PDA

View Full Version : Fair motherland...

Pages : [1] 2

la-la-lara
23-09-07, 14:17
What is it that you find really annoying about your country and its people? Everybody loves his home, after all he's lucky to have one, but there must be something that bugs you. No specific terms here, anything.
Close the thread if it is :spm:, or if it violates any rules.
Regards.

PARANOIA
23-09-07, 14:40
The people of the United States is known to have a collectively lower intelligence than the rest of the world, hence their need for government warning labels, government-funded programs, government taxes, government restrictions, and basically just a government. The country was founded to be based on a constitutional republic, but some idiots turned it into a democracy, and I don't know why, for a democracy - by its very name - is a mob rule.

Geck-o-Lizard
23-09-07, 15:12
Neds. The social cancer of Britain.

Bonez
23-09-07, 15:36

Agreed.

Dakaruch
23-09-07, 15:42
Neds?

the worst thing here in Portugal is the self comformism!
everyone is conformated with what is happening, so they don't even bother to do something to avoid that!

ThomasCroft
23-09-07, 15:53
Guns, drugs, constant stabbings, despicable youths, broken society, underage sex, bullying etc. etc.

Voni
23-09-07, 15:57
Guns, drugs, constant stabbings, despicable youths, broken society, underage sex, bullying etc. etc.

You've taken the words out of my mouth.

nicola1986
23-09-07, 15:58

Yup same here.

Angel_14
23-09-07, 16:00
People here sometimes are so damn selfish, big-headed and/or don't give a damn about the other person, that it drives me mad.

Nannonxyay
23-09-07, 16:39
Chavs, crime, chavs. Oh wait I already said that. *Cough* Chavs *Cough*

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 17:00
Guns, drugs, constant stabbings, despicable youths, broken society, underage sex, bullying etc. etc.Indeed. Let me add one more thing to that.

The fact that we have to be very careful when saying words like blackboard through fears of "offending" someone.

Bonez
23-09-07, 17:13
The fact that we have to be very careful when saying words like blackboard through fears of "offending" someone.

:hea: Yes!

If its a board. And it happens to be Black. Then its a blackboard. I don't understand how that could be racist...

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 17:14
:hea: Yes!

If its a board. And it happens to be Black. Then its a blackboard. I don't understand how that could be racist...Just the way society is these days unfortunately.

Laras Backpack
23-09-07, 17:21
United Kingdom: A warped and insincere sense of political correctness used by politicians to make them seem 'down with the kids' when real instances, causes and effects of racism, sexism, homophobia etc are left ignored or under-studied.

Youth crime dragging down inner-cities and this is made worse by the communities of those cities saying that 'the police don't do enough' and then going on to say that the 'never talk to the police' because they don't trust them! It goes both ways people- with no communication there can be no action. :rolleyes:

An obsession with being famous when a majority of people have no exceptional show-biz talents. Mediocrity in our entertainment industry. :mad:

Bureaucracy. Everywhere. :hea:

Forwen
23-09-07, 17:32
Tendency to shoot themselves in the foot on a historical scale. Perpetual need for an enemy. Settling for mediocre solutions when better are available.

Bah, don't get me started.

tr_mitch
23-09-07, 17:34
The weather is my only criticism.

Apofiss
23-09-07, 17:36
Hmm lets see... corruptibility, corruptibility and again corruptibility in EVERY state instance.

tomblover
23-09-07, 17:51
No offense, but in Sweden it's way too many immigrants from all sorts of countries. (Mostly muslim countries.)

Kerrigan
23-09-07, 17:53
People here can be rude and very narrow-minded, unfair and trapped into anachronic mechanisms of thinking that don't do them any good.Recent historical events have been a plague for my country and have hurt many people.Over the last 17 years, it is constantly said that this general confusion is due to the transition we're going through, but this state seems endless.OK, I know it sounds gruesome, my generation is much luckier but I'm under the impression of films I've seen (a particular shocking one, lately) and things I've read and heard.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 17:56
No offense, but in Sweden it's way too many immigrants from all sorts of countries. (Mostly muslim countries.)Same here.

The government really need to put tighter controls on immigration here. We're just too over-populated. It's a miracle that we actually have enough water and power for everyone.

Izzie404
23-09-07, 18:08
The people of the United States is known to have a collectively lower intelligence than the rest of the world, hence their need for government warning labels, government-funded programs, government taxes, government restrictions, and basically just a government. The country was founded to be based on a constitutional republic, but some idiots turned it into a democracy, and I don't know why, for a democracy - by its very name - is a mob rule.

I have to agree with you. America can be pretty ignorant at times.
I believe that the country was going to not even have a national government, but things started getting out of hand, so they decided to take action, that's when they formed the weak, primary governement under the Articles of Confederation, but then that didn't work because of not functioning, or something, then they formed the Constitutional Convention, chose the Virginia Plan, and created the Constitution-thingy. I believe that's what the order is... I'm still not sure why we had to create a national government in the first place..

danitiwa
23-09-07, 18:09
What is it that you find really annoying about your country and its people? Everybody loves his home, after all he's lucky to .
Or hers, so technically it's their. :p

(Sorry, I'm a spelling/grammatical perfectionist. XD)

My mom shouts A LOT.

la-la-lara
23-09-07, 18:55
Or hers, so technically it's their. :p

(Sorry, I'm a spelling/grammatical perfectionist. XD)

My mom shouts A LOT.

:) Sorry for any spelling/grammatical errors, English is not my native language. Nevertheless, the message is got across.:ton:

Dez
23-09-07, 18:56
The yob culture and mad political correctness in the UK- I read somewhere that some teachers aren't allowed to use red pen on pupils' work in case it upsets them in some way!:confused:

Geck-o-Lizard
23-09-07, 18:59

Actually, we really don't. We get preached to about political correctness, but seriously, nobody gives a rat's backside about it unless they're deliberately trying to stir trouble. Do you honestly frequently encounter people offended by phrases like "blackboard" and "piggybank"?

tomblover
23-09-07, 19:02
Same here.

The government really need to put tighter controls on immigration here. We're just too over-populated. It's a miracle that we actually have enough water and power for everyone. Uh huh.

I hear "Yo mama" every day. :vlol:

Legend of Lara
23-09-07, 19:03
Think the UK gets screwed over in the video game department? Come to Iceland. It's MUCH worse here!

At least the PS3 was launched on time here! :D

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 19:06
Actually, we really don't. We get preached to about political correctness, but seriously, nobody gives a rat's backside about it unless they're deliberately trying to stir trouble. Do you honestly frequently encounter people offended by phrases like "blackboard" and "piggybank"?I didn't put my point across properly, I think. I think it's the fact that the government think it offends people, when it doesn't.

tweetygwee
23-09-07, 19:06
United Kingdom: A warped and insincere sense of political correctness used by politicians to make them seem 'down with the kids' when real instances, causes and effects of racism, sexism, homophobia etc are left ignored or under-studied.

Youth crime dragging down inner-cities and this is made worse by the communities of those cities saying that 'the police don't do enough' and then going on to say that the 'never talk to the police' because they don't trust them! It goes both ways people- with no communication there can be no action. :rolleyes:

An obsession with being famous when a majority of people have no exceptional show-biz talents. Mediocrity in our entertainment industry. :mad:

Bureaucracy. Everywhere. :hea:

Agreed on every point :tmb:

Geck-o-Lizard
23-09-07, 19:08
I didn't put my point across properly, I think. I think it's the fact that the government think it offends people, when it doesn't.

But it has next to no influence whatsoever on our everyday lives, so it can't really count as one of the things you hate most about the country unless you're just petty, or a philosopher, and you've never struck me as the latter.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 19:10
But it has next to no influence whatsoever on our everyday lives, so it can't really count as one of the things you hate most about the country unless you're just petty, or a philosopher, and you've never struck me as the latter.It's not the thing I hate most about the country, but political correctness here has gotten a bit out of hand.

george_croft
23-09-07, 19:11
Uh huh.

Seriously TL, are you running low on energy and water? Is someone stealing your job from you? Did someone open up that Pizza place you always dreamed of opening? You probably know what i'm talking about, right? Imigrants in Sweden are not a problem, its the way the country handles them...

Anyways, here's Sweden's problems:
The swede's tend to be cold/bitter/boring, and wont let people express their feelings. Seriously, if you try to be even a tiny bit different here, your ****ed. Everyone should just wear the same clothes, have the same skin-color, and never, i mean NEVER be different.:rolleyes:

tweetygwee
23-09-07, 19:13
It's not the thing I hate most about the country, but political correctness here has gotten a bit out of hand.

I agree. It's not much of a problem to us, as Geck-o-Lizard says, but it gives me the message that the government is a bit out of touch with reality.

la-la-lara
23-09-07, 19:14
So, back to the point, there is a huge problem with nerds in Greece, too. It even influences the quality and duration of interpersonal relationships, particularly among schoolchildren. That's insane, isn't it? And completely absurd, too. How can teenagers turn down their co-equals, because they study a lot, or because they have high ambitions? And in this case, it's definitely not jealousy, in my opinion, but much to my surprise, I cannot appoint what it is. They made their choice and it should be either respected or ignored, not laughed at. And if those guys make you feel nice, then they should belong to your company, no matter what. I'm categorical, as you will probably assume, but I'd like to know your own views on this.

Geck-o-Lizard
23-09-07, 19:20
political correctness here has gotten a bit out of hand.

No it hasn't. Pray show me how the government's fanaticism with PC has adversely affected your day-to-day life.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 19:24
No it hasn't. Pray show me how the government's fanaticism with PC has adversely affected your day-to-day life.I never said it affected me a great deal, but it's still a bit OTT.

xcrushterx
23-09-07, 19:25
:tmb: Nicely put lol. Most neds wisen up eventually - I know a lot of ex-neds who have good jobs, homes and a family :)

Geck-o-Lizard
23-09-07, 19:26
I never said it affected me a great deal, but it's still a bit OTT.

If it barely affects you, in what way is it OTT? What is there to complain about?

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 19:32
If it barely affects you, in what way is it OTT? What is there to complain about?Ok, here's an example. At my school (and all other schools I believe) have to do RE as compulsory yet the other 2 humanities subjects are optional (I've just taken my option btw).

My mom and step dad said that back in their day they didn't have to take RE. Why must everyone take RE but not History and Geography? Political correctness.

Geck-o-Lizard
23-09-07, 19:36
Alright. Tell me what RE and political correctness have to do with each other. Personally, I thought the subject was about reducing cultural ignorance, so people wouldn't go to college and go "duhhh?" when their Muslim friend mentions the Qur'an.

At my school, you had it for one hour a week for your first two years, then you drop it when you pick your subjects.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 19:39
Alright. Tell me what RE and political correctness have to do with each other. Personally, I thought it was about reducing cultural ignorance.Well, the whole Britain and multi-culturalism is getting a bit stupid. Britain seems to be losing it's identity. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with multi-culturalism, but like I said, we're losing our identity.

In my whole schooling life I've pretty much learnt tons and tons about Islam and a bit about Christianity. Why not Judaism or Buddhism?

Cochrane
23-09-07, 19:43
Germany likes to put regulations on just about everything. Minimum height for seats, stair measurements, ratio of window size to rest of wall - if you look long enough, you will find a regulation regulating it, and lots of bureaucracy. Of course, after being in a third-world country (like Scotland) for a few weeks, you do learn to appreciate if things actually work, thanks to such regulations.

Then, of course, there are the other usual items, such as incompetent politicians, a dysfunctional health care and retirement system and so on. A particular issue I also don't like is that there is too much power in the individual states. Why do different states need different education systems, for example? That only makes things more difficult for everyone. A similar issue, all states are responsible for non-smoking laws, so they all differ. Here, in Lower Saxony, I can expect to go into a restaurant and actually breathe, but when visiting Berlin, I still risk being suffocated.

xcrushterx
23-09-07, 19:44
Well, the whole Britain and multi-culturalism is getting a bit stupid. Britain seems to be losing it's identity. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with multi-culturalism, but like I said, we're losing our identity.

In my whole schooling life I've pretty much learnt tons and tons about Islam and a bit about Christianity. Why not Judaism or Buddhism?
You seem to be confusing yourself.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 19:44
You seem to be confusing yourself.No, I'm not. I'm just not good at putting my point into words.

xcrushterx
23-09-07, 19:45
No, I'm not. I'm just not good at putting my point into words.
Thus, confusing yourself.

Geck-o-Lizard
23-09-07, 19:45
How the heck is RE an effect of a country losing its identity? Not only is that complete rubbish - the UK is most certainly not losing its identity - Religious Ed is just that, education, informing you about the most basic elements of - what - three of the world's most popular religions; Christianity, Islam, Judaism. To argue that this is purely political correctness is to argue in favour of deliberate ignorance and stupidity.

Gotta go. Sort your head out, kid.

Cochrane
23-09-07, 19:46
Trust me on this one: As long as you british guys don't start driving on the correct side of the road, nobody will ever confuse you with anything else, so your identity isn't in any danger. :D

Edit: I do agree with one thing, though: History is more important, or at least just as important, as religious education, and it should not be made optional.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 19:46
Thus, confusing yourself.No, thus not being able to put my point across properly. Doesn't mean I'm confused. Just means I'm not good at putting it into words. Stop having all these digs at me and nitpicking at every little thing I do.

@Geck: I just said, we've never learnt Judaism. Instead we've done Islam and some bits of Christianity over and over again.

No thanks, there's no point in fixing something if it's not broken. :)

xcrushterx
23-09-07, 19:47
No, thus not being able to put my point across properly. Doesn't mean I'm confused. Just means I'm not good at putting it into words. Stop having all these digs at me and nitpicking at every little thing I do.
What nit-picking?

la-la-lara
23-09-07, 19:50
Trust me on this one: As long as you british guys don't start driving on the correct side of the road, nobody will ever confuse you with anything else, so your identity isn't in any danger. :D

Edit: I do agree with one thing, though: History is more important, or at least just as important, as religious education, and it should not be made optional.

Unfortunately, there is no gleeful laughter smilie...
I'm evil, mean, terrible! :smk:

jackles
23-09-07, 19:52
You know ..as great as bashing the minutae of the curriculum etc is...and in my day we had RE up until the third year of secondary... I have to say that in the face of war, famine, disaster etc or goverments deciding to kill people based on their colour/religion or starving people dropping in the streets us in the western world only have little gripes in the bigger picture. Atleast we are free to leave and find a new path.

:)

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 20:08
Probably one of the things that annoys me most about Britain is underage drinking. The minimum drinking age in the United Kingdom is 18 (5 in the person's home with parental consent) yet there are many teenagers who drink.

I have a question to all the underage drinkers on this forum. Why do you do it?
You know it's illegal and you know the health risks it poses.

Zac Medley
23-09-07, 20:24
Probably one of the things that annoys me most about Britain is underage drinking. The minimum drinking age in the United Kingdom is 18 (5 in the person's home with parental consent) yet there are many teenagers who drink.

Yeah, right before I came to the U.S.A. as a student I was horrified to find out that the legal drinking age was 21! Luckily I had enough time to get a forged I.D.

xcrushterx
23-09-07, 20:24
It's fun for them.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 20:29
It's fun for them.I wasn't asking you (unless you are an underage drinker?).

Greenkey2
23-09-07, 20:30
Mad Tony, all people have the right to respond to your questions with an answer or their opinion ;)

Assassino
23-09-07, 20:30
I don't drink at all dude...and i'm almost old enough.
It's not good i've seen too many of my friends get wasted for me to join in...it's not pleasant...it's scary man.

tr_mitch
23-09-07, 20:33
Lifes so much boring when your sober 24/7 Imo. I can go out with my friends and have a good time whether I'm drinking or not, but some nights i just want to get out of my face hammered and so that is what i do.:)

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 20:36
Lifes so much boring when your sober 24/7 Imo. I can go out with my friends and have a good time whether I'm drinking or not, but some nights i just want to get out of my face hammered and so that is what i do.:) Fari enough, if you're of age of course.

Assassino
23-09-07, 20:38
Lifes so much boring when your sober 24/7 Imo. I can go out with my friends and have a good time whether I'm drinking or not, but some nights i just want to get out of my face hammered and so that is what i do.:)

Do you honestly think that?
When I saw my friend wasted he was a completely different guy...he couldn't stand up, he was vomiting everywhere...and I took him under my wing! I'd hate to think I looked like that when drunk.
I'm not saying drink is bad...just too much is bad and he definately had too much! I also guess if youcan take your alcohol it would make matters different...I for one can't...one bacardi at Christmas last year and I was out :pi:

tr_mitch
23-09-07, 20:39
Fari enough, if you're of age of course.

Which I'm not. It's common nowadays anyway, it's not like its out of the norm, and under aged drinking happens in every country anyway not just the Uk.

Do you honestly think that?
When I saw my friend wasted he was a completely different guy...he couldn't stand up, he was vomiting everywhere...and I took him under my wing! I'd hate to think I looked like that when drunk.
I'm not saying drink is bad...just too much is bad and he definately had too much!

Depends on the person, I can be drunk and still control myself from doing anything 'dangerous' or getting into fights with people, getting drunk isn't a bad thing... It's just knowing your limit before you go OTT.

PARANOIA
23-09-07, 20:40
Which I'm not. It's common nowadays anyway, it's not like its out of the norm, and under aged drinking happens in every country anyway not just the Uk.

That's a very dangerous line of reasoning to have. :o

Lenochka
23-09-07, 20:41
Hmm... The only thing that bugs me about my country is the lack of diversity in culture, Entertainment etc. All we ever get are English songs, movies etc. After being exposed to t.A.T.u. i kinda looked around and found that we are all missing out over here, there are so many amazing bands, actors, people etc. out there and were basically only shown the ones born and raised here and if were lucky a few from other places. I'm still puzzled on why a country built on people from all over the place be so one sided with so many things?

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 20:41
Which I'm not. It's common nowadays anyway, it's not like its out of the norm, and under aged drinking happens in every country anyway not just the Uk.So? Just because underage drinking is common doesn't make it any more acceptable. What you're doing is illegal, whether it's common or not.

I know it's not just the UK, but it's a severe problem in the UK compared to other European countries.

Assassino
23-09-07, 20:42
So? Just because underage drinking is common doesn't make it any more acceptable.

I know it's not just the UK, but it's a severe problem in the UK compared to other European countries.

Do you drink at all? Say like at Christmas or a family function?
A little is...alright I guess but you seem a no goer...like me:p

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 20:46
Do you drink at all? Say like at Christmas or a family function?
A little is...alright I guess but you seem a no goer...like me:pNope.

But I agree, the one off is ok.

tr_mitch
23-09-07, 20:50
So? Just because underage drinking is common doesn't make it any more acceptable. What you're doing is illegal, whether it's common or not.

So sue me? It's personal choice. My personal choice not yours or anybody else's for that matter, and by saying 'the one off is ok'... well now you have no leg to stand on when lecturing people that 'It's illegal'.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 21:00
So sue me? It's personal choiceOh well. Continue breaking the law.

tr_mitch
23-09-07, 21:02
Oh well. Continue breaking the law.

