PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Hits England

luckygchi
24-09-07, 16:47
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7010120.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7010250.stm

wow i thought it was a typhoon. woke me up this mourning and about 6ish and water was everywhere on the road and so windy hope it never happens again

Joe_16
24-09-07, 16:48
Blimey!

viper456
24-09-07, 16:49
I'm not surprised actually, it was awful this morning weather wise! No tornadoes out side here though :p

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 16:50
We had a very violent - if short-lived - rain storm this morning, and it's been very windy all day. Hopefully no damage yet.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 16:51
Woah! :eek:

I'm sure Gordon Brown will use a one off occurrence like this as an excuse to raise taxes.

SparkleCroft07
24-09-07, 16:51
Wow! Glad you're alright! :hug:

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 16:52

I'm sure Gordon Brown will use a one off occurrence like this as an excuse to raise taxes.

Hmmm, taxes for what exactly?

Laras Backpack
24-09-07, 16:52
I'm in London and it's been pretty windy, but nothing unusual. Maybe I slept through the really bad stuff. When I was a baby I slept through the mid 1980s tornado. So did my mum. She didn't know anything was wrong until she opened the curtains the next morning and saw the devistation. :D

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 16:54
Hmmm, taxes for what exactly?Probably something like air taxes. Or maybe he'll widen the congestion charge zone?

Who knows how he'll rob the British people of money next?

star girl
24-09-07, 16:55
Glad to hear you're all OK :)

in these arms
24-09-07, 16:56
God Damn weather kept me up all night!!:smk::smk:

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 16:57
Probably something like air taxes. Or maybe he'll widen the congestion charge zone?

:vlol:

Thanks Mad Tony, I needed that :D :hug:

jackali
24-09-07, 16:58
Well, I didn't know it was that bad. Oh well, 'twas probably worse elsewhere then.

Mad Tony

Thanks Mad Tony, I needed that :D :hug:Umm, did I say something funny? :p

Forwen
Tornado Hits England

Probably something like air taxes. Or maybe he'll widen the congestion charge zone?

Hehe

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 17:01
Umm, did I say something funny? :p

Well, suggesting that the prime minister will raise taxes because people have lost some roof tiles tickes my funny bone :D

deepbluesea
24-09-07, 17:01

had a problem getting into work this morning had to walk most of the way, tree's down all over the town

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:02
Well, suggesting that the prime minister will raise taxes because people have lost some roof tiles tickes my funny bone :DIt's not that. It's the fact that he will most probably blame this on the amount of pollution Britain produces thus raising air taxes etc.

Last Angel
24-09-07, 17:02
omg thats scary
was quite windy this morning, guess i got the aftermath of it seeing as i live not so far where it struck
glad everyones ok tho

tr_mitch
24-09-07, 17:03
Thought my window was gonna blow through. Because my bedrooms in the attic the noise is like amplified from it hitting the roof... its actually impossible to sleep in. :(

deepbluesea
24-09-07, 17:04
It's not that. It's the fact that he will most probably blame this on the amount of pollution Britain produces thus raising air taxes etc.

This almost like, whats the most obscure thing you can think of to talk about in this thread wind =taxes. I love the way your mind works :vlol: :vlol:

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 17:05
It's not that. It's the fact that he will most probably blame this on the amount of pollution Britain produces thus raising taxes.

Ahhhh, I see...

Anyway, back on topic found some more information and pictures about the squall line here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7010172.stm) :wve:

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:06
This almost like, whats the most obscure thing you can think of to talk about in this thread wind =taxes. I love the way your mind works :vlol: :vlol:Re-read my first post. Usually when out of the ordinary things concerning weather happen in this country the blame is always put on climate change. When actually it's just a freak tornado that has nothing to do with climate change.

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 17:09
Mad Tony, at the risk of sounding like someone who knows about the effects of climate change and how it affects weather patterns, you need to read New Scientist more ;)

deepbluesea
24-09-07, 17:09
Re-read my first post. Usually when out of the ordinary things concerning weather happen in this country the blame is always put on climate change. When actually it's just a freak tornado that has nothing to do with climate change.

True but why should you follow his example?

anyway back on topic , did anyone see them, all I did was here them

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 17:13
True but why should you follow his example?

anyway back on topic , did anyone see them, all I did was here themI'm not following his example. :confused:

No, I didn't. I was asleep. However, it was extremely rainy last night.

deepbluesea
24-09-07, 17:15
I'm not following his example. :confused:

I ment taking a topic and making an obscure connection to the pm. Just like he does with taxes :vlol:

Cat woke me up going crazy, thought the roof was going to come off. Just wondered if anyone had any good pics?

xcrushterx
24-09-07, 17:22
Tornado? OMG!

Zac Medley
24-09-07, 17:35
It's got nothing to do with pollution or Gordon Brown. Don't you know that this is all George Bush's fault?

danitiwa
24-09-07, 17:37
Crap! Hope everyone's all right!

Geck-o-Lizard
24-09-07, 17:41
Mad Tony, at the risk of sounding like someone who knows about the effects of climate change and how it affects weather patterns, you need to read New Scientist more ;)

Quoted for emphasis! lmfao!

Earthcane
24-09-07, 17:58
The Floods in July and now tornados? It looks like Global Warming really is at our doorstep.

Jack Croft
24-09-07, 18:00
Luckyl i didnt get hit! Even though one was very near! Hope everyone ok.

deepbluesea
24-09-07, 18:01
Gosh and this has never hit us in the past just because this doesn't happen very often doesn't mean its global warming, its part of the cycle of the earth. i wish people would stop getting washed up in the media. Do some rearch going back millions of years and you'll see this happens quite often, I'll just go get my proof.

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 18:02
The Floods in July and now tornados? It looks like Global Warming really is at our doorstep.Didn't I say, people?

These sorts of things are just freak weather storms. Not to do with "global warming" or anything like that.

@deepbluesea: Exactly my point. :tmb:

Greenkey2
24-09-07, 18:03
The process of climate change (aka, global warming) does not necessarily equate with 'warmer' weather, but a generally more unstable climate overall.

I'd say an increase in freak weather qualifies as proof of climate change (and more importantly climatologists know it does). But, as deepbluesea says, this is not a one-off event but part of the processes that have been going on from the Earth's creation.

deepbluesea
24-09-07, 18:05
http://environment.newscientist.com/channel/earth/dn11647-climate-myths-its-been-far-warmer-in-the-past-whats-the-big-deal.html

This does say things are changing but we may as well try to stop the tides for all the good it would do. I say stop trying to stop the inevetable and look to what needs to be done when it happens

They are part of global warming but soon after we'll get global cooling then it weill all start again

nicola1986
24-09-07, 18:54
The weather woke me up early this morning too, I'm glad I didn't see the news at the time I would have freaked, tornadoes scare me more than anything else :(

It was really wet and windy here though I didn't see a tornado, thank gosh! It was so dark though, now I think about it, I was confused at why it was calm one part of the street and the other, the trees were blowing like mad :/

maximum_123
24-09-07, 19:02
Wow! We had a violent thunderstorm last-night through to about 6AM this morning.

gotha-666
24-09-07, 19:20
:eek: glad ur all okaii !! :jmp::hug:

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 19:21
:eek: glad ur all okaii !! :jmp::hug:Yes. I am also glad people on the forums are all okay :p

kooky
24-09-07, 19:45
Wow! :yik: It is super rare for a tornado to hit england, they are mainly in the U.S. & Canada.

nicola1986
24-09-07, 19:46
Apparently we get around 33 a year though I'm not sure if that's true, I've never seen one thank gosh and I hope everyone affected is okay :)

luckygchi
24-09-07, 20:14
this is the best info i could find on youtube about global warming lol :D NOT!!!!

tGNJ42nt_Xk

findme
24-09-07, 20:26
Not surprised here, it is afterall, hurricane season. It was awful this morning though, I couldnt even look out the window.

Trying to outsmart everyone lol Mad Tony?