PDA

View Full Version : Animal cruelty

Myreth
21-09-07, 21:31
I don't usually watch the news, but the recent cruel death of a cat made everyone talk.
In a city in Romania a couple of :cen: monsters (no other words can describe them) killed a cat by throwing it around like a soccer ball, I really couldn't believe my eyes, I'm still shaking (esp since I'm a cat lover).And they actually proudly made a video of it and posted it on the net.

The worst part is that even if they are found, there is no law to severely punish them.(just a fine)

It also shows some images of an earlier case where a horse was beaten to death by a shovel because he couldn't carry his massive load.

How can some people live with themselves. :mad:

Now petitions that ask to make an Animal Police section and to drastically change the law for protecting animals are made,like this : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/107215425 and apparently sent to the senate, but who knows if they actually help.

Really I have never seen anything like this in other countries, what can be done from preventing this from ever happening.

Edited the link

raiderfun
21-09-07, 21:36
Excuse me, but this video made me laughing , it didn't break my heart at all ! They throw the cat as if it was a toy ! :p

knutroald
21-09-07, 21:36
Sounds horrible!:eek: I'm not gonna watch those videos though..

EDIT: I couldnt hold my self, I watched the video:o Raiderfun, how on earth does that make you laugh?:( that kitty was killed!! It made me cry...:(

trXD
21-09-07, 21:37
Excuse me, but this video made me laughing , it didn't break my heart at all ! They throw the cat as if it was a toy ! :p

I havent seen the video yet but you are the most shallow person i have ever met

Edit: Just watched it! OMG that is so terrible. The poor thing couldnt defend itself! I only watched the first 30 seconds because i couldnt bare it any longer!

Ampersand
I really don't think this stuff is suitable to post.

Lavinder

I've not even watched it, but I can still say that you're one sick individual if you find cruel acts like this funny.

Myreth

But it wasn't a toy. And the cat was killed after :(

viper456
21-09-07, 21:38

you have serious problems if you thought that was funny!! You need to seek help.

In response to that awful video - I don't understand what makes some people tick, I really don't. What sort of enjoyment can you get from doing cruel acts like that to any animal. Its sickening.

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 21:39
Come on guys, leave raiderfun alone. He's not sick and he doesn't need help.

Forever_Laras_56
21-09-07, 21:39

how could you you heartless monster!!!

dident you see that cats fear in its eyes on the close up some one should repeatedly kick the mother:cen::cen::cen::cen::cen:i hope thay rot in hell!!!

that was so sad i cryed like for ever that poor cat couldent do anything! i cant belive people thease days i think also this is not suttible to post

raiderfun
21-09-07, 21:40

I don't lie , so I just said my opinion , those people are really crazy, what they do is not normal and was so extreme , when I watched the vid I was just like OMG just like if the vid was fake ... that's why the vid made me laughing ! Sorry for any inconvenience ! :o

Angel_14
21-09-07, 21:41

I didn't see the video either, becasue even Myreth's description of the content made heart crush up, but your comment is actually worse than that description.

kill bill

Ditto it made me sob seeing it being kicked around:(:mad::mad:

trXD

dident you see that cats fear in its eyes on the close up some one should repeatedly kick the mother:cen::cen::cen::cen::cen:i hope thay rot in hell!!!

I feel the exact same way but i just dont know how to experess it

Deepthought
21-09-07, 21:43
I saw less then 15 seconds and it was more than enough. That was pretty cruel. :(

Sedge
21-09-07, 21:43
I watched it.

Made me cry.

raiderfun
21-09-07, 21:44
HEY ! Comm'on guys ! Was I so cruel ? :mad:

I explained everything on my last post, and I'm not that shallow believe me !

Myreth
21-09-07, 21:44

I was puzzled whether I should post this or not ,but if someone wants to sign the petition it would be great. And the video is from the news and i just wanted to see other peoples opinions cuz I'm just shoked.

But please try not to offend other members for they opinions. He just thought it was fake.

Anubis_AF
21-09-07, 21:45
Why would you post such thing on the forums?

touchmyheart
21-09-07, 21:45

I dont think animal cruelty is anything to laugh about. Imagine if it was a beloved pet of yours being treated like that :( Oh god, I cant even bring myself to watch more than 10 seconds of it...

Edit: after reading your reply my opinion remains the same Im afraid.

PARANOIA
21-09-07, 21:47
OMG one person throws around a cat, so let's put in heavy legislation that makes anybody who even does so much as cause momentary pain to an animal get five to ten years in prison.

Forever_Laras_56
21-09-07, 21:47
im sorry but this thread should be closed!:(:(:(

Ampersand
21-09-07, 21:48
I was puzzled whether I should post this or not ,but if someone wants to sign the petition it would be great. And the video is from the news and i just wanted to see other peoples opinions cuz I'm just shoked.

The footage is really disturbing - as terrible as the story is, I think the video would be best taken off. There was another thread like this where someone linked to pictures of a kitten dying, and as much as I sympathize I think it's best not posted on here. =(

OMG one person throws around a cat, so let's put in heavy legislation that makes anybody who even does so much as cause momentary pain to an animal get five to ten years in prison.

I take it you didn't see them repeatedly kicking it?

raiderfun
21-09-07, 21:48
And for your information, Cats are my fave pets ;) , and I am not against any animal at all . I use to watch horror films so nothing affects me . Just rewatch the vid, and tell if it doesn't look fake ? because the way they killed the cat was too exaggerated At my opinion .

Angelus
21-09-07, 21:49
Oh God, that's really despicable.

Myreth
Why would you post such thing on the forums?

If it's too shocking I can take the video down. But I still think that people should read the story and hear what some human beings can do.

knutroald

Momentary pain? that cat was killed..:(

I agree, this should be closed.

Indiana Croft
that is so pathetic! Beating on something half his size that's completey defenseless. Oh, and raiderfun, just because you laugh at something that you shouldn't doesn't make you heartless. It just means you have a good sense of humor. I'm sure if you were there you would've stopped him from throwing the cat. That doesn't mean it wasn't funny, but I'm sure you know it's wrong:)

viper456
21-09-07, 21:50

there was more than one person
Its hardly a moment of pain, the cat died
there was also a part about a horse being beaten with a spade.
and yes, they should be locked up.

knutroald
21-09-07, 21:51
there was more than one person
Its hardly a moment of pain, the cat died
there was also a part about a horse being beaten with a spade.
and yes, they should be locked up.

Agreed 100%

trXD
If it's too shocking I can take the video down. But I still think that people should read the story and hear what some human beings can do.

To be honest i think this thread should be closed. You have done nothing wrong with posting it but its just really unpleasent...

Just to save anybody from killing themself this thread should be closed

PARANOIA
And yet it's perfectly fine that cartoonists pretty much advocate cat violence, as seen with Garfield, The Far Side, Get Fuzzy, etc.

To be honest i think this thread should be closed. You have done nothing wrong with posting it but its just really unpleasent...

Just to save myself from killing myself this thread should be closed

Fixed.

Some people are more mature and able to handle themselves with less spontaneity.

Angel_14
that is so pathetic! Beating on something half his size that's completey defenseless. Oh, and raiderfun, just because you laugh at something that you shouldn't doesn't make you heartless. It just means you have a good sense of humor. I'm sure if you were there you would've stopped him from throwing the cat. That doesn't mean it wasn't funny, but I'm sure you know it's wrong:)

Laughing at an animal's death does not refer to good sense of humor. It's quiet the opposite.

Ampersand
21-09-07, 21:52
And yet it's perfectly fine that cartoonists pretty much advocate cat violence, as seen with Garfield, The Far Side, Get Fuzzy, etc.

Because everyone with half a brain can tell the difference between a cartoon and reality, right?

knutroald
21-09-07, 21:53

Fixed.

Some people are more mature and able to handle themselves with less spontaneity.