Oh Well. Continue being a prat. :)

xcrushterx
23-09-07, 21:03
Nope.

But I agree, the one off is ok.
You don't drink, like, at all?

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 21:03
You don't drink, like, at all?No. I'm underage. Why?

Legend of Lara
23-09-07, 21:05
You don't drink, like, at all?

Eh? I'm the same age as him and I don't drink alcohol. Ever! :confused: I can make do with Dr. Pepper. :p

xcrushterx
23-09-07, 21:07
No. I'm underage. Why?
At christmas or new year. Technically you aren't really underage on such occasions. Legally you are allowed to drink in moderation with your parents permission at the age of 14.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 21:08
At christmas or new year. Technically you aren't really underage on such occasions. Legally you are allowed to drink in moderation with your parents permission at the age of 14.No, at the age of 5. ;) Providing it's in one's home.

But no, I don't. Don't see the point.

Agent 47
23-09-07, 21:08
drinking under age is really big and clever.......been there,done that,nothing special

soon as you hit legal age it loses it's edge and isn't cool anymore..........
i say that from experience, soon as i hit legal age, it wasn't wasn't fun

i hardly ever drink now, and i'm 30 soon :D

@ Mad Tony, if today's youth want to drink and drug them self stupid..........leave them to it, if they die it's less morons on the planet for tax payers like me to pay for :D

xcrushterx
23-09-07, 21:09
No, at the age of 5. ;) Providing it's in one's home.

But no, I don't. Don't see the point.
I meant in venues.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 21:10
@ Mad Tony, if today's youth want to drink and drug them self stupid..........leave them to it, if they die it's less morons on the planet for tax payers like me to pay for :DHeh, got a point there. :D

Zac Medley
i hardly ever drink now, and i'm 30 soon :D

@ Mad Tony, if today's youth want to drink and drug them self stupid..........leave them to it, if they die it's less morons on the planet for tax payers like me to pay for :D

Wow, that's pretty cynical for someone who's not quite 30 yet.

Angelus
Indeed. Let me add one more thing to that.

I still say blackboard. It's a board that's black, so it's a blackboard.

It's the same with whiteboard.

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 21:11

It's the same with whiteboard.Indeed. So do I.

Assassino
23-09-07, 21:11
Eh? I'm the same age as him and I don't drink alcohol. Ever! :confused: I can make do with Dr. Pepper. :p

Best. Drink. EVER! \m/

tlr online
23-09-07, 21:12

It's the same with whiteboard.

I agree completely. You can thank the PC government for creating even more tension with this kind of rubbish.

Assassino
23-09-07, 21:14
Lol what made me laugh Angelus was the fact you can't say 'blacksheep' anymore:p
It's "Ba ba ethnically Originated sheep" well not exactly but you get my drift...

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 21:16
Lol what made me laugh Angelus was he fact you can't say 'blacksheep' anymore:p
It's "Ba ba ethnically coloured sheep" well not exactly but you get my drift...Oh yeah. I remember that. Don't they say bah bah rainbow sheep instead of bah bah black sheep?

It's pathetic.

Cochrane
23-09-07, 21:19
It's a possible theory that underage drinking isn't as much of a problem when it is allowed, because the thrill of it being forbidden is removed.

However, looking at my friends, both when they were underage (rules in germany are difficult, but you can drink most stuff starting at 16) and now (average 20 years), I am 100% convinced that this really doesn't work.

Zac Medley
23-09-07, 21:20
Best. Drink. EVER! \m/

Did you know that the flavor in Dr. Pepper is made out of prunes? I was surprised when I found out.

tlr online
23-09-07, 21:20
Did you know that the flavor in Dr. Pepper is made out of prunes? I was surprised when I found out.

That doesn't surprise me. I never liked the taste much.

Assassino
23-09-07, 21:23

Sings old advert song...
"Dr. Pepper! Sooo misunderstood...!"
It's the greatest drink ever...closely followed by red bull:)

tlr online
23-09-07, 21:23
Sings old advert song...
"Dr. Pepper! Sooo misunderstood...!"
It's the greatest drink ever...closely followed by red bull:)

Ew! Red Bull is even worse. I only drink it when I'm pulling an all-nighter coz it really kicks me up the butt.

Zac Medley
23-09-07, 21:25
This thread was something about homelands but seems to be mostly the issue of underage drinking.

I drank heavily from about 15 years old and most of the time had a blast. In the rare instances when I meet any of my old friends they seem to delight in repeating the old stories about all the stupid and dangerous stuff that we did. I guess the problem is when it becomes a habitual behavior it affects many of the important decisions that you make. I drank a lot, so I hung out with people who drank a lot, so I met people who drank a lot, so I dated women who drank a lot, so I married a woman who drank a lot. Problem was, when we sobered up we didn't actually like each other very much....

Ooops I'm getting serious again.

Bad Zac.

pEhouse
23-09-07, 21:26
I can't lie, I kinda like Germany. The thing that probably bugs me the most about it is the climate tho. It could be a lot warmer for my taste. I hate cold and snow. I like it hot :D About the people, hm, some are a little too rude, especially old people, don't know if that gotta do with Germany's history (which I don't like neither by the way). And a lot of people just seem boring to me, but maybe it's not them, probably it's just me being hyperactive lol

Zac Medley
23-09-07, 21:27
Ew! Red Bull is even worse. I only drink it when I'm pulling an all-nighter coz it really kicks me up the butt.

I pull all-nighters every night and I'm afraid to touch the stuff in case I freak out or something.

Elysia
23-09-07, 21:40
I can't lie, I kinda like Germany. The thing that probably bugs me the most about it is the climate tho. It could be a lot warmer for my taste. I hate cold and snow. I like it hot :D About the people, hm, some are a little too rude, especially old people, don't know if that gotta do with Germany's history (which I don't like neither by the way). And a lot of people just seem boring to me, but maybe it's not them, probably it's just me being hyperactive lol
I like Germany, too (we have family friends who live there, and I stayed with them for a month when I was younger). Everyone was so nice... :)

In the UK, it seems that the more aggressive you are, the better you get on in life. Everyone else is literally terrified of being seen as 'being rude', and so you can behave as badly as you like and get away with it - I've seen it everywhere. Want to get to the front of the queue? Throw a wobbly - everyone will let you pass just to get rid of you. Want to get your benefot money early? Threaten the person working behind the desk - the manager'll cave in in 2 seconds flat (I used to work for the welfare system, and it is actual policy not to 'aggravate people'...). Don't want to pay your train fare? Shout about your human rights and tell them they're only checking you because you're from an ethnic minority / a woman / on benefits / a teenager... :(

It's a sad state of affairs, it really is.

Zac Medley
23-09-07, 21:43
In the UK, it seems that the more aggressive you are, the better you get on in life. Everyone else is literally terrified of being seen as 'being rude', and so you can behave as badly as you like and get away with it - I've seen it everywhere. Want to get to the front of the queue? Throw a wobbly - everyone will let you pass just to get rid of you. Want to get your benefot money early? Threaten the person working behind the desk - the manager'll cave in in 2 seconds flat (I used to work for the welfare system, and it is actual policy not to 'aggravate people'...). Don't want to pay your train fare? Shout about your human rights and tell them they're only checking you because you're from an ethnic minority / a woman / on benefits / a teenager... :(

That's not just the UK. There are people here in the U.S. who make a way of life out of behaving that way.

PARANOIA
23-09-07, 21:43
I like Germany, too (we have family friends who live there, and I stayed with them for a month when I was younger). Everyone was so nice... :)

Remind me to go on welfare if I ever go to Trocadero.

Elysia
23-09-07, 21:47
That's not just the UK. There are people here in the U.S. who make a way of life out of behaving that way.
I just don't know what makes people think they can behave in that manner - I mean, okay, I'm no pushover, but I cannot get over how rude (and in some cases, downright violent) some people are.

It's got to the point where there are places that are virtual no-go zones - and why? Because of teenage gangs. They find it 'funny' to threaten passers by (as in 'with knives'). Exactly what makes that some kind of enjoyable way to pass the time, I do not know...

Laurencarter
24-09-07, 08:26
crime

nicola1986
24-09-07, 10:17
I just don't know what makes people think they can behave in that manner - I mean, okay, I'm no pushover, but I cannot get over how rude (and in some cases, downright violent) some people are.

It's got to the point where there are places that are virtual no-go zones - and why? Because of teenage gangs. They find it 'funny' to threaten passers by (as in 'with knives'). Exactly what makes that some kind of enjoyable way to pass the time, I do not know...

You can't go out in the clubs anymore 'cos everyone out there is waiting for a fight and now they don't just hit you, they stab you. A few people have been killed in toilets after a night out. It's scary.

Wait till you see all the drug addicts screaming and shouting and beating each other to a pulp for no reason in the middle of the night, I hate them.

Autolycus
24-09-07, 10:23
The thing i hate about my country is the juctice. Juctice over here should protect the law abiding people but instead it protects the people who break the law. I could rant on about this but i wont.

Quiver.
24-09-07, 10:25
I defently do not love my country!

I live in a Monarchy, and now everything is getting more expensive: tax, gas, drinks in the bar, traveling-tax, etc,etc,etc (I do not complain about this because life is always getting more expensiVe)

BUT:
The royal ****ing family is getting 100.000 euro's extra this year.

And that is ****ing me off! Why are they getting more money, they don't do **** for the country. They only have to write their signature if the government wants a new law.

walk_man
24-09-07, 10:39
England.

