PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable....

Lara_Zoz2006
19-09-07, 13:56
READ THE TEXT BELOW BEFORE LOOKING AT THE PICTURE!!!

Family on holiday in Australia for a week and a half when husband,

wife and their 15 year old son decided to go scuba diving. The
husband
is in the navy and has had some scuba experience.

His son wanted a pic of his mum and dad in all their gear so got
the underwater camera on the go. When it came to taking the pic the dad
realized that the son look like he was panicking as he took it and
gave he "OK" hand sign to see if he was alright.

The son took the pic and swam to the surface and back to the boat
asquick as he could so the mum and dad followed to see if he was OK.

When they got back to him he was scrambling onto the boat and
absolutely white

When the parents asked why he said "there was a shark behind you"
and he dad thought he was joking but the skipper of the boat said
it was true and that they wouldn't believe him if he told them what it
was.
As soon as they got back to the hotel they put the pic onto the
laptop

and this is what they saw...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/littlesusie_01/Untitled1.jpg

Alex Fly
19-09-07, 14:00
OMG ! :yik: :vlol:

Mad Tony
19-09-07, 14:03
Woah :eek:

Quiver.
19-09-07, 14:05
nice photoshop work...

Autolycus
19-09-07, 14:05
Omg surley that has to be fake. It has to be.

Inkheart
19-09-07, 14:06
Heh, I bet they couldn't wait to go home and show everyone! I suppose the photo and story are fake?

I believe they should have stayed still - sharks are attracted to sudden movements . . . and blood.

Lara_Zoz2006
19-09-07, 14:10
yer my mate sent me it as an email, i know its a fake camt be true at all but still makes u think about lol hehe

george_croft
19-09-07, 14:10
O-M-G, if that's real, then....wow, just WOW:eek:

aquaflute
19-09-07, 14:11
even if it's photoshop I think it's a great idea and a lovely pic:ton:

Mad Tony
19-09-07, 14:15
If it is a fake (which I doubt it is) then the person who made that picture must be extremely good at Photoshop.

Dakaruch
19-09-07, 14:18
OMFG :yik:
what a lucky fellows!
it is real, as someone said sharks are attracted by sudden moves, and blood... and the shark could not be hungry :p

Soma Holiday
19-09-07, 14:19
thats pretty awesome haha. id tell everyone it was intensional. :D

danitiwa
19-09-07, 14:26
Umm cute! :p

Legends
19-09-07, 14:28
Scary!

lillyc
19-09-07, 14:52
OMG!:yik:They are really lucky!:eek:If it is a fake the guy that made that must have years of practice with Photoshop.

kill bill
19-09-07, 15:28
Wow OMG

nicola1986
19-09-07, 16:28
If it is a fake (which I doubt it is) then the person who made that picture must be extremely good at Photoshop.

I agree, if it's fake, it's fantastic!

If it's real, then they are luckiest people ever lol Makes me shudder!

Beanz
19-09-07, 16:28
YIKES! :eek:

Geck-o-Lizard
19-09-07, 16:31

Lol, actually they wouldn't need to be that good. Find me two hi-res underwater photos and I'll make you one like the above.

It looks like a Worth1000 'shop, to me. Those sometimes get circulated around emails with bull**** stories attached.

How you make those:
Find picture of divers.
Find picture of shark.
Paste shark over divers in Photoshop.
Mask out parts of shark that overlap divers, so they appear in front of it.
Reduce opacity and brightness of shark.
Adjust hues, saturation and shadows to match the divers' photo.
Airbrush on shadows & highlights where desired.
Apply blur/sharpen/noise filters to shark to match image quality of the divers photo.
Merge images.
Apply filters again to add noise and blurring evenly across both photos.
Tweak colours again to make the two images match further.
Voila.

Anubis_AF
19-09-07, 16:33
nice photoshop work...

Bingo. I've heard of this a looooong time ago. Not true.

xcrushterx
19-09-07, 16:38
If it was real I'd be like OMG :yik:

But, it's a fake :p

MoonSword
19-09-07, 17:14
Nice picture.
It must be a fake because the shark wouldn't have spoilt such a promising diner! :p

Aria
19-09-07, 17:17
:yik::yik::yik:

gotha-666
19-09-07, 17:30
OMG !! :yik: AHAHAAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAH !!!!!!!! :vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol:

gotha-666
19-09-07, 17:30
If it was real I'd be like OMG :yik:

But, it's a fake :p

lol ur avatar rlly matches the whole thing :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-09-07, 17:52
lol, I think it's fake. Hilarious though. :vlol:

Cord_Croft
19-09-07, 17:55
:D

Haha :vlol:

He looks cute even if the sharks fake =3

Laurencarter
19-09-07, 17:57
That's really freaky

Joe_16
19-09-07, 18:17
That's scary just looking at it.

If that is true, the kid who took the picture must have been unbalievably close to actually crapping himself.

PARANOIA
19-09-07, 19:56
Sigh sigh sigh.

Ok, people, time for a lesson in Great White Shark-ology.

To those naysayers who state "That cannot possibly be a real photo. They would have been eaten alive!" No, sharks are actually quite docile creatures. Their hunger is merely aroused by blood. In any case, sharks do not attack humans as their prey. Science has found that many shark attacks are caused when sharks mistake the shadows of humans for the silhouettes of seals, and in the extreme case an attack should occur, they break off after the first bite because of the foul taste of human flesh.

This couple was perfectly safe. I suggest all of you reopen your Biology I textbooks and take another look.

Izzie404
19-09-07, 20:02
Sigh sigh sigh.

To those naysayers who state "That cannot possibly be a real photo. They would have been eaten alive!" No, sharks are actually quite docile creatures. Their hunger is merely aroused by blood. In any case, sharks do not attack humans as their prey. Science has found that many shark attacks are caused when sharks mistake the shadows of humans for the silhouettes of seals, and in the extreme case an attack should occur, they break off after the first bite because of the foul taste of human flesh.

This couple was perfectly safe. I suggest all of you reopen your Biology I textbooks and take another look.

What about the guy who had his calf muscle clutched in the jaws of a shark, and getting pulled further out into sea?
Although I don't think it was the same species [if that has anything to do with it]

PARANOIA
19-09-07, 20:07
What about the guy who had his calf muscle clutched in the jaws of a shark, and getting pulled further out into sea?
Although I don't think it was the same species [if that has anything to do with it]

Got a link? Because I don't know who "the guy" is, or what "shark", where, when, why, how, and which.

RockSteady101
19-09-07, 20:09
s'Fake

Very Good Photoshop Though ;)

This Was Copied n' Pasted From Here, Lara_ZoZ Post That Is :)

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/scubashark.asp

Mr.Burns
19-09-07, 20:13
Someone has too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

Ampersand
19-09-07, 20:16
If it's genuine, wow. If it's fake, wow, those are some damn good photo-manip skills.

PARANOIA
19-09-07, 20:17
Someone has too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

Photoshop really isn't a hard program to master.

Mr.Burns
19-09-07, 20:19
Photoshop really isn't a hard program to master.

Yes, I know that. My point being that it's a waste of time. That's just my opinion though.

tlr online
19-09-07, 20:21
READ THE TEXT BELOW BEFORE LOOKING AT THE PICTURE!!!

Family on holiday in Australia for a week and a half when husband,

wife and their 15 year old son decided to go scuba diving. The
husband
is in the navy and has had some scuba experience.

His son wanted a pic of his mum and dad in all their gear so got
the underwater camera on the go. When it came to taking the pic the dad
realized that the son look like he was panicking as he took it and
gave he "OK" hand sign to see if he was alright.

The son took the pic and swam to the surface and back to the boat
asquick as he could so the mum and dad followed to see if he was OK.

When they got back to him he was scrambling onto the boat and
absolutely white

When the parents asked why he said "there was a shark behind you"
and he dad thought he was joking but the skipper of the boat said
it was true and that they wouldn't believe him if he told them what it
was.
As soon as they got back to the hotel they put the pic onto the
laptop

and this is what they saw...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/littlesusie_01/Untitled1.jpg

Is this genuine? Do you have a source?

tlr online
19-09-07, 20:23
s'Fake

Very Good Photoshop Though ;)

This Was Copied n' Pasted From Here, Lara_ZoZ Post That Is :)

Ah! I see the original shark image without the divers. Still, that's a great picture and it seems to have gone down in folklore.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-09-07, 20:28
So it was a Worth1000 entry. I was right, nyah nyah. :D

Sigh sigh sigh.

To those naysayers who state "That cannot possibly be a real photo. They would have been eaten alive!"

Actually it's the improbability of a looming shark being perfectly centered in the frame right behind the hilariously oblivious divers that makes the image's authenticity doubtful, not the shark's nature.