And some people are mature enough to tell Tom and Jerry from reality

Deepthought
21-09-07, 21:53
This is definatly not even close to one of the worst things happening in this world. If people are killing themselves over this then they must not know much about some of the bad things in history / current events.

Myreth
21-09-07, 21:54
and yes, they should be locked up
That is actually the point I was trying to make. There is no law to punish them.Except a fine.

raiderfun
21-09-07, 21:54

Of course I would have stopped them , I am not sadistic . ;)

If this scene really shocked you all, what to say about those scenes in Hostel 3 or Saw 3 knowing that it happens in some places in real life ? :mis:

Indiana Croft
21-09-07, 21:55
Laughing at an animal's death does not refer to good sense of humor. It's quiet the opposite.

I'm not even going to persue this any furthur.

Sedge
21-09-07, 21:56
I think this shouldn't be closed now that the link is edited.

myrmaad
21-09-07, 21:57
Part of the reason there is so much human on human violence is because violence is acceptable. Anyone who can torture an animal for no other reason than amusement is just a step away from torturing a human being.

And I DON'T think this thread should be closed because young boys in particular should be exposed to the reasons why this type of behavior is clearly wrong, anti-social, and sick.

If you think that's funny there is no question you need psychological evaluation. Animal cruelty is punishable by jail time in my state, and there is a crack-down on it in place in most of the US.

If this scene really shocked you all, what to say about those scenes in Hostel 3 or Saw 3 knowing that it happens in some places in real life ?

Saw 3 was a movie, the video you laughed at was REAL LIFE. This is part of the problem, you are not apparently able to discern the difference. By the way Raiderfun, I don't believe you. I read your first post before you edited it, and there was nothing in it that made me think you did not understand what you were viewing. Paranoia, you're way wrong on this one, except for the fact that we should enact heavy legislation and hard time to punish those who torture animals.

Deepthought
21-09-07, 21:58
Violence is acceptable? Says who?

raiderfun
21-09-07, 21:59
Please do not close this thread, all these people must know what I tried to mean !

touchmyheart
21-09-07, 22:00

Well as a rule it should never be accepted. But there are many human beings who find violence acceptable in one form or another.

Deepthought
21-09-07, 22:02
It depends on what kind of voilence. But thats a differant topic alltogether

raiderfun
21-09-07, 22:03
Part of the reason there is so much human on human violence is because violence is acceptable. Anyone who can torture an animal for no other reason than amusement is just a step away from torturing a human being.

And I DON'T think this thread should be closed because young boys in particular should be exposed to the reasons why this type of behavior is clearly wrong, anti-social, and sick.

If you think that's funny there is no question you need psychological evaluation. Animal cruelty is punishable by jail time in my state, and there is a crack-down on it in place in most of the US.

Saw 3 was a movie, the video you laughed at was REAL LIFE. This is part of the problem, you are not apparently able to discern the difference.

I said knowing that it happens in some places in real life ;)

PARANOIA
21-09-07, 22:04
It depends on what kind of voilence. But thats a differant topic alltogether

Yes.

For instance, animal-attacking-human violence is very reasonable and humane, as the animal is trying to find dinner, and the human - for some reason or another - is not prepared.

Myreth
21-09-07, 22:05
Please do not close this thread, all these people must know what I tried to mean !

Don't worry, I think you made your point.

Violence should never be acceptable, but it is promoted on television so much and some people are very easily influenced. The bullies looked like teen-agers so they were trying to mimic what they see around them I guess. But for some reason violence towards helpless animals is even more cruel in my book.

touchmyheart
21-09-07, 22:07
Yes.

For instance, animal-attacking-human violence is very reasonable and humane, as the animal is trying to find dinner, and the human - for some reason or another - is not prepared.

Yes, but animals cannot differentiate between right and wrong. Humans can! And we should know better because of it.

Of course if you come across a wild beast and are attacked, do everything you can to defend yourself, but killing an innocent animal when it has done nothing to deserve it is not acceptable.

Deepthought
21-09-07, 22:09
I think violence is acceptable under extreme conditions, like self or freindly defence. I , mean, what are you supposed to do, let it fly? Attacking an animal can also be justified, but not in this situation. This is seriusly one of the most low brow, bottom of the barrel things ive ever seen on the .net, and that is realy saying somthing.

raiderfun
21-09-07, 22:10
Also, if we "humans" kill animals it's just to eat , not to torture them unless there's someone who's mentally crazy.

myrmaad
21-09-07, 22:11
Yes.

Hmm let me see, when was the last time I saw an animal attack, kill and eat a human being?

But people are attacked and killed by human hands every day: Afghanistan, Iraq, DELAWARE. (Where I happen to be posting from.)

You'd better drum up a better argument than that, paranoia, it doesn't fly.

raiderfun
21-09-07, 22:13
Hmm let me see, when was the last time I saw an animal attack, kill and eat a human being?

But people are attacked and killed by human hands every day: Afghanistan, Iraq, DELAWARE. (Where I happen to be posting from.)

You'd better drum up a better argument than that, paranoia, it doesn't fly.

100% Agreed with you ! :tmb: ..... And Palestine ! ;)

I've also heard a lot about violence caused by a human on another one, you have heard that too , I'm sure . ;)

Deepthought
21-09-07, 22:14
Animal attacking human violence is never accepted. If the neibors dog attacks you, you call the cops. If a bear kills your freind, you get your shotgun.

myrmaad
21-09-07, 22:15
There was a school shooting in Delaware today. That's why I'm at home.

erosan
Those guys are screwed up in the head, but i'm not surprised this is coming from romania, it's always been a crappy place.

raiderfun
There was a school shooting in Delaware today. That's why I'm at home.

Where do you live ? :confused:

myrmaad
21-09-07, 22:16
Animal attacking human violence is never accepted. If the neibors dog attacks you, you call the cops. If a bear kills your freind, you get your shotgun.

"Vigilante Justice"! :yik:

trXD
21-09-07, 22:20

Fixed.

Did you actually belive i was being seriouse!

tomblover
21-09-07, 22:22
IMO, anyone who tortures animals for fun is a ****ing idiot. :wve:

Betal
21-09-07, 22:28
Yeah that's sick. I think that everyone who kills a innocent animal should be punished with dead lol.

Last year 2 of my friends killed a cat with a hammer. I'm not frined with them anymore. xD

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 22:29
Yeah that's sick. I think that everyone who kills a innocent animal should be punished with dead lol.That's a bit harsh don't you think?

jamieoliver22
21-09-07, 22:30
That's a bit harsh don't you think?

And you agree with animal cruelty?

PARANOIA
21-09-07, 22:32
And you agree with animal cruelty?

No, but somehow the life of an animal is valued higher than that of the life of a human.

touchmyheart
21-09-07, 22:33
No, but somehow the life of an animal is valued higher than that of the life of a human.

Thats not the case at all. I mean the humans in this vid arn't being beaten to death are they? :mad:

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 22:34
And you agree with animal cruelty?When in my post did I say that? Read my posts carefully. Obviously I do not agree with animal cruelty but enforcing the death penalty on anyone who does something such as this is silly.

raiderfun
21-09-07, 22:35
Yeah that's sick. I think that everyone who kills a innocent animal should be punished with dead lol.

Last year 2 of my friends killed a cat with a hammer. I'm not frined with them anymore. xD

Punished with dead lol ?

Even if a human kills another human , we do not kill him, unless if he does a big mistake, I'm saying a BIG mistake there a death penalty could happen. ;)

SO what to say for an animal ? Of course , we must punish the killer , but not by the death ! :p

Lavinder
21-09-07, 22:37

People find it much more shocking because the animal seems somewhat more vulnerable, helpless and does not know what is going on. Whereas we can all experience human feelings, imagine how the person is feeling, and feel that a human has more sense to fight back, depending on the situation of course.

tomblover
21-09-07, 22:41
They do deserve death penalty, I mean, what's the animal done to them?

But alas, since they can't give death penalty, and it'd be downright stupid, sadly, every damn torturer will continue.

