PDA

View Full Version : The Most Memorable Experience of Your Life

Mad Tony
24-09-07, 21:34
What is the memorable experiance you have ever had in your lifetime?

It can be anything from visiting The Grand Canyon to going wind surfing. :)

For me, it was when me, my mom and step dad walked from Fisherman's Wharf (August 2007) in San Francisco all up to Golden Gate Bridge, across it and back to Fisherman's Wharf again. It was an experience I'll never forget and I wanna go it again someday. :)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/mnts747/Vacation2007243.jpg
Such an amazing place. :)

Forever_Laras_56
24-09-07, 21:39
i went to the grand canyon its so cool but i couldent shand near the eadgs!:D

Rivendell
24-09-07, 21:41
Temple of Karnak at night time, then again during the day the next morning. Stunning place.
:tmb:

MiCkiZ88
24-09-07, 21:41
Going to Egypt. Stepping down in to a tomb in the valley of the kings. Felt amazing.
And of course like Riv said. Temple of Karnak.

nicola1986
24-09-07, 21:42
When I found out, after being rushed to hospital in a heck of a lot of pain, my left ovary had a cyst attached to it the size if a football and I'd have to have it surgically removed at 14 years old, left with only my right ovary and the doctors telling me I have to have yearly ovarian cancer checks and scans to make sure a cyst hasn't grown in my remaining one. Was not a fun time.

That and my first ever holiday abroad with my BF to Ibiza :D

Dakaruch
24-09-07, 21:43
for me it was my trip, due to finishing 12th grade and going to Uni :p

i wen't to Lloret del Mar(spain near Barcelona) and i wen't there with all my friends from school, we had a great time there

http://www.publiblanes.net/Reportajes/Lloret_de_Mar/lloret_de_mar_camino_amurallado2.jpg

and this rollercoaster kicked ass :p
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Rollercoaster_dragon_khan_universal_port_aventura_ spain.jpg

i loved it, because we all had a great time toghether and it was amazing... also it was in the Easter hollidays, our last hollidays before our final exams...

Rivendell
24-09-07, 21:43
Stepping down in to a tomb in the valley of the kings.

I nearly had heatstroke there! I'd do it again though! :D

Legend of Lara
24-09-07, 21:45
The first time Im went to another country this summer. :D The lovely island of Fuerteventura. :D

MiCkiZ88
24-09-07, 21:45
I nearly had heatstroke there! I'd do it again though! :D
Lol it did feel like that. Just the bloody guides annoyed me there. We weren't able to talk about the wall paintings or anything. Which tombs did you go to?

Rivendell
24-09-07, 21:47
Which tombs did you go to?

Gah, can't remember. It was 5 or 6 years ago!

Seth the something and Imohtep ring a bell though.

jarhead
24-09-07, 21:47
Walking out of a caravan at 8 o clock and lounging on St helens beach on the Isle of wight till breakfast. The whole beach to myself, watching the waves slowing lap in, not another soul to be seen. that or the last few days of year 11- something I truly miss

MiCkiZ88
24-09-07, 21:49

Seth the something and Imohtep ring a bell though.I was there about 3 years ago. Seti II tomb (the one with the mummy and the hole in his head) and two other tombs. Definitely want to go back there. Valley of the queens was amazing as well. That and some temple of Horus along the river Nile. Can't remember it's name =/ Edfu? :tmb:

jamieoliver22
24-09-07, 21:50
I know you will probably whine, but to be honest, meeting Laura for the first time was an amazing memorable experience of my life. It meant so much to me and it felt so amazing, it really is a memorable part of my life.

And I live a very sheltered life.. :p

Dakaruch
24-09-07, 21:52
Lol it did feel like that. Just the bloody guides annoyed me there. We weren't able to talk about the wall paintings or anything. Which tombs did you go to?

Seth the something and Imohtep ring a bell though.

i envy you both :p
i wish i could go there:D

Reggie
24-09-07, 21:53
The most memorable experience of my life, is memorable for all the wrong reasons and that's the memories I have is of visiting a concentration camp. It all felt so surreal at the time when I was there but it just kinda stays with you...