ThomasCroft
19-09-07, 20:53
OK, it's not real, but even if it was, why the hell would you actually bother taking a picture of a shark looming up on your parents a couple of nanoseconds before almost certain death? I'd just get the hell outta there, not bother about a pretty Kodak moment.

Mad Tony
19-09-07, 20:54
OK, it's not real, but even if it was, why the hell would you actually bother taking a picture of a shark looming up on your parents a couple of nanoseconds before almost certain death? I'd just get the hell outta there, not bother about a pretty Kodak moment.It wouldn't be almost certain death. Read what PARANOIA said about sharks a couple of pages back.
Not trying to defend the authenticity of the picture btw, just stating that it wouldn't be almost certain death.

ThomasCroft
19-09-07, 21:12
It wouldn't be almost certain death. Read what PARANOIA said about sharks a couple of pages back.
Not trying to defend the authenticity of the picture btw, just stating that it wouldn't be almost certain death.

Yeah I read PARA's post but the guy taking the picture - fake - didn't know that did he? He would have been more interested in the picture than his parents' immediate welfare if that story was true. Instinct would have forced him to get out of the situation as quickly as possible, despite all the scientific truths being thrown around.

Ladyknowles
19-09-07, 21:17
:yik::yik::yik::yik::yik:
Is it real!

God
I propa weed me pants at that like!

remote91
19-09-07, 22:28
:vlol: fake, but its a cute thought that maybe Mr Sharky just wanted to get in the photo..

RAID
19-09-07, 22:31
Say cheese...

If it isn't fake...then whoa....

Jensie17
19-09-07, 22:42
that shark is so scary lol

Encore
19-09-07, 23:05
Sigh sigh sigh.

GREAT WHITES ARE DOCILE??????????????

Man... I think you're misinterpreting Wikipedia's article :o Or your source whatever it is.
It's known that sharks don't systematically attack humans, but it should also be known that WHEN a White Shark attacks a human (or any other creature for that matter), the results are terrible. They ARE predators you know? I don't usually consider predators, like lions or tigers, "docile". No matter how little interest they have on humans, they are still dangerous if they suddenly care.

Also, you're patronizing us too much when you say this couple [if it was true] is perfectly safe. They're not. A White Shark has the habit of biting things a "bit" to see what they are (and their "bit" usually means one leg off or something).

Some sharks (many in fact) can be considered docile. Not Great Whites.

Izzie404
19-09-07, 23:26
Got a link? Because I don't know who "the guy" is, or what "shark", where, when, why, how, and which.

I know you are very picky about sources, but I'm so very sorry, I don't have any "New York Times" source. :rolleyes:
I remember I saw it on one of those shows like "Maximum Exposure," and they actually had video of the guy getting pulled into the water, but then after a long time [10 min. I think] of the shark trying to pull him out, it fully sliced off his calf muscle and took off with the meat as a nice little reward for effort :p.

Draco
19-09-07, 23:28
The scenario itself is more fake than even the picture. First of all the shark is too big (distance notwithstanding) and far too close.

It would have to swim through them since that particular brand of shark doesn't stop moving.

Besides...something that large and fast next to you isn't going to go unnoticed.

Tihocan9
19-09-07, 23:41
O my gosh that pic terrified me, I am really scared of sharks and the ocean so thinking about people being right infront of a HUGE shark is horrifying, it looks to real to be fake and I belive the pic more than the story but its incredible

Thanks for posting even if it turns up to be fake

Geck-o-Lizard
20-09-07, 00:34
Yes, it's a fake...

It wouldn't be almost certain death. Read what PARANOIA said about sharks a couple of pages back.

Just have to avoid kicking it in the nose when you notice it and try to swim away...

Legend Killer
20-09-07, 10:53
:vlol: Nice editing :whi:

viper456
20-09-07, 11:36
even if it has turnned out to be photoshopped it still scares the hell out of me. *shudders* and people wonder why I wont go in the sea :p

tombraider123
20-09-07, 11:50
It looks extremely real and even though it's fake, it's still scary to look at.

Earthcane
20-09-07, 12:53
OMG, i hate sharks.

I first saw Jaws when I was 12 and didnt go back in the water for nearly a year!
Remember the scene where the huge mouth rises out of the water for a brief second?
Scared the bejezus out of me.

Great pic, tho.

nicola1986
20-09-07, 12:56
The pic fascinates me, it's so well Photo-shopped!

Kinda reminds me of Deep Blue Sea and Jaws, good films *shudders at thought*

star girl
20-09-07, 20:08
Woah... 0.0

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 20:34
haha so a little googling and....

