PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Dakaruch-Again

Dakaruch
24-09-07, 15:39
The Chronicles of Dakaruch
A short story about my gameplay experience on Titan Quest

One day on the lands of ancient Greece, one old warrior was sitting on a tavern with his friends, talking about their life experiences. This old warrior was one of the fighters on the big battle against the ancient titans. His name was Dakaruch…
- So Dakaruch why don’t you tell us about your battles against the titans? You were one of the most important warriors on this battle!
- I’m not quite sure if I want to revive all those bad memories again…
- Please Dakaruch… We’ll pay you a nice gallon of wine!
- Ok then!
It all began after the civil wars here in Greece! I was a retired soldier, and as I was walking to my homeland, the city of Athens, some folks who lived around there told me we were being attacked by an evil force… Some demons were spawned by one of the old titans once imprisoned by Zeus, which somehow released from their eternal prisons! So what could I do? I was a soldier, it was my obligation to save those people from their terrible destiny. And besides that if I wanted to reach my home town I needed to fight against those beasts!
Suddenly one of these folks came to me running; telling me that his horses were being attacked by those monsters and if I managed to save his horses he would give me some golden coins. I was not quite sure of this battle since my battling skills were low and I was very tired, but the motivation from those golden coins that I much needed made me go and fight those beasts… They were the ugliest and strongest opponents I ever had! But somehow I managed to kill them… So I return to this peasant but he was killed by one of those beasts! One of his children told me that he was killed by a huge centaur who robbed them! I think for myself “so much work and bloodshed in vain” and proceed on my way to Athens…
On my way to Athens I somehow manage to regain my lost will for battle and find a small town devastated by those beasts. They somehow survived, but one of them was made prisoner by the centaurs who were ravaging those lands for their beverage.
The one who was made prisoner was the elder of the town, who could give me valuable information on my return to home. These people gave me some food and water, and some nice armour, so I could kill those drunken and enraged centaurs. I proceed through the woods and finally found the centaur encampment… They were drunk and had some really bad attitude, beating each others to know who would have the privilege to eat the elder. Suddenly it appears, it was their chief, an huge centaur with about 9 feet tall, and heavily armed. “I will never be able to kill those demons alone” I think with myself. So I start praying to the Father of all Gods, Zeus, and I suddenly start to feel a huge power inside me, my hands begin to burn and glow with fire around them and my swords gained this fire power as well! It was the powers of one of the gods at Zeus service, Hephaestus, the god of fire inside me.
I feel ready to battle now, and start to run into the centaur encampment slashing any flesh that stands in my way, killing many of the centaurs along the way. A strange noise comes from far away… It looks like the sound of a horn being blown to the wind, and then all of the centaurs get out of their tents enraged by their master call. They come all to attack me and somehow I get rid of them with my new powers. The only one left is the Centaur Lord, which comes running towards me, each of his steps making the floor tremble, and screaming at me in centaur language, which only gives me one choice, jumping into his back and somehow stab him with my blades.
So when he is 5 steps close to me I run to the side and jump onto his back. But he is not as easy to defeat as I initially thought! I need to grab him with all my strengths so I don’t fall into the ground. Then when we were reaching the town I manage to use one of my swords and slice is head off. It is not a good thing to do since their blood is acid, but I jumped from his back before it could hit me and made me loose any limb. I return again to the encampment and bring back the elder to his town, where he tells me that the only way to reach Athens is to go through Delphi and consulting the oracle.
-Dakaruch please tell us more, you have let us curious!
-Ok, just give me another glass of wine
So after resting a while in a small pension, I continue my journey through the lands of Greece, into the city of Delphi. Although I didn’t knew that great danger was waiting for me on the road ahead! As I was proceeding through the road, I find an Athenian soldier on the bridge to the road of Delphi. I tell me that the bridge was destroyed by some powerful creature and that I could not pass.
-So this means that I need to find another route? I asked
- Yes, you will need to pass through the lands of the Cyclops
The Cyclops was a huge beast, with the height of three men, who uses a huge club as a weapon, and with one single blow can kill an army. Already thinking about how bad my death would be, I go to the Cyclops land determined, at least, to try to kill the beast. The myths around this creature were not capable of describing its vileness or its strength! As I approach him, trying to stab him with one of my blades, he hits the ground with his club, making the ground tremble as an earthquake… He just left me stunned by his strength.
I only had one chance of killing him. I needed to throw at him one of my blades, in order to distract him, so I could stab him with the other one on a vital organ.
So when he was going to attack me with all of his vileness, I throw one of my blades, and hit him right in his eye… Although he was blind he still tried to attack me, so I quickly climb one of his legs, to his torso and stab him right in the heart!
He slowly starts to fall to his knees loosing his strength, and with a roar of pure pain he dies. I stick out my blade from his eye and somehow I feel sorry for the nasty creature… Now I could finally go to Delphi to see the oracle. Although through my journey I had seen many animals acting strangely… Some of them by nature peaceful had turn into some kind of rage and attacked anything they saw…