On a more positive note, I'll never forget the first time I played FFX with my best Friend. I was the first in the school to buy it...I must've been about 11 and the excitement I had and the absolute awe I was in at how impressive it was marks one of my last definitive childhood memories :)

Its nice to read about people's memories in this thread :tmb:

Rivendell
24-09-07, 21:53
Valley of the queens was amazing as well. That and some temple of Horus along the river Nile. Can't remember it's name =/ Edfu? :tmb:

Yeah Edfu. I'd love to go there!
On the trip we were supposed to be going to the V o Queens too, but for some reason that part of the trip was changed to the Temple of Hatshepsut, which was just as stunning!

Legend of Lara
24-09-07, 21:54
I know you will probably whine, but to be honest, meeting Laura for the first time was an amazing memorable experience of my life. It meant so much to me and it felt so amazing, it really is a memorable part of my life.

I just KNEW you'd say that! :p

MiCkiZ88
24-09-07, 21:59
Yeah Edfu. I'd love to go there!
On the trip we were supposed to be going to the V o Queens too, but for some reason that part of the trip was changed to the Temple of Hatshepsut, which was just as stunning!You have to go there. The temple is just amazing! It's so huge! Hatshepsut was pretty good as well. Just so weird the colours have stayed on for so long. For thousands of years and you still could see blue and golden colours.

Some other temple was pretty much ruined because the ''new comers'' had washed the temple with water so almost all of the colours were gone. And you could see burn marks in the ceiling because there had been camps set up there when there still was sand.

Aww man! Now I really want to go back to Egypt! :D

Reggie
24-09-07, 22:01
After reading these posts I just so want to go to Egypt, let alone have the luxury to go back to Egypt. You lucky, lucky people :p *points at Chris and Micki*

jamieoliver22
24-09-07, 22:02
I just KNEW you'd say that! :p

Yeah, well.. It really was. Not a lot happens in my life to be honest, and that was a very special thing to me.

MiCkiZ88
24-09-07, 22:07
After reading these posts I just so want to go to Egypt, let alone have the luxury to go back to Egypt. You lucky, lucky people :p *points at Chris and Micki*Well go there :D
The only bad memory from there is that I had the pharaohs curse :p

star girl
25-09-07, 00:13
Reading the very first offer to have a story of mine published overseas... Woahh........ :cln:

Earthcane
25-09-07, 00:26
Lovely pics, Dak!

I have three truly Memorable experiences:

3: Christmas morning, aged 5. When I got my first proper bike.
I will never forget that moment ;)

2: My first glimpse of my pet dog, Blackie, aged 9. He came to us as a stray one cold,
windy, October night. We've had him now for nearly a decade.
:hug::hug:

1: Many memorable experiences in Thailand. When i first saw the Skyscrapers in Bangkok,
The Golden Palace in the centre of the city, and a massive Buddha statue hewn from the side of a mountain along the coast, near Pattaya.

http://i20.************/15oxulv.jpg

http://i20.************/makqhu.jpg

http://i21.************/14oabud.jpg

Even more memorable than these, was when my sister was struck ill after a boat trip, with severe appendicitis. She looked awful and we were afraid that she was going to die.
Luckily our Uncle who lives there is a Doctor and had her booked into one of the best hospitals in the country, asap.
She's fine now.

http://i24.************/x4584p.gif

Fish.
25-09-07, 00:28
Going in a limousine to Applebee's. Mmm. :D

Also, when I met Samantha :D

star girl
25-09-07, 00:33
Oooh wait! :jmp: I remember a better one! :D

Two years back, one of the couisns closest to me was getting married (he has a beautiful baby daughter now :o) ... Now, one of my other cousins had a flu, and we had to go to another city for the wedding..... We're a large family, and it all started from the other sneezing boy..

At the end of the 4-day trip, we were all sick with cold, fever and horrible coughs. I mean EVERYONE! Even the GROOM on his wedding day had a high fever.. :vlol: And the guy who started it all, walked out, completely cured! :eek: :mad: :vlol:

Earthcane
25-09-07, 00:37
At the end of the 4-day trip, we were all sick with cold, fever and horrible coughs. I mean EVERYONE! Even the GROOM on his wedding day had a high fever.. And the guy who started it all, walked out, completely cured!

ROFL! :D;):)

Vicar: Do you take "x" to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Groom: Achooo! ( I mean, " I do"!)

Ikas90
25-09-07, 02:47
There have been quite a few memorable experiences in my lifetime, and I'm going to share one major event that had a huge impact on me, and made a huge difference in my life. This is information that I usually prefer not to disclose, but I've been here for over a year, and I'm comfortable with everyone, so I thought, why not?

As I have Asperger Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_Syndrome), I have had to deal with a very difficult, complicated and social life which differs from those who appear to be "normal" and adapt to everyday living. I was different; I was a selective mute at school for eight years, and the challenges to overcome that complexity were almost impossible.

It began when I was in Kindergarten. I didn't talk much to the people around me, and used to whisper in my teacher's ear to avoid being heard by the other children. At first, it may have been thought that I was just shy, but in fact, in was an Autistic tendency. My parents were worried about this behaviour, and had taken me to the doctor. It was then, that I was diagnosed with a mental disability falling along the Autistic spectrum. It's a condition which affects us mostly when we are young. I call it a gift now that I am older, and have sorted my selective-mutism problems.

I went to a special school for Years 1 and 2. I was actually talking a bit more in Year 1, as there were only four kids in our classroom, so I felt more comfortable in that environment. At the end of Year 1, I went for a holiday in Greece, and I was talking there with all my relatives, but I wouldn't speak any Greek due to my Autism. After I came back from Greece, that was when I stopped talking at school completely. It lasted me through all of Year 2, and I had to be transferred into a mental school. But just because I didn't talk, it doesn't mean that I didn't understand anything. I just felt uncomfortable speaking around others, which had an effect on my social life. Anyway, I stayed at this school for a while, until I started to develop further skills. I was transferred to a normal school in Year 3. I didn't talk at all, but I still enjoyed it nevertheless. A fair proportion of the time was fairly miserable, as I was bullied a lot, but I became used to it, and couldn't care less. Over time, I was developing a lot better, and I actually made a close friend, who I am still friends with today. There were lots of funny and memorable moments that we had together.

After Primary Schooling, I went to Greece again. This time, I wasn't talking to my relatives at all. I still enjoyed the holiday though. (This is where I got into Tomb Raider)

On coming back from Greece, I settled in to High School pretty well, but still wasn't talking. After Year 8, I was more mature. Though still not talking, I started to feel a little depressed. This is when I started wanting to talk. I knew I had to start talking sooner or later, because if I didn't talk, I knew that it would be very hard to do well, be happy, and have a good future. It was something I needed to achieve, or else I would have felt very lonely, and the challenges were next to impossible. I managed to survive Year 9 without speaking, and then I started to get worried. I thought I was never going to talk.

By Year 10, I was about 15 years old. I had promised my dad that I would talk by this age. He had given me advice on how to start talking. However, I wasn't able to succeed. I started to get professional help from a Psychologist. He helped me gain confidence in little steps at a time in order for me to be able to start talking. When I gained more confidence, the psychologist asked me to say "Hi," to my Year Advisers.

So, on the 1st of November, at Lunch time, I faced this challenge. The Year Adviser started pushing me to talk. I knew I had to get it out sooner or later, and I could actually feel a little bit of confidence inside me, and I knew that I had to try not to walk away from it. As soon as I found that ounce of confidence inside me, I grabbed and held on to it, and pushed myself to talk. It was very hard, and I was very nervous. Eventually, when time decided, I was able to holler the word "Hi," and my body felt like it had been struck by lightning. From then on, I had the confidence to talk to other teachers who asked me to talk to them.

On the 17th of November, the day of the Year 10 Formal, I spoke to the School Counsellor and actually got involved into a conversation. Later that day, I came home thinking about the Formal. I got there with a few friends, and we seated ourselves at the table. The party started and we got up to dance. As I got up, one of the guys that used to bully me all the time, Jake, came up to me and made fun of me infront of his girlfriend, telling her that I didn't speak. Boy, they were in for a big surprise. His girlfriend asked me to say "Hi". That's when it happened. I had enough confidence to say "Hi," to her, which resulted in a very surprised reaction from Jake, which caused a chain reaction as he spread the news around the whole Formal. The girl wasn't too surprised, as she didn't know me at all.

Yep. Sure enough, students were coming all around me to hear me talk as Jake continued to spread the news, telling all his friends, and them telling all their friends. People were gathering all around our table, asking me to talk to them, as none of them have ever heard my voice. It was a truly memorable experience for me.

