PDA

View Full Version : Who Loves Halloween?

myrmaad
18-09-07, 15:46
And are you planning a costume this year? Are you working on anything special? Do you decorate? Do you go to party or on a Bar Loop? I like to go on the Loop.

Is your costume top secret or do you make it yourself.

Last year I went as Little Red Riding Hood and my husband went as The Big Bad Wolf. We bought some elements, like his mask, but I made his "paws" and his furry shirt.

One year he made a headless mad scientist, where he carried his REAL head in a fake arm with a fake neck streaming blood and gummy worms out of the top of his lab coat. He won 3rd place and $599 with that costume. I went as his nurse. "She blinded me with science".

One year we went as a couple of "hillbillies" with fake teeth and straw hats and farmer plaid shirts and 'dungarees', a corn cob pipe and a whiskey keg. My husband pulled his pants up to his armpits. That was hilarious.

I have gone as a sexy red devil, and I have done many a witch for All Hallows, I love to be a witch. One year I went as shiny birthday present, complete with big candle and birthday sign. That one was funny. I wore a sparkly silver wig and a big pink bow, and a shiny blue spandex cat suit. I stuffed pink shredded paper at my ankles and neck and arms.

I'm trying to think of what others we've done.

We used to have a buddy that had a hearse and we'd drive around in it freaking people out on the street, grabbing them and stuff.

What do you do?? Not much time to get ready now.

kill bill
18-09-07, 15:47
This year I might dress up as Mr Croft. I have the Guns/Belt/Backpack/flashlamp/UZI'S/Glasses/Headset

jamieoliver22
18-09-07, 15:49
This year I might dress up as Mr Croft. I have the Guns/Belt/Backpack/flashlamp/UZI'S/Glasses/Headset

You are soooooo gonna have to post a picture of you dressed like that on here... :p

kill bill
18-09-07, 15:52
You are soooooo gonna have to post a picture of you dressed like that on here... :p

With my head in a black box. :D

Angel_14
18-09-07, 15:53
I'm going to dress as AoD Lara. I have every accessory: Shorts/Top/Lipstick/Boots. The only thing I need is the holsters and the guns.

Plus they say I have resemblances with her, so Yay :D

SamReeves
18-09-07, 15:56
LOL! This could be the start of a Halloween members pictures thread. :p

kill bill
I'm going to dress as AoD Lara. I have every accessory: Shorts/Top/Lipstick/Boots. The only thing I need is the holsters and the guns.

Plus they say I have resemblances with her, so Yay :D
I got these same one with belt and buckle.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Lara-Croft-Fancy-Dress-2-Leg-Holsters-Belt-and-Buckle_W0QQitemZ260161570432QQihZ016QQcategoryZ584 49QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh and they are leatherette

kill bill
LOL! This could be the start of a Halloween members pictures thread. :p

OMG!!! Great idea!!! Lets make the topic on halloween day!

Lara Croft!
18-09-07, 15:57
In Greece we don't have Halloween, we have another Holiday called Apokries, which means we don't eat for a few days. During Apokries we dress up, have parades, wera masks, pretty much Halloween but without the "trick or treat" tradition. I will dress sth with my boyfriend, maybe elves.

kill bill
18-09-07, 15:58
In Greece we don't have Halloween, we have another Holiday called Apokries, which means we don't eat for a few days. During Apokries we dress up, have parades, wera masks, pretty much Halloween but without the "trick or treat" tradition. I will dress sth with my boyfriend, maybe elves.

Don't eat what thats precuiliar

Rivendell
18-09-07, 16:03
Halloween, or Calan Gaeaf as I grew up calling it - for the last few years I've spent it going to a folk-dance night where I proceed to drink, drink, drink some more and then dance.

So much fun!

:D

Earthcane
18-09-07, 16:05
Ahem, Guyz, its only Septemba... But hey, I luuuurve Halloween too!!

When I was 8, i dressed up as a Mummy to go to a party. I was wrapped from head to toe in white bandages. When i got ther, someone sed they thot i had just walked out of the Casualty tv show. I felt so gutted!!

My Sister's friend is having a Super-hero themed party this halloween. Thinkin of going as the Scarecrow from Batman.
I once saw a guy dressed as a Headless Horseman once. It was really Gross. He was actually holding his own head! ( the arms were fake, but it looked really real.)

Have a spooky Halloween!!

http://i8.************/54ccei0.jpg

http://i15.************/61jzw4p.jpg

MiCkiZ88
18-09-07, 16:07
I like it. Even though we dont really celebrate it here.. =/
I usually have a party at my house. But I might just go out with friends to a club this year.

myrmaad
18-09-07, 16:11
Ahem, Guyz, its only Septemba... But hey, I luuuurve Halloween too!!

Have a spooky Halloween!!

Great pics and ideas! September is LATE, if you're into crafting a great costume! I have other commitments, so I have to start early!

