PDA

View Full Version : I hate my tummy :(

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-07, 06:29
I am quite thin and I don't really need to lose weight. But my tummy is kind of big. And when ever I sit down it tends to stick out father then I would like it to. I can't seem to find any thing to flatten my tummy. I have been doing alot of crunches cause I've had people suggest that to me. But I have been doing them for a long time and they don't seem to be doing any thing.

Dose any one know any thing that will work? I know the crunches will take time before they start to really work but i have been doing them for months. I usually do two sets of 30, 30 in the day and 30 before I go do bed :p and I have done that for months. And I am not seeing ANY kind of results. My tummy wont flatten even a little bit. :( I don't kno what to do.

vespertea
21-09-07, 06:34
Good question.. I'm not really sure.

Do you run? Maybe a more cardiovascular exercise like running or swimming might do the trick.

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-07, 06:37
Good question.. I'm not really sure.

Do you run? Maybe a more cardiovascular exercise like running or swimming might do the trick.

I don't really run, I don't get out much but we do have a treadmill :p And I don't know how to swim and I am afraid. I had a near death experience when I was 4 or 5 I almost drowned once so I am kind of afraid. :p

george_croft
21-09-07, 06:43
Your a 16 year old girl, its normal for you to have a little tummy. Don't worry LCB! :wve:

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-07, 06:45
Your a 16 year old girl, its normal for you to have a little tummy. Don't worry LCB! :wve:

lol I can't but worry, I can't help to think that every one notices it :( lol especially when I sit down

george_croft
21-09-07, 06:48
lol I can't but worry, I can't help to think that every one notices it :( lol especially when I sit down

That's just you being paranoid :p I promise you, nobody notices it.:wve: =)

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-07, 06:49
That's just you being paranoid :p I promise you, nobody notices it. :wve: =)

Yeah but it just bugs me a bit. I can't help it hehe :cln:

vespertea
21-09-07, 06:49
I don't really run, I don't get out much but we do have a treadmill :p And I don't know how to swim and I am afraid. I had a near death experience when I was 4 or 5 I almost drowned once so I am kind of afraid. :p

Whoa. :eek: Well, yeah, you might not wanna do swimming for your exercise then. :p

I'd try running on the treadmill for a few weeks. You can't "pinpoint" exercise the places where you want to lose weight; you have to lose weight all over, which is what cardiovascular workouts do (like running, swimming, etc).

I'll do it if you do it. :rolleyes: I really need to start exercising again, I've gotten so out of shape.

KurtisLonely
21-09-07, 06:52
george is right, people won't notice it ;)

EscondeR
21-09-07, 07:00
George is right, but if it bugs you much, try the following exercise:
Lay on your back, lift your legs at 30-45 degrees angle and perform scissors type movements with straight legs. Begin with 30, then more... This will help to make your stomach flat :)

Dakaruch
21-09-07, 07:11
oh well i think that EscondeR just nailed it! :tmb:

if you might wanna try something more hard working, better run one or two hours a day and see how it goes! for me it works :p

Admles
21-09-07, 07:22
Okay, you can do a million reps of situps / crunches / leg lifts a day, and still not get a flat stomach. Exercises like that are designed to strengthen the muscle, they won't flatten your stomach. You can have an incredibly strong abdominal region, and still not see them because they are covered in a layer of fat.

Additionally, you can't choose what area of your body you want fat to be taken from (short of liposuction, but DON'T do that :D ), your body has a pre-determined order from where it takes energy; you have no say in the matter. Working the muscles in an area will NOT force your body to take fat cells from there.

You need to watch what you eat, and increase your metabolism. Contrary to popular belief, cardio is not really aimed at burning fat as it is about strengthening your cardiovascular system, which in turns helps your body burn calories more effeciently. Make sure you add some strength training, which will also help increase your metabolism.

Obviously, watch what you eat; remember if you eat more than you use up, you'll gain, if you eat less than you take in, you will lose.

THAT SAID, you are only 16, your body still has a lot of development left in it. At your age you just want to make sure your lifestyle is healthy, and adjust accordingly. You are full of growth hormones at your age, so don't deprive yourself of any food you need; you need it to grow.

If you want any additional help, do not hesitate to PM me.

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-07, 07:29
@Admles: Thanks :hug:

Admles
21-09-07, 07:42
@Admles: Thanks :hug:

My pleasure babe :hug:

vespertea
21-09-07, 07:47
Okay, you can do a million reps of situps / crunches / leg lifts a day, and still not get a flat stomach. Exercises like that are designed to strengthen the muscle, they won't flatten your stomach. You can have an incredibly strong abdominal region, and still not see them because they are covered in a layer of fat.

Additionally, you can't choose what area of your body you want fat to be taken from (short of liposuction, but DON'T do that :D ), your body has a pre-determined order from where it takes energy; you have no say in the matter. Working the muscles in an area will NOT force your body to take fat cells from there.

You need to watch what you eat, and increase your metabolism. Contrary to popular belief, cardio is not really aimed at burning fat as it is about strengthening your cardiovascular system, which in turns helps your body burn calories more effeciently. Make sure you add some strength training, which will also help increase your metabolism.

Obviously, watch what you eat; remember if you eat more than you use up, you'll gain, if you eat less than you take in, you will lose.

THAT SAID, you are only 16, your body still has a lot of development left in it. At your age you just want to make sure your lifestyle is healthy, and adjust accordingly. You are full of growth hormones at your age, so don't deprive yourself of any food you need; you need it to grow.

S/he speaks the truth!

Geck-o-Lizard
21-09-07, 08:10
It's normal for girls to have a bit more tummy than guys, particularly at our age; puberty's a bit cruel. As long as it's not hanging out over the waistband of your trousers, or looking like you're walking around with a pillow stuffed up your shirt, honestly, nobody will notice anything. Guys tend to be more concerned with the anatomy a foot above your waist, and everyone else will be looking at your face unless your tummy really is of spectacular proportions - which I seriously doubt, if the rest of you is quite slim.

Admles
21-09-07, 08:18
S/he speaks the truth!
*checks pants*

I'm a he :D

Necromanser
21-09-07, 08:20
If you really want to get rid of it the do 5 sets of 20 crunches two times a day

Little-Lara
21-09-07, 08:24
An exercise: lie down on u'r back, then pull u'r knees down to u'r chest one knee at a time. Its really hard and takes a lot of strength. :tmb: Then try both knees at the same time. Same as Crunches, but for lower part of stomach.

Andromeda66
21-09-07, 08:50
The most painless and effective treatment:

Preferably use the back of a chair for support for this exercise.

Stand erect and raise one leg away from you so that you feel a stretch in your tummy. Repeat with the other leg. Do this for as long as is comfortable twice a day. And let me know if it helps.

And as everyone here rightly assures, don't worry about it. Worrying causes more cortisol to accumulate around the mid-section undoing all the hard work you go through crunching. ;)

Dakaruch
21-09-07, 09:03
well since this is getting into the exercise stuff...

you can do what i'm going to tell you, but it might be needed another person to help and this is hard to do... it will make your tummy hurt a lot in the first days, but your tummy will decrease!

first lie down on your back!
then raise your legs, making a 90 degree angle with your body!
(now if you have someone willing to help better) tell to that person to throw your legs away, and you will let your legs go until they get about 5cm above the ground... then use your strenght to not let the legs touch the ground!

this way it will make your tummy as you want... :)
trust me, it will make your belly as you want it! i make this exercise 2 a week, 15 minutes when i go to my soccer practices... it helps a lot ;)

Joe_16
21-09-07, 10:50
I would suggest doing more cardio work.

RAID
21-09-07, 10:56
No body's perfect. And george is right. ppl won't even notice.

nicola1986
21-09-07, 11:45
I know the feeling , I hate my tummy especially when I sit down, everyone says there's nothing wrong with it but they don't have to put up with it, I do lol

I got a jelly belly :cln:

Sedge
21-09-07, 13:02
I read somewhere that some girls' tummies may be naturally more "pointy" because of the angle of their womb.. Don't know then. :p

danitiwa
21-09-07, 13:20
Crunches? You mean sit ups?

I suggest JOGGING, it's a great way to lose weight, a mile and a half or so is enough to lose a whole centimeter of fat the next day. :tmb: Whenever I feel like I have too much energy and want to lose weight, the first thing I do is pull out my MP3 and jog.

Legends
21-09-07, 13:28
I've always been naturally thin, but I go for a run every day. If it bugs you, you should try it too.

danitiwa
21-09-07, 13:41
I've always been naturally thin, but I go for a run every day. If it bugs you, you should try it too.

*shakes fist* I am SO JEALOUS! I as much as look at food and I gain a hundred pounds! :rolleyes:

Dakaruch
21-09-07, 13:53
*shakes fist* I am SO JEALOUS! I as much as look at food and I gain a hundred pounds! :rolleyes:

of course dani :p
we all know that you eat like if it was the end of the world :vlol:
hum if it is that way better stop looking to food... and CANDIES:p

danitiwa
21-09-07, 14:01
of course dani :p
we all know that you eat like if it was the end of the world :vlol:
hum if it is that way better stop looking to food... and CANDIES:p
Well thank you for your kind remarks. :rolleyes:

And not eating is the worst advice you can give,

eating more HEALTHILY. Is what you should do. Salad, fruits, healthy meat, fish. Less candy and carbonhydrates.
A good trick I do is when I feel like a snack I just eat a ton of fruit. (Not bananas though, they're carby.)

