PDA

View Full Version : What would you do...

Anajrob
21-09-07, 15:15
...if you were filthy rich? :D Milionare or bilionare...

Well, I was watching that show "Fabulous life of...." on Vh1
And I was like wow! Those people are spending their money on stupid things :p

I guess if I were one - I would travel a lot :)

ajrich17901
21-09-07, 15:17
Go to Japan
Buy a ps3 lol screw 360 and wii
Buy ever single album from japanese singer BoA and Utada Hikaru
Buy a house
And dye hahaha

maximum_123
21-09-07, 15:17

Same! My mum's cousin is a millionaire or something like that, and he spends his money on stupid things. Also like large houses, many cars :rolleyes:

Naz2000
21-09-07, 15:18
I would want to use it sensibly and not buy everything I saw:)

nicola1986
21-09-07, 15:19
Buy a horse :D Would be better if it was a unicorn but what can ya do? :D

Anajrob
21-09-07, 15:19
I would want to use it sensibly and not buy everything I saw:)

That's how I think about it ;)

Buy a horse :D Would be better if it was a unicorn but what can ya do? :D

:vlol:

Inkheart
21-09-07, 15:20
I'd get a holiday to Egypt. And a holiday to Greece. And a holiday to Italy. And book theatre tickets for every day of the week before and after them for various shows. And I'd like a car, because I'm learning to drive :)

jarhead
21-09-07, 15:21
Spent it traveling I think. Buy a nice home and make sure that my friends/family are all ok. Then stick the rest in an interest account and give the interest to charity ( cause thats the nice thing to do)

clairelovestlc
21-09-07, 15:24
Nice holiday for me and my friends, a fancy car, my own house ( but nothing massive) keep enough back to live comfortably, then id split the money up between my friends, family, and a few charities and watch the people i care about enjoy it

Geck-o-Lizard
21-09-07, 15:24
I'd buy a very nice car, then go travelling in it. I'd love to drive alone through Europe, through Russia, or up through America and Canada someday.

Then if I had enough left over, I'd buy a nice country house up north, and a city apartment in a pleasant area of Edinburgh, Glasgow or London.

Dakaruch
21-09-07, 15:26
i would be a ****ing excentric guy and would use it to buy an aeroplane and an airport just for me! :p
and i would buy a Ferrari obviously and also i would start living as a new Hugh Hefner :whi:

Mr.Burns
21-09-07, 15:27
Assuming I suddenly came into vast amounts of wealth....

Clear out any college loans my sister and I have.
Trade in my existing car for a new one.
Put enough money into investments and funds for retirement, then give the rest away.

The one thing I probably would splurge on: new photographic equipment. :D

Anajrob
21-09-07, 15:27
i would be a ****ing excentric guy and would use it to buy an aeroplane and an airport just for me! :p
and i would buy a Ferrari obviously and also i would start living as a new Hugh Hefner :whi:

Beanz
21-09-07, 15:28
Everything :D

Anajrob
21-09-07, 15:29
Everything :D

:vlol: Tell us! :p

Beanz
21-09-07, 15:33
I don't wanna even go there :mis:

Although I'd probably buy out HMV :D

Quasimodo
21-09-07, 15:38
I'd pay off my parents' debt, put some of the money away into savings and investment, then I'd sit down and figure out a budget because even millions of dollars can be ****ed away by willy-nilly spending.

Of course just about everyone would travel if they could...

Then I'd drop out of the college I'm at and enroll at a good art school and self-publish children's books, become a comic book artist, write and illustrate some graphic novels.

I'd also move into a nice brick house, something not too big so I could clean it myself, get another boston terrier puppy, then donate a good chunk of the money to diabetes research.

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 15:42
The one thing I probably would splurge on: new photographic equipment. :D
Oh Mark you nerd, how did I know you were gonna say that? :p

Anyways, I'd get American citizenship (you can do that if you invest a certain amount of money in the country. You can also do it with Australia I believe), get a nice house in San Francisco and travel to all 50 American states. :D

Anajrob
21-09-07, 15:43
Oh Mark you nerd, how did I know you were gonna say that? :p

Anyways, I'd get American citizenship (you can do that if you invest a certain amount of money in the country. You can also do it with Australia I believe), get a nice house in San Francisco and travel to all 50 American states. :D

Why are you so obsessed about America? :D

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 15:44
Why are you so obsessed about America? :DI'm not obsessed, just passionate. :)

Joe_16
21-09-07, 15:44
The first thing i'ld do is go down the pub, then take it from there.

Anajrob
21-09-07, 15:47
The first thing i'ld do is go down the pub, then take it from there.

lol, This is the best answer ever :p - seriously :pi:

myrmaad
21-09-07, 15:59
^that's a nice thought MT.