When I was near Delphi I start to see some cat-like creatures attacking the city. Some of the Delphi soldiers were already battling them, but their cat abilities were too strong for them. When they were almost all decimated one strange warrior appears! With some arrows he killed them and saved the city from genocide. He was a soldier that battled along with me in the Trojan War, his name was Odysseus one of the great heroes of Greece! He recognizes me from our battles and asks me what I was doing in that place.
-I’m here to consult the oracle!
-Did you bring one branch from the sacred olive tree?
-No… The old man must have forgotten to tell me that I needed that to speak to the oracle… Damn
-Oh! Just to warn you… There’s a gigantic spider in there and it set fire in the sacred mountain… I’ll go with you just in case!
-Better not. If you go the city will be unguarded and they will have trouble dealing with the cat creatures…
-Ok, but take this with you. It is an amulet to increase your strength and abilities.
So I went to the sacred mountain near Delphi, were the sacred olive grows. But what I found there was flames in the town on the top if the mountain, dead bodies everywhere and some incredible spiders… Far away I could see the sacred olive, and the spider queen guarding it! Somehow in the middle of all those flames the olive tree was intact and even without a burned leaf.
Near the spider queen there were 4 more gigantic spiders, using their huge claws as weapons and by their look they were ready to attack and slash any flesh in their way! They were hideous, and it fighting them was not my definition of fun… But I really needed a branch of that olive tree… When I get closer to them, when I got closer, they saw me and started running.....I thought to myself ”Well I won’t be able to kill them all at once… I need to attract one at a time” and then I start to run in front of them, but they don’t seem to let me go! Before I realise what’s happening they make a circle around me… Now I can’t run anywhere! I take my swords out, and get ready for attack. They attack me with their claws, but I duck and dodge while trying to give them a fatal hit.
When one of them tries to slice my head off with one of its claws I see an opening and cut one of its 6 legs. The spider falls into the ground, because of the pain from the wound, and when it happens she puts her head at my height, and I cut it off… But the other 3 spiders are not happy and attack simultaneously. Now it is all a lot harder, since they protect each other… There’s only one way out, which is using my magic powers of the fire, and burning them so I can steal the branch from the spider queen. I start casting my powers and find the strengths to make a fire twister… Everything in a radius of 4 meters is consumed by the flames including the spiders.
I looked at the olive branch and then at the huge monster in front of me and thought "this oracle better give me the news I want”. The spider queen was the greatest enemy I ever faced… She was 6 meters taller than me and had some huge claws that could cut a tree down… Like some spiders she could poison anything with her sting! She already killed some people from the village and let them to rot so she could feed on them later!
I approach to her and she makes a raged run into me, destroying everything in her path! I once again use my fire powers, but this time I invoke a Fire Beast. It has the strength of 10 men and its skin is made of melting rocks… The queen attacks and me and the Fire Beast stop her claws before she could slice any member from us. The Fire beast attacks and uses its huge fist against her stomach. The spider queen growls with the pain from that fiery attack and I stick my sword through her stomach. It was the stupidest thing I could have done since it put her even more enraged! I was doomed. Although my Fire Beast could make her go into pain we together could not kill her…
I was doomed. But I wouldn't give up no matter what. If I fail to take the olive branch I'm lost anyway. So I try a final hit but the spider strikes me down with her claw. I was down, almost unconscious and sure death was near. I heard the spider scream and I thought that it was just her being happy for killing me. But the hit never came. I felt a hand dragging me away. The scream was not out of joy, but out of pain from my friend's Odysseus arrows.
-Always here when I need you!
-Always in trouble!
The queen is blind and now we have an advantage. She cannot see us. My Fire Beast uses its fists in the spider stomach, and she once again growls with pain and falls into the ground. I jump with my swords ready to stick them in the spider back, while Odysseus uses his arrows to make her stay in the ground. In the next instant my two swords were in the spiders back and she was slain. I could now take the olive branch to the oracle, and hear her prophecy.
-Wow Dakaruch you had a great adventure!
-You can say that again! But the most terrifying part is still to come!
-Then tell us, don’t make us despair with such a curiosity!
-Ok my impatient friends
So as me and my friend Odysseus entered the City of Delphi we were shocked! The entrance of the City was completely destroyed, there were dead bodies everywhere and the white marble was tainted red with the blood of those who perished there. As we enter a soldiers patrol saw us and asked us where were we going, I told them that I was going to see the oracle and that the guy next to me was Odysseus one of the great heroes! They took us to the higher part of the city and there we could see part of its ancient glory and splendour. Everything was made of white marble. The vendors were selling their products in the main square, some were smiths, others were sorcerers selling potions and magical staffs! The Oracle was in the middle of the square in a round building surrounded by beautiful gardens. As I come near to the entrance on of the Apollo priests come and ask me if I’m coming for the oracle, I show her the sacred olive branch and she lets me pass! As I enter the Oracle I was stunned. The whole building was made of the finest stones and some Apollo statues made of gold were inside.
- Welcome seeker. You have come for a prophecy. I shall channel Apollo’s prophecy if he wills it. Give me the sacred Olive branch and I shall see what I can do!
- Here it is…
- Wait! I ,the Oracle of Great Apollo, am having a vision
The ancient ones
Emerge and run
In chaos full eruption
An evil band
In every land
Delighting in Destruction.

