PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Retainer!!

Soma Holiday
18-09-07, 09:47
I haven't wonr it in like 2 weeks, and its gonna be another 3 weeks before I can even see the orthodondist!:hea:

I'm so paranoid that my teeth will mess up and Ill have to get braces again! :(

Can anyone reasure me? Is that too long to go without a retainer?

Autolycus
18-09-07, 11:02
Well imo i wouldn't have thought a few weeks would make a difference infact it shouldn't. So try not to worry too much.

george_croft
18-09-07, 11:16
Nah, two weeks without it won't mess up your teeth! Don't worry about it :)

la-la-lara
18-09-07, 11:16
It depends on various elements and most important your age, sex, body development and of course the nature of your problem. Take those into account. I can't reasure you but I can't let you know what's gonna happen either, even though I used to wear braces too. Maybe if you gave your dentist a call and asked him about it?
Regards.

Ada the Mental
18-09-07, 11:35
I haven't wonr it in like 2 weeks, and its gonna be another 3 weeks before I can even see the orthodondist!:hea:

I'm so paranoid that my teeth will mess up and Ill have to get braces again! :(

Can anyone reasure me? Is that too long to go without a retainer?

la-la-lara is right, it depends on a lot of things.
I think you should try and arrange an earlier appointment, if it's possible.

Soma Holiday
18-09-07, 13:14
i got an appointment for this friday!! W00T! lol. I had braces 4 years, thats why i was worried, cause I really didn't want to mess up all that work!

but now I hopefully wont have to worry about it.

Sedge
18-09-07, 13:17
How long had you worn your retainer before losing it? O.o

tr_mitch
18-09-07, 13:21
I have to wear mine every night, If i miss a night and put them in the next day they feel really tight.

Soma Holiday
18-09-07, 16:33
I've been wearing it like a year and a half. I usually only wear mine once or twice a week...thats why im hoping itll be ok. :/

Voni
18-09-07, 16:34
I've gone longer when I was on holiday, and mine just split into two!

xMiSsCrOfTx
18-09-07, 16:35
I have to wear mine every night, If i miss a night and put them in the next day they feel really tight.

Same. Ugh, I hate it. :s

Jacob x5
18-09-07, 16:47
Retainers are annoying, sure. Twin blocks are a nightmare. :D Thank god both are over for me and I can just carry on with the standard fixed brace.

Sedge
18-09-07, 16:48
I've been wearing it like a year and a half. I usually only wear mine once or twice a week...thats why im hoping itll be ok. :/
Then I think it'll be alright.. Mine broke once, and I had worn it almost as long as you and every second night. Had no problems, even though I had to wait for a while to get them fixed - felt a bit tight, but that's how they always feel when putting into mouth(I'm not exactly sure if we're talking about the same retainer-thingy but.. o.O).. :p Your teeth wouldn't change their positions that quickly, eh? But of course, it depends.. Likely they'll fit, I hope! :tmb:

tr_mitch
18-09-07, 16:53
Same. Ugh, I hate it. :s

Yeah but it keeps us having sexy smiles haha.
Should make a retain appreciation thread, to be honest... my life was crap before braces.:)

Sedge
18-09-07, 17:03
^Haha, go ahead! :jmp:
And I know what you mean, I didn't understand it back then but now that I look at my photos as a 10-year old.. Well, nice cheery smile but.. :pi:

gotha-666
18-09-07, 17:07
lol dont worry 2 weeks wont change ur teeth :ton:

tr_mitch
18-09-07, 17:15
^Haha, go ahead! :jmp:
And I know what you mean, I didn't understand it back then but now that I look at my photos as a 10-year old.. Well, nice cheery smile but.. :pi:

You should of seen my ****ers... crooked is an understatement haha.

Love the avatar by the way. :tmb: