it's hardly sick) for this but in that picture Lara doesn't have her trademark breasts.

I was shocked too, that she's as flat as Netherlands compared to the other renders on that pic... XD

touchmyheart
18-09-07, 19:24
Nevermind.
My bad :o

Mad Tony
18-09-07, 19:27
I was shocked too, that she's as flat as Netherlands compared to the other renders on that pic... XDExactly. I was like "Yo! CD! Where's the breast!?" :p

Rivendell
18-09-07, 19:31

Here's the beauty (http://i9.************/52dunvd.jpg) :)

danitiwa
18-09-07, 19:40

I was shocked too, that she's as flat as Netherlands compared to the other renders on that pic... XD

I must agree. :vlol:

Indiana Croft
18-09-07, 22:16
Legend lara all the way! But i would like a trl tr4 mix. That would kick ass:cln:

Forever_Laras_56
18-09-07, 22:45
TR1-TR3 Lara and aod lara cus thay are all kick ass and have attitude

Reggie
18-09-07, 22:46
Here's the beauty (http://i9.************/52dunvd.jpg) :)

That's it :tmb:
Thanks for that.

I had so much hope after seeing that...then it suddenly disappeared to be replaced by the grinning one :/

Twilight
19-09-07, 00:22
well, i somewhat expected this.

i liked classic lara (1-3), but i just liked Aod lara better. tho lara shouldve killed kurtis, not the boaz. i hated that "felt up" scene, i was expecting her to give him a painful headshot. who's idea was it to have her degraded lik that? its out of her character.

anniversary lara is pretty, yet a bit too soft and unforgettable. not a very shockingly unique face like classic and aod lara had.

Forever_Laras_56
19-09-07, 01:15

thats not even funny.....cant......stop....self......from... :vlol:

PARANOIA
19-09-07, 01:31
I don't know what to say to that picture.

But how long until someone compares AOD Lara to Richard Nixon?

Spitfire
19-09-07, 01:42
I like the in game models of TRA and I really liked the TRL Next-Gen Lara.