I mean, I feel kinda bad if I accidentally step on a snail.

Myreth
21-09-07, 22:43
Punished with dead lol ?

Even if a human kills another human , we do not kill him, unless if he does a big mistake, I'm saying a BIG mistake there a death penalty could happen. ;)

SO what to say for an animal ? Of course , we must punish the killer , but not by the death ! :p

I agree,we shouldn't lower to their level, but most of the times crimes like this are totally ignored, and it drives me mad that some people regard animals as things without emotion.

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 22:44
They do deserve death penalty, I mean, what's the animal done to them?So do you think humans who kill other humans deserve the death penalty?

Lavinder
21-09-07, 22:45
So do you think humans who kill other humans deserve the death penalty?

In most cases they are put down ;)

EDIT : Oops, read it wrong, leave me alone, I'm tired..

Yes I do believe that people who kill other people for no reason should be set to death, in the right situation.

tr_mitch
21-09-07, 22:46
Punished with dead lol ?

You don't consider a human killing another person to be a 'big' mistake?

The problem with the world nowadays is that one persons life is valued so small, need to knock off a few other people to reach headlines nowadays. :rolleyes: But thats another topic.

I don't really agree with the death penalty for 'animal cruelty' but they should definitely be have a couple of years banged away to compensate for it.

tomblover
21-09-07, 22:47
So do you think humans who kill other humans deserve the death penalty? You could say that. But in that case I'd say they better get some proper evidence. Really.

They take a life, then they pay. :)

raiderfun
21-09-07, 22:51
I agree,we shouldn't lower to their level, but most of the times crimes like this are totally ignored, and it drives me mad that some people regard animals as things without emotion.

Ok , and sorry guys if I was too clumsy earlier, but it was just my impression, the video was funny in part for me because I couldn't beleive my eyes but I also laughed because I didn't understand a word in spanish , and finally I recognize that the vid was relatively shocking . :(

I know many people who have a pleasure to kill the bugs , it's like their pastime, they don't have anything to do so they start killing the insects on the ground :(

Myreth
21-09-07, 23:00
Ok , and sorry guys if I was too clumsy earlier, but it was just my impression, the video was funny in part for me because I couldn't beleive my eyes but I also laughed because I didn't understand a word in spanish , and finally I recognize that the vid was relatively shocking . :(

Don't worry ,I wasn't referring to you , just to people that hurt animals in general

I know many people who have a pleasure to kill the bugs , it's like their pastime, they don't have anything to do so they do not have anything to do , so they start killing the insects on the ground :(

Even if insects are still animals I don't think most people care about them since they display no affection, personally like most mammals do. But I still wouldn't go killing bugs just for no reason.

myrmaad
21-09-07, 23:06
Ok, Raiderfun, I believe you.

Look, there have been many studies that show that serial killers start out with torturing small animals, then thrill of that is no longer enough, so they move on to rape or torture of children or women or anyone less powerful or more easily intimidated then themselves.. In the US several cases of animal torture have escalated to killing small children by 11 to 14 year old boys.

Today it's torture an helpless animal, tomorrow it's rape and worse.

The main thing all these torturers have in common is the inability to feel empathy, a much larger problem for teenage boys then girls, although it can happen in girls. Just doesn't happen as often.

Sometimes seeing a lot of horror movies and violent games can exacerbate the problem by lessening the empathic response even more, reducing the perception of reality to a "video game world".

I'm shocked by the responses on this thread to be clear. It has left quite a deep impression on me, one I won't soon forget.

raiderfun
21-09-07, 23:11
Ok, Raiderfun, I believe you.

Look, there have been many studies that show that serial killers start out with torturing small animals, then thrill of that is no longer enough, so they move on to rape or torture of children or women or anyone less powerful or more easily intimidated then themselves.. In the US several cases of animal torture have escalated to killing small children by 11 to 14 year old boys.

Today it's torture an helpless animal, tomorrow it's rape and worse.

The main thing all these torturers have in common is the inability to feel empathy, a much larger problem for teenage boys then girls, although it can happen in girls. Just doesn't happen as often.

Sometimes seeing a lot of horror movies and violent games can exacerbate the problem by lessening the empathic response even more, reducing the perception of reality to a "video game world".

I'm shocked by the responses on this thread to be clear. It has left quite a deep impression on me, one I won't soon forget.

It's probably me who affected you the most I guess :(
It's true that Video Games / Horror Movies have a strong influence on young people ( also on adults) , and it may be one of the biggest reasons to cause violence .

Betal
21-09-07, 23:22
That's a bit harsh don't you think?

Nope. Most animals are defenseless against us humans. But we hurt, kill and even torture them anyway. And people who do that deserves the exact same thing.

I've seen videos on the Internet on people who kills animals and amputate and even eating them alive. (It was a video on a woman who ate a cat). And after seeing those I understand how cruel humans are.

raiderfun
21-09-07, 23:25
Nope. Most animals are defenseless against us humans. But we hurt, kill and even torture them anyway. And people who do that deserves the exact same thing.

I've seen videos on the Internet on people who kills animals and amputate and even eating them alive. (It was a video on a woman who ate a cat). And after seeing those I understand how cruel humans are.

It's not a woman, it's a Cannibal then . ;)

myrmaad
21-09-07, 23:26
It's probably me who affected you the most I guess :(
It's true that Video Games / Horror Movies have a strong influence on young people ( also on adults) , and it may be one of the biggest reasons to cause violence .

No, it wasn't you, it was those who defended you, although at first I was shocked by what you said, I also realize that you were dealing with some cultural difference that led to your misunderstanding.

In fact I have never felt there was much credibility in the idea that people can be influenced enough by video or movies to completely change their perception of reality. I'm by nature very skeptical.

However the fact that there are people on this thread who are defending the action of animal cruelty as not to deserve punishment, as not to be socially deviant, as not to be a sign of low intelligence or mental illness, convinces me that someone must do something drastic to wake people up to the dangers of allowing such sick behavior to go unpunished. It's not "boys being boys" it's serious psychiatric psychosis and should not only be punished, but should lead to incarceration in a lock-down insane asylum.

It's just one more in a long list of injustices that make me want to practice law.

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 23:27

I've seen videos on the Internet on people who kills animals and amputate and even eating them alive. (It was a video on a woman who ate a cat). And after seeing those I understand how cruel humans are.Ever stopped to think how loving and compassionate humans can also be?

myrmaad
21-09-07, 23:29
Ever stopped to think how loving and compassionate humans can also be?

What's your point. Those are the ones we'll allow to live.

Forever_Laras_56
[QUOTE=Betal;2132904]It was a video on a woman who ate a cat.QUOTE]

*drops jaw* my god!!! alive she ate it alive!!!:(

Mad Tony
What's your point. Those are the ones we'll allow to live.My point is I'm trying to make Betal see that the human race isn't all the bad.

gotha-666
21-09-07, 23:39
you have serious problems if you thought that was funny!! You need to seek help.

In response to that awful video - I don't understand what makes some people tick, I really don't. What sort of enjoyment can you get from doing cruel acts like that to any animal. Its sickening.

well,..... sometimes i just really enjoy ppl and animals suffering.....
and when i was 8 yrs old, i killed a chick....

jamieoliver22
21-09-07, 23:39

Seriously, what the hell?

tweetygwee
21-09-07, 23:40
Ok, I saw a few seconds of that video (got the general message from that) and it's obviously very wrong. What we don't know (or at least I can't understand) is why they did it. I think they probably don't think very much. Not much brain activity about what's right and wrong. Romania needs tougher laws, but the worrying thing is that there are actually people who think like that. What can anyone do about a lack of emotion?

Oh, you're going to get a lot of respect for that. :rolleyes:

viper456
21-09-07, 23:40

get a grip :rolleyes:

my god seriously why?! I can even bring myself to respond to that in a constructive way. urgh.

myrmaad
21-09-07, 23:42
My point is I'm trying to make Betal see that the human race isn't all the bad.

