PDA

View Full Version : Forest Gump

danitiwa
22-09-07, 14:45
Just saw it for the first time yesterday, Tom Hanks has truly outdone himself in this one. :tmb: I almost cried when he was talking to Jenny's grave. :tmb: It is definately going on my list of best movies. Who else loves it?

Earthcane
22-09-07, 15:01
Yeah, sure! Its a gret movie, a classic. I especially like the scenes set in Vietnam,
when he goes back to save all his comrades but couldnt save Bubba. Its so sad!!

Dakaruch
22-09-07, 15:10
Forrest Gump? :p
yes the film is good, i loved it. and it have some hilarious parts, which was good!
*bullet in the arse* :p
and the vietnam part was very sad :tmb:

Joe_16
22-09-07, 15:13
How had you not seen it before yesterday? Quite surprising that.

myrmaad
22-09-07, 15:14

We've owned it since it came out on DVD, and I've never watched it.

Kerrigan
22-09-07, 15:18
Yes, "Forest Gump" is an impressive film.It has a special mood.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 15:51
We've never had it on video/dvd. :wve: We saw it really cheap at a video store yesterday and bought it.

Sedge
22-09-07, 16:16
One of my favourites, yes. ^_^
The way Hanks acts, just.. incredibly credible.

xcrushterx
22-09-07, 16:19
Great movie :D

Yet so sad :(

RAID
22-09-07, 16:28
Anything with Tom Hanks in it is crap. I've seen this movie, Cast Away, The Terminal and even The Green Mile. I don't like this actor at all.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 16:29
Anything with Tom Hanks in it is crap. I've seen this movie, Cast Away, The Terminal and even The Green Mile. I don't like this actor at all.

I think he's brilliant! What about Toy Story? :p

Sedge
22-09-07, 16:32
Hm, can I ask you why.. ? O.o

danitiwa
22-09-07, 16:35
Hm, can I ask you why.. ? O.o

Me too! I think he's one of the best american actors ever! :yik:

Earthcane
22-09-07, 16:49
Toy Story Rocks!!

Mr. Potato Head: How come you don't have a laser, Woody?
Woody: It's not a laser. It's a little lightbulb that blinks.
Hamm: What's with him?
Mr. Potato Head: Laser envy.

[Buzz opens his wings, freeing himself and Woody from the rocket before it blows up; they begin to glide through the air]
Woody: Hey, Buzz! You're flying!
Buzz: This isn't flying, it's falling...with style!

I agree, Tom Hanks is an excellent actor. He was graet in things like Apollo 13,
Philadelphia, Road to Perdition, Catch Me If You Can, and ( my fave), Castaway.
It was tear-jerking when he lost Wilson on the raft!!

For Tom's sake, lets just not mention the whole Da Vinci Code fiasco ;)

danitiwa
22-09-07, 16:51
I know lol, Wilson; when he starts screaming, it kind of sadens you how pathetic he got. :vlol: :p

Back on topic: Little Forest is so CUTE! :jmp:

xcrushterx
22-09-07, 16:56
Don't forget the money pit :D

Earthcane
22-09-07, 17:04
Forrest Gump has just too many memorable quotes:

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get

Mamma said stupid is as stupid does!

Now, I don't know much about anything, but I think some of American's best young men served in this war. There was Dallas, from Phoenix. Cleveland, he was from Detroit. And Tex was, well, I don't remember where Tex come from.

Lyndon B. Johnson: [Putting medal on Forrest] America owes you a debt of gratitude, son. Now I understand you were wounded. Where were you hit?
Forrest Gump: In the buttocks, Sir.
Lyndon B. Johnson: Oh that must be a sight.

ROFL!!

danitiwa
22-09-07, 17:06
Love the way he talks: Like the way he says: But-tox. :D

RAID
22-09-07, 17:08
Basically I think he's too slow and quite. Boring in a word.

Sedge
22-09-07, 17:11
Me too! I think he's one of the best american actors ever! :yik:
One of the best around there, definitely! ^__^ *nods*

It was tear-jerking when he lost Wilson on the raft!!
I know lol, Wilson; when he starts screaming, it kind of sadens you how pathetic he got. :vlol: :p
*fiercer nods*
Heart-breaking.
Totally. ;_;

*cough*
Ahem, Forrest Gump, yes. The whole movie is just.. a total master-piece. Mix of drama and comedy, can't even count how many times I've seen it..
Not as many as Cast Away though. :whi:

Has anyone read the book it's based on? I heard it differs a lot.. O.o

MrBear
22-09-07, 17:16
yeah, I like the movie :) but I like the main theme even more, very beatiful...

and now that you're mentioning other movies starring him, what about Saving Private Ryan? ;)

Earthcane
22-09-07, 17:19

and now that you're mentioning other movies starring him, what about Saving Private Ryan? ;)
Private Ryan was pretty good, but i wasnt prepared for how violent the opening scenes were. I knew the film was about the D-Day Landings, but I was just blown away by the scale of that opener. It just cuts to the chase.

Alex Fly
22-09-07, 17:23
It's a superb movie and Tom Hanks does an excellent performance in it. He's a great actor. :)

knutroald
22-09-07, 17:31
Oh, I loved that movie! one of the best movies I've seen- ever.:D

I loved the theme too:D

Luba
22-09-07, 17:34
The movie is one of best ones that have ever been shot. (at least I've ever seen)

Kerrigan
22-09-07, 17:34
Speaking of "Cast Away", I loved that movie.The part when he loses Wilson always gets me.:D
And Tom Hanks's acting is very good, obviously.