Refugees now get half price bus fair.

England is no longer 'England'. More of a Hotel for anyone who drops by.

la-la-lara
24-09-07, 11:38
A good friend of mine smoked, drank and talked about sex more as a teenager, than now, in his 20s.
Furthermore, how can we talk about the instrumentality of psychologists in schools, when it comes to bullying/drugs/racism? How can we talk about this, when there is lack of discipline and family guidance? Are we trying to convince ourselves that a person that doesn't know you, or doesn't even care about you, will turn the tables because he's a scientist? Oh please, that's pathetic! And that doesn't concern only my country. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm trying to be a realist.
Still, you haven't told me yet what you think about nerds.

tomblover
24-09-07, 12:42
Seriously TL, are you running low on energy and water? Is someone stealing your job from you? Did someone open up that Pizza place you always dreamed of opening? You probably know what i'm talking about, right? Imigrants in Sweden are not a problem, its the way the country handles them...

Oh, yeah. Sorry George. :o I mixed that up with something else.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 15:42
England.

Refugees now get half price bus fair.

England is no longer 'England'. More of a Hotel for anyone who drops by.Definitely. It's pathetic.

A lot of these so called "asylum seekers" go through several countries just to get here.

Cochrane
24-09-07, 15:54
Something else I hate about my country that just came to my mind recently: Abuse of our and the english language. A sign on a counter in my local railroad station reads: "Dieser Schalter ist nicht besetzt. Bitte gehen sie zum nächsten offenen Counter". If we translated this, using the same logic, it would be "This counter is not in use. Please go to the next open Schalter". Why not go German all the way? English people won't understand what it says any better by making a single word in there English. It only causes everyone to think that the German Railroad has no idea how to use the German language correctly. Which is true, by the way, they prove it every time they can. And it's not just railroads, it's everywhere.

Lew
24-09-07, 17:14
Chavs and the parts they come from, for me what would be perfect is living like they do in Desperate Housewives or Disturbia - without the murders... for example if we sold our house in the UK and moved the the US we'd get a bigger house, better things for cheaper, we get ripped off in this country.

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 17:16
Definitely. It's pathetic.

A lot of these so called "asylum seekers" go through several countries just to get here.

There is a saying; "don't judge a person till you've walked a mile in their shoes."

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:17
There is a saying; "don't judge a person till you've walked a mile in their shoes."Fair enough, but they're supposedly asylum seekers. Asylum seekers want asylum in a safe country, yet they go through many safe countries to get here - because the government gives them everything for free. Countries like France are a lot fairer when it comes to asylum seekers.

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:21
Fair enough, but they're supposedly asylum seekers. Asylum seekers want asylum in a safe country, yet they go through many safe countries to get here - because the government gives them everything for free. Countries like France are a lot fairer when it comes to asylum seekers.
Example?

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:23
Example?Can't give any links as this isn't the sort of thing you see that often on news websites.

And when I said "everything for free", I didn't mean it literally as in everything. I was hoping you'd see that.

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:25
Can't give any links as this isn't the sort of thing you see that often on news websites.

And when I said "everything for free", I didn't mean it literally as in everything. I was hoping you'd see that.
I did, I was asking for an example of just one thing they get for free?

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:26
I did, I was asking for an example of just one thing they get for free?Accommodation.

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:27
Be more specific: House, hostel, flat?

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:34
Be more specific: House, hostel, flat?I think it varies. Whether it's a house or a flat it doesn't matter. They're still getting free accommodation when they shouldn't be.

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:39
I think it varies. Whether it's a house or a flat it doesn't matter. They're still getting free accommodation when they shouldn't be.
So basically, they should live on the streets, turn to crime, and be one of those people no one wants to look at? Lovely.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:40
So basically, they should live on the streets, turn to crime, and be one of those people no one wants to look at? Lovely.Nope. They should not be let in at the first place. Like I said, they go through safe countries to get here. They don't deserve to be given free accommodation. The rest of us don't so why should they?

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:42
Because the rest have the money to pay for it and how do you know they don't pay it off over time?

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:43
Because the rest have the money to pay for it Again, they come through safe countries to get here. This proves my point that they're not asylum seekers and are nothing more than silly spongers.

Geck-o-Lizard
24-09-07, 17:44
Post some sources or hold your silence before you make yourself look even more foolish, MT.

Zac Medley
24-09-07, 17:45
They don't deserve to be given free accommodation.

:confused: Who deserves what? If I got what I deserved I'd be in deep do do.

That's grace that is, Tony. And don't knock it, you may need some one day.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:46
Post some sources or hold your silence before you make yourself look even more foolish, MT.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A2151785
http://asylumscotland.org.uk/theasylumprocess.php

@Zac: Yeah, but it's not like you claimed to be an asylum seeker and went through safe countries to get to where you are now.

danitiwa
24-09-07, 17:49
I'm not german, so I find it REALLY annoying when they dub EVERY single thing to German. And Sweden... Nothing really annoying about Sweden, except for all the idiotic pop songs.

Serbia: The traffic is just awfull and sad.

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:50
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A2151785
http://asylumscotland.org.uk/theasylumprocess.php

@Zac: Yeah, but it's not like you claimed to be an asylum seeker and went through safe countries to get to where you are now.
Note, they have no choice of where they are allocated, they are just told where to go and have to apply to move. Plus neither of those sources say the accomodation is free so that still doesn't prove your point.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:52
Note, they have no choice of where they are allocated, they are just told where to go and have to apply to move. Plus neither of those sources say the accomodation is free so that still doesn't prove your point.As soon as asylum seekers arrive in the UK they are entitled to receive free advice provided by local 'one stop shops' or independent immigration advisers and solicitors, often funded by public money.

Besides, they shouldn't get free accommodation if they claim asylum yet go through safe countries to get here.

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 17:53
Mad Tony, I wonder if you've actually read the sources you've quoted:

To qualify for benefit support, asylum seekers need to show two things:

That they made their asylum claim "as soon as reasonably practicable" after arrival in the UK
That they are destitute and have no other means of support

How much cash do they receive?
Living allowance vouchers for adults are equivalent to 70% of basic income support. For an adult this is around £30 to £40 per week. Vouchers for children (16 or younger) are 100% of child’s basic income support, which is currently around £38 per week.

Have you ever tried living off that amount? I mean, honestly? I'm claiming incapacity because I'm unable to work even part time, and that is considerably more than £30-£40 a week.

And from the second source:

The Asylum Process in the UK

The Journey to the UK

Asylum seekers come to the UK by a variety of routes. Some arrive by conventional means, others are smuggled over the border. Often, the journey undertaken to get to the UK will have been difficult and dangerous. Families are sometimes broken apart en route; others are subjected to cramped and insecure transportation; others again will have been raped or abused.

So you're saying that the UK should turn these people away, that we should bar our gates and close our boarders, simply because people are trying to find a better life - or even a life?

Mad Tony, I respect that you stick up for your views, but you really need to wake up and take a look around at the wider world before you start condemning asylum seekers - legal or otherwise.

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:53
Besides, they shouldn't get free accommodation if they claim asylum yet go through safe countries to get here.
free advice provided by local 'one stop shops' or independent immigration advisers and solicitors, often funded by public money.
Says nothing about free accomodation.

Jenni - Pwned :D

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:54
So you're saying that the UK should turn these people away, that we should bar our gates and close our boardersAt the current situation we're in, then yes. We're severely over-populated at the moment.

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:56
At the current situation we're in, then yes. We're severely over-populated at the moment.
Take Grace's advice - post sources to back up claims like this.

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 17:56
At the current situation we're in, then yes. We're severely over-populated at the moment.

Uh huh.

Proof?

Zac Medley
24-09-07, 18:00
@Tony I don't know much about official policy on immigration in the UK but there is always an upside and a downside. The British population has a fairly small growth rate (not the smallest) and so immigration is partly seen to add productive members to the work force. I work with a lot of immigrants here in the US, and they are (on average) more reliable, dependable, and harder working.

Most immigrants are not going to arrive in the UK and go on the dole (I'm guessing) in general they quickly adapt and start earning money and paying taxes. They make a very important contribution.

The downside (and it doesn't have to be that bad) is that they bring with them their cultural identity, and that maybe is what a lot of natives have a problem with.

Unfortunately, if you want your roads paved and the old people taken good care of in rest homes, you are going to have to depend on immigrants.

I'm a pretty extreme example but where I live if I greet everyone by saying "Ola!" there is a 50% chance I'll be greeting them in their native language. Probably 30% of my employees are refugees from Burma, and if I didn't have them to depend on my life would be a lot more stressful.

I love your spirit, Tony, but there is a big picture too.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 18:00
Uh huh.

Proof?Well, firstly the United Kingdom is 48th in the world for population density. A big world power such as the United Kingdom shouldn't have so little space.

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 18:02
Well, firstly the United Kingdom is 48th in the world for population density. A big world power such as the United Kingdom shouldn't have so little space.
Source?

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 18:03
Source?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density :wve:

Scottlee
24-09-07, 18:04
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7839/crowdedphoneboothfq5.jpg

jackles
24-09-07, 18:04
I think you will find it is because we are an itty bitty country that the population is so dense...we had a huge industrial revolution which led to large built up towns etc. We actively encouraged immigration for centuries to feed the workforce. We have always had a tendency to punch above our weight!

:)

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 18:06
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density :wve:
Nothing from Wiki is 100% solid fact. So, I'll need more :)

Scott: LMAO :vlol:

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 18:07
Nothing from Wiki is 100% solid fact. So, I'll need more :)
http://www.photius.com/wfb1999/rankings/population_density_0.html Now are you happy?