What seem shapeless
Formless and faceless
Their great ones is releasing
So to enslave
Both God and knave
Their sorrows thus increasing.

Who is man
To stay the hand
Of those the Gods can’t better?
And a hero yet
Takes the bet
To break the evil’s fetter.

Three lights of hope
To help you cope
One South, in sand an wonder
One to the East
Defeat the Beast
And tear their plan asunder

The final light
Will mark the fight
Where you must face your fear.
A door ajar
You travel far
And yet you find it near

the end for now! :p

i hope that you enjoy it :p

kryptonite23
24-09-07, 15:43
Great Story Daka!! :D

Autolycus
24-09-07, 15:44
Nice work :tmb:

Earthcane
24-09-07, 16:43
Woah, Dak, you really have a way with words!
Loved he story, cant wait to read more.

The Cyclops was a huge beast, with the height of three men, who uses a huge club as a weapon, and with one single blow can kill an army. Already thinking about how bad my death would be, I go to the Cyclops land determined, at least, to try to kill the beast. The myths around this creature were not capable of describing its vileness or its strength! As I approach him, trying to stab him with one of my blades, he hits the ground with his club, making the ground tremble as an earthquake… He just left me stunned by his strength.
I only had one chance of killing him. I needed to throw at him one of my blades, in order to distract him, so I could stab him with the other one on a vital organ....

