And some info from wikipedia...

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=108301&page=5

Dakaruch
23-09-07, 17:29
Resident Evil 1 & 2

and all George A. Romero zombie movies

Legend of Lara
23-09-07, 17:29
Err... the only real zombie films I've watched are Resident Evil 1&2. :o I love zombies. They're so cuddly! :D

Legend 4ever
23-09-07, 17:30
Evil Dead 1 and 2. lol

amitabha
23-09-07, 17:35
Err... the only real zombie films I've watched are Resident Evil 1&2. :o I love zombies. They're so cuddly! :D

those aren't real zombie films. you fail.

Legend 4ever
23-09-07, 17:36
Please stop spamming, amitabha. Those are zombie movies. People were dead.

Lenochka
23-09-07, 17:40
those aren't real zombie films. you fail.
Get over it already, geez :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed
The evil dead series, And all three of the Resident Evil films (though 2 was rather sucky tbh =/ ) , Dawn of the dead (the new one, havent seen the older one yet) and of course Shawn of the dead :jmp:

Hyper_Crazy
23-09-07, 17:41
Resident Evil I & II. :D

amitabha
23-09-07, 17:42
People like the RE movies and consider them zombie movies since... they have zombies. Get over it already, geez :whi:

I really enjoyed
The evil dead series, And all three of the Resident Evil films (though 2 was rather sucky tbh =/ ) , Dawn of the dead (the new one, havent seen the older one yet) and of course Shawn of the dead :jmp:

The resident evil films are a disgrace to the zombie genre. If you can't see that you obviously fail...big time.

Legend of Lara
23-09-07, 17:45
And all three of the Resident Evil films (though 2 was rather sucky tbh =/ )

I actually loved Apocalypse. It was better than RE1... o_o

Mad Tony
23-09-07, 17:46
The resident evil films are a disgrace to the zombie genre. If you can't see that you obviously fail...big time.One could say you're a disgrace to the forums.
Anyways, I thought you were leaving?

The only zombie movie I've ever seen is Shaun of The Dead (parody of Dawn of The Dead). I loved it. :tmb:

Nathan0107
23-09-07, 17:46
lol the resident evil movies
and i loved shaun of the dead:vlol:

-DEBUG
23-09-07, 17:48
fat ass.

What justifies that comment? He doesn't share your opinion and is willing to shout about it, is that it?

-DEBUG
23-09-07, 17:50
go suck a ****ing dick you ****ing piece of ****!

That might be one of your last posts :)

Lenochka
23-09-07, 17:51
That might be one of your last posts :)

We can only hope :vlol:

vespertea
23-09-07, 17:51
Shaun of the Dead is where it's at.

Lenochka
23-09-07, 17:53
fire crotch.

Yes, Because people with a Hispanic background tend to have red hair :whi:

vespertea
23-09-07, 17:53
fire crotch.

You are going to get banned. So hard.

amitabha
23-09-07, 17:54
has anyone seen someone worse than me?

-DEBUG
Shaun of the Dead is where it's at.

I loved Shaun of the Dead! I watched it just the other night :)

fire crotch.

Congratulations, you just made the world's thinnest insult :)

Legend of Lara
fire crotch.

"Pop" goes amitabha? ;) Please stop posting rude posts and just leave if that's what you wanted to do in the first place instead of spamming the forums with insulting posts. You're just plain immature.

-DEBUG
23-09-07, 17:55

Why? Do you aspire to be an arse hole?

Legend of Lara
23-09-07, 17:56
hello

hello

hello

Aw. Cold feet? :p

Anyway, this has gone seriously :off:!I'm done with this thread. :wve:

vespertea
23-09-07, 17:57
*I saw Dawn of the Dead too -- that's the one with the mall, right? Or am I thinking of Land of the Dead? I can't remember which. Anyway, whichever one that one was, was a pretty decent movie. Doesn't beat Shaun of the Dead for me, but still good.

-DEBUG
23-09-07, 17:58
hello

hello

That doesn't change what we already quoted :)

Power-Evolution
23-09-07, 18:04
the Resident evil Movies

Dawn of the Dead is to Hard & to Scary for me :yik:

-DEBUG
23-09-07, 18:08
*I saw Dawn of the Dead too -- that's the one with the mall, right? Or am I thinking of Land of the Dead? I can't remember which. Anyway, whichever one that one was, was a pretty decent movie. Doesn't beat Shaun of the Dead for me, but still good.

Dawn of the Dead is in the mall, yes :)

Agent 47
23-09-07, 18:13
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Day of the Dead (original)
Land of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead (remake)

:D

vespertea
23-09-07, 18:17
Dawn of the Dead is in the mall, yes :)

Okay, cool. :D

BtoFu
23-09-07, 18:24

Yeah yah Moms.

Zombi 2 is the finest zombie flick I've ever had the pleasure of taking in. I also hold the following up pretty high..

Zombie Flesh Eaters
Evil Dead 2
The Beyond
Zombie Holocaust
Dawn of the Dead
Plaga Zombie
Demons
City of Rott
Wild Zero

Italo zombie splatter will always be King. :cool:

imaginarylight
23-09-07, 18:35
resident evil 1-3
dawn of the dead
shaun of the dead
28 days later

and house of the dead!...not

-DEBUG
23-09-07, 18:37
resident evil 1-3
dawn of the dead
shaun of the dead
28 days later

and house of the dead!...not

House of the Dead.... was absolutely dreadful. I won't watch House of the Dead 2.... because I don't want my head to explode :)

Alive_and_Funky
23-09-07, 18:40
I've not seen any zombie movies, but isn't Bruce Campbell in the Evil Dead movies? :D

Dez
23-09-07, 18:52
28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead; but Shaun Of The Dead rules!:D

touchmyheart
23-09-07, 18:54
28 days later is the only zombie movie I've ever seen. I mean sure I've seen plenty of horror movies, but there are so few with any zombie-goodness ;) Still havn't seen Shaun of the Dead :hea:

nicola1986
23-09-07, 19:16
I liked Evil Dead 1 and 2

Resident Evil 1 and 2
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Dawn of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
:D

TombRaiderLover
23-09-07, 19:22
I've not seen any zombie movies, but isn't Bruce Campbell in the Evil Dead movies? :D

Yes, he is. :p

ZX Beccy
23-09-07, 19:28
Naturally, the Romero films, Night Dawn and Day.

Loved the 'Return of the Living Dead' films, well, parts 1,2 and 3 - 4 and 5 weren't so good
Shaun of the Dead was great too....
Resi Evil 1 and 2 - can't wait for 3....
and I'll mention 'The Zombie Diaries' as it was original....

Not too sure about the remake of 'Day of the Dead' though, have to wait and see....

On the same sort of note - anyone else in here play the 'ZOMBIES!!!' game from Twilight Creations?

Clara [CA]
23-09-07, 19:43
I hate zombies, they really freak me out. So the zombies movies are my favourite kind of horror movies :p Dawn of the Dead is my fav by far !

RAID
23-09-07, 19:43
Resident Evil 1 & 2.

Zelda master
23-09-07, 20:05
Resident evil 1 and 2
Dawn of the Dead (for what ive seen)
House of the Dead (this movie is soooooooo bad that its actually fun :vlol:)

Lara Croft!
23-09-07, 22:08
Never thought zombies had some sort of real existence....

From wikipedia

A zombie or zombi is an animated human body devoid of a soul. In contemporary versions these are generally reanimated or undead corpses, which were traditionally called "ghouls". Stories of zombies originated in the Afro-Caribbean spiritual belief system of Vodou.

Voodoo
A Haitian zombie at twilight in a field of sugar cane.

According to the tenets of Voodoo, a dead person can be revived by a bokor or Voodoo sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. "Zombi" is also another name of the Voodoo snake god Damballah Wedo, of Niger-Congo origin; it is akin to the Kongo word nzambi, which means "god". There also exists within the voudon tradition the zombi astral which is a human soul that is captured by a bokor and used to enhance the bokor's power.

In 1937, while researching folklore in Haiti, Zora Neale Hurston encountered the case of Felicia Felix-Mentor, who had died and been buried in 1907 at the age of 29. Villagers believed they saw Felicia wandering the streets in a daze thirty years after her death, as well as claiming the same with several other people. Hurston pursued rumors that the affected persons were given powerful drugs, but she was unable to locate individuals willing to offer much information. She wrote:

"What is more, if science ever gets to the bottom of Voodoo in Haiti and Africa, it will be found that some important medical secrets, still unknown to medical science, give it its power, rather than gestures of ceremony."

Several decades later, Wade Davis, a Canadian ethnobotanist, presented a pharmacological case for zombies in two books, The Serpent and the Rainbow (1985) and Passage of Darkness: The Ethnobiology of the Haitian Zombie (1988). Davis traveled to Haiti in 1982 and, as a result of his investigations, claimed that a living person can be turned into a zombie by two special powders being entered into the blood stream (usually via a wound). The first, coup de poudre (French: 'powder strike'), induced a 'death-like' state because of tetrodotoxin (TTX), its key ingredient. Tetrodotoxin is the same lethal toxin found in the Japanese delicacy fugu, or pufferfish. At near-lethal doses (LD50= 5-8g/kg), it can leave a person in a state of near-death for several days, while the person continues to be conscious. The second powder, composed of dissociatives like datura, put the person in a zombie-like state where they seem to have no will of their own. Davis also popularized the story of Clairvius Narcisse, who was claimed to have succumbed to this practice. There remains considerable skepticism about Davis's claims, although there is wide belief among the Haitian people of the existence of the "zombie drug". The Voodoon religion being somewhat secretive in its practices and codes, it can be very difficult for a foreign scientist to validate or invalidate such claims.

Others have discussed the contribution of the victim's own belief system, possibly leading to compliance with the attacker's will, causing psychogenic ("quasi-hysterical") amnesia, catatonia, or other psychological disorders, which are later misinterpreted as a return from the dead. Scottish psychiatrist R. D. Laing further highlighted the link between social and cultural expectations and compulsion, in the context of schizophrenia and other mental illness, suggesting that schizogenesis may account for some of the psychological aspects of zombification

remote91
23-09-07, 23:20
The resident evil series, dawn of the dead remake and 28 days later :D still need to see 28 weeks later though!