PDA

View Full Version : Gresham Family Fund - YOUR SUPPORT NEEDED

G1LLY
21-09-07, 15:24
In response to the enquiries both on here, on other forums and by other friends of the family, a website has been set up to allow people to donate to a fund for the Gresham family, if they wish.

The aim of this fund is to provide financial support for the family and the inevitable events ahead. Any surplus raised will be given to charity.

www.greshamfamilyfund.co.uk

The site contains PayPal, BACS and cheque payment details. The address to send the cheques is being added hopefully this evening.

I hope the Admin on here will forgive me for posting this but I have been asked by many for the details as soon as they were released. I would appreciate it being made sticky if possible, thank you

Gilly

tlr online
25-09-07, 15:03
This has been approved by me and references this accident (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/7002312.stm) some days ago.

Please help out where you can. Thank you.

scion05
25-09-07, 15:10
Who are they ?

Legend of Lara
25-09-07, 15:14
Who are they ?

Same here. Haven't heard about the Greshams. :confused:

tlr online
25-09-07, 15:17
Who are they ?

Same here. Haven't heard about the Greshams. :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/7002312.stm

Angelus
25-09-07, 15:19
Oh, God... I'm sorry to hear about that.

When I get paid I'll donate.

Legend of Lara
25-09-07, 15:19
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/7002312.stm

:eek: That's horrible! :( They got my support. :)

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 16:12
I'm sorry to hear about that :(

I thought you were a spam bot the other day, my apologies :)

tombraiderluka
25-09-07, 16:14
Omg :( :( :(

danitiwa
25-09-07, 16:18
That is dreadfull, but sadly I don't have a credit card. :(

Alex Fly
25-09-07, 16:22
OMG that's terrible. :(

tomblover
25-09-07, 17:03
Sorry for behaving like an arse, but they crashed and lost several children. That happens almost every day in the middle east with bombings all over the place, et cetera. They never started a fund because of that. :confused:

I'm terribly sorry to hear their loss, though. :(

MUN33B
25-09-07, 17:33
Terrible news :(

Legends
25-09-07, 20:01
This is terrible. :(

knutroald
25-09-07, 20:14
I'd donate, but I dont have a credit card:(

Beanz
25-09-07, 20:41
Each of my children is like a ray of light. Willow used to come and cuddle me in the mornings.

Keavy would cuddle me in the morning and evenings. Thor was car-mad and jumping on me all the time, asking: 'Are we going off-roading this weekend dad'?

Angel was always reading stories to us to show us how well she could read. They were a constant source of amazement and pleasure to us, and so full of life.

'Forever grateful'

This made me cry..... It's a shame I can't use a credit card :(

_Lam
26-09-07, 00:59
Sorry but can someone explain me what happenned to them ?! I've tried to read the article but I don't really understand, their 4 children die so we need to give them money ?!

george_croft
26-09-07, 06:54
I'm terribly sorry for their loss. But, why would they start a trust fund for just one family who's lost their children ? What's the money going to ? Safer cars, or any other thing to prevent this from happening again? Or does the money just go to the family in pity ? I want to be fully informed before i transfer any money, but the explanation on the website is a tad hard to understand.

scion05
26-09-07, 18:22
And why should we donate :rolleyes:
People loose their kids all the time, as do tragedies. If we all donated
to every tragedy, we'd all be on our second mortgage.

Draco
26-09-07, 18:35
I feel for them, but I will not donate.

NemesisxAngelus
26-09-07, 18:50
That is dreadfull, but sadly I don't have a credit card. :(

Agreed.

raiderfun
26-09-07, 20:17
Aww, sorry to hear that :(

Betal
26-09-07, 20:27
So they need money because they lost their kids?:rolleyes:

I don't want to sound like a sick ******* but that's just wrong.

_Lam
26-09-07, 20:48
And why should we donate :rolleyes:
People loose their kids all the time, as do tragedies. If we all donated
to every tragedy, we'd all be on our second mortgage.

Yes I agreed. I mean, yes it's horrible and I would never want to be in this situation but why doing this to them and not the others. Sorry, even if they are rich, they won't ever see their child.

larasfrend
26-09-07, 21:37
I too fail to see the connection between a family's tragic loss and a plee for financial support... Please enlighten me.

nicola1986
27-09-07, 11:37
Erm...because of funeral expenses etc?

I don't think anyone expects to have to bury their family at the same time.

There has been an accident here too, men in a car going 100 miles an hour crashed head on into a car with a woman and four passengers, children included and they all died. A friend of mine knows the family and the woman's husband is left without a family. It's really awful. :(

I would love to donate but I have no credit card or any kind of bank card, I'll check the site to see if there's another way.