I guess this is the original.

http://i1.************/6cmpkeq.jpg

da tomb raider!
20-09-07, 20:44
Awww... :p

Joe_16
20-09-07, 20:45
Well it was fun whilst it lasted.

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 21:04
OMG!
soooorrrryyy
I propa ruined it :(
Sorry!

Rivendell
20-09-07, 21:05
Real or not, it's a damn cool picture!

Reggie
20-09-07, 21:06
Ladyknowles, I suppose you'll be telling me that Santa Claus doesn't exist next?
*shuffles away as illusion of such an exciting story is broken* damn that Google.

:whi:

Elysia
20-09-07, 21:10
Just look at the reflections fro the surface upon the shark - now look at the people. No ripple reflections... even with the discovery of the source picture, the perspective (the shark looks close, but the 'fuzziness' hints that it was further away. Even water doesn't distort that much at this close range) and lighting gave it away all along.

Still, it's a cool piece of photoshopping. There's quite a few of these 'uneblievable pictures' around ;)

PARANOIA
20-09-07, 21:10
Guys... the PhotoShop image was posted several pages ago...

nicola1986
20-09-07, 21:11
That is a very scary looking shark, I'm glad for those peoples' sake it wasn't real! :pi:

Elysia
20-09-07, 21:14
Guys... the PhotoShop image was posted several pages ago...
Yeeeessss... however, I saw the mock up first, thought 'heh, fake', posted and then saw the evidence that it was - still decided to post as it's fun to pick out the things other than discovering the original picture, simply because finding fault with everything other people do is one of life's simple joys... :D

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 21:14
Ladyknowles, I suppose you'll be telling me that Santa Claus doesn't exist next?
*shuffles away as illusion of such an exciting story is broken* damn that Google.

:whi:

Sowwweeee! I tried to resist...but i was like..they...must...know...the TRUTH! :ohn:

Sedge
20-09-07, 21:19
Ladyknowles: Nah, was already posted, don't worry. :p

But imagining that a pic like that would really have been taken... :eek: Big fish do look rather scary really. Fascinating.. but scary.

Actually this reminds me of those random pics taken with ghosts floating at the top of someone's bed etc., noticed afterwards when the photos have been developed.. I wonder where I saw a bunch of those, photoshopped but pretty creepy. Teehee. :D

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 21:23
haha! I suppose it would be a bit weird if they got mixed up, and there was a shark floating above your bed :p

And good! I don't get the blame!

Reggie
20-09-07, 21:23
Sowwweeee! I tried to resist...but i was like..they...must...know...the TRUTH! :ohn:

lmao no worries. I take an interest in photoshop myself, so I still have a certain appreciation for the picture beyond discovering its not real.

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 21:25
lmao no worries. I take an interest in photoshop myself, so I still have a certain appreciation for the picture beyond discovering its not real.

Yeaaah :) I'd love to be able to do good photoshop
But I'm better at normal art!
My friends get sick of me doing caricatures of em!

Reggie
20-09-07, 21:29
I'm not too bad at photoshop, I'm just a little fed up that I've got about 3 lineart projects on the go that are yet to be fully finished >.<

Love your caricatures btw :tmb:

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 21:31
I'm not too bad at photoshop, I'm just a little fed up that I've got about 3 lineart projects on the go that are yet to be fully finished >.<

Love your caricatures btw :tmb:

haha I know its of topic, but it was my friends birthday today and I did a caricature of her
I didn't finish till tonight though
I'll post it 2moro :)

I might actually try and take requests to do some, I love doing them :)

SpongeBob Lover
21-09-07, 05:48
it would of been so cool if it was real but when i saw it it made my stomach twitch :D

KurtisLonely
21-09-07, 06:02
omg :yik::eek:

SoulReaver74
21-09-07, 14:11
When i first saw it, i thought WTF :eek:, jaw dropped to the deck in amazement and then when i started to read through peoples post about it being a fake, i started to think yeah, people are wright, but even if it is, what a great job, very believable.

Encore
21-09-07, 15:05
haha so a little googling and....

I guess this is the original.

http://i1.************/6cmpkeq.jpg

Ain't he sweet? :hug:

MeowMix07
21-09-07, 15:20
AHHH! Nooo! I can't look at it! It scares me! :eek:

I actually screamed at that picture ... caught me off guard... :whi:

I have a really bad ... sharkphobia.