I have thought about this a lot. If I were to win or come into a large sum - 50 million or more:

I would pay off all my student loans.
I would pay off our house and invest in some properties I've had my eye on.
I would invest in my husband's business.
I would open my law practice.
I would buy a large amount of property in Jamaica and set up a legal aid clinic there, as well as a charitable educational foundation for the Jamaican children.
I would set up some trust funds, and safeguard the bulk of the money so that it would be well-cared for, I would read everything I could on finance management. I would also build or buy a large Marina.

Then with a limited amount of money:
I would pay off my sisters' homes.
I would buy my parents and brothers something nice, although they own their property outright (they are successful farmers).

I would try to get my niece to become my financial manager, she's quite brilliant. I would try to lure my sister into running the restaurant on my Marina. These steps would help to insure the safety and success of my investments.

Then with some "funny money", I would arrange a family reunion-vacation some place awesome. I would buy the car of my choice and have it converted to green energy. And I would take my husband on a month-long vacation to see Alaska, Africa, Australia, and Hawaii, before getting back to work on building something good with the money. Most of all I would want it to be a blessing to all. Instead of giving it away, I would prefer to oversee how it was used and what it was spent on, as I trust my judgment much more than most others'.

gotha-666
21-09-07, 16:03
buy everythin hot-topic has, go to all of my fave bands concerts, buy all the cd's, and posters and shirts and all that crap..... and buy an electric guitar, and travel 2 egypt, japan and germany, and...... buy 1001 kittens :p and buy a dark manson or a castle, and blades like the ones bloodrayne has :D and turn my self into a vampire :jmp:

Anajrob
21-09-07, 16:04
@myrmaad: What "MT" means? :p

And you plane a lot :p

myrmaad
21-09-07, 16:08
@myrmaad: What "MT" means? :p

And you plane a lot :p

Yes I admit I do plan a lot. I plan to try to reach most of these goals whether I win money or have to earn it myself, anyway.

As for "MT", I was talking about MadTony's wish to see all the states. My grandmother actually has seen every one of all 50 states. She is super cool. You'd never believe she's 99 years old now, but she had seen all 50 states by the 1970s.

nicola1986
21-09-07, 16:09
Ooh and I'd buy my boyfriend and I a house and we could finally get married(I'd have to drag him up the aisle though :vlol:) and then buy myself a Ultra-fast PC :D...

...and I'd donate LOADS to RSPCA and other charities against animal abuse and then donate some more to Oxfam and charities like that.

And after buying everyone in our families who needs one, a house then save the rest and probably invest some too.

*sighs* The dream. :D

deepbluesea
21-09-07, 16:30
I'd buy a house, then save some in the bank, and give the rest to charity, I've seen what alot of money can do and I don't want it.

Earthcane
21-09-07, 16:52
First, I'd buy a mansion. With a Butler. With caves under the Manor.
Then I would convert those caves into a hi-tech secret lair.
Then I'd make a costume. With a Symbol. And a cape.
And vow to fight injustice. And turn fear against those who pray on the fearful...

Sound familiar?! (Lol)

http://i2.************/66do1lv.jpg

Seriously tho, I'd travel the globe and then donate a heap of it to
charity.

Scottlee
21-09-07, 16:55

You have to know how many American states there are before they let you have citizenship.

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 16:57
You have to know how many American states there are before they let you have citizenship.Indeed. There are 50. I've known that for years. ;) I can name most of them from memory actually.

interstellardave
21-09-07, 17:02
I'd pay every bill we have, get a second car, and buy a new house for me and my wife--one that isn't huge or anything, but is in a nice semi-secluded spot. I'd take several years off and just write. I'd write a novel and try to publish it... I'd continue writing for the rest of my life, probably, since I'd have the time but, for the first 2 years that's the Main thing I'd do. We've both talked about starting a shelter of some sort for unwanted animals--something better than what is currently in our area. That would be a big focus for us in terms of "giving something back to the world".

Scottlee
21-09-07, 17:07
I'd give all the money to charity and carry on the same.

MiCkiZ88
21-09-07, 17:23
1. Move somewhere nice
2. Buy a nice Villa/Mansion with lots of random stuff in it.
3. Buy an Island for second home :p
4. Buy a car
5. Travel around the world with mates. Preferably around south eastern Asia.
6. Buy lots of booze :)

You know.. the regular ****.

myrmaad
21-09-07, 17:25
I'd pay every bill we have, get a second car, and buy a new house for me and my wife--one that isn't huge or anything, but is in a nice semi-secluded spot. I'd take several years off and just write. I'd write a novel and try to publish it... I'd continue writing for the rest of my life, probably, since I'd have the time but, for the first 2 years that's the Main thing I'd do. We've both talked about starting a shelter of some sort for unwanted animals--something better than what is currently in our area. That would be a big focus for us in terms of "giving something back to the world".