NOTE: On this one it says 49th, but you get my point.

jarhead
24-09-07, 18:27
Mad tony, I dont think you actually realise just how desperate the assylum seekers are. Of course your gonna get the odd few that just want to take advantage. But they are so desperate they will risk their lives just to get here. And in the paper today there was a story about someone who nearly commited suicide after he was told he'd be deported, citing he just wanted his child to have a grave to visit. Pretty sad eh??
And the whole pop. Density is BS!. Germany is only a few people behind us. The USA is a mahoosive country, like russia and china, who also have loads of problem with over crowding ( but the area just outweighs it)

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 18:30
Mad tony, I dont think you actually realise just how desperate the assylum seekers are. Of course your gonna get the odd few that just want to take advantage. But they are so desperate they will risk their lives just to get here. And in the paper today there was a story about someone who nearly commited suicide after he was told he'd be deported, citing he just wanted his child to have a grave to visit. Pretty sad eh??
And the whole pop. Density is BS!. Germany is only a few people behind us. The USA is a mahoosive country, like russia and china, who also have loads of problem with over crowding ( but the area just outweighs it)I do release how desperate they, but why are we getting so many of these "asylum seekers" coming in from France? If they're coming in from France it's obvious they've already reached a safe country yet they don't stay there because the French government treat them like everyone else - just like the government here should do.

Yes, so even Germany has problems with population density.

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 18:46
I do release how desperate they, but why are we getting so many of these "asylum seekers" coming in from France? If they're coming in from France it's obvious they've already reached a safe country yet they don't stay there because the French government treat them like everyone else - just like the government here should do.

Yes, so even Germany has problems with population density.

They arrive from France because that is the 'safest' route for them to travel. However, you seem to be implying that they should stay in France (a 'safe' country), even though the French government (for the most part) rejects them.

Mad Tony, if we, one of the richest nations on Earth, can extend even the smallest percentage of our wealth in trying to help these people rebuild their lives, we should. Otherwise we end up treating some of these asylum seekers with just as much contempt and cruelty as the countries they're fleeing.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 18:48
They arrive from France because that is the 'safest' route for them to travel. However, you seem to be implying that they should stay in France (a 'safe' country), even though the French government (for the most part) rejects them.Well they should stop at the nearest safe country. Not come here just because we give them everything. Why should we spend money on giving accommodation on them and not our own people?

jarhead
24-09-07, 18:50
Yuo dont know the reason they're coming over here instead of France is because they aren't being treated differently. And theres more requestes for asylum in France then the UK http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=483174&in_page_id=1770.

And we dont just give away all the money to asylum seekers, they are giving the smallest amount and try and make a living with practically nothing. they find it difficult to get work and are constantly under attack by people with a similar temperament to yours

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 18:51
Well they should stop at the nearest safe country. Not come here just because we give them everything. Why should we spend money on giving accommodation on them and not our own people?

We don't give them everything. For god's sake, read the sources you cited about asylum policy in this country before you start saying our government gives them everything. It doesn't.

As an unemployed (and currently unemployable) person I get vastly more help than any asylum seeker.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 18:53
Yuo dont know the reason they're coming over here instead of France is because they aren't being treated differently. And theres more requestes for asylum in France then the UK http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=483174&in_page_id=1770.I wasn't just talking about France. The fact that the UK is the fifth largest destination for "asylum seekers" is outrageous since we're surrounded by safe countries and are already over populated. My point being is that they don't go to the safest country nearest to them.

@Greenkey: They shouldn't get any help. They come through safe countries to get here.

scion05
24-09-07, 18:54
Actually, we really don't. We get preached to about political correctness, but seriously, nobody gives a rat's backside about it unless they're deliberately trying to stir trouble. Do you honestly frequently encounter people offended by phrases like "blackboard" and "piggybank"?

Bah bah ****ing black sheep... oops! Sorry, bah bah god damn rainbow sheep.

:p

We don't give them everything. For god's sake, read the sources you cited about asylum policy in this country before you start saying our government gives them everything. It doesn't.

Either way, if they have no skills to fetch, i personally don't think the should bother coming here.
Doctors, nurses, police etc fine, Londis however does not seem like a skill to me!

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 18:56
@Greenkey: They shouldn't get any help. They come through safe countries to get here.

Safe = no war/gang-rape/supressive governments?

But safe does not equate with help.

jarhead
24-09-07, 18:58
I wasn't just talking about France. The fact that the UK is the fifth largest destination for "asylum seekers" is outrageous since we're surrounded by safe countries and are already over populated. My point being is that they don't go to the safest country nearest to them.

OK so your only arguement is that they can stop off at any country on the way, and you think they just flog to the UK because our government gives them everything they need. Well unless your on your last tether and have personally tried to seek asylum to get into the UK, then I doubt you really know how hard it is, or how difficult it is to live in the 'earlier safer countries'

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 19:01
OK so your only arguement is that they can stop off at any country on the way, and you think they just flog to the UK because our government gives them everything they need. Well unless your on your last tether and have personally tried to seek asylum to get into the UK, then I doubt you really know how hard it is, or how difficult it is to live in the 'earlier safer countries'My point being we are surrounded by industrialized, safe democracies. Why should we let them in when we're already overpopulated?

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 19:14
unless your on your last tether and have personally tried to seek asylum to get into the UK, then I doubt you really know how hard it is, or how difficult it is to live in the 'earlier safer countries'

My point being we are surrounded by industrialized, safe democracies. Why should we let them in when we're already overpopulated?

How many of these countries have you been to, Mad Tony? Come to think of it, for how many of them can you quote their asylum policies?

Put yourself in an asylum seeker's shoes for just one moment. You've likely not had the benefit of much education, you're completely without money and no one around you speaks the same language as you. You've probably left the majority of your family back home because the person who's agreed to help you get to the UK has taken all the money you could scrape together.

These people are desperate. You need to learn, really learn what that means before you make any judgements about it.

scion05
24-09-07, 19:58
Well why can't they go and be desperate elsewhere ?
We're overpopulated. Teenage pregnancy is at its high. Britain is in
turmoil, and what do we get ? More and more people being added in.

Geck-o-Lizard
24-09-07, 20:27
What is the people-per-square-km threshold that signifies overpopulation?

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 20:30
These people are desperate. You need to learn, really learn what that means before you make any judgements about it.So? We're overpopulated (as noted by Scion) and they can't be that desperate if they go through countries like France etc to get here.

@Geck: That depends on the circumstances I guess.

scion05
24-09-07, 20:39
^^^

Bingo.

with properties going up everywhere, we're running out of room, and the whole
country is being spoiled. Not that i like it much anyway :p

nicola1986
24-09-07, 20:42
I don't know much about the subject of over-population but the places where I want to live have stopped accepting people 'cos there's that many people waiting for a place to rent. I've been on the list a year and a half and still no word.

And I can't live near my mum and dad when I move out 'cos the waiting list here is ten years! And it's crap here! lol ;)

scion05
24-09-07, 20:43
My grandma and grandad put their names down 50 years ago and still no reply :vlol: :p :vlol:

nicola1986
24-09-07, 20:46
^ :vlol:

Geck-o-Lizard
24-09-07, 20:57
@Geck: That depends on the circumstances I guess.

Tell me what figures you're referring to when you mention Britain being "overpopulated".

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 21:07
Tell me what figures you're referring to when you mention Britain being "overpopulated".This :wve: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

Most other industrialized nations have considerably lower population densities. E.G. USA, Canada, Australia, Russia and even France to some extent.

jackles
24-09-07, 21:09
Compare the size of the uk to those countries...

as I stated earlier we punch way above out weight!!!

Geck-o-Lizard
24-09-07, 23:15
This :wve: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

Most other industrialized nations have considerably lower population densities. E.G. USA, Canada, Australia, Russia and even France to some extent.

First up. Population by country is really not an accurate way of working out how crowded the place is, unless the figures are crazily high. (246 people per square km is not crazily high by any stretch of the imagination bar yours.) The USA, Canada, Australia and Russia are all hundreds of times larger than the UK, and a vast amount of their land is basically uninhabited. National population density doesn't take into account things like cities (high density) and desert/farmland/tundra (low density), or the proportion of high density areas to low density areas.

Here's another population density chart for you to peruse:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_selected_cities_by_population_density

Notice that London, undeniably the most heavily populated city in the UK, is way down the list there, deeply buried beneath the far larger, busier and more "overpopulated" European cities. The rest of the UK's cities bar Portsmouth don't even manage to get a mention. And if you compare London to the cities in North America, it would come 17th down the list. "Most other industrialised nations" do not have lower population densities than the UK.

Here's a far more accurate picture of the population density of your dearly beloved US of A:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_population_density
Note that many of its states are considerably more densely populated than the UK, and many of those that aren't are mostly barely-populated desert or farmland.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 06:25
Here's a far more accurate picture of the population density of your dearly beloved US of A:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_population_density
Note that many of its states are considerably more densely populated than the UK, and many of those that aren't are mostly barely-populated desert or farmland.Seen that before. But note low population densities of states like Wyoming. In countries like The US and Australia, they certainly have the room for more people. Unlike Britain where we don't have the room.

DREWY
25-09-07, 06:32
We may have the room MT, but most of it is desert. 95% of people would live around the coast. Most of them in capital cities. Its too hot and dry in further. There is some room, but not as much as it appears.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 06:37
We may have the room MT, but most of it is desert. 95% of people would live around the coast. Most of them in capital cities. Its too hot and dry in further. There is some room, but not as much as it appears.Indeed, I know. My dad lives there and I've visited Australia several times.

DREWY
25-09-07, 06:40
Sydney wasn't it MT? Happens also to be our densest populated area.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 06:43
Sydney wasn't it MT? Happens also to be our densest populated area.Sydney was included. I've also been to Melbourne and I went snowboarding in the snowy mountains for a week so I got a chance to see parts of New South Wales outside Sydney.

Geck-o-Lizard
25-09-07, 07:00
Seen that before. But note low population densities of states like Wyoming. In countries like The US and Australia, they certainly have the room for more people. Unlike Britain where we don't have the room.

Bull****. There is more than enough room in the UK. Have you ever looked out the window of a plane while flying to/from a UK airport? There is LOADS of land that's only occupied by farms, golf courses or private individuals/companies. The only genuine problem that we have is a lack of housing, and guess how you solve that? Not by chucking people out, but by building more houses.

And look at Scotland! There's 60,000,000 people in the UK and only 6,000,000 of them are up here. We're not exactly packed in like sardines over here.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 15:37
Bull****. There is more than enough room in the UK. Have you ever looked out the window of a plane while flying to/from a UK airport? There is LOADS of land that's only occupied by farms, golf courses or private individuals/companies. The only genuine problem that we have is a lack of housing, and guess how you solve that? Not by chucking people out, but by building more houses.I really don't think building more houses for spongers and illegal immigrants is gonna work.

Geck-o-Lizard
25-09-07, 15:40
:hea:

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 15:43
:hea:Something wrong?

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 16:11
Something wrong?
You are frustrating is what's wrong.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 16:14
You are frustrating is what's wrong.So, you both find my opinions frustrating?

Don't worry, the feeling's mutual.

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 16:16
So, you both find my opinions frustrating?

Don't worry, the feeling's mutual.
No, you say that we are too full, you get proven otherwise and are told we need to build more houses and then you say that building them for assylum seekers isn't gonna help. You are either really ignorant or just plain cold.

Geck-o-Lizard
25-09-07, 16:24
Sigh. I feel like biting my fingers off just so I can stop replying to this.

You say the UK is overpopulated. You still haven't supported that claim with anything but your own opinion. You have almost completely ignored my post where I disproved your claim - clearly your ears only pr!cked up when I mentioned the magic A word.

You say the UK is overpopulated. Prove it.
You say illegal immigrants are the problem. Prove it.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 16:58
Sigh. I feel like biting my fingers off just so I can stop replying to this.

You say the UK is overpopulated. You still haven't supported that claim with anything but your own opinion. You have almost completely ignored my post where I disproved your claim - clearly your ears only pr!cked up when I mentioned the magic A word.

You say the UK is overpopulated. Prove it.
You say illegal immigrants are the problem. Prove it.Prove they're not the problem.

No, you say that we are too full, you get proven otherwise and are told we need to build more houses and then you say that building them for asylum seekers isn't gonna help. You are either really ignorant or just plain cold.You can't state that this country isn't overpopulated as fact. So I wasn't "proven otherwise" as it's just opinion.

Not being happy with the amount of "aslyum seekers" and illegal immigrants and wanting to kick them out for obvious and justified reasons is hardly cold or ignorant.

Geck-o-Lizard
25-09-07, 17:03
What the-? I give up. :cen: :hea: :hea:

Prove they're not the problem.

Fine. Prove invisible pink unicorns don't exist.

If you can't support your opinions, be a bloody man and admit it.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 17:05
What the-? I give up. :cen: :hea: :hea:Suit yourself. :wve:

Reggie
25-09-07, 17:09
I suppose the main gripe I have is the terror incidents we have had in the last few years. How to deal with that problem? I'm not sure...perhaps better integration should be encouraged between the communities of our country? (notably the Muslim country accepting our beliefs but also us accepting theirs). That's obviously MUCH easier said than done but there's obviously something that needs to be done in order to make our society in the UK a more harmonious place to be - gun crime and anti-social behaviour is another issue that should be looked at in order to make our society a better place.

The bottom line is that I've got a thing about staying in one place too long. I just travel and the get the hell outta here. This country, or where I live at least is a pretty mundane place. Mundane is something I don't agree with too well so Japan here we come! (well, in 2 years time hopefully :p)

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 17:30
Prove they're not the problem.

You can't state that this country isn't overpopulated as fact. So I wasn't "proven otherwise" as it's just opinion.

Not being happy with the amount of "aslyum seekers" and illegal immigrants and wanting to kick them out for obvious and justified reasons is hardly cold or ignorant.
Yes it is.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 17:36
Yes it is.In your opinion it is, but not in mine.

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 17:39
In your opinion it is, but not in mine.
Then IMO and probably several others you are a very cold hearted person. Kicking people out of the country for simply fleeing here to get a better life? Think about how it sounds: A desperate person who has the option to either stay were they are and live in what you would think was hell on earth or go to a better country for a better life and then getting turned away when they choose the latter. How cruel!

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 17:43
Then IMO and probably several others you are a very cold hearted person. Kicking people out of the country for simply fleeing here to get a better life? Think about how it sounds: A desperate person who has the option to either stay were they are and live in what you would think was hell on earth or go to a better country for a better life and then getting turned away when they choose the latter. How cruel!:rolleyes: They're not fleeing here for a better life. They go through safe countries to get here where they could get a better life.

To be honest with you I am absolutely astounded that you think the current situation concerning these spongers is acceptable.

Geck-o-Lizard
25-09-07, 17:44
:rolleyes: They're not fleeing here for a better life. They go through safe countries to get here where they could get a better life.

What do you think they're here for? The weather? To take advantage of us and steal our babies from their prams? We barely help them, as has already been mentioned. It's not like they all flock here to live the high road with courtesy champagne and red carpets. They come here with the hope that they'll live long enough to see their children grow up, the hope that they'll one day be able to claw their way out of poverty, the hope that when they die they'll have accomplished something more than being another figure to add to their country's death toll.

As for "obvious and justified" reasons, you have yet to post any.

danitiwa
What the-? I give up. :cen: :hea: :hea:

Grace, I gave up a long time ago honey. :p

Bean, you need to stop being so damn proud. If a thousand people say you're wrong? Maybe the odds are they're right?

xcrushterx
:rolleyes: They're not fleeing here for a better life. They go through safe countries to get here where they could get a better life.

To be honest with you I am absolutely astounded that you think the current situation concerning these spongers is acceptable.
Who really gives a crap how many other countries they pass to get here?! They choose to come here and they have just as much right to live here as you and I do!

Bean, you need to stop being so damn proud. If a thousand people say you're wrong? Maybe the odds are they're right?
Ben proud of being british? :vlol:

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 17:49
What do you think they're here for? The weather? To take advantage of us and steal our babies from their prams? We barely help them, as has already been mentioned. It's not like they all flock here to live the high road with courtesy champagne and red carpets.They're here to take advantaged of the government. They're not here for freedom or any of the crap they say they're here for.

Grace, I gave up a long time ago honey. :p

Bean, you need to stop being so damn proud. If a thousand people say you're wrong? Maybe the odds are they're right?It's opinion. I know many people who agree with me.

Who really gives a crap how many other countries they pass to get here?! They choose to come here and they have just as much right to live here as you and I do!

Ben proud of being british? :vlol:How dare you say they have just as much right to live here as I do. I along with every other British citizen has a right to live here. They don't since they come through safe countries to get here.

And stop with the damn sarcasm will you? She didn't even mean it that way and the only reason I'm not proud to be British is because of how bad the current government are.

Geck-o-Lizard
25-09-07, 17:50
They're here to take advantaged of the government. They're not here for freedom or any of the crap they say they're here for.

Really. And where did you hear this? Who so irreversibly convinced you that all asylum seekers are thieves? Your parents?

And I suppose you're aware that this is the same attitude as was held towards black people in America not fifty years ago.

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 17:51
How dare you say they have just as much right to live here as I do. I along with every other British citizen has a right to live here. They don't since they come through safe countries to get here.

And stop with the damn sarcasm will you? She didn't even mean it that way and the only reason I'm not proud to be British is because of how bad the current government are.
How dare you say they don't? Just because they come through other countries to get here doesn't mean they don't have the right to live here! God you are unbelievabe.

MUN33B
25-09-07, 17:52
Ben [no offense :o] I think you're wrong. I completely agree with David. They have every right to come here and they don't take advantage of the government ;) AND I find it extremely rude that you seem to think that :( They arent harming you so leave them alone. If you were in a war torn, destroyed country and your only hope was to move here wouldn't you do see. Especially if you have kids you would understand the fear a mother/father must go through knowing their child could die by a bomb.

jarhead
25-09-07, 17:54
Ben, although you were born in this country, it doesnt mean they dont have a right to enter this country either. I mean, you except to move to another country without any hassle, so why can't they??.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 17:57
How dare you say they don't? Just because they come through other countries to get here doesn't mean they don't have the right to live here! God you are unbelievabe.Don't worry, I feel the same way about you.

Really. And where did you hear this? Who so irreversibly convinced you that all asylum seekers are thieves?

And I suppose you're aware that this is the same attitude as was held towards black people in America not fifty years ago.I've seen interviews with "asylum seekers" on TV.

I saw on TV one of these "asylum seekers" being interviewed in France (he was hoping to come over to England) and was asked why he wanted to go there and the reply was "Because England's nice".
Wait, they're supposed to be fleeing their countries for freedom.

The racial segregation in America was unfair. The black population had just as much rights as the white people did. They were all American. No, I'm not saying anyone who's not British should be treated differently but any "asylum seekers" who come through safe countries to get here should be immediately turned away.