Just a gentle word of advice, Tony, you can't "make" anyone see anything. Maybe Betal would like you to see that humans can not only be honorable, noble, and gracious, but they can also be monstrously cruel, savage, and rapacious beyond redemption.

Mad Tony
21-09-07, 23:43
Maybe Betal would like you to see that humans can not only be honorable, noble, and gracious, but they can also be monstrously cruel, savage, and rapacious beyond redemption.I never said humans can't be cruel, savage etc. But they're certainly not just those things.

raiderfun
21-09-07, 23:44
Thank You myrmaad :)

You said 8 yrs old , obviously you were very young and immature, if someone asks you to do it now you'll refuse which is totally normal . :)

viper456
21-09-07, 23:44
Thank You myrmaad :)

You said 8 yrs old , obviously you were very young and immature, if someone asks you to do it now you'll refuse which is totally normal . :)

the first part of what they said is present tense.

CroftScionGuard
21-09-07, 23:46
Maybe Betal would like you to see that humans can not only be honorable, noble, and gracious, but they can also be monstrously cruel, savage, and rapacious beyond redemption.
Very true, myrmaad! Humans (not saying, but it includes me) are unpredictable

raiderfun
21-09-07, 23:47
Okay Gotha you live in Hell, but how old are you now ?

remote91
22-09-07, 00:23
Okay Gotha you live in Hell, but how old are you now ?
:vlol:

TombRaider#1fan
22-09-07, 00:39
Those guys are screwed up in the head, but i'm not surprised this is coming from romania, it's always been a crappy place.

i was born there and lived there 9 years. somehow i agree... it was one of the reasons i moved

btw i didnt mean to say your comment was offending, because it wasnt;)

raiderfun
22-09-07, 00:44
i was born there and lived there 9 years. somehow i agree... it was one of the reasons i moved

Can you tell us what is the real problem with people from Romania ? I mean why do they do that ?

erosan
22-09-07, 01:00

same, i lived there the first 12 years of my life, and im glad i moved.

raiderfun, i could go on and on how BAD it is there.
like, for example, if you get in a car accident and it's your fault, you can pay money to the police and they'll let it go. There are no reasons for laws

vespertea
22-09-07, 01:44
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but there's so much worse stuff than this floating around. I've seen video/pictures of a person setting a cat on fire, another picture of someone putting a young cat in a blender, and another of a cat's slaughtered body hanging from a wall (in various increments). It's absolutely sick what lengths people will go to.

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 01:48
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but there's so much worse stuff than this floating around. I've seen video/pictures of a person setting a cat on fire, another picture of someone putting a young cat in a blender, and another of a cat's slaughtered body hanging from a wall (in various increments). It's absolutely sick what lengths people will go to.

And I thought me putting a puppy in the microwave (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=2121444#post2121444) was sick.

vespertea
22-09-07, 02:06
And I thought me putting a puppy in the microwave (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=2121444#post2121444) was sick.

That seems just as bad to me, if not worse. :rolleyes:

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 02:09
That seems just as bad to me, if not worse. :rolleyes:

Well, let's compare it, shall we?

When you put a puppy in the microwave, you are bombarding it with microwave heat rays, heating the object from the inside out. If you put a kitten in the blender, you're basically grinding, uh...

On second thought, I think this is a case where I can spare the board some of the graphic details and let them imagine it.

vespertea
22-09-07, 02:12
Well, let's compare it, shall we?

When you put a puppy in the microwave, you are bombarding it with microwave heat rays, heating the object from the inside out. If you put a kitten in the blender, you're basically grinding, uh...

On second thought, I think this is a case where I can spare the board some of the graphic details and let them imagine it.

LOL! :vlol: You know that some kid browsing this board is probably scarred for life now.

(Well, at least the death of Blender Kitty is quick. The microwave puppy seems slow and agonizing. But then again, if the blender gears--

Okay, I'm stopping now before I get banned. :(

Forever_Laras_56
22-09-07, 02:21
LOL! :vlol: You know that some kid browsing this board is probably scarred for life now.

you said it!!:(

Encore
22-09-07, 02:24
Those people who are claiming on this thread the superiority of humanity and how we should value it above the life of an animal, are so contradictory.

You should realize that humanity's ability to feel compassion for other species is one of the things that makes us special.
The way some of us are capable of treating animals with kindness and compassion says tons about this fact.

By giving in to humanity's selfishness and its primal instincts of violence and sadism, a person who tortures an animal is actually behaving in a very savage way - and appears, to me, inferior to other animals, since animals don't kill for pleasure.

If you value humanity's best achievements you should also value the progress of the human mind and moral values, that lead to the creation of an international "bill of animal rights".

Besides, like someone else already pointed out, torturing animals is usually viewed as a psychological problem - a clear display of lack of emotions, that might lead to complete apathy towards other humans as well...

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 02:27

Well, animal cruelty, no matter how you look at it, is disgusting. Details applied at such a young age are kind of what turn people vegetarian or even Vegan.

Me, I don't really care what they do to those chickens. They taste good, and that's all that matters. However, violence for no culinary or security benefit (other than to prove that people don't like cats) is bad.

I didn't say disgusting, horrendous, abhorrent, odious, grotesque, Homeric, Machiavellian, Zionist, or John Wilkes Boothian.

Just bad. There's no need to load the language.

You should realize that humanity's ability to feel compassion for other species is one of the things that makes us special.
The way some of us are capable of treating animals with kindness and compassion says tons about this fact.

By giving in to humanity's selfishness and its primal instincts of violence and sadism, a person who tortures an animal is actually behaving in a very savage way - and appears, to me, inferior to other animals, since animals don't kill for pleasure.

If you value humanity's best achievements you should also value the progress of the human mind and moral values, that lead to the creation of an international "bill of animal rights".

Besides, like someone else already pointed out, torturing animals is usually viewed as a psychological problem - a clear display of lack of emotions, that might lead to complete apathy towards other humans as well...

I don't believe in legislation. I do believe in vigilantism. Anybody who kills an animal without probable cause (i.e. legal hunting, food) should be treated with less than the proper amount of respect.

TombRaider#1fan
22-09-07, 03:20
Can you tell us what is the real problem with people from Romania ? I mean why do they do that ?

just like erosan said, if you did something illegal you just pay them to "skip it". everything can be bought. i can give you a list if you want ;)

Fish.
22-09-07, 05:53
Holy ****! :yik:

How can some people LIVE with themselves!!! Just reading your text made me want to cry.

I should get the camera and see how THEY like it!! :mad:

Little-Lara
22-09-07, 06:20
:mad:

At times like this I'm soo glad I have faith in God. This is not a perfect world, but there is a perfect judgment waiting for those cruel :cen: after this life.

Ikas90
22-09-07, 08:36
I mean, I feel kinda bad if I accidentally step on a snail.

I stepped on a snail the other day, and it made me feel horrible. :(

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 08:37
I stepped on a snail the other day, and it made me feel horrible. :(It's only a snail O.o

kill bill
22-09-07, 08:44

I am. Builds an ark and puts all of the animals on it and locks it:D:D

Ikas90
22-09-07, 08:44
It's only a snail O.o

It would be different if I stepped on a cockroach. I wouldn't feel as bad, because cockroaches are disgusting creatures that spread diseases.

However, a snail is an innocent and peaceful creature, and if it's crushed inside it's own shell, it's like your spine being snapped in half. I value the life of a snail much more than a lot more than most creatures out there. I can't stand it when I kill something helpless like that. I'm a very soft hearted person when it comes to these things.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 08:49
I know, it's sad what people do to animals, I mean, they're the only thing to test on when it comes to medicine, and I feel really sad that's the only choice. However mercilessly killing an innocent creature just makes me sick. :mad: My mom had a couple of friends when she was small that liked cutting up cats alive. :rolleyes: I can't beleive what horrid, sick people exist in this pathetic little world.

I stepped on a snail the other day, and it made me feel horrible. :(
It was an accident, and if you think that's bad; I caused the death of a little kitten. I couldn't sleep for nights, I cried for three days straight.

Sara Croft
22-09-07, 09:00
It's only a snail O.o
If you kick a dog to death, its only a dog. Animals dont think very different and beside some instincts and looks, all animals are almost just the same. You never even think of how many ants you kill, because there's so many, but if you killed a dog or a cat many people will feel bad.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 09:01
If you kick a dog to death, its only a dog. Animals dont think very different and beside some instincts and looks, all animals are almost just the same. You never even think of how many ants you kill, because there's so many, but if you killed a dog or a cat many people will feel bad.

Well said. :tmb:

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 09:03
If you kick a dog to death, its only a dog. Animals dont think very different and beside some instincts and looks, all animals are almost just the same. You never even think of how many ants you kill, because there's so many, but if you killed a dog or a cat many people will feel bad.A dog is different. Snails are just so insignificant and plentiful.

If I step on a snail by accident, I walk on and think nothing of it. However, If ever I accidentally killed a cat or a dog then I would be very bothered.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 09:06
A dog is different. Snails are just so insignificant and plentiful.

If I step on a snail by accident, I walk on and think nothing of it. However, If ever I accidentally killed a cat or a dog then I would be very bothered.
God, here we go again: Snail or not, it's a living being and life should be valued. A snail never does anything to hurt you; annoy you. How would you like your guts smuthered across the ground? :rolleyes:

buckmana
22-09-07, 09:08
Ewwwww gross!!!!

I haven't seen the video, but I'm thinking I shouldn't.

What freak would do something like this and put it on the internet?

These people deserve only one thing, take them to meet a larger version of the animal (in this case, tiger), coat them with the blood of the prey animal and let them get what they deserve!

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 09:09
God, here we go again: Snail or not, it's a living being and life should be valued. A snail never does anything to hurt you; annoy you. How would you like your guts smuthered across the ground? :rolleyes:Yes, a snail is living but it's so small and insignificant (as I said in my last post) that I don't really feel much when I accidentally step on one.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 09:11
Yes, a snail is living but it's so small and insignificant (as I said in my last post) that I don't really feel much when I accidentally step on one.

Ben, yes small perhaps, but insignificant? No one is insignificant, not even a mosquito.

I refuse to argue any further with such a stubborn person as yourself.

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 09:15
Ben, yes small perhaps, but insignificant? No one is insignificant, not even a mosquito.

I refuse to argue any further with such a stubborn person as yourself.So I'm stubborn because I don't start kicking myself (don't mean it literally) when I step on a snail?

nicola1986
22-09-07, 09:16
I'm so glad I didn't watch that video, it would have made me cry and I wouldn't have forgot it for days, I know I've seen things like that before.

Animal cruelty is a subject I feel very strongly about and this makes me really angry and also really sad.

How a person can do something like that to any living creature digusts me and angers me.

They do not deserve to get away with it, they deserve to be punished.

@Ikas, that is very sweet that you felt bad for stepping on a snail, so would I but accidents happen all the time and it wasn't your fault :hug:

tweetygwee
22-09-07, 09:54
So I'm stubborn because I don't start kicking myself (don't mean it literally) when I step on a snail?

I would feel quite bad, but I wouldn't if it was a ant (although I do carefully step around things if I see them!). I think this is because I think smaller creature = less emotion, and I doubt anyone has accidently stepped on enough to threaten a species.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 09:56
So I'm stubborn because I don't start kicking myself (don't mean it literally) when I step on a snail?

I'm not saying you should start kicking yourself but saying: It's JUST a snail is rather heartless IMO.

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 10:01
I'm not saying you should start kicking yourself but saying: It's JUST a snail is rather heartless IMO.IMO it's far from harmless as it's only a snail to me.

badboy70
22-09-07, 10:58
I hate animal cruelty. Goverments know it's there, but they aren't doing a thing about it. I recently saw a vid where animals in Japan get killed, abused and stripped from there fur just to sell it. And even worse is that it was happening right on the street with people passing by like it was a normal day activity !
It's just so cruel, don't people have any feelings at all ?

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 11:22
I hate animal cruelty. Goverments know it's there, but they aren't doing a thing about it.I think perhaps it's because the governments are focusing on more important things like stopping child abuse. Just a thought.

xcrushterx
22-09-07, 11:29
IMO it's far from harmless as it's only a snail to me.
A snail or not it's still a living thing. Put yourself in the the snail's position - I bet then you'd be singing a different tune :rolleyes:

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 11:32
A snail or not it's still a living thing. Put yourself in the the snail's position - I bet then you'd be singing a different tune :rolleyes:I wish people such as you would stop getting at me just because I am not as easy to upset when it comes to killing insects.

raiderfun
22-09-07, 12:14
Hello guys, I'm back and I am noticing that this thread is still active. :p

Guys, respect each other's opinion , and leave Ben alone please, it's his opinion. :)

For what is it of the snail, God gave life to every of his creations . They breath, they move, they eat , they work, so why putting an end to their life vacantly ? :confused:

danitiwa
22-09-07, 12:20
I think perhaps it's because the governments are focusing on more important things like stopping child abuse. Just a thought.

Hmm, and they've stopped so how many children from being abused so far?? :rolleyes:

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 12:22
Hmm, and they've stopped so how many children from being abused so far?? :rolleyes:That depends what country you're in. It may not be the case in Germany, but they're really cracking down on it over here.

Anyways, the point is that the government efforts should be focused on Child abuse more than animal cruelty.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 12:23

You may not like his comment, (I don't like it either.) but calling it shallow makes you just as bad IMO.

Ben: I just despise the Government in General, full of nasty hypocrites if you ask me.

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 12:25
Ben: I just despise the Government in General, full of nasty hypocrites if you ask me.So do I. Well, the government we have over here at the moment anyway.

trXD
22-09-07, 13:08
That depends what country you're in. It may not be the case in Germany, but they're really cracking down on it over here.

Anyways, the point is that the government efforts should be focused on Child abuse more than animal cruelty.

True about the germany thing but i think animal cruelty is a bigger issue. Its much more common than chlid abuse! People value animals less than humans so the animals get treated badly. My neighbour was beating his dog until i caught him and then he went to prison for a while. I renember seeing it and being shocked! I was only 8 and i didnt have a clue what the hell he was doing but i saw one of those ads on tv and rang one of those rescue centers to save the dog and i felt so proud afterwards

Anywho the point is animal cruelty is much more common!

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 13:11
True about the germany thing but i think animal cruelty is a bigger issue. Its much more common than chlid abuse! People value animals less than humans so the animals get treated badly. My neighbour was beating his dog until i caught him and then he went to prison for a while. I renember seeing it and being shocked! I was only 8 and i didnt have a clue what the hell he was doing but i saw one of those ads on tv and rang one of those rescue centers to save the dog and i felt so proud afterwards

Anywho the point is animal cruelty is much more common!I don't think it is. I think it's just as common. There are a lot of cases of child abuse going on but the children are too afraid to report it.

And I am absolutely shocked that you think animal cruelty is worse than child abuse.

trXD
22-09-07, 13:16
I don't think it is. I think it's just as common. There are a lot of cases of child abuse going on but the children are too afraid to report it.

And I am absolutely shocked that you think animal cruelty is worse than child abuse.

They are the same thing just with two diffrent living creatures. They are both as bad as each other i never said that i found either one worse

It may shock you to hear that animals cant actually report it but only neighbours can which gives it a lower chance of actually being stopped than child abuse. And as i said before animals are valued socially as less importend than children (which they are not) so its more likely that they will get treated badly

interstellardave
22-09-07, 13:21

I can't even bear to hear about this story--much less watch the video. :mad: Your post, however, has sickened me just as much. You had best sit and meditate on the state of your being--what kind of person you really want to be. :mad:

raiderfun
22-09-07, 13:22
They're both bad ! But When you say animal cruelty you mean killing animals or hurting and hitting them ?

trXD
22-09-07, 13:23
They're both bad ! But When you say animal cruelty you mean killing animals or hurting and hitting them ?