:tmb:

viper456
21-09-07, 17:45
The first thing I would do is take all my close friends to Disneyworld :) lol

RAID
21-09-07, 17:47
For starters I would travel all over and see the world. I would buy a Pent House, open up a night club and live the good life.

Elysia
21-09-07, 17:47
I'd go back to University and do my PhD. And I'd own horses... :o I'd also make sure than everyone in my family was financially secure (pay off their mortgages and the like).

Lavinder
21-09-07, 17:49
Give my parents enough money for the rest of their lives, with excess.
Give a generous amount of money to every charity, cancer research the most because I lost my Nan to it, and my other Nan has cancer now.
Give money to all the people I know who aren't as well off, and tell them to spend it wisely.
Pay to be home tutored with the best tutor there is so I get good grades and will not have to suffer the torment of cruel people at high school.
Buy myself a nice house in a beautiful area, and a second house that is more secluded for when I need to escape from the world.
Buy myself an ace computer.
If a friend asked for money, and I knew that they would use it wisely and are not just sponging off me I would give it them - what's mine is yours.
Bribe my way to publicise/name and shame the people who have caused me suffering in my life.
Spoil Jamie (my boyfriend) even if he did not want me to, because I love to see him happy :D

Anajrob
21-09-07, 19:01
And vow to fight injustice. And turn fear against those who pray on the fearful...

Sound familiar?! (Lol)

Seriously tho, I'd travel the globe and then donate a heap of it to
charity.

I'd give all the money to charity and carry on the same.

WOW! That's the spirit. :p

The first thing I would do is take all my close friends to Disneyworld :) lol

lita212
21-09-07, 19:11
i would buy a:

car
house for me
house for my sisters n family
clothes
finish gettin the surgeries i need in order to complete my transition
buy a new computer
etc lol

Reggie
21-09-07, 19:15
I would buy the IP for TR and release TR:AE.
I would invest the money in something so I hopefully generate more money somehow.
I would Travel the world - notable places include Japan, the Himalayas and a tour through America via the Greyhound bus route.
I would buy my own home (nothing too big though)
And of course, other stuff like a Wii, PS3, new clothes and a chinese takeaway :p

Anajrob
21-09-07, 19:19
[LIST]
I would buy the IP for TR and release TR:AE.

:vlol: That would be awesome! :D

ChocChipCookie
21-09-07, 19:21
Well the first thing I'd do is buy a new car - my current old rust-bucket is on it's last legs/wheels.

Maybe buy a nice cottage in the country.

Give some to various animal/children's charities.

Other than that, I really don't know.

Sara Croft
Give moneh to Africa and other poor contries, some money to prevent global warming somehow and then buy lots of MC.Donalds food :D

Encore
Buy a house (not one with 10 billion rooms of course, just a place for myself) and travel a LOT. That's all I can think really.

pEhouse
21-09-07, 19:42
Probably the usual things... travel a lot, buy houses and cars for me and my loved ones, a whole lot of clothes lol. I would try to invest a big part of the money too.

da tomb raider!
21-09-07, 19:56
I'd buy a computer that works.

Anajrob
21-09-07, 19:58
I'd buy a computer that works.

lol, so your is not working :D :(

da tomb raider!
21-09-07, 20:04
lol, so your is not working :D :(

My computer works, but not very well.

Alive_and_Funky
21-09-07, 20:17
Here's what I would do:

-Save some money for my wrestling training
-Save some money which I could give to homeless people when I see them on the street
-Save some money for that NSPCC 2 a month thing
-Save some more money so I don't end up skint
-Buy a replica of the World Heavyweight Championship, just so I could feel like a champion :cool:
-Donate some money to the Jamie Oliver & Lavinder Wedding Fund
-Buy a really good graphics card for my PC
-Invest money in a company
-Buy an Xbox 360 along with some games for it
-Buy some wrestling figures
-Give some money to some of my family members (hopefully they'd use the money carefully)
-Go on a trip to Japan and buy every single volume of Hajime no Ippo whilst I'm there

Sound familiar?! (Lol)

Anajrob
21-09-07, 20:52
WOW!!! - Alive_and_Funky yuo plan a lot :eek:

Earthcane
21-09-07, 23:05
-Give some money to some of my family members (hopefully they'd use the money carefully)
-Go on a trip to Japan and buy every single volume of Hajime no Ippo whilst I'm there

Hey, Alive and Funky! Love the list. I cant wait to get to Japan too ;) .

Yeah, I agree with donating money, great idea.
One of the first things I'm going to do when/if I ever get a job
is register with a Charity. I feel the world sucks really bad and I wanna give something
back to society. I just dunno which one to go for, tho.
Maybe something like Unicef or the Cancer Foundation.

