PDA

View Full Version : have u ever been labeled??

gotha-666
19-09-07, 21:25
i have been labeled as an emo i was wearing a hoodie and covering one eye with my hair, and i was labeled as goth cz i was wearing all black and a long trench coat :mad: AND MY CLASS TEAHCER THINKS IM SATANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
:hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea: :hea::hea::hea::hea:

Ampersand
19-09-07, 21:27
Heheh - 'gotha-666, Location: HELL', obviously you aren't satanically inclined in any way. :D

And yes, I have been labelled. I think everyone has at some point. Some people just beg for it more than others.

Apofiss
19-09-07, 21:30
Back of satant!!! :D ;)

jamieoliver22
19-09-07, 21:31
Heheh - 'gotha-666, Location: HELL', obviously you aren't satanically inclined in any way. :D

Just what I was thinking... That post just scares me...

Anyway, nah, not really. Only been called a Geek or whatever :P

Hyper_Crazy
19-09-07, 21:32
I've been labeled as emo and goth.

Dakaruch
19-09-07, 21:32
well i was never labeled...
in here everyone is nice, so no labeling stuff!

Lenochka
19-09-07, 21:36
Umm... Yeah! We all have been labeled. There are many people who put tags on people before even getting to know them, I guess its just how we humans are.

Voni
19-09-07, 21:38
There were a few guys in school who called me 'Ozzy', as in Ozzy Osbourne, as I used to dye my hair black with red underneath. It's more original than 'OMGZ UR A GOTH LOLZ', that I used to hear all the time! Maybe that's why I decided to go brunette...

Elysia
19-09-07, 21:38
I actually seriously doubt your teacher thinks your satanic. I see kids like you all day, everyday, and I never think 'yep - there goes the new Anton la Vey!'. :) Most of the time I am thinking 'awww, diddigothbabybat! Bless....' - remember, teachers were teenagers too once, and whatever any of you are doing now, we did back in the day too... ;)

gotha-666
19-09-07, 21:41
thats right elysia :D

vespertea
19-09-07, 21:46
I've only been labeled a few times to my knowledge. The labels were pretty harmless: "the geek," "the shy kid," and "the artist."

Archetype
19-09-07, 21:54
Goth a few times, thinks its quite funny as i dont look at all like a goth.. just narrow minded people judging my tastes in music.

oocladableeblah
19-09-07, 22:02
I've never been labeled as far as I know.

Thorir
19-09-07, 22:02
Goth, glam rocker, punk, snob and hippie. :)

Twilight
19-09-07, 22:04
i suppose, but who cares anyway. let them think what they want to, doesnt bother me. i kno who i am.

Mad Tony
19-09-07, 22:14
"The Smart One". :p Eh, only get called it occasionally.

2kool4u
19-09-07, 22:14
As too skinny yea, but omg YOUR OWN TEACHER!

PARANOIA
19-09-07, 22:17
I've been called "mean", "cruel", "crazy", "unemotional", and "smart." On some occasions, I've had some of the less affluent students at my school call me "SAM-I-AM'S IN DA HOUSE WHOO YEAH PARTY-TIME".

Probably cause I am, so yeah, no contest.

vespertea
19-09-07, 22:30
I've been called "mean", "cruel", "crazy", "unemotional", and "smart." On some occasions, I've had some of the less affluent students at my school call me "SAM-I-AM'S IN DA HOUSE WHOO YEAH PARTY-TIME".

Probably cause I am, so yeah, no contest.

I'd rather be labeled as those any day. :rolleyes:

nicola1986
19-09-07, 22:30
People used to call me a goth or a witch, don't know why, I used to wear all colours but I did like black nail varnish 'cos Spike wore it on Buffy :D

Someone told me I could wear pink and still look gothic :confused:

Tomb Raider Master
19-09-07, 22:48
Nothing serious that I can recall.

CAISACO
19-09-07, 22:49
i have been labeled as an emo i was wearing a hoodie and covering one eye with my hair, and i was labeled as goth cz i was wearing all black and a long trench coat :mad: AND MY CLASS TEAHCER THINKS IM SATANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Oh my..
Aren't you a mess
:vlol:

BtoFu
20-09-07, 00:23
Maybe if you let up on the 6666666666666666666666 stuff..

Legends
20-09-07, 00:27
Nothing serious that I can recall.

I have called you a couple of things.... :whi:

:D

Pipolinne
20-09-07, 00:31
I'm sure if you ever learn how to capitalize words correctly ( in the beginning of phrases,for instance) or producing grammatically correct sentences, at least your teachers will label you as a satanist that knows how to write properly :wve: :D.

Geck-o-Lizard
20-09-07, 00:31
Haha. I find it funny when I get labelled.

I've been thought of as a stoner when I was in school - not that I even touched weed, I just stayed up so late every night I was constantly exhausted, thus looked and behaved stoned.

I've been labelled a mosher when I used to wear spiked wristbands/baggy jeans/etc. Mmkay, I understand where that one was coming from; I called myself a mosher too.

I've been labelled a goth more recently because I now normally wear all-black. (Plain black shoes/boots/New Rocks, plain black jeans, plain black t-shirt, plain black shirt buttoned loosely with flappy cuffs) 'Course that one was more flattering; I love goth fashion and I LOVE gothic literature & movies, but I'm not a goth myself...

And I label myself as as Satanist whenever I get approached in the street by Hari Krishnas. :D

Encore
20-09-07, 00:52
And I label myself as as Satanist whenever I get approached in the street by Hari Krishnas. :D

:vlol: oh my.. :o

I was never labeled myself, over here in Portugal, there's not that big of an obsession with these things as in the US.

The only time I was labeled was diferent, it was over the internet; someone politely insulted emo people and included me in his insults because I like My Chemical Romance. :p (it was a music related site)

The incident annoyed me and made me write a gigantic post about the subject (more specifically about MCR and stereotypes around them). My fingers still hurt on that one. ahah

I guess I don't mind if people call me emo (in some ways I consider myself); it's when people do it as an insult, that annoys me.

Soma Holiday
20-09-07, 03:40
I was labeled as goth through my entire school cause they are stupid and think anyone that wheres dark eyeliner and prefers black clothes/ Hot Topic is instantly a goth...and while it may sound somewhat the part, on an emotional level, im completely not one. :p

MiCkiZ88
20-09-07, 03:59
From Emo/Goth to Hippie gay. Ah well.. atleast people have differend views on me. I don't really care tbh. :p

Zac Medley
20-09-07, 04:38
I'm sure if you ever learn how to capitalize words correctly ( in the beginning of phrases,for instance) or producing grammatically correct sentences, at least your teachers will label you as a satanist that knows how to write properly :wve: :D.

Hey Pip, have you ever been labeled as sarcastic? As posessing a rare wit of such dry character that people frown until they figure it out, then fall over laughing?

Just wondering. ;)

I've been labeled as white, non hispanic; sometimes as Caucasian (though I've never been to that part of Russia).

Then back in the day (way back) I was called goggles or four-eyes (yawn). Everyone called me Einstein.

danitiwa
20-09-07, 04:48
Easy there, if you're gonna dress like an emo be prepared for being called one.

People just don't understand that there's the style emo, and then there's clinical depression. :p Which aren't the same thing.

Yes, a guy asked me if I was a punk- I said sorta. :p It really didn't bug me.
What bugs me though is when my parents say I'm going goth. I'm like: Dad, mom this is not goth so stop it! :p I mean there's nothing wrong with goths either, but...

hera7days
20-09-07, 05:57
I've been called goth, which I never fully understood. I mean, sure I wear all black, and boots and a trench coat in the winter, but other than that... I used want to look like the super gothy kids at my school with the spiked dog collars and chains and black lipstick and whatever else they wore, but I could never be bothered with all that. I don't even like tying my boots. But sometimes I did goth it up, and one time I got.. unlabelled. This girl was all, "How can you call yourself goth if you haven't seen The Crow?" and I say that I'm not goth, I'm just dressed that way. Trufax.

I'm also the shy girl and the skinny girl.

Geck-o-Lizard
20-09-07, 06:37
Seen the Crow? How can someone call themself Goth if they haven't read it? The movie was crap. :p

hera7days
20-09-07, 06:56
Seen the Crow? How can someone call themself Goth if they haven't read it? The movie was crap. :p

I didn't even know there was more than just the movie! Boy, I make a sucky goth.

clairelovestlc
20-09-07, 09:57
Have i even been labeled? yes, where i used to work we used to have label gun wars and used to price each other up... oh wait that's not what you mean is it ;) No Ive never been labeled really, other than as a bit random sometimes!

pEhouse
20-09-07, 10:01
Yea I've been labeled. Actually, I am every day. But that's what you get for wearing baggy pants and XL-shirts.

nicola1986
20-09-07, 10:04
OMG I must have been a goth, I LOVE the Crow movie and Brandon Lee rocked in it, I have it on DVD and know it word for word :pi:

Ikas90
20-09-07, 10:40
I've been labelled as a "Mute", because I never used to talk to anyone. People still call me that, even though I do talk now. :p

Pipolinne
20-09-07, 11:08
;) @ Zac!

Like Encore said, in Portugal,to label a person that way isn't common.

I think it may be some cases,in some schools, but they have a specific profile,it's not a generalized thing.

disapearing-boy
20-09-07, 11:48

i was labelled 'GUN' i school... best not to play jokes or mind games with people when there were lot's school shootings in the news...

it was insensitive but i got my comeuppance i guess:p

My brother calls me emo since i started using a hair straightener on my hair but i think he's just winding me up...

Ada the Mental
20-09-07, 12:21
LMAO! I second that! :rolleyes:

Labeling is not really common in Greece. At least not to a ridiculous extend.

I have been called a goth, though, or even a satanist. I don't really mind the first one (I like some goth music and I'm quite fond of the gothy style, even though I don't consider myself one) and I frankly don't care about the latter. :wve:

Oh, and some people used to call me a drug addict in secondary school, thanks to a stupid brat in my class.

nicola1986
20-09-07, 12:31
People called me a tom-boy too, I don't dress like a guy or anything but I'm not incredibly girly either, but I grew up with the guys and didn't know many girls.

NemesisxAngelus
20-09-07, 13:16
/\ Now that's an interesting label XD

I've been labeled as: goth, emo, anti social, depressed loner etc etc. :rolleyes:

Legend of Lara
20-09-07, 13:30
I was once labelled as emo. :confused:

I haven't the foggiest why, as I'm not even close to being emo. o_O

gotha-666
20-09-07, 13:52
People used to call me a goth or a witch, don't know why, I used to wear all colours but I did like black nail varnish 'cos Spike wore it on Buffy :D

Someone told me I could wear pink and still look gothic :confused:

u can wear any colour and look gothic, if u wear pink, it depends on ur personality and the way u act and ur taste of music and other stuff :jmp:

nicola1986
20-09-07, 14:53
I suppose so, I liked Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit when I was young and I was very quiet, of course the black nail varnish didn't help lol :D

Still, I was pretty cool ;)

touchmyheart
20-09-07, 15:26
I was once called a teeny bopper by a girl in a punk-ish clothing store. I was shopping for a present for a friend and she chased me out claiming that I didn't "belong". I never went back, and I ll tell you, she that shop some good business ;)

Paperdoll
20-09-07, 16:09

How can anyone call themselves goth or anything else for that matter, simply for what they wear or watch...? X_X

Meh. Because those are all because of fashion I guess, oh yes being goth, punk or emo is all about the clothes you wear, not how you think.

And yes, that was sarcasm, I know a few of you would probably have a hard time getting that.

But yeah it's easy to get fitted into one stereotype, I mean I try so hard not to be stereotyped into a goth, I mean, can't people see that wearing black from head to toe is so not goth! It ****es me off! Besides I don't like Satan! I just happen to like the number 6x3, which would be errrm... 666? And use it all the time! Because it's goth like that.... but wait! I am so not like a goth! Damn X_X I fail at life XD

in these arms
20-09-07, 16:12
Recently I've been called a goth because I like Marilyn Manson. I'm not goth I just like his music.

star girl
20-09-07, 16:33
I'm too unpredictable - no one can label me :p

Voni
20-09-07, 17:21
I was once called a teeny bopper by a girl in a punk-ish clothing store. I was shopping for a present for a friend and she chased me out claiming that I didn't "belong". I never went back, and I ll tell you, she that shop some good business ;)

Well clearly she was an idiot. Well done love, you've lost some business!

tweetygwee
20-09-07, 17:32
I'm too unpredictable - no one can label me :p

Similar story here- I don't fit into any group, so I can't be labelled.

CuteKittenlol
20-09-07, 17:41
I get called Emo/Goth/Mosher all the time...and I'm not any of them :p It's just kids being stupid XD

danitiwa
20-09-07, 17:41
How can anyone call themselves goth or anything else for that matter, simply for what they wear or watch...? X_X

Meh. Because those are all because of fashion I guess, oh yes being goth, punk or emo is all about the clothes you wear, not how you think.

And yes, that was sarcasm, I know a few of you would probably have a hard time getting that.

But yeah it's easy to get fitted into one stereotype, I mean I try so hard not to be stereotyped into a goth, I mean, can't people see that wearing black from head to toe is so not goth! It ****es me off! Besides I don't like Satan! I just happen to like the number 6x3, which would be errrm... 666? And use it all the time! Because it's goth like that.... but wait! I am so not like a goth! Damn X_X I fail at life XD
I know, it annoys me too! That's what everyone thinks don't they? It is a honour to acheive a label IMO, :p just wearing black doesn't make you emo/goth.

You have to LIVE IT if you want to be, and people should also not be stupid enough to think that wearing black automatically makes you goth! If I go to a funeral I'm automatically goth then? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, my friend wears pink and listens to Gothic metal, Night Wish, Within Temptation, etc. Why are you automatically judged by what you wear?! Like if you're a guy wearing pink you're automatically gay. :rolleyes: (Or it used to be that way, it's less of a problem nowadays.)

I must add: If I chose had to have a label, it would be class clown or punk. :D

As for punk: I'm not, I'm pretty much just a wannabe. (I <3 Green day, that's probably what drove me into it... And crossbones are irresistable.)

Reggie
20-09-07, 17:48
I've never been labelled before and I would be offended if I was.
Labels suck :(

Necromanser
20-09-07, 17:55
I have been labeled a geek a few time but apart from that nothing else

Beanz
20-09-07, 17:58
Emo and goth, and in my school, I've been threatened about being one.... meh who cares :)

Necromanser
20-09-07, 18:03
I have been labeled a geek a few time but apart from that

Paperdoll
20-09-07, 18:22
I know, it annoys me too! That's what everyone thinks don't they? It is a honour to acheive a label IMO, :p just wearing black doesn't make you emo/goth.
I don't agree with that, I don't think it's something you achieve, in a certain way alot of teens go through these stereotypes since they're in the identity forming stage, however since it's a way of thinking, it's not so much of an achievement as it is just being yourself, not fabricating yourself.

You have to LIVE IT if you want to be, and people should also not be stupid enough to think that wearing black automatically makes you goth! If I go to a funeral I'm automatically goth then? :rolleyes:
Ditto.

Seriously though, my friend wears pink and listens to Gothic metal, Night Wish, Within Temptation, etc. Why are you automatically judged by what you wear?! Like if you're a guy wearing pink you're automatically gay. :rolleyes: (Or it used to be that way, it's less of a problem nowadays.)
Those aren't gothic metal, but let's get into that labelling :p but I get what you mean. I have the tastes I have however I dress as normal as one can dress. But yes, although I hate seeing a guy wearing pink, it's a nice thing that people aren't putting it so much in a box atm, at least a trend has done some good XD

As for punk: I'm not, I'm pretty much just a wannabe. (I <3 Green day, that's probably what drove me into it... And crossbones are irresistable.)

Don't categorize yourself like that. You're not punk, otherwise you'd have to look into a whole movement and way of thinking, not just one band that got categorized into that and that for some ended up steering away from it.

Only label you can give yourself is a terribly insane young girl, with yet much to learn (but don't we all) that loves Green Day.

And that, as far as I'm concerned, is much more valuable than any other label :) because it's you.

People try too hard to be unique nowadays when all they're doing is following the crowd.

And I'm glad to finally get the opportunity to have a decent discussion with you Dani :D you're definitely improving in the way you expose your ideas. Awesomeness young Padawan :D

danitiwa
20-09-07, 18:35
I don't agree with that, I don't think it's something you achieve, in a certain way alot of teens go through these stereotypes since they're in the identity forming stage, however since it's a way of thinking, it's not so much of an achievement as it is just being yourself, not fabricating yourself.

Ditto.

Those aren't gothic metal, but let's get into that labelling :p but I get what you mean. I have the tastes I have however I dress as normal as one can dress. But yes, although I hate seeing a guy wearing pink, it's a nice thing that people aren't putting it so much in a box atm, at least a trend has done some good XD

Don't categorize yourself like that. You're not punk, otherwise you'd have to look into a whole movement and way of thinking, not just one band that got categorized into that and that for some ended up steering away from it.

Only label you can give yourself is a terribly insane young girl, with yet much to learn (but don't we all) that loves Green Day.

And that, as far as I'm concerned, is much more valuable than any other label :) because it's you.

People try too hard to be unique nowadays when all they're doing is following the crowd.

And I'm glad to finally get the opportunity to have a decent discussion with you Dani :D you're definitely improving in the way you expose your ideas. Awesomeness young Padawan :D
:p Thank ye,

(sorry not over pirate day yet... :pi: Yarr,)

But sorry: I wasn't thinking straight, Labels are not good... And they're not to be acheived, I meant to acheive to be something you want to be is cool. If it's a smartpants, slut or whatever.

I have to agree on this part:
Alas, I got pulled into that thing in my old school, just because three bullies were acting ahem... "Goth" I wanted to be like that, god knows why.

Cord_Croft
20-09-07, 18:36
I'm a hippy kid :p

danitiwa
20-09-07, 18:39
I'm a hippy kid :p

Hippies rawk... :D *makes pathetic peace sign*
_
/ | \
\ ^ /

gotha-666
20-09-07, 18:41
lol nice peace sign :D

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 18:45
I've went from being the fat nerd, to the emo, to the goff, to the hippy bohemian!

danitiwa
20-09-07, 18:55
Oh yeah, I was fat kid from 3-6 grade. :( It was NOT pretty, I still remember being called FATSO.

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 18:58
Oh yeah, I was fat kid from 3-6 grade. :( It was NOT pretty, I still remember being called FATSO.

well it all paid of now, im the one with the fir boyfriend :)

danitiwa
20-09-07, 19:01
well it all paid of now, im the one with the fir boyfriend :)

Not me... :pi: I Feel pathetic.

Gothlegend
20-09-07, 19:15
goth, emo, etc. but i'm not so yeah :p

ben_the_joka
20-09-07, 19:18
Lmao what a pathetic thread.

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 19:24
Not me... :pi: I Feel pathetic.

haha but i bet they don't call you still

Elmer
20-09-07, 19:26
Hmmm let me think...
I'm commonly getting labeled as "The most unpredictable person I've ever known"
And "Feminist" but I really don't care, my opinion is, that being a feminist isn't bad at all, although I'm a boy:P
People say that I am strange for being a feminist, and that I may not be one, for the fact that I am not a woman...
O well, let them all have their opinions...

Ladyknowles
20-09-07, 19:26
Hmmm let me think...
I'm commonly getting labeled as "The most unpredictable person I've ever known"
And "Feminist" but I really don't care, my opinion is, that being a feminist isn't bad at all, although I'm a boy:P
People say that I am strange for being a feminist, and that I may not be one, for the fact that I am not a woman...
O well, let them all have their opinions...

GO ELMER :jmp::hug:

Elmer
20-09-07, 19:44
---------------------------You are a feminist too I presume:D-----------------------
---------------------------------------- *Yay:P*----------------------------------------

Rivendell
20-09-07, 19:46
Is 'weird' a label? :whi:

jackles
20-09-07, 19:47
someone stuck a label on me at the last meeting I went to...it said 'jackles' on.

star girl
20-09-07, 19:53

You remembered pirates day and you FORGOT my birthday dani... :pi:

I agree with that. The only way to be unique is to be yourself - and that's the most difficult thing because you (I dont mean YOU, danitsa, but people in general :)) are under influence of so many different things.. From politicians to musicians and it's really tough to eventually beat some of those thoughts and ask your TRUESELF who you are.. The answer is always different. (In my case) what happens is that my defiant side rises, my patient side falls, my mood darkens yet at THAT VERY MOMENT I'd be giving someone advice to fight depression... o.0

So conclusion of the day = Keep on trying, and believe in yourself and follow whatever you think fits you the most (i.e your true character, with no influence weighing down)... THAT will eventually lead to proper labelling...

:)

petujaymz
20-09-07, 19:59
Of course...

Which label?

Depends on who you talk to.

:wve:

ihatecold17
21-09-07, 00:02
people have called me a ***** lol, i dont care though, im not really a *****. But i think if i was a girl id be a little :cen: lol

i dont really fit any stereotypes or anything though. Im just amazing.

peffect
21-09-07, 00:17
Yes. I've been labelled many times and from different people. From emo, goth, psychopathic, insane and handicapped... To, gay and *****.

Sometimes I just ignore and sometimes I feel the need to teach some lessons.

BtoFu
21-09-07, 02:33
You emo wetback gangsta trailer trash goth chavs are all gay.

Now there's a label~! :cool:

shades
21-09-07, 02:56
get called fatty!

Tihocan9
21-09-07, 03:09
yep a lot, people at school (and my dad on occasions) think I am anerexic, some people at school think I am a witch (literally) because soemthing spilled and I couldnt clean it up (not in the literal way), I have been labeled gay, freak, psycho, but I see myself as normal I dont act out or anything I just guess I am a little different than most people at my school I go to a private school it is totally seculuded from the outside world almost it creepy and if one strange thing happens you are thoguht of as different (and in a Catholic school being a certian type of different can be bad expecially if the teachers find out) Ive also been called girly a lot because I understand girls better than most guys do at my school but that is becasue they are mostly sexist and I am one of the few boys who mainly has firends who are girls.

domina
21-09-07, 04:50
Aren't you kind of labeling yourself with a name like "gotha-666"?

Zac Medley
21-09-07, 05:25
Is 'weird' a label? :whi:

It can be, but in our cases it's more like a way of life. :D

KurtisLonely
21-09-07, 05:29
they call me emo becouse I listen evanescence and within temptation... :p

I just ignore it :p

they also bullied me with 'gay' but I'm not gay.. :l
Last schoolyear, it was really bad, I didn't even want to go to school anymore, just becouse I didn't want to hear it all again... it was every day, every single day that they bullied me...

and like Tihocan, I'm very thin, and they keep saying things what's related with thin.. but it's dutch, and I don't know the words for them in english =[

EDIT:
Lmao what a pathetic thread.
if this thread is so pathetic in your opinion, why do you still post?

nicola1986
21-09-07, 09:27
It can be, but in our cases it's more like a way of life. :D

:tmb:

Joe_16
21-09-07, 10:47

Are you taking the **** here?