Yeah thats basicly the idea. All three of those things are animal cruelty

Thats why i dont belive in farming and hunting and its why im a vegetarian!

tweetygwee
22-09-07, 13:48
Yeah thats basicly the idea. All three of those things are animal cruelty

Thats why i dont belive in farming and hunting and its why im a vegetarian!

I'm against killing animals as a sport, but lots of species on this planet kill other animals for food, so I still eat meat. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against vegetarians, I'm just saying killing for food is natural.

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 13:49
They are the same thing just with two diffrent living creatures. They are both as bad as each other i never said that i found either one worseI don't want to be rude but that disgusts me. Child abuse is much more serious than animal cruelty. I don't know how you can think they're both as bad as each other.

Tweetygwee has got a point. It is natural to kill for food.

myrmaad
22-09-07, 13:56
I don't want to be rude but that disgusts me. Child abuse is much more serious than animal cruelty. I don't know how you can think they're both as bad as each other.

Tweetygwee has got a point. It is natural to kill for food.

I don't want to be rude either but if you can't see that they're both equally bad, then I think you need your head examined: one usually leads to the other. Why on earth are people more valuable than animals? That's where your thinking is warped. I'm not saying there aren't people who agree with you, but that kind of thinking is why we're in the trouble we are in, as a human population killing our own world/life support system.

This kind of thinking is not a good use of your intelligence.

Furthermore, governments don't concentrate on child abuse. Governments concentrate on power and money. If you start learning to use your intelligence for true critical thinking, this will become clear to you.

trXD
22-09-07, 13:58
I don't want to be rude either but if you can't see that they're both equally bad, then I think you need your head examined. Why on earth are people more valuable than animals? That's where your thinking is warped. I'm not saying there aren't people who agree with you, but that kind of thinking is why we're in the trouble we are in, as a human population killing our own world/life support system.

This kind of thinking is not a good use of your intelligence.

Furthermore, governments don't concentrate on child abuse. Governments concentrate on power and money. If you start learning to use your intelligence for true critical thinking, this will become clear to you.

This is exactly how i feel! People know this deep down inside but they just dont want to admit it. Most people dont dare to question if animals are just as importend and thats how i felt until i saw my neighbour beating his dog!

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 13:59
I don't want to be rude either but if you can't see that they're both equally bad, then I think you need your head examined. Why on earth are people more valuable than animals? That's where your thinking is warped. I'm not saying there aren't people who agree with you, but that kind of thinking is why we're in the trouble we are in, as a human population killing our own world/life support system. Pfft, whatever you think. But personally I think anyone who thinks they are both equally bad needs their head examined. :wve:

@trXD: I don't know anything of the sort deep down inside. I know, both inside and outside that child abuse is far worse than animal cruelty.

trXD
22-09-07, 14:00
Pfft, whatever you think. But personally I think anyone who thinks they are both equally bad needs their head examined. :wve:

That makes no sense without a reason

Your just to ignorent to care about animals on the same level as humans! One day in the future they will have people like you arrested and it will all be fixed like they did with racism and homopicisim

myrmaad
22-09-07, 14:00
Pfft, whatever you think. But personally I think anyone who thinks they are both equally bad needs their head examined. :wve:

People who are cruel to animals are very likely to be cruel to children as well, Tony. A point I've made several times and a FACT you continue to ignore simply because it doesn't match up with your agenda. :wve:

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:01

Your just to ignorent to care about animals on the same level as humans! One day in the future they will have people like you arrested and it will all be fixed like they did with racism and homopicisim

What's homopicisim? :confused:

trXD
22-09-07, 14:02
What's homopicisim? :confused:

woops i meant to say homophobic-ism

Typing error sorry:D

trXD
22-09-07, 14:02
People who are cruel to animals are very likely to be cruel to children as well, Tony. A point I've made several times and a FACT you continue to ignore simply because it doesn't match up with your agenda. :wve:

Its amazing how you say exactly what i cant put into words:D

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:04
woops i meant to say homophobic-ism

Typing error sorry:D

Then you are horribly wrong. Racism and homophobia will still exist. It's been around since the beginning of ages, and legislation won't fix that unless we all moved to one continent and had our melanin levels and our language changed, or unless you killed anyone who was racist.

Edit: On the grand scale of things, Mad Tony is right, depending on how you look at things. If any human being had a choice to let a child be murdered or to let a snail be crushed... that would be a hard decision to make.

myrmaad
22-09-07, 14:05
Its amazing how you say exactly what i cant put into words:D

You'll get there. I've been around a bit longer. ;)

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 14:07

Your just to ignorent to care about animals on the same level as humans! One day in the future they will have people like you arrested and it will all be fixed like they did with racism and homopicisimI hope people as immature as you never get into power. Arresting someone for believing that child abuse is worse than animal cruelty is absurd and stupid.

People who are cruel to animals are very likely to be cruel to children as well, Tony. A point I've made several times and a FACT you continue to ignore simply because it doesn't match up with your agenda. :wve:It's not fact, it's OPINION. :wve:

trXD
Then you are horribly wrong. Racism and homophobia will still exist. It's been around since the beginning of ages, and legislation won't fix that unless we all moved to one continent and had our melanin levels and our language changed, or unless you killed anyone who was racist.

Yeah i know they are still around but racism and homophobicism are socially accepted as bad but ranking animals below humans is still soccialy accepted as normal

myrmaad

Attitudes are hard to change, but legislation and social sanctions against violence and the attitudes that engender it do make a difference over time.

interstellardave
22-09-07, 14:08

@trXD: I don't know anything of the sort deep down inside. I know, both inside and outside that child abuse is far worse than animal cruelty.

It's a horrible argument, that's why? What does saying "cruelty to children is worse than cruelty to animals" do to help either problem? It's like saying well, if I had to choose one... and that's wrong thinking. How about accepting neither one? Who in their right mind is going to say "well, he did kill that cat... but at least it wasn't a kid". It's not a point worth making, IMO. Take each problem on based on it's own horrible merits.

trXD
22-09-07, 14:08
I hope people as immature as you never get into power. Arresting someone for believing that child abuse is worse than animal cruelty is absurd and stupid.

It's not fact, it's OPINION. :wve:

You still havent given a reason why you think they arent just as bad! Its getting pathetic now mad tony!

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 14:09
You still havent given a reason why you think they arent just as bad! Its getting pathetic now mad tony!Child abuse is worse because children are more important than animals IMO.

Andariel
i really despise humans that have no sympathy or compassion for life. we're suppose to be an evolved species yet these types decide not to be. i wonder how those *******s would like it if i threw them around or perhaps off a building and they died. a few years ago i saw a video of a cat being burned alive, heard about asian women stomping on kittens, and it completely changed my view of people. i'm a cynic and misanthrope because of this ****. i can't help but think the human race is scum with of course minor exceptions.

myrmaad
I hope people as immature as you never get into power. Arresting someone for believing that child abuse is worse than animal cruelty is absurd and stupid.

It's not fact, it's OPINION. :wve:

No my dear, it's a FACT. There are scientific studies that back up my claim. You have google, do a bit of research.

Here's a hint: "lack of empathy and violence" is a place to start. When you get your sociology degree, we'll talk. I have mine.

trXD
22-09-07, 14:10
It's a horrible argument, that's why? What does saying "cruelty to children is worse than cruelty to animals" do to help either problem? It's like saying well, if I had to choose one... and that's wrong thinking. How about accepting neither one? Who in their right mind is going to say "well, he did kill that cat... but at least it wasn't a kid". It's not a point worth making, IMO. Take each problem on based on it's own horrible merits.

Yeah but animal cruelty and child cruelty are the same things with just diffrent victims

interstellardave
Child abuse is worse because children are more important than animals IMO.

Please read and respond to my last post... :)

Yeah but animal cruelty and child cruelty are the same things with just diffrent victims

You seem to think I'm not saying that... how did you get that idea???

PARANOIA
Attitudes are hard to change, but legislation and social sanctions against violence and the attitudes that engender it do make a difference over time.

Ever hear of Bacon's Rebellion? Or the Revolution of the Bolsheviks? Or even the Civil War, the American Revolution, etc.. People will constantly lash out against legislation. It's not set in stone, and a revolution can change anything quite dramatically, because people refuse to be restrained. It's only a matter of time before the Constitution is burned in a bonfire.

No my dear, it's a FACT. There are scientific studies that back up my claim. You have google, do a bit of research.

Scientific studies were all conducted by scientists with agendas and opinions. No study is 100% accurate; just look at global warming. Mad Tony is in every aspect as right as you, degree or not.

trXD
22-09-07, 14:12
i really despise humans that have no sympathy or compassion for life. we're suppose to be an evolved species yet these types decide not to be. i wonder how those *******s would like it if i threw them around or perhaps off a building and they died. a few years ago i saw a video of a cat being burned alive, heard about asian women stomping on kittens, and it completely changed my view of people. i'm a cynic and misanthrope because of this ****. i can't help but think the human race is scum with of course minor exceptions.

I agree. Who the hell decided we are so great! We are the ones that are destroying the world not the animals yet they have to suffer! Just thinking about it makes me want to destroy all humans (lol name of a video game)

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 14:13

Here's a hint: "lack of empathy and violence" is a place to start. When you get your sociology degree, we'll talk. I have mine.No, it's opinion on whether child abuse is just as bad.

@Dave: Yeah, animal cruelty is disgusting. I shouldn't have really dragged child abuse into this.

EDIT: Thank you PARANOIA! :)

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:13
I agree. Who the hell decided we are so great! We are the ones that are destroying the world not the animals yet they have to suffer! Just thinking about it makes me want to destroy all humans (lol name of a video game)

A pessimist at such a young age. Sigh.

Someone needs to find faith in Christ.

trXD
22-09-07, 14:14
You seem to think I'm not saying that... how did you get that idea???

Take each problem on based on it's own horrible merits.

They both have the same problems

myrmaad
22-09-07, 14:14
Ever hear of Bacon's Rebellion? Or the Revolution of the Bolsheviks? Or even the Civil War, the American Revolution, etc.. People will constantly lash out against legislation. It's not set in stone, and a revolution can change anything quite dramatically, because people refuse to be restrained. It's only a matter of time before the Constitution is burned in a bonfire.

This argument illustrates your ignorance. :D

Scientific studies were all conducted by scientists with agendas and opinions. No study is 100% accurate; just look at global warming. Mad Tony is in every aspect as right as you, degree or not.

This one, too. You are free to ignore any fact you want to.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 14:15

Agreed. :whi: Cheer up man. :p

trXD
22-09-07, 14:16

Christ is such a load of crap! I seriously dont belive there is a god that is against gay people and looks after the world. There is absolutley no logic in it!

Besides my age shouldnt withdraw my belifes!

Edit: That first paragraph was a little out of order. Sorry man but its just what i think

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:16
This argument illustrates your ignorance. :D

This one, too. You are free to ignore any fact you want to.

Thank you for not constructively responding to my arguments, and instead using a logical fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule). This comforts me in the fact that I have won them. As someone with a sociological degree, you of all people should know that!

Andariel
22-09-07, 14:17

christ isn't going to change anything that happens in this world. being a pessimist, at least about people, proves they have wisdom.

tweetygwee
22-09-07, 14:17
Christ is such a load of crap! I seriously dont belive there is a god that is against gay people and looks after the world. There is absolutley no logic in it!

Edit: That first paragraph was a little out of order. Sorry man but its just what i think

Whatever your beliefs are, you have to learn to see the beauty in the world or you're never going to get anywhere. :)

myrmaad
22-09-07, 14:18

I suppose it was just a matter of time. I leave you to your ignorance. As long as people take this position, I must whole-heartedly agree with trXD's assessment, there ain't much hope for the human race.

interstellardave
They both have the same problems

Yeah, but I'm just saying that we should be talking about animal abuse... comparing it to child abuse and saying it is less bad than child abuse--as some are--is a distraction from how horrible this is. It's a debate that has no place when you're just talking about one or the other.

It's like seeing a stranger get killed... then seeing the closest person to you in this life get killed. Of course you'll feel worse about the second one... but it doesn't mean, upon seeing a stranger get killed you should say "well at least they weren't important to me"!

danitiwa

Anti religious much? O.o I'm not Christian, but that was a tad rough.

trXD
christ isn't going to change anything that happens in this world. being a pessimist, at least about people, proves they have wisdom.

Yeah and it proves that just because of my age i dont have to live in the world of fairy tales. I can belive what i think is true

Mad Tony
Whatever you're beliefs are, you have to learn to see the beauty in the world or you're never going to get anywhere. :)Agreed. How about focusing on the good points as well as the bad in the world?

Vertigo
I`m vegetarian and I don`t wear fur. Animal cruelty is just same faschism. I`m a human, but I hate humans! Coz the R cruel, agressive creeps!

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:19
I suppose it was just a matter of time. I leave you to your ignorance. As long as people take this position, I must whole-heartedly agree with trXD's assessment, there ain't much hope for the human race.

Calling people ignorant as you are won't solve moral problems. Why do you do it?

Life sucks. Look at it from another angle. That's optimism. Looking at it from "life sucks, and that's all there is to it" is pessimistic and narrow.

myrmaad
Thank you for not constructively responding to my arguments, and instead using a logical fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule). This comforts me in the fact that I have won them. As someone with a sociological degree, you of all people should know that!

Yes you have won! I'm tired of talking to you. Why waste my time? I have better things to do than attempt to educate an imbecile.

trXD
Anti religious much? O.o I'm not Christian, but that was a tad rough.

Yeah thats why i apologised on my edit. But its what i belive and im not going to withdraw it

interstellardave
22-09-07, 14:20
I`m vegetarian and I don`t wear fur. Animal cruelty is just same faschism. I`m a human, but I hate humans! Coz the R cruel, agressive creeps!

Your heart is in the right place... but you have drawn bad conclusions!

PARANOIA
Yes you have won! I'm tired of talking to you. Why waste my time? I have better things to do than attempt to educate an imbecile.

O yes, please educate me O College Graduate, I need to know how much of an ignorant person I am, rather than have facts thrown at me. I am not worthy of Ye Facts!

Mad Tony
I`m vegetarian and I don`t wear fur. Animal cruelty is just same faschism. I`m a human, but I hate humans! Coz the R cruel, agressive creeps!Lol. So I guess that means you are a cruel agressive creep too. :)

Oh, and it's fascism ;)

trXD
Agreed. How about focusing on the good points as well as the bad in the world?

I focus on the bad points most of the time because they are more importend! Some people actually care

tweetygwee
22-09-07, 14:23
I focus on the bad points most of the time because they are more importend! Some people actually care

It's not a matter of not caring. It's trying to get on with your life whatever evil there may be in the world, i.e., optimism.

Off topic (well, kind of on topic): :vlol: I don't think I've ever seen such a debate! There are about 4 defined arguments going on at once!

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:23

What can you, a 12-year-old child, do about racism, Communism, Fascism, Zionism, enthusiastic jihadism, war, nuclear tension, pollution, poverty, global warming, meteorite impacts, supervolcanoes, outsourcing, illegal immigration, nano robots, etc.? Can you rally up a group of people at the same age and bring them together to just stop it all?

No, you can't.

trXD
22-09-07, 14:25
What can you, a 12-year-old child, do about racism, Communism, Fascism, Zionism, enthusiastic jihadism, war, nuclear tension, pollution, poverty, global warming, meteorite impacts, supervolcanoes, outsourcing, illegal immigration, nano robots, etc.? Can you rally up a group of people at the same age and bring them together to just stop it all?

No, you can't.

I can try! I wont be 12 forever and until then i can at least help the planet

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:26
I can try! I wont be 12 forever and until then i can at least help the planet

That alone comforts me. :)

Andariel
22-09-07, 14:26
it's wrong to dust something like animal cruelty under the rug. ignorance isn't right and it doesn't lead to progress. those people who killed the cat deserve something quite harsh unlike a fine in return.

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:27
it's wrong to dust something like animal cruelty under the rug. ignorance isn't right and it doesn't lead to progress. those people who killed the cat deserve something quite harsh unlike a fine in return.

Nobody disagrees with you there.

trXD
22-09-07, 14:27
That alone comforts me. :)

Are you being ageist!?

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 14:28
Are you being ageist!?God, what is it with you an accusing people of being ageist?

trXD
22-09-07, 14:29
God, what is it with you an accusing people of being ageist?

Well he did say that it comferts him that i wont be 12 forever. That was the hint

Andariel
22-09-07, 14:30
Nobody disagrees with you there.
well then why don't you grow up and stop nit-picking somene because of their age? with this topic you should be focusing on the opinions and facts trXD presents.

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:30
Are you being ageist!?

No. Maturity is a very important stage in your life. It's around then that one starts to become more aware of his/her surroundings, he/she begins to think more logically, and his/her reasoning becomes multi-dimensional rather than just a black-white perspective. I am not in any way being ageist, but rather, I am pleased that you are taking such a strong opinion at such a young age. You will further be able to more logically and rationally develop it at - say - 16.

well then why don't you grow up and stop nit-picking somene because of their age? with this topic you should be focusing on the opinions and facts trXD represents.Read my post.

As smart as trXD is, she can certainly become even smarter at an older age.

I think this thread needs to start over, we've all begun to hate and faction each other for some reason.

tweetygwee
22-09-07, 14:31
Are you being ageist!?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but no it's not your age but your maturity, and although you are comepletely right in thinking animal cruelty is very bad, the way you present your arguments isn't very mature.

trXD
well then why don't you grow up and stop nit-picking somene because of their age? with this topic you should be focusing on the opinions and facts trXD represents.

Thanks for sticking up for me andariel:)

Its nice to see someone that isnt heavily influenced by society

myrmaad
No. Maturity is a very important stage in your life. It's around then that one starts to become more aware of his/her surroundings, he/she begins to think more logically, and his/her reasoning becomes multi-dimensional rather than just a black-white perspective. I am not in any way being ageist, but rather, I am pleased that you are taking such a strong opinion at such a young age. You will further be able to more logically and rationally develop it at - say - 16.

Read my post.

Actually the adolescent brain finishes developing around age 25. <- Scientific Fact.

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:32
Actually the adolescent brain finishes developing around age 25. <- Scientific Fact.

Right. I never said it stopped at 16, I was just using a milestone.

trXD
22-09-07, 14:32
I don't mean to sound harsh, but no it's not your age but your maturity, and although you are right in thinking animal cruelty is very bad, the way you present your arguments isn't very mature.

If its maturity then he could pick on me with that and not with my age! It is possible to be young and mature at the same time

Andariel
22-09-07, 14:33
can we get back to the original poster's topic? :p

trXD
22-09-07, 14:34
This thread has gotton out of hand now. Im sorry to all the people that i insulted but my opinions stand. Im leaving the thread to prevent me from getting angry again:wve:

Andariel
22-09-07, 14:38
i think we can all agree animal cruelty is wrong and the people deserve to be bled like hogs. :p

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 14:39
i think we can all agree animal cruelty is wrongYep. :)

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 14:40
i think we can all agree animal cruelty is wrong and the people deserve to be bled like hogs. :p

I'll get the grinder!

Andariel
22-09-07, 14:43
i think this is why i love BloodRayne so much. :jmp:

raiderfun
22-09-07, 14:49

This is sure, but concerning earlier's topic , of course Child abuse is much more dangerous than animal cruelty.

interstellardave
22-09-07, 15:01
If someone can wantonly and joyfully kill an animal, they can do the same thing to a person, child or not. They lack empathy. They are dangerous. They are killers. There is no difference, ultimately.

Greenkey2
22-09-07, 15:01
Okay folks, enough with the flaming and back on topic.

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 15:09
Okay folks, enough with the flaming and back on topic.

:vlol: A bit late? :D

Greenkey2
22-09-07, 15:11
:vlol: A bit late? :D

One of the perils of not being online 24/7 :p I notice you were the one who reported the thread though ;)

PARANOIA
22-09-07, 15:15
One of the perils of not being online 24/7 :p I notice you were the one who reported the thread though ;)

Acting in the heat of the moment, I guess. Thanks for coming out anyway. :)

kryptonite23
Diffent animals have different moods that cause them tp have feeligs which hurt us. :)

raiderfun
Jenni , I guess you couldn't answer the thread , because you were so shocked , weren't you ? :mis:

kooky
22-09-07, 15:26
How terrible, people who abuse their pets, That is Sick... :(

kryptonite23
22-09-07, 15:28
How terrible, people who abuse pets are :censored:... :(
They are also a murderer. :o

kooky
22-09-07, 15:31
They are also a murderer. :o

These people are Terrible for Killing their own pets, It makes me so that I want to cry... http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/sad0056.gif

raiderfun
22-09-07, 15:43
But I realised that this person didn't want to kill his cat because the cat did something wrong to him. He called someone , and then he started taking him in video, which means they've wanted to show to everybody the cat's death.

badboy70
22-09-07, 15:45
But I realised that this person didn't want to kill his cat because the cat did something wrong to him. He called someone , and then he started taking him in video, which means they've wanted to show to everybody the cat's death.
I don't see what a cat could could do terribly wrong to kill it....

raiderfun
22-09-07, 15:51
I don't see what a cat could could do terribly wrong to kill it....

Me neither , but there are many people who get annoyed quickly , for example if the cat scratch someone, or just accidetally stroke down something precious,etc...

badboy70
22-09-07, 15:58
Me neither , but there are many people who get annoyed quickly , for example if the cat scratch someone, or just accidetally stroke down something precious,etc...
I tihnk they should have some sort of test or something alike to see wheter people can have pets or not.
So they won't give animals to random people that go asking for them

ThomasCroft
22-09-07, 15:59
That video made me sick. How can those ****ing ****s do that? I just want to stab them and watch them bleed a horrifyingly painful death in front of all their friends and family. *******s.

Mad Tony
22-09-07, 16:06
That video made me sick. How can those ****ing ****s do that? I just want to stab them and watch them bleed a horrifyingly painful death in front of all their friends and family. *******s.That's worrying. :eek:

Mr.Burns
22-09-07, 16:08
That's worrying. :eek:

Given the attitudes expressed on this thread so far, you shouldn't be shocked. :p

interstellardave
22-09-07, 16:11
This is General Chat... some of the younger folk are, of course, prone to lash out in their outrage and say things they really don't mean... it's the nature of being young and idealistic. When you're older you can be outraged without condeming people to gruesome death--or indicting the entire human race, as some do, LOL!

Forever_Laras_56
22-09-07, 16:14
That video made me sick. How can those ****ing ****s do that? I just want to stab them and watch them bleed a horrifyingly painful death in front of all their friends and family. *******s.

you said it that vid was horrifying! how could some one have fun doing such a thing!

ThomasCroft
22-09-07, 16:15
This is General Chat... some of the younger folk are, of course, prone to lash out in their outrage and say things they really don't mean... it's the nature of being young and idealistic. When you're older you can be outraged without condeming people to gruesome death--or indicting the entire human race, as some do, LOL!

You're right. I don't really think I'd do that.

I'd mutilate them first.

raiderfun
22-09-07, 16:18
I tihnk they should have some sort of test or something alike to see wheter people can have pets or not.
So they won't give animals to random people that go asking for them

Interesting Idea ! But the sellers do not care about customer's thoughts , they just want to sell the animals and earn money.... :rolleyes: