PDA

View Full Version : Hedgehogs as Pets?!

star-dust
20-09-07, 05:17
It was two months ago, I had my cat killed and I am not too sure if I want to get another cat because it is this year and next year I will be done school and such and moving away from home and if I was to get a pet I would want to get one that I could take with me everywhere.

Has anyone heard of a pet hedgehog?! I don't know, but it would be cool to have one, but if anyone has any expieriences with one I would love to hear! :)

EscondeR
20-09-07, 05:22
^ Not recommended: hard to feed properly, biting, noisy animal. Believe me I had one :)

KurtisLonely
20-09-07, 05:34
you had one? SWEEET :D

troy tr
20-09-07, 05:50
Hedgehogs are noisy? I never knew that. And they can eat normal pet food am I right?

Little-Lara
20-09-07, 06:15
^ Not recommended: hard to feed properly, biting, noisy animal. Believe me I had one :)

:D Wow, I hope it never chewed through u'r computer wires!

Name it Sonic the Hedgehog Star-Dust, if u decide to get one. :D

EscondeR
20-09-07, 06:19
Hedgehogs are noisy? I never knew that. And they can eat normal pet food am I right?
Just imagine it's step-stopping through all the night ;) Size of a kitten - noise of an elephant, huh...

:D Wow, I hope it never chewed through u'r computer wires!

Who ever let him, Tina? :p

Little-Lara
20-09-07, 06:22
/\ Trust me I never would. And I know u wouldn't....... seeing as how u've got the power to banish him to eternity. :vlol: ;)

EscondeR
20-09-07, 06:25
^ :vlol:

Pity, I have no pictures of this little noisy bugger at my office PC to show you...

Elysia
20-09-07, 06:46
One word: Fleas.

I looked after an injured one as a teenager and they are not domesticated animals - they are wild. As EscondeR says, they are hard to feed, noisy, they stress easily and are absolutely flea ridden. As soon as the one we were looking after was okayed by the vet (after about a fortnight), we were told to release it back to where we found it. Stick to pets - it's a lot kinder.

nicola1986
20-09-07, 09:45
They are really cute but I've heard they're covered with fleas. And they make the weirdest noises!

EscondeR
20-09-07, 11:19
One good point, Elysia, hedgehog fleas don't infect other animals or people :)

disapearing-boy
20-09-07, 12:00
I always wanted a pet tiger as a kid.... i knew i couldn't get one for obvious reasons and they're known for turning on their owners.

I'd like a wolf.. or huskie/wolf hound... maybe i'd settle for a fox.. can you have pet foxes?? they're really cool.. but nocturnal if i remember correctly..

that could be a problem..

as for hedgehogs.. i don't see the appeal... they're *****ly and you probably have to feed them bugs.. they eat alot of those...

A pet squirrel would be fun.. those are hyper creatures!!

EscondeR
20-09-07, 12:15
A pet squirrel would be fun.. those are hyper creatures!!

... and chew everything and bite like hell :rolleyes:

Thorir
20-09-07, 13:18
Itīs actually quite common in Norway to have a hedgehog in your garden. :)
Not really a pet, as it lives outside, but... They are useful, since they eat snails and bugs that ruin your garden plants. :)