Earthcane
22-09-07, 17:40
I first saw Toy Story when I was 5. So i geuss Tom Hanks is really important to me, I grew up watching his movies. ;)

I thot Tom Hanks was excellent in the Green Mile, even tho the movie was a bit slow in parts. Michael Clarke Duncan is really cool, too:

" Do you want some cornbread , Mr, Jingles?"

Hee Hee

Mr.Burns
22-09-07, 17:51

What about: The Burbs, Big, Sleepless in Seattle, Apollo 13, Joe vs the Volcano (not one of his best), Saving Private Ryan? C'mon, you're telling me you didn't like any of these either? :)

Seriously though, if you don't like him, that's fine, just wondering if you have seen more of his work then what you've listed. :wve:

Before I forget: Loved Forrest Gump. Very good movie, him and Gary Senise make a good duo. :tmb:

Earthcane
22-09-07, 18:03
What about: The Burbs, Big, Sleepless in Seattle, Apollo 13, Joe vs the Volcano (not one of his best), Saving Private Ryan? C'mon, you're telling me you didn't like any of these either? :)

Seriously though, if you don't like him, that's fine, just wondering if you have seen more of his work then what you've listed. :wve:

Before I forget: Loved Forrest Gump. Very good movie, him and Gary Senise make a good duo. :tmb:

Oh, i completely forgot about The Burbs!! That film was great- really funny, but had a sinister side told in a tongue-in-cheek style. (Also, the appearance of Carrie Fisher was
great for Star Wars fans :D:)

I loved the scene where Tom Hanks looks out his window during the night and sees the hooded figures digging graves in their lawn ;)

vespertea
22-09-07, 18:06
I saw the first thirty minutes a long, long time ago and wound up hating it. But now I want to go back and give it a second chance.. I think I was too young to appreciate it back then, and everyone raves about how awesome it is whenever it's brought up in conversation.

Angelus
22-09-07, 19:20
I have seen tons of films, but I still haven't seen this film, and I don't really plan to. Tom Hanks isn't the best actor in the world.

And that's putting it nicely.

danitiwa
22-09-07, 19:21
/\
No, Johnny Depp is... :cln: :p

Angelus
22-09-07, 19:29
/\
No, Johnny Depp is... :cln: :p

My top three favourite actors are Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. :D

Angel_14
22-09-07, 19:31
I've seen Forest Gump and I don't really like it... But Tom Hanks is indeed a really good actor

danitiwa
22-09-07, 21:09
Tom Cruise. :D
I wouldn't even classify him as an actor, more like a stuntman. Acting is really hard.

Angelus
22-09-07, 21:16
I wouldn't even classify him as an actor, more like a stuntman. Acting is really hard.

Tom Cruise is a fantastic actor!

Have you seen Interview With the Vampire? Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are fantastic in it!

danitiwa
22-09-07, 21:23

Have you seen Interview With the Vampire? Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are fantastic in it!
I think Bruce is pretty ok, but Tom is meehhh....
My favorite Actors are

1.Johnny Depp
2.Helena Bonham Carter
3.Meryl Streep
:wve:

Anyway: Back on topic folks! :p

MrBear
22-09-07, 21:24
My top three favourite actors are Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. :D

now there's another interesting subject... of course the actors you mention are nice in their grand Hollywood productions, but personally I would go for something like, I don't know, Peter Falk as Columbo; and... ehm... 2 minutes later and I honestly don't know who to pick... too hard I guess :p but oh, definitely at least one of the 3 male actors from A Fish Called Wanda: John Cleese, Michael Palin and Kevin Kline... or Matthew What's-His-Name-Again? (Chandler from 'Friends' ;) ) for his role in The Whole Nine Yards.. oh, but I could go on for hours!

Edit: you are of course right, Dani ... let's save the favourite actor subject for another time :)

Ampersand
22-09-07, 21:25
I vaguely remember seeing this film and enjoying it, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was actually about. xD I don't mind Tom Hanks, he's a pretty good actor.

Earthcane
22-09-07, 21:43

Tom "You had me at Hello" Cruise? He's so small, you could step on him! (lol, only kidding.)

Seriously tho, ive heard "Interview" is supposed to be amazing.
Really dark and Gothic. Kirsten Dunst is in it, isnt she?

I have a goth friend who read the book. She told me that she became so immeresed in the whole idea of a Vampire aristocracy- one day while reading it on the bus, she actually thot she was a vampire and turned up her nose at all the 'lesser' people!

Yeah, i must watch the movie. I love vampire fiction.:D

Angelus
22-09-07, 21:48
Tom "You had me at Hello" Cruise? He's so small, you could step on him! (lol, only kidding.)

Seriously tho, ive heard "Interview" is supposed to be amazing.
Really dark and Gothic. Kirsten Dunst is in it, isnt she?

I have a goth friend who read the book. She told me that she became so immeresed in the whole idea of a Vampire aristocracy- one day while reading it on the bus, she actually thot she was a vampire and turned up her nose at all the 'lesser' people!

Yeah, i must watch the movie. I love vampire fiction.:D

Yes, it's a fantastic film, and the book is even better. :tmb:

I love vampire fiction too. :)

Admles
23-09-07, 07:31
Funny thing, if you ever read the Forrest Gump novel, Tom Hanks was actually a poor choice.

Forrest was supposed to be a very big, strong man, and a wrestler.

Also, the original Forrest was an idiot savant, with awesome mathematical abilities (scoring an A in physics I believe).

He also had a homosexual relationship as a boy.

In typical Hollywood style, they butchered it to make more money.

nicola1986
23-09-07, 10:34
I loved the film, Tom Hanks is a legend, I always enjoy his films.

It made me cry loads, it was so sad sometimes and then funny, a real rollercoaster :D