I love anything to do with the mythical beasts and leviathans of Ancient Greece,
and I have to say I really got swept up in the action and violence.
I like to see a good old-fashioned swords-and-sandals gorefest!!
( One of the many reasons why i like the film 300 so much ;) )

So I went to the sacred mountain near Delphi, were the sacred olive grows. But what I found there was flames in the town on the top if the mountain, dead bodies everywhere and some incredible spiders… Far away I could see the sacred olive, and the spider queen guarding it! Somehow in the middle of all those flames the olive tree was intact and even without a burned leaf.
Near the spider queen there were 4 more gigantic spiders, using their huge claws as weapons and by their look they were ready to attack and slash any flesh in their way! They were hideous, and it fighting them was not my definition of fun… But I really needed a branch of that olive tree… When I get closer to them, when I got closer, they saw me and started running.....I thought to myself ”Well I won’t be able to kill them all at once… I need to attract one at a time” and then I start to run in front of them, but they don’t seem to let me go! Before I realise what’s happening they make a circle around me… Now I can’t run anywhere! I take my swords out, and get ready for attack. They attack me with their claws, but I duck and dodge while trying to give them a fatal hit.

Thrilling stuff there, reminds me of God of War-meets-Clash of the Titans :D
Great work!!!

One question, tho- your User profile says that you joined in July 2007.
How did you manage to clock up over 4,500 posts since then?

star girl
24-09-07, 16:52
I loved the poem the best! :tmb:

Dakaruch
24-09-07, 20:15
thank you everyone, i'm glad that you are liking! i hope that i can continue to please you all with this epic adventure :D

Woah, Dak, you really have a way with words!
Loved he story, cant wait to read more.

thank you very much :D

I love anything to do with the mythical beasts and leviathans of Ancient Greece,
and I have to say I really got swept up in the action and violence.
I like to see a good old-fashioned swords-and-sandals gorefest!!
( One of the many reasons why i like the film 300 so much ;) )

ah ah, i love greece as well, and since i loved the whole environment in the game Titan Quest i decided to make this story... i'm glad that you like the gore and all the action :p

Thrilling stuff there, reminds me of God of War-meets-Clash of the Titans :D
Great work!!!

thank you once more!

One question, tho- your User profile says that you joined in July 2007.
How did you manage to clock up over 4,500 posts since then?

that's a log story... :p
some will say that i am a gigantic spammer... it can be applied in some situations since sometimes i spam with some people, though it is not many time, i was never warned because of it!
what i can say is that i go often to Open Chat and i post in every thread... i really can't explain it well, but in the present time i have nothing to do so i spend all my time here...

touchmyheart
24-09-07, 20:17
Good stuff Daka :)

Earthcane
24-09-07, 21:15
that's a log story...
some will say that i am a gigantic spammer... it can be applied in some situations since sometimes i spam with some people, though it is not many time, i was never warned because of it!
what i can say is that i go often to Open Chat and i post in every thread... i really can't explain it well, but in the present time i have nothing to do so i spend all my time here...

LOL! Never new you fought in the Spam Wars! Hee hee ;)

Like I said, can't wait for more. The gorier the better :p
I'm fascinated with Greek monsters, my fave has to be the Manticore.

CroftScionGuard
24-09-07, 21:16
Well done Nuno! I like it!
If I pay you a glass of wine, will you tell more:D?

kooky
24-09-07, 21:45
Wow, great story Dakaruch, well done! :D :tmb:

Dakaruch
24-09-07, 21:51
Well done Nuno! I like it!
If I pay you a glass of wine, will you tell more:D?

hum can it be a nice vodka one? :D

thanks everyone:D

Jiji
25-09-07, 05:55
Wow Nuno !!! This is great I was so looking forward to see the end! Will there be more abouth the mighty Dakaruch? :p

I really loved it And the end it's just .....the posm is brilliant! Every word is in the right place :)

Well done great job! :)

:hug:

Anajrob
25-09-07, 12:58
Nice stuff, Dak :tmb: I really like the lyrics :)

tombraiderluka
25-09-07, 13:01
Wow,Nuno!
I haven't read the story quite till the end,but so far...amazing! :yik:
I will after I finish studying :hea: