PDA

View Full Version : Back of my tongue is Green?

tombraider123
20-09-07, 00:47
I looked in the mirror at my tongue today and noticed the back was coated in green, what does this mean. I have looked on the internet but every site says something different? If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

PARANOIA
20-09-07, 00:51
From a Google search

For the past few months my tongue will randomly turn green and stay that way for a few days before going away...then it will appear again after a week or so. The only thing I can find out about it is that it could be an indication of a serious infection or cancerhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/1.gif (http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic30286.html#).

tombraider123
20-09-07, 00:54
From a Google search

OMG now im scared

Geck-o-Lizard
20-09-07, 00:58
Thank you Paranoia... very tactful of you.

Another FAR more likely answer that Google will also give you is that it sometimes comes with having a cold or the flu. So if you've noticed you're perhaps sniffling or have a sore throat as well, it's not cancer.

tombraider123
20-09-07, 00:59
Its not actually the tongue is green, there is like a green coating over it and I ALWAYS have phlem.

Mr.Burns
20-09-07, 01:03
Go see your doctor before you refer to anything found on the internet.

tombraider123
20-09-07, 01:03
Go see your doctor before you refer to anything found on the internet.

Yeah I am ringing him up tomorrow first thing

Legends
20-09-07, 01:46
It's probably nothing, but it could be smart to get it checked.

Izzie404
20-09-07, 01:56
Thank you Paranoia... very tactful of you.

Are you being sarcastic? lol

Isn't a multitude of phlegm part of a cold?

Zac Medley
20-09-07, 02:24
Clean it off with a toothbrush. Use a strong germicidal mouthwash. It's normal - part of growing up for some people. Just one more thing you have to deal with on a regular basis.

Or it's a sign of serious cancer, like Paranoia said.

Night Crawler
20-09-07, 02:25
Gross!

danitiwa
20-09-07, 04:50
From a Google search

Living our name now are we? :whi:

Maybe the back of your tongue is just green? Veins and all? :p

Geck-o-Lizard
20-09-07, 06:35
Clean it off with a toothbrush. Use a strong germicidal mouthwash. It's normal - part of growing up for some people. Just one more thing you have to deal with on a regular basis.

Hm. After I got my tongue pierced, I was using non-alcoholic germicidal mouthwash and it actually made my tongue green/white until I stopped using it. http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/6403/thinkingpq3.gif

Mouthwash is definitely not a bad idea tho... the white stuff I got was harmless, just gross-looking.

nicola1986
20-09-07, 09:48
I always use a tongue scraper, some are on the back of your toothbrush and a mouthwash to stop the bacteria staying on the back of your tongue which can cause bad breath and stuff.

Also remember than anything you eat that has a colour can send your tongue that colour.

Dakaruch
20-09-07, 10:14
Also remember than anything you eat that has a colour can send your tongue that colour.

yes you're correct! some vegetables pass their colour to your tongue, especially when it's green vegetables!
if you continue worried about it, better see a doctor! imo it is just due to vegetables or any green thing that you have eaten

tranniversary119
20-09-07, 10:36
Whatever you do don't look up symptoms online. They just make you paranoid. The only thing that can give a diagnosis is your doctor :)

tombraider123
20-09-07, 11:00
I spoke to my Dad about it today and he has the exact same thing, but he has had it all his life. He said I should not worry, but I think I will still see a Doctor just to be on the safe side :)

tombraider123
20-09-07, 20:45
EDIT: Sorry dont worry.

Reggie
20-09-07, 21:03
I have the same thing :(
Maybe its stress? it only seems to come about when I'm stressed.

nicola1986
20-09-07, 21:07
^I'm not 100% percent on this but I think different chemicals react to stress, panic etc in your body, sometimes your mouth tastes different when your scared or stressed because of the adrenaline and other chemicals. I can't remember exactly but it's something like that lol

tombraider123
20-09-07, 23:54
I have the same thing :(
Maybe its stress? it only seems to come about when I'm stressed.

I also found out people who smoke and drink things such a tea and coffee get it. Well I do all of those so it makes sence. Im going to get a tongue scraper.

Twilight
21-09-07, 00:26
I also found out people who smoke and drink things such a tea and coffee get it. Well I do all of those so it makes sence. Im going to get a tongue scraper.

still im curious, what exactly is it? even if its not harmful.

tranniversary119
21-09-07, 00:32
Actually now that i think of it. It may just be a viral infection.

Fish.
21-09-07, 02:17
Most of these aren't bad ideas, but have you tried WebMD? It has a very large database of extremely helpful information!

http://webmd.com :)

danitiwa
21-09-07, 04:45
I spoke to my Dad about it today and he has the exact same thing, but he has had it all his life. He said I should not worry, but I think I will still see a Doctor just to be on the safe side :)

Then it's just genes. :wve: People look different lol. Giraffes have purple tongues. :pi:

lita212
21-09-07, 17:17
I looked in the mirror at my tongue today and noticed the back was coated in green, what does this mean. I have looked on the internet but every site says something different? If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

its fungus. in order to get rid of it you need to brush your tounge everyday as bacteria grows on the tounge causing bad breath. also your diet can have a big part in this. if you dont eat healthy foods then this is a sign that your insides are bad and your unhealthy even if your not fat etc. another sign of a bad diet is that you tend to get lines etc on your tounge which shows a bad diet and weak immune system