Dakaruch
21-09-07, 14:05
Well thank you for your kind remarks. :rolleyes:

And not eating is the worst advice you can give,

eating more HEALTHILY. Is what you should do. Salad, fruits, healthy meat, fish. Less candy and carbonhydrates.
A good trick I do is when I feel like a snack I just eat a ton of fruit. (Not bananas though, they're carby.)

sorry dani, i was joking, don't take it ofensively :hug:

and yes the best it to eat in a healthier way... also less red meat, it tastes good, but is very bad to your health!

gotha-666
21-09-07, 15:55

the same thing happened 2 me when i was 3, i was goin 2 die, and now im afraid 2 swim :p

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-07, 19:36
As long as it's not hanging out over the waistband of your trousers,
Well it kind of dose. Not ALOT just a little bit :p

If you really want to get rid of it the do 5 sets of 20 crunches two times a day
I just said i do 30 in the day and 30 a night and it wont work. :(

Crunches? You mean sit ups?
:confused: No I mean crunches, they don't go as far up as sit ups :D

Ladyknowles
21-09-07, 19:38
Don't worry, I have the exact same problem!

I found that if you put your hands on the back of a chair, lean over and suck your tummy in for 20 seconds, then relax, and repeat, it kinda helps!
You can do it while just sitting at your comp aswell.

:) But don't worry, I have a tummy and I don't mind it!

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-07, 19:42
Don't worry, I have the exact same problem!

I found that if you put your hands on the back of a chair, lean over and suck your tummy in for 20 seconds, then relax, and repeat, it kinda helps!
You can do it while just sitting at your comp aswell.

:) But don't worry, I have a tummy and I don't mind it!

:vlol: Wow never heard of doing that hehe :D

star girl
21-09-07, 20:07
You have been given excellent advice by my fellow members, and check out this site, it'll help you :)

www.toneteen.com

myrmaad
21-09-07, 20:08
Lara Coft Baby,

(*I never noticed before that you left out the "r" in your Screen Name.)

Of all the well-meaning advice you've gotten, the wisest and most helpful for you to pay attention to is from ADMLES.

His advice is on caliber with the type of advice you'd get from a high-paid personal trainer. I know, I've paid (well ok, my husband has paid:jmp:) for a good personal trainer.

There is no such thing as "Spot Reduction", it is a myth. If you want a real difference in your life try following his advice. You can even go to a reputable gym and have a consultation with a serious trainer. It usually costs nothing just to go talk, they would talk to you in hopes that when you're in a financial position you'll remember and come back. They'll tell you the same thing he does in his post.

Additionally, you can't choose what area of your body you want fat to be taken from (short of liposuction, but DON'T do that ), your body has a pre-determined order from where it takes energy; you have no say in the matter. Working the muscles in an area will NOT force your body to take fat cells from there.

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-07, 20:16
Lara Coft Baby,

(*I never noticed before that you left out the "r" in your Screen Name.)

Yeah didnt notice it either till AFTER I had already joined :vlol:

Thanks for the advice guys :D

lita212
21-09-07, 20:19
yoga helps to flatten the tummy. im really thin but have a few more curves now since i took hormones and my tummy started to get a little big but ya couldnt tell. anyways i went back to doing yoga and it helped me get my tummy flat again and has given me amazing abs. you have to do this exercise in the morning before you eat and you basically breath all ya air out then push ya tummy in and out while bent over for 10-20 seconds. the reason you have to do it before you eat is so that it doesnt make you sick as food in the stomach can cause cramps etc if you excercise right after.

jackles
21-09-07, 20:20
I would also suggest that if you are naturally a skinny girl with small hips you may have a slightly pointed tummy as your womb etc has to squash in a smaller place.

Melonie Tomb Raider
22-09-07, 00:17
What abotu stretches? Try backbends. Takes practice before you will be able to do it, but it stretches your muscles and should work fine. :)

Thorir
22-09-07, 00:25
You´re only 16!

Do some crouches... Do them alone in your own home.:) Do as many as you can.:D
When you notice they do help, keep them up! :D

I bought some yoga videos. Just listen to the instructors voice, and slooooooowly you will inprove!:)

You´re not supposed to do the splits on the second yoga lesson. I hate that! Yoga is about doing things YOUR pace.
Yoga lessons really have to stress that. Not assume that you have done 30 lessons before watching lesson 2. :(

Tashkentboy
22-09-07, 02:56
eat very little for a month a drink lots of water