@Jared: I am going to emigrate to America and work there as a legal citizen. Not claim asylum there.

@MUN33B: Well, I completely disagree with you too. :wve:

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 17:58
Don't worry, I feel the same way about you.

It's your own fault you feel that way. If you hadn't started coming out with crap like this I'd be less aggressive towards you.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 17:59
It's your own fault you feel that way. If you hadn't started coming out with crap like this I'd be less aggressive towards you.Same applies to you. The crap you've been coming out with is unbelievable IMO.

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:00
Same applies to you. The crap you've been coming out with is unbelievable IMO.
Example please:)

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:02
Example please:)About how you believe that these "asylum seekers" who are coming here not because they want to be safe and free but because they want to take advantage of the government are acceptable and you think we should just house them all.

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:02
About how you believe that these "asylum seekers" who are coming here not because they want to be safe and free but because they want to take advantage of the government.
Did I say anything about them? No, I said about genuine people. :rolleyes:

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:03
Did I say anything about them? No, I said about genuine people. :rolleyes:Hang on, didn't finish my post. I'm in a bit of a rush. Let me edit it to include my full point. My apologies.

jarhead
25-09-07, 18:06
No Tony, they come here to live a better life, just like you want too. I havnt seen you come up with any hard evidence to support they come here because of the government throwing away money at them. The only difference between them and you in my eyes, is that they , except a few ( which i agree with you, that some do just come here for the freebies) have a decent reason to come here. You hope to leave the country because of an opinion, they have nothing else to do 'but' leave their country. Needless to say I doubt you'll take anything from this .

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:06
About how you believe that these "asylum seekers" who are coming here not because they want to be safe and free but because they want to take advantage of the government are acceptable and you think we should just house them all.
You didn't add much to your post. It's just the same only with "and you think we should house them all". Again, that just shows how little attention you are paying to what you are saying - you know I mean only genuine asylum seekers, and yeah, if they are the ****s who are taking advantage I agree they should be sent home, but yeah, I also think genuine ones should be housed because their right to live here is the same as mine and yours.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:09
You didn't add much to your post. It's just the same only with "and you think we should house them all". Again, that just shows how little attention you are paying to what you are saying - you know I mean only genuine asylum seekers, and yeah, if they are the ****s who are taking advantage I agree they should be sent home, but yeah, I also think genuine ones should be housed because their right to live here is the same as mine and yours.Most of them aren't genuine asylum seekers. There's no point in debating over this because we're just going round in circles.

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:10
Most of them aren't genuine asylum seekers. There's no point in debating over this because we're just going round in circles.
Prove it.

danitiwa
25-09-07, 18:10
Ben proud of being british? :vlol:
I meant proud of himself.

It's opinion. I know many people who agree with me.

You know what? That is the lousiest excuse I have EVER heard, and you use it over and over again.

Just try telling my mom you don't like her dinner, I tried saying: It's my opinion once, and she just went: It's rude, and disrespectful.

Sometimes you have to forget your opinion, and stick to your manners mate. If I think a person is ugly, I don't go right up and say it! And even if I let it slip, I don't say: Sorry, it's my opinion, because it hurts people! :rolleyes:

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:11

You know what? That is the lousiest excuse I have EVER heard, and you use it over and over again.

Just try telling my mom you don't like her dinner, I tried saying: It's my opinion once, and she just went: It's rude, and disrespectful.

Sometimes you have to forget your opinion, and stick to your manners mate. If I think a person is ugly, I don't go right up and say it! And even if I let it slip, I don't say: Sorry, it's my opinion, because it hurts people! :rolleyes:
Oops, sorry :o

Pwned :D :tmb:

bloodstormaoa
25-09-07, 18:13
Prove it.

Mad Tony will say prove they are :D

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:14
Prove it.
I've said this before: We're surrounded by industrialized safe democracies. A large number of the "asylum seekers" that come into this country come through France (which is a safe, industrialized democracy).
Oops, sorry :o

Pwned :D :tmb:I see you have something personal against me. So stop it. ;)

Sometimes you have to forget your opinion, and stick to your manners mate. If I think a person is ugly, I don't go right up and say it! And even if I let it slip, I don't say: Sorry, it's my opinion, because it hurts people! :rolleyes:Personally I don't care how many people I hurt with my opinion. It's my opinion and I'm not gonna stand down just because some people find it "offensive".

@Bloodstormaoa: Ha. Very funny. Oh look I didn't say it. Sorry to disappoint you. ;)

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:17
I've said this before: We're surrounded by industrialized safe democracies. A large number of the "asylum seekers" that come into this country come through France (which is a safe, industrialized democracy).
I see you have something personal against me. So stop it. ;)

Personally I don't care how many people I hurt with my opinion. It's my opinion and I'm not gonna stand down just because some people find it "offensive".
Ha! That is not proof - if you don't have any solid evidence (which I doubt you do) then stop with this.

So what if I do - what I said there wasn't a personal attack, it was just me saying that I agree with Dani's post.

You should - you get insulted when people say they hate america, but that is there opinion. That is how many of your "opinions" make others feel.

danitiwa
Personally I don't care how many people I hurt with my opinion. It's my opinion and I'm not gonna stand down just because some people find it "offensive".

Then you're just unpolite, and will be disliked by many. It's CALLED SOCIETY, and it's run by certain rules like common curtacy.

I put the words in bold so you can get familiar with them.

Sara Croft
Why on earth would so many people chose to sleep outside on the street with no home and minimal money, because it would be neater?

MUN33B
25-09-07, 18:18
Don't worry, I feel the same way about you.

I've seen interviews with "asylum seekers" on TV.

I saw on TV one of these "asylum seekers" being interviewed in France (he was hoping to come over to England) and was asked why he wanted to go there and the reply was "Because England's nice".
Wait, they're supposed to be fleeing their countries for freedom.

The racial segregation in America was unfair. The black population had just as much rights as the white people did. They were all American. No, I'm not saying anyone who's not British should be treated differently but any "asylum seekers" who come through safe countries to get here should be immediately turned away.

@Jared: I am going to emigrate to America and work there as a legal citizen. Not claim asylum there.

@MUN33B: Well, I completely disagree with you too. :wve:

I guess some people will never realize. I'm sorry to say this but you are one of the most rudest persons I've met on these forums and you are completely heart-less IMHO. [No offense] but I keep thinking how you can think such things???

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:19
Then you're just unpolite, and will be disliked by many. It's CALLED SOCIETY, and it's run by certain rules like common curtacy.

I put the words in bold so you can get familiar with them.Sorry, but I'm not gonna go against my beliefs just because I offend a few people. Why should I?

@MUN33B & Crushter: I see you two are only interested in having personal digs at me therefore I can be bothered with dignifying either of your posts with a response. :wve:

Geck-o-Lizard
25-09-07, 18:19

Their intentions were the same as modern asylum seekers: they wanted the chance to live good lives and have jobs and families, but the arrogant white Americans believed the blacks were entirely second-class to themselves, had no right to share their land, and were all thieves.

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:20
Sorry, but I'm not gonna go against my beliefs just because I offend a few people. Why should I?
Then sorry, but you will be disliked by the majority of the people you meet if you are so blunt and rude.

MUN33B
Sorry, but I'm not gonna go against my beliefs just because I offend a few people. Why should I?

We;re not asking you to and you're not offending a few - your offending lots ;)

Reggie
Just to add a different flavour to the proceedings here I want to flag up my concerns on Supermarkets and huge companies eating up the money that could otherwise be going to indepedant shop keepers and smaller companies.

Where will the UK be in 20 years time if Tesco and the like keep on swallowing up the retail industry like it has been for a good while now?

Here's some articles that give you a better idea of my concerns:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6963375.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4714572.stm

In particular, I think this FAQ style article is informative - worth checking out to give you a good idea just how much of a concern this should be:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4785544.stm

All links are from the BBC Website.

MUN33B
25-09-07, 18:21
Just to add a different flavour to the proceedings here I want to flag up my concerns on Supermarkets and huge companies eating up the money that could otherwise be going to indepedant shop keepers and smaller companies.

Where will the UK be in 20 years time if Tesco and the like keep on swallowing up the retail industry like it has been for a good while now?

Here's some articles that give you a better idea of my concerns:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6963375.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4714572.stm

In particular, I think this FAQ style article is informative - worth checking out to give you a good idea just how much of a concern this should be:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4785544.stm

Excellent posts :tmb: I'll give them a look ;).

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:21
Their intentions were the same as modern asylum seekers: they wanted the chance to live good lives and have jobs and families, but the arrogant white Americans believed the blacks were entirely second-class to themselves, had no right to share their land, and were all thieves.But this is different. These spongers are coming through safe countries to get here which proves they're not after asylum.

Anyways, not all white Americans were like that. There were also many who supported the black civil rights movement.

Eddie Haskell
25-09-07, 18:22
The USA is a wonderful nation that is unfortunately being dragged down by rampant capitalism, globalization and skyrocketing health care costs. Here in the Windy City, life is good for me now despite my crippled body, and we have a mayor who cares and tries to make this city great (and is succeeding mightily). The future is up for grabs here in the US, unless we get national health care soon and solidify our manufacturing base. We need many more union jobs so that your typical non-college worker can afford his own home and send his kids to college.

All in all I made many sacrifices for my country (in blood mind you), and I have hope. :)

MUN33B
But this is different. These spongers are coming through safe countries to get here which proves they're not after asylum.

Anyways, not all white Americans were like that. There were also many who supported the black civil rights movement.