I made my husband into a mummy one year. I had some cheap sheets I had bought for something else, so I boiled them in TEABAGS, to make them look old and yellowed, and then ripped into 3 or 4 inch strips, then he put on old shoes, old pants and an old shirt and I glued the strips to him with a glue gun. But he wouldn't hold still and half way through the evening he started unwinding, it looked like he'd been TP'd!!! haha :jmp:

nicola1986
18-09-07, 16:13
I love Halloween, I haven't dressed up in ages but this year I want to, I'd love to dress as Lara and go out, it'd be so cool and see if I could get my bf to be Kurtis, it's a long shot but I'll wear him down :D

Sedge
18-09-07, 16:19
Nah, we don't really spend Halloween here in Finland(might be few exceptions who do though), not a traditional event at all.. At least I haven't became familiar with it nor has anyone I know. :p

Edit: Hah, except Mika! :D

Ah, honestly, if there were any Finns celebrating it they'd just use it as an excuse to go drinking.
What I've observed.. :pi:

george_croft
18-09-07, 16:24
Halloween isn't a big deal at all in Sweden. But I might gather some friends to have a smaller Halloween party at my place! I have no idea what i'm gonna dress up as though!:p

MiCkiZ88
18-09-07, 16:26
Edit: Hah, except Mika! :D

Ah, honestly, if there were any Finns celebrating it they'd just use it as an excuse to go drinking.
What I've observed.. :pi:I'm always the exception! :D

Yesh, it's an excuse. A bloody excuse. My parties were only about drinking :p

Soma Holiday
18-09-07, 16:51
I LOVE Halloween! But I always dress up in cosplay more than in halloween horror spirit haha...i've been lara, selene from underworld, an umbrella corporation lacky, as well as Jay from Jay and Silent Bob lol.

I was a vampire school girl one year though...thats kinda authentic lol. :p

Jacob x5
18-09-07, 16:51
I don't really care for Halloween. I don't celebrate it.

Sedge
18-09-07, 16:57
I think I've never even tasted pumpkins, now that I think of it.. O.o Are they good? :D

I'm always the exception! :D

Yesh, it's an excuse. A bloody excuse. My parties were only about drinking :p
:pi: Juoppo!

..:whi:

xMiSsCrOfTx
18-09-07, 16:58
I think this year I'm gonna buy one of those cheap surgeon costumes and carry around a giant syringe. :D

hera7days
18-09-07, 17:05
I looooooooove Halloween. Candy, scary stuff, playing pretend, it almost makes me feel like a kid. In recent years I've been Samara Morgan, the Corpse Bride, Gogo Yubari, Lara Croft, and Strong Bad. My friend's dad gets really into it, and they're going to dress up their house all creepy. It's gonna be sweet.

Oh geez, I have no idea what to be this Halloween.

Mad Tony
18-09-07, 17:21
This year I'll be sitting in the lounge watching a movie with my Colt M4 BB rifle close to hand so I can take down anybody who tries to egg our house (happened last year). :mis:

But seriously, that's what I'm doing. :p

Earthcane
18-09-07, 17:31
Anyone got any pics of their costume ideas?
Heres a pic that looks like the Headless Horseman one that I saw:

http://i12.************/4xwyvjl.jpg

http://i2.************/63hv7up.jpg

Cant wait till Halloween!!

Earthcane
18-09-07, 17:33
This year I'll be sitting in the lounge watching a movie with my Colt M4 BB rifle close to hand so I can take down anybody who tries to egg our house (happened last year). :mis:

But seriously, that's what I'm doing. :p
A mate of mine got Egged in the face one Halloween.
Takes the fun out of the whole nite.

Anyone go to any fireworks displays on Halloween nite??

tr_mitch
18-09-07, 17:35
I think this year I'm gonna buy one of those cheap surgeon costumes and carry around a giant syringe. :D

Thats what I'm doing, but im gonna put like fake blood all over the front of it.

I love Halloween, this club i usually go to his holding a Halloween party so i'll end up going to that.

Mad Tony
18-09-07, 17:37
A mate of mine got Egged in the face one Halloween.
Takes the fun out of the whole nite.
Halloween is just like any other day for me, except there are a few more people ringing at the door. But I knew this person (in fact he used to bully me) so revenge will be nice should he attempt the same stunt again. :)

Nannonxyay
18-09-07, 17:54
I would love to go to a halloween party! But my parents would never let me :(

If I did I'd dress up as something really cool like that headless horseman thingy! :jmp:

Earthcane
18-09-07, 17:56
Halloween is just like any other day for me, except there are a few more people ringing at the door. But I knew this person (in fact he used to bully me) so revenge will be nice should he attempt the same stunt again. :)
Every major holiday- Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day- has been hijacked by Hallmark, we all know that. But it doesnt hold us back from having fun!!
Remember the line in Friends:
" I dont believe in dressing up and becoming someone else."
" Joey, youre an actor!!"

http://i2.************/4qxdlj5.jpg

Mad Tony
18-09-07, 17:57
Every major holiday- Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day- has been hijacked by Hallmark, we all know that. But it doesnt hold us back from having fun!!
Remember the line in Friends:
" I dont believe in dressing up and becoming someone else."
" Joey, youre an actor!!"
It's not that, I just think it's a bit pointless.

myrmaad
18-09-07, 18:01
I just think it's fun.

Earthcane
18-09-07, 18:19
I just think it's fun.
Hey myrmaad. Yeah, i share your love for Halloween! Some years, i go out partyin with me mates. Other years, i stay in, curl up on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn, and watch Horror flicks. Watched An American Wereewolf in London and the Ring last year. scared the bejeezus outa me!!

Have you any pics of your costumes? I have a friend that works in the local Carnival group. He makes papier-mache costumes for people in the parade eachyear.

Reggie
18-09-07, 18:22
I think I might indulge myself in celebrating halloween in some way this year.

danitiwa
18-09-07, 18:25
ME! And nobody except the people in the HP thread know my costume. :cln:
It's gonna be so cool. :D :jmp: I love Halloween! Free Candy, friends, icky pumpkin cleaning, candy, Nightmare Before Christmas, candy, candy and candy! :D

RockSteady101
18-09-07, 18:31
But I'm Not Going Out This Year, Just Don't Fancy It.

My Best Outfit Was Last Year, Roxas! :D

Everyone Asked Why I Had A Big Key, Handmade BTW ;)

:vlol:

Whatta' Night...Nobody Know Who I Was, Not Many Scottish KH Fans I Guess :p

http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/khextreme/kh2/images/artwork/KH2_Artwork_Roxas2.jpg

myrmaad
18-09-07, 18:31
Hey myrmaad. Yeah, i share your love for Halloween! Some years, i go out partyin with me mates. Other years, i stay in, curl up on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn, and watch Horror flicks. Watched An American Wereewolf in London and the Ring last year. scared the bejeezus outa me!!

Have you any pics of your costumes? I have a friend that works in the local Carnival group. He makes papier-mache costumes for people in the parade eachyear.

We have some somewhere. Last year we got a lot of other people's pics but didn't get any of our own! How lame is that. A lot of ours would have to be scanned, so I don't know when I'd get around to that. :(

Earthcane
18-09-07, 18:34
ME! And nobody except the people in the HP thread know my costume. :cln:
It's gonna be so cool. :D :jmp: I love Halloween! Free Candy, friends, icky pumpkin cleaning, candy, Nightmare Before Christmas, candy, candy and candy! :D
Anyone watch Robotchicken? I think I'll dress up as a taun-taun
from star wars insted. Hee hee!

Harry Potter thread, eh? Yeah, i'm mad about the Potter books too. Whats goin on over at the HP thread lately? My fave character is Frenrir Greyback. Grrrrrrrrr.

danitiwa
18-09-07, 18:35
Anyone watch Robotchicken? I think I'll dress up as a taun-taun
from star wars insted. Hee hee!

Harry Potter thread, eh? Yeah, i'm mad about the Potter books too. Whats goin on over at the HP thread lately? My fave character is Frenrir Greyback. Grrrrrrrrr.
Taun Taun Hehe. :D Good one. :jmp:

Well go over and look mate,

and I'm obsessed with Bella, so I'll be dressing up as her. Dark mark and all. ;)

Earthcane
18-09-07, 18:36
But I'm Not Going Out This Year, Just Don't Fancy It.

My Best Outfit Was Last Year, Roxas! :D

Everyone Asked Why I Had A Big Key, Handmade BTW ;)

:vlol:

Whatta' Night...Nobody Know Who I Was, Not Many Scottish KH Fans I Guess :p

http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/khextreme/kh2/images/artwork/KH2_Artwork_Roxas2.jpg
OMG, thats a cool pic!! Where you get it from? Wikipedia?

Yeah, I think the more creative you are at Halloween, the more it pays off.
The more Papier mache the better!!

touchmyheart
18-09-07, 18:37
Meh... my friends arn't really into the whole halloween thing and as such I never do anything :p Pity :(

Earthcane
18-09-07, 18:40
Taun Taun Hehe. :D Good one. :jmp:

Well go over and look mate,

and I'm obsessed with Bella, so I'll be dressing up as her. Dark mark and all. ;)
Hey Dani. Yeah, Bella rocks. Especially when she tortures Hermiione.
And Ron is helpless to do anything. Just one of the reasons why HP gets
me so emotional.
As Mrs Weasley says,
" Not my Daughter, you Beeotch!!"

danitiwa
18-09-07, 18:42
Hey Dani. Yeah, Bella rocks. Especially when she tortures Hermiione.
And Ron is helpless to do anything. Just one of the reasons why HP gets
me so emotional.
As Mrs Weasley says,
" Not my Daughter, you Beeotch!!"

She is a bad beeotch... :cool: A rawkin' one. Das' why Lurve her.

Ok lol no more slanguage. :D

Let's keep this to the HP thread. :p

Earthcane
18-09-07, 18:56
She is a bad beeotch... :cool: A rawkin' one. Das' why Lurve her.

Ok lol no more slanguage. :D

Let's keep this to the HP thread. :p
Rite, i posted sumthin over on the HP thred. Go read!