I'd definitely not give any to my family, tho- They'd bleed me of every penny i've got!!
:D:D:D:D

Autolycus
22-09-07, 11:00
I'd probably travel the world and have homes all over the place. Just living the dream knowing i don't have to work ever again.

Ikas90
22-09-07, 11:02
I'd donate most of it to charity, and try to help the world as much as possible. With the rest of it, I'd go travelling around the world with Agnes. :p

What about mine and Agnes' wedding fund? :(

RAID
22-09-07, 11:04
Buy Eidos and fire Crystal Dynamics :whi:

jamieoliver22
22-09-07, 12:00

Haha, awwwh :D Money for a house would be better first though, marriage can come after :p

xcrushterx
22-09-07, 12:02
Spend it :D

Alive_and_Funky
22-09-07, 12:31
I'd definitely not give any to my family, tho- They'd bleed me of every penny i've got!!
:D:D:D:D
If you don't give some to them you'd only end up in their bad books. Either way you can't win. :p
What about mine and Agnes' wedding fund? :(
Sorry! I forgot! XD
There's something else I could use my money on. :p
Haha, awwwh :D Money for a house would be better first though, marriage can come after :p
Sounds like I'll have to donate money to the Jamie Oliver & Lavinder House Fund first then. :p

danitiwa
22-09-07, 12:32
Donate to good charities, then go for self pleasure. :cln:

Archetype
22-09-07, 12:46
world domination and a mistress

trXD
22-09-07, 13:30
Bribe crystal dynaimcs if i could be on there team. That way crystal dynamics would have alot more money so they could make a better tomb raider game and i will be able to be on the team! Obviously i wont give them more than half my money cos that would be crazy

danitiwa
22-09-07, 13:34
Oh I forgot, thanks for reminding me TRXD, I'd pay CD a gillion dollars to never come back, and recreate CORE Design. :D

Anajrob
22-09-07, 15:29
Buy Eidos and fire Crystal Dynamics :whi:

Spend it :D

Donate to good charities, then go for self pleasure. :cln:

world domination and a mistress

Oh I forgot, thanks for reminding me TRXD, I'd pay CD a gillion dollars to never come back, and recreate CORE Design. :D

:vlol: Great answers, guys! :p

Forever_Laras_56
22-09-07, 16:00
...if you were filthy rich? :D Milionare or bilionare...

Well, I was watching that show "Fabulous life of...." on Vh1
And I was like wow! Those people are spending their money on stupid things :p

buy a house for my mom and dad:Da NICE house

buy every game in the world!!!MOHOWAHAHAHAHA

buy the internet:vlol:

go to every were i wanted to travel

Donate a lot of it to charities

and i would buy eidos and core make then work together! and buy CD and fire them

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 17:00
Buy a decent-sized house, and a couple of DDR arcade machines. Buy out the Tomb Raider franchise via hostile takeover, as well as any game companies that I think are going down the ****ter (e.g. The Sims). Then I'd obtain rights for my house to start my own little libertarian government, and isolate it from the rest of the world. I'll also dole out some of my money to the rest of my family, and will all of my property to my younger brother when I die.

Anajrob
22-09-07, 17:15
buy a house for my mom and dad:Da NICE house

buy every game in the world!!!MOHOWAHAHAHAHA

buy the internet:vlol:

go to every were i wanted to travel

Donate a lot of it to charities

and i would buy eidos and core make then work together! and buy CD and fire them

The internet does not belong to anyone. ;)

Legend of Lara
22-09-07, 17:24
And dye hahaha

Dye what? Your hair? :p

Anyhoo, I'd buy a luxury super awesome house. Then I'd go to Japan and buy anime crap to my hearts content! :D

vespertea
22-09-07, 17:57
Build a larger, more beautiful version of the Winchester mansion, and isolate myself from the world. :rolleyes:

Disastercaster
22-09-07, 18:25
buy a car, a boat, a plane, get lessons for all 3 but then pay someone else to drive me around:D

Buy a house here, at least 1 in america and another in New Zealand, think about buying houses else where too, making sure my every meal was taken care of and of course making sure i was protected. They would have to be all female staff below the age of 25 and attractive with a view to having daily intercourse with them.:D;)

Buy out all radio stations in the uk and get rid of the annoying adverts and DJ's and replace them all with decent electro music and eccentric people

buy up shopping channels and quiz channels and close them down, get people to make me my own special clothes which where unlike anyone elses.

Invest money to become even richer, give money to people to cure diseases and finally get a team of scientists togeather to work on flying saucer technology. So that i might travel into space in future:D

Anajrob
22-09-07, 19:21
I forgot to add - I would give some of the money to charity