Yeah Iraq, Iran, Israel, Africa, etc are really safe :rolleyes:

bloodstormaoa
@Bloodstormaoa: Ha. Very funny. Oh look I didn't say it. Sorry to disappoint you. ;)

It's ok. I'm sure I'll witness you getting into more arguments, over not being able to back up your "opinions"! You'll say it then....just like you have before ;)

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:23
But this is different. These spongers are coming through safe countries to get here which proves they're not after asylum.

Not much. yes, some are taking advantage, but some are genuine. I'm asking you to answer this question: Why do you care they come through other countries? They choose here. be grateful they like Britain enough to choose it over the other hundreds of safe countries out there.

CuteKittenlol
25-09-07, 18:23
Ben, why don't you just stop? You aren't getting anywhere with this. You haven't proven your point, so stop trying to get people to think that you're right, when the chances are that you are wrong. You then tell us that it is your opinion, and go off at people for disagreeing with you...when you disagree with their "opinions"? And you don't have to repeat your so called opinion 50,000 times either because no one is going to change their minds about it.

I also agree with gecko, David, Dani, Jared and a few others who have said something. And just because David doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he's against you :) AND, you don't have to go "against your beliefs" either, just don't be so mean and direct about it. You are a very narrow minded person Ben, and won't listen to other peoples views...and this is a great example of that.

IMO, there is nothing for you to be arguing about because you can't really argue over an opinion =/

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:24
Yeah Iraq, Iran, Israel, Africa, etc are really safe :rolleyes:Re-read my post. ;) I said coming through safe countries, not coming from. ;)

It's ok. I'm sure I'll witness you getting into more arguments, over not being able to back up your "opinions"! You'll say it then....just like you have before ;)You're posts are pointless. You appear to have no interest in the thread and only seem to want to insult me.

@Alex: Well, I'm not gonna stop. People are becoming very aggressive towards me because they seem to be in favor of all this overcrowding we have here. And FFS Alex stop taking sides against me.

MUN33B
25-09-07, 18:26
Re-read my post. ;) I said coming through safe countries, not coming from. ;)

You're posts are pointless. You appear to have no interest in the thread and only seem to want to insult me.

Like you are currently doing to countless others. And me and David are NOT drying to 'attack' you in any way :). You just have to stop trying to argue and accept people have their opinions and instead of nit-picking them you should accept them and have a kind friendly discussion with them. ;)

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:27
@Alex: Well, I'm not gonna stop. People are becoming very aggressive towards me because they seem to be in favor of all this overcrowding we have here. And FFS Alex stop taking sides against me.
Hmm, so you think that someone who disagrees with you is taking sides against you? How big headed.

Scottlee
I think the questions some people have are these....

- Why does the UK have to take more immigrants than other countries?
Everybody can agree that it's good to help people from all over the world, but the above question is a valid one, and hardly mean-spirited.

- What do we class as 'essential immigration' as opposed to 'moving abroad to get a better wage'?
Nobody with a heart would ever turn away a starving African family from our shores, but what about the influx from such countries as Poland and Turkey? Are these countries so decimated that moving abroad is the only option for them?.

Ultimately, your individual circumstances will decide how you feel about this whole subject. It's not a clear cut case of "Shall we or shall we not help people with problems?" For instance, my circumstances in the past have revolved around the sub-issue of Employment. That's my area of concern. People in some industries have seen their incomes plummet by more than 50% due to wages being driven down by those happy to work for very little. Dealing with some of the individuals who go through these experiences, and watching them develop prejudices because of them, is not a pleasant way of earning a living.

danitiwa
I guess some people will never realize. I'm sorry to say this but you are one of the most rudest persons I've met on these forums and you are completely heart-less IMHO. [No offense] but I keep thinking how you can think such things???
I agree. And I quite don't care if he's offended by me either anymore. Why the hell should we waste our time being nice to such a person?

Ben you're an idiot.

Man, you sound like Natla: What are a few lives in exchange for your dreams?
:rolleyes:

Sorry, but you are socially different in that case.

bloodstormaoa
You're posts are pointless. You appear to have no interest in the thread and only seem to want to insult me.

I have not once insulted you :) I merely commented on your posting style...It seems you really need to get your facts straight.:) Who are you to deem my posts pointless? And FYI, I have a great interest in this thread and have been actively following it since it started.

CuteKittenlol
25-09-07, 18:28

They're getting annoyed with you because you just won't listen! You won't accept people think different to you, and you don't respect their views. You haven't proved that, so I don't blame them. See, there you go again. Me disagreeing with you automatically makes me against you. You're just proving me right, thanks for that :)

danitiwa
25-09-07, 18:28
Ben, if you want people on this forum to hate you, be my guest. ;)

Those are my final words.

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:29
Hmm, so you think that someone who disagrees with you is taking sides against you? How big headed.No. I know her opinion on this and we share roughly the same beliefs.

Like you are currently doing to countless others. And me and David are NOT drying to 'attack' you in any way :). You just have to stop trying to argue and accept people have their opinions and instead of nit-picking them you should accept them and have a kind friendly discussion with them. ;)No, you lot are the ones nit-picking at my opinion in the first place. I stated my opinion, and got attacked by about 5 other people because of them.

@Alex: I accept their views. I know people have different opinions. It's people like David who wont accept that I have a different opinion.

@Dani: You're immature. ;)

Forwen
25-09-07, 18:30
I am astonished by the size of righteous moral outrage Mad Tony is being exposed to. I don't like your manner in general but man, keep it up.

xcrushterx
No. I know her opinion on this and we share roughly the same beliefs.

Read what she's saying - she doesn't agree with you.

Geck-o-Lizard
they seem to be in favor of all this overcrowding we have here.

What overcrowding?

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:31
What overcrowding?The overcrowding in this country.

@David: No ****. I was referring to previous conversations.

MUN33B
We might aswell not post :rolleyes:

Geck-o-Lizard
The overcrowding in this country.

What overcrowding?

jackles
I can see why people would rather come to the uk rather than other countries. Lots of people learn english as we can see from on here...so they already have some awareness of the language plus we are seen as a friendly tolerant country. Other countries have much greater prejduice against foreigners that we do. I have had refugees at school who have seen people killed in the streets....other who are fleeing for other reasons...some who won't even tell me their countries as they are so afraid. If I wanted to emigrate I would want to feel free to do so, yeah some come here for the wrong reasons...but can we stop everyone coming here? Imagine if America closed its borders to everyone to stop the 'wrong' people entering. Everyone entering legally here is investigated.

xcrushterx
@Alex: I accept their views. I know people have different opinions. It's people like David who wont accept that I have a different opinion.

I do accept your opinions. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I don't accept.

danitiwa
25-09-07, 18:32
@Dani: You're immature. ;)

Not more than you. :wve: You have proven yourself a troubled teen in every way, and I pitty you.

No actually I don't pitty you. I think you're pathetic.

CuteKittenlol
No. I know her opinion on this and we share roughly the same beliefs.

If that's about me, then no...no we don't.

Doesn't look like it from my point of view. He does, all he asked for was proof of what you were saying, and you couldn't give him any, so you started on him. And of course he's going to go back at you. See how that works?

Mad Tony
I do accept your opinions. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I don't accept.I don't expect you to agree. But some of the things you have said have been a person attempt to get at me.

@Dani: Either post something other than false and immature insults towards me or don't post at all.

MUN33B
25-09-07, 18:33
I don't expect you to agree. But some of the things you have said have been a person attempt to get at me.

E.g.?

xcrushterx
25-09-07, 18:34
I don't expect you to agree. But some of the things you have said have been a person attempt to get at me.

@Dani: Either post something other than false and immature insults towards me or don't post at all.
No, I'm not :)

That's her opinion of you, see how insulting opinions feel? :)

danitiwa
25-09-07, 18:35

OMG IT'S MY OPINION! HOW CAN YOU INSULT MY OPINION!? IT'S MY OPINION! :mad: RESPECT MY OPINION!

:whi: Familiar?

bloodstormaoa
25-09-07, 18:36
OMG IT'S MY OPINION! HOW CAN YOU INSULT MY OPINION!? IT'S MY OPINION! :mad: RESPECT MY OPINION!

:vlol:

Mad Tony
25-09-07, 18:36
OMG IT'S MY OPINION! HOW CAN YOU INSULT MY OPINION!? IT'S MY OPINION! :mad: RESPECT MY OPINION!Enough with the sarcasm.

Nope, not familiar.

E.g.?
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=2142894&postcount=202

Could've just said I agree, but decided to have a little dig at me at the same time.

tomblover
25-09-07, 18:37
Oh, gosh. How do you people survive each other? :vlol:

MUN33B
Enough with the sarcasm.

Nope, not familiar.

Could've just said I agree, but decided to have a little dig at me at the same time.

What dig? :confused:

xcrushterx

It means the same thing.

danitiwa
25-09-07, 18:38
Enough with the sarcasm.

Nope, not familiar.

Nope, I'm not going to stop till you get it.

STOP IT, STOP IT STOP! IT It's my opinion, I have a right to speak my mind.
I think you're arrogant. Sorry, that's my opinion too! :)
Oh, gosh. How do you people survive each other? :vlol:

Hardly.

JAMES BOND IS AN OLD ******* WHO'S MOVIES ARE OVERRATED. AND PEOPLE WHO LIKE HIM ARE RETARDS. :wve:

I'm not going to stop Ben, not until I get through your thick arrogant cranium.

Scottlee
25-09-07, 18:38
The last two pages have been rotten (and many before it). I suggest an improvement in the quality of posting over the next two.