PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Extinction :) What do U think about it?

Ilie_Fusarau
23-09-07, 16:21
What is your honest opinion about it ? Is it worth watching? Is it better than Apocalypse & Re1 ? :confused:

amitabha
23-09-07, 16:22
it was crap and I only saw the trailer.

Ilie_Fusarau
23-09-07, 16:24
it was crap and I only saw the trailer.

How do U know if it is crap if U only saw a trailer?

Legend of Lara
23-09-07, 16:52
Wanna see, wanna watch! It's not out yet in Iceland but it MIGHT make it in time for my b-day. Which would rule everything! :jmp:

amitabha
23-09-07, 16:54
How do U know if it is crap if U only saw a trailer?

do i really need to explain?

Nemo_91
23-09-07, 17:02
I wanna watch it! :jmp:

Lenochka
23-09-07, 17:38
I thought it was amazing :jmp:
So amazing i have already went to see it twice :3
The theater was packed with people of all ages, there were older people, People from my school (ALOT of them). I was rather surprised so many people went since apocalypse barely had anyone in the theater. Everyone left looking like they enjoyed it :)

Natey168
23-09-07, 17:46
Oh, God! I so can't wait to see it!! I'd go today if I had money. :(

Gothlegend
23-09-07, 18:26
its really good :D

imaginarylight
23-09-07, 18:32
really good I loved it!

not as good as the first, but better than the second.

Im gonna see it again.

nicola1986
23-09-07, 19:19
Not seen it yet but can't wait :tmb:

Lenochka
23-09-07, 22:11
Woo! It seems alot of people actually went to see it this weekend :D
From what i can see on yahoo alot of the people rated it around a B, Which is always nice to see :)

'Evil' Zombies Rule Weekend Box Office
Sunday September 23 12:38 PM ET

The undead of "Resident Evil" still have plenty of life in them.

"Resident Evil: Extinction," with Milla Jovovich again fighting flesh-hungry zombies in the third installment based on the video game, opened as the No. 1 weekend flick with $24 million in ticket sales, according to studio estimates Sunday.

It was the best debut for the franchise, topping the $23 million debut of part two, 2004's "Resident Evil: Apocalypse."

Sony Screen Gems hinted there could be more "Resident Evil" movies, though the latest had been billed as the final one.

"Until the next," joked Rory Bruer, Sony's head of distribution. "It absolutely would not surprise me considering the success of the franchise that they find a way to come up with another. It's a real possibility."

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released Monday.

1. "Resident Evil: Extinction," $24 million.

2. "Good Luck Chuck," $14 million.

3. "The Brave One," $7.4 million.

4. "3:10 to Yuma," $6.35 million.

5. "Eastern Promises," $5.7 million.

6. "Sydney White," $5.3 million.

7. "Mr. Woodcock," $5 million.

8. "Superbad," $3.1 million.

9. "The Bourne Ultimatum," $2.8 million.

10. "Dragon Wars," $2.5 million.

- Yahoo.com

Gamd1011
23-09-07, 23:14
This movie looks absolutly amazing:jmp::yah::jmp:

remote91
23-09-07, 23:18
Woo! It seems alot of people actually went to see it this weekend :D
From what i can see on yahoo alot of the people rated it around a B, Which is always nice to see :)
BLOODY HELL! Thats an amazing amount of tickets sold. I cant wait :jmp: comes out in like November in England though:(

Dingaling
23-09-07, 23:30
October 12th for UK according to my local Odeon :). Not that long now remote91! :D

remote91
23-09-07, 23:31
October 12th for UK according to my local Odeon :). Not that long now remote91! :D
:jmp: Argh I cant wait!! Its going to blow me away, I can feel it :p

bloodstormaoa
23-09-07, 23:32

It'll be the same here then :(.......It's long enough *is impatient*

remote91
23-09-07, 23:33
It'll be the same here then :(.......It's long enough *is impatient*
:vlol: Its taken long enough for Extinction to get here anyway :p

Tomb Raider 5194
24-09-07, 00:01
I'm glad its doing well, its such great movie! :tmb:

Regulator
24-09-07, 00:13
I play Resident Evil and I'm not a fan of the movies but I still wanna see it.
This guy I'm sorta of dating went to go see it and he says it good.

Soma Holiday
24-09-07, 03:11
has anyone here actually seen it? I thought it was the worst of the 3. I dunno, it was kinda short but managed to be a little boring. It started to pick up after a while, but before I knew it, it was over.

I loved Claire, but she wasn't in it enough cause "you know who" stole the show. Alice is a cool character, but enough is enough...she's the center of attention WAY too much, and she just gets more and more god-like as the films continue...a little TOO much in this instance.

I liked the film, but whereas the 1st one added to the universe and the 2nd tried to intertwine with it, this one just kinda takes over the RE franchise and is trying to make it something its not. The zombies were rather un-zombie like lol, and after a while I forgot there were even zombies in the movie.

So...I think we should move on from this Alice storyline and pick up somewhere else...lets see what Rebecca, Leon, and Chris have been doin all this time.Or even better, lets get claire on that island and get some code veronica goin!!! :D

its ok...could have been better...alot better...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the guy playing wesker is horrible...he just isn't as demanding and powerful like wesker is. He's just...there, not really important seeming whatsoever. also, there were lots of little characters added, like Betty and Kmart, that were quite pointless and took time away from some of the good franchise characters, such and claire and carlos's camera-time. Plus, what happened to carlos was just wrong. I dnt think they should really have the right to do that to characters that aren't really theres to meddle with. IMO.

Lenochka
24-09-07, 03:28
I thought it was the worst of the 3.

O.O
Are you serious? xD
Apocalypse is easily the worst out of the 3. It had so much potential and kinda threw it away with the lame ass affects and the nemesis going soft in the end. This one had awesome characters, amazing special affects and more entertaining enemies. :) I liked what happened to Carlos... i mean i didn't enjoy it all but at least he went out in a better way then being ripped apart or eaten like poor Mikey :(

Soma Holiday
24-09-07, 03:34
O.O
Are you serious? xD
Apocalypse is easily the worst out of the 3. It had so much potential and kinda threw it away with the lame ass affects and the nemesis going soft in the end. This one had awesome characters, amazing special affects and more entertaining enemies. :) I liked what happened to Carlos... i mean i didn't enjoy it all but at least he went out in a better way then being ripped apart or eaten like poor Mikey :(

I agree, it was a good way to go, but still, I don't want any of em too. :D I enjoyed 2 cause I thought Jill was amazing. I missed her alot in this film, but I guess 3 lead females woulda been a mess if she actually could have done it.

Didn't you think the zombies looked more like radio-active mutants than zombies? and I didn't get why the entire planet (SPOILER) was dead.

I did LOVE the end though, and was glad to see the baddie they had in store. it was a pleasant surprise, though it was over to fast, and the end, like I said, was kinda a dissapointment.

erosan
24-09-07, 05:23
i thought it was awesome, and the ending rocked

nicola1986
24-09-07, 10:20
Though I like the RE's and Alice is ok, I would like to see one that is based on the games.

PyramidRaider
01-10-07, 22:01
I loved this movie. I thought it was way better than the first two. With the way it ended, I so hope there will be a fourth.

oocladableeblah
01-10-07, 23:48
I loved this movie. I thought it was way better than the first two. With the way it ended, I so hope there will be a fourth.

I loved this movie too I liked it just as much as the second one maybe a little bit more. I can't wait for the fourth one.