Towards the end of the party, it was time for the awards presentation, with awards such as, best looking boy, best looking girl, etc. I was one who got an award for "Never Shuts Up". It was a sarcastic remark, in which people knew I didn't talk, they used to tell me to shut up. Yeah, it was time for payback. I stood up, went onto the stage and took the award. People sitting at the tables who knew I didn't speak, persuaded me to speak by sarcastic means. They never expected me to grab the microphone, and tell them to shut up. I did that successfully, and it had a great result, which has left me with a very memorable experience that I will never forget. We all partied for the rest of the night, and had a lot of fun dancing. It really is much more fun when you can interact with others verbally. I accomplished this challenge because I believed in myself, as per my signature.

I wish to continue to go on many more journeys, including travelling across Europe and meet someone who I dearly love. This will give me another great opportunity to have more happy experiences in life.

I hope you've enjoyed my story, and I hope it gives you some inspiration, and an idea of what it's like to live a life starting as an autistic person. I say this with a lot of heart, and I hope that this story will help others who are in similar situations. That's what my signature is there for too. Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything.

Does anyone else here have Asperger Syndrome? It's something I've been wondering for a while. I've never met anyone else like me.

myrmaad
25-09-07, 02:49
^That's a great story! :hug:

Many memorable times, but the winner is:

We renewed our vows after 25 years, in Jamaica:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/511182674_a335deb024.jpg

danitiwa
25-09-07, 05:10
/\
I love that picture, you guys look gorgeous, mymmad. :jmp:

Most memorable experience??? When my dog had 11 poopies.

http://images-047.cdn.piczo.com/i8/view/i/7/1/2/0/x/i/7/9/k/1/img/i11967877_66294_4.jpg
http://images-047.cdn.piczo.com/i8/view/i/7/1/2/0/x/i/7/9/k/1/img/i12196859_43683_4.jpg
http://images-047.cdn.piczo.com/i8/view/i/7/1/2/0/x/i/7/9/k/1/img/i73578928_29633_4.jpg
*Misses widdle poopies*

Spitfire
25-09-07, 05:16
My first rock Concert (Just last Friday!)

It was absolutely incredible, met all the bands, talked to em for awhile, even got to be up at the front against the stage where the guitarist from Before Their Eyesknew us from talking to him outside so he played just for me and my two friends the entire time and let me touch his guitar. Then had Paris, the bass player from LoveHateHero, let me stroke his guitar and he was like shaking my hair the whole time while i was rocking my head. It was an absolute blast!

MiCkiZ88
25-09-07, 05:17
Most memorable experience??? When my dog had 11 poopies.
Awww those look totally adorable.. but.. Thanks Dani. I'm just that tired & random that it made me :vlol: :D

danitiwa
25-09-07, 05:19
Awww those look totally adorable.. but.. Thanks Dani. I'm just that tired & random that it made me :vlol: :D

:D It's true though... They were little stinkers. :pi:

Nevertheless, I wubed them and they were my little yapping black teddybears. *needs to squeeze something to death at memory of puppies*

MiCkiZ88
25-09-07, 05:21
:D It's true though... They were little stinkers. :pi:
Haha, I know. Our Lab had 4 puppies and they did stink. But they were just so adorable! :D

danitiwa
25-09-07, 05:25
Haha, I know. Our Lab had 4 puppies and they did stink. But they were just so adorable! :D

LAB!? :yik: Sorry, that brings murky thoughts to mind. :vlol:

Elysia
25-09-07, 06:20
My wedding day... it might have been over 9 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

(Because this was in the days before digital cameras were widespread, all of our photos are 'proper' pictures, and I only scanned a couple... I didn't scan any of the two of us together, apart from honeymoon ones! How stupid am I?! :p)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/th_meinmyweddingdress.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/meinmyweddingdress.jpg)
Me, my sister (blonde) and my sister in law... I couldn't throw that bouquet - I would have brained someone!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/th_ScaryGrant.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/ScaryGrant.jpg)
Hubby looking like an extra from a cheap BBC modern day Dracula adaptation in his suit... (in our old flat, with the really nasty curtains... ahhh, memories! I first played TR in that flat...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/th_meandgrant1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/meandgrant1.jpg)
Me looking smug and hubby looking deranged on our honeymoon...

Gosh, we look so young!! :o

^That's a great story! :hug:

Many memorable times, but the winner is:

We renewed our vows after 25 years, in Jamaica:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/511182674_a335deb024.jpg
Such a lovely pic... I hope hubby and I look as happy as you do after 25 years! (We're hoping to do something similar at some point... although, since I am terminally silly, I want to go to Las Vegas and have some kind of hokey, Elvis led ceremony.. :p)

Legend 4ever
25-09-07, 06:45
Couple of them, can't just one:

1. The Prom!!!
2. The day I found out I have been casted for a major role in a movie.
3. The day I met someone...

But these are just some, everyday sth memorable happens to me. I love my life. And even when sometimes I hate it, I know it is just a phase.

Little-Lara
25-09-07, 07:35
/\ Oohhh u'r a movie starrr. :cln:

My most memorable and best day of my life (so far) was my prom. I wore a beautiful black skirt with silver/gray lining and black netting on top. And the top was a v-cut bottom with silver lace and beads...and hair curled, and a hair jewel. :jmp: and my guy friend as my date. Best day....

Bonez
25-09-07, 15:30
Going to see Avril Lavigne live.

It was so amazing. I can still picture me sitting down reading the programme. And then suddenly the lights dimmed and the crowd absolutely mental. :jmp: I almost felt... nervous :p

After a cool intro it was straight into Losing Grip and she ran out onto stage just before the first line. And there she was running around, smiling, waving... :D

Laurencarter
25-09-07, 16:10
When I nearly stepped on a snake in the Kalahari Desert

RockSteady101
25-09-07, 16:16
Sad
At The Age Of 4, Getting Bitten From The Nape Of My Neck To The Top Of My Head By A Dog, In Two Teeth Shaped Rows, And Having To Have My Ear Sowed Back Up The Way As It Was Teared/Ripped Right Down Along Were It Joins The Side Of My Head, And It Also Just Missed My Jugulaer Vein By Half An Inch So I Nearly Died :/

Happy
Going To See Gwen Stefani At The Glasgow SECC On The 20th September 2007, What...A...Night, I Love Her ND And Solo Music, Always Did, What A Show And What A Woman! :)

danitiwa
25-09-07, 16:21
Couple of them, can't just one:

1. The Prom!!!
2. The day I found out I have been casted for a major role in a movie.
3. The day I met someone...

But these are just some, everyday sth memorable happens to me. I love my life. And even when sometimes I hate it, I know it is just a phase.

Cool, which movie? :yik: (If I may ask. :D)

Rickéh
25-09-07, 16:32
The 2 Christina Aguilera concerts i've been. ^^

Angel_14
25-09-07, 16:36
1. The day quited being a model
2. The day when I got the Intermediate English Exam results. 80 percent for both oral and written! :D

And there are many, many, but I sadly can't remember them...

danitiwa
25-09-07, 16:37
1. The day quited being a model
2. The day when I got the Intermediate English Exam results. 80 percent for both oral and written! :D

And there are many, many, but I sadly can't remember them...

Went from model to smart then eh? :D I'm glad you quit sis. :hug:

Angel_14
25-09-07, 16:45
Went from model to smart then eh? :D I'm glad you quite sis. :hug:

I quit becasue they told me the three feared words: "Lose some weight". I don't want to be anorexic, thank you very much. I'm glad too :)

danitiwa
25-09-07, 16:52
I quit becasue they told me the three feared words: "Lose some weight". I don't want to be anorexic, thank you very much. I'm glad too :)

Tell them girlfriend.... :ohn: I hate that! That's the reason half girls die today; GET THIN, UR OOGLY COZ UR BEYOND SIZE FOUR! ZOMG.

I hate that. Look at Amy Lee/Queen Latifah: Living example that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

Bonez
25-09-07, 19:46
Tell them girlfriend.... :ohn: I hate that! That's the reason half girls die today; GET THIN, UR OOGLY COZ UR BEYOND SIZE FOUR! ZOMG.

I hate that. Look at Amy Lee/Queen Latifah: Living example that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

People can be naturally very thin though.

danitiwa
25-09-07, 19:48
People can be naturally very thin though.

I know that, but the people who aren't shouldn't be forced to be. I think as long as you're healthy you don't have to be a size four. I'm naturally wide shouldered and small hipped, and any designer would puke if he saw me. I consider myself very pretty anyways. :wve: (Not to brag or anything. :p)

Bonez
25-09-07, 19:49
I think all this anorexia thing is so stupid.

Girls can be damned hot without being stick thin. :D

jamieoliver22
25-09-07, 19:52

I would go for curviness over stick thin any day :p Humps and bumps in just the right places :p:D

danitiwa
25-09-07, 19:52

Ditto, look at Lara. She's not thin, she's fit and physically Healthy.

Not like most catwalk models that are bulmics, Annorexics, Drug addicts, smokers and all that other crap. Catwalk model is the worst career in the world if you ask me. Except for prostitute.

Swimsuit models though: They have to be fit, eat healthily. So that's not a too bad career actually.
I would go for curviness over stick thin any day :p Humps and bumps in just the right places :p:D
I think you already have right? :tmb: Good for you Jamie.

da tomb raider!
25-09-07, 19:56
I don't have any memorable experiences in my life...

jamieoliver22
25-09-07, 19:58
I think you already have right? :tmb: Good for you Jamie.

Indeed I have :p I think she has a perfectly amazing body, but being a woman, she disagrees... :pi::p

danitiwa
25-09-07, 19:59
Indeed I have :p I think she has a perfectly amazing body, but being a woman, she disagrees... :pi::p

:vlol: Well you know us Ladies, we're never satisfied. :p

ThomasCroft
25-09-07, 20:00
Yeah, I agree, girls who go overboard and become seriously underweight to look pwetty have either got mental problems, or are under immense pressure. Either way, these people need help. As I've said before on the forums, sometimes I feel really sorry for girls because the media is constantly trying to pressurize them into being something either unhealthy, slutty or generally something they're not. Girls are individuals, not sex-objects. They don't have to try to fit in or be anything, other than themselves. The media is incredibly wrong to preach otherwise.

Anyway, that's waaay off-topic.

I guess my most memorable (and cringing) moment was when a girl randomly tried to kiss me. I didn't like her, and I didn't know what to do. I pulled away and said I needed to brush my teeth, but I never came back.

Yeah I know, that really doesn't fit well with the earlier part of my post. :p

maximum_123
25-09-07, 20:19
When I went to Egypt. Temple of Karnak. But the whole... watch where you step. Be Quiet. Don't touch was so annoying. But I'd do it again.

Another one was when laying on the beach with mybest friend just talking with the waves and water smoothly flowing past us at sunset. What a great night...

Joe_16
25-09-07, 20:25
I don't know really.

One thing I will always remember is being dropped off at university hundreds of miles from home, then watching my parents get in the car and leave.

Legend 4ever
25-09-07, 20:26
Cool, which movie? :yik: (If I may ask. :D)

I can't give away much, it is a movie about Albert Einstein and it is filmed in England, Italy and Serbia.

Last year I was with Rachel Weisz, Adrien Brody and Mark Ruffalo in a movie called The Brothers Bloom. That movie comes out in 2008.

Little-Lara
26-09-07, 01:11
Sad
At The Age Of 4, Getting Bitten From The Nape Of My Neck To The Top Of My Head By A Dog, In Two Teeth Shaped Rows, And Having To Have My Ear Sowed Back Up The Way As It Was Teared/Ripped Right Down Along Were It Joins The Side Of My Head, And It Also Just Missed My Jugulaer Vein By Half An Inch So I Nearly Died :/

Ohh dear God... U poor little soul... :(:( :eek: I'm so glad u turned out fine.

_Lam
26-09-07, 01:14
Most memorable experience ? If it's not a trip does it work ?

Anyway, for me it would be the first day when I got a dog, it may sound stupid and silly, but it was probably the one of the best day in my life.
Don't laught at me.

Encore
26-09-07, 01:41
Throughout my little sad and pathetic life I can only think of music as what kept (and keeps) me going and so the two most memorable moments that immediately came to mind upon looking at this thread were:

-A Tool concert I went to a year ago.. I felt like the whole world including myself had disappeared or dematerialized and all that was left was the music and the lights. Needless to say every single time I listen to their music I wish I could go back to that concert.

-The first moments of seeing Gerard Way live.. :o (this is embarassing but ok). The song was This Is How I Disappear, opening the first and so far only concert MCR gave here, so the moment was even more impressive because that song is apocalyptic.

PARANOIA
26-09-07, 02:05
Well, there was that one time when I blew up a puppy in the mic-

Wait, you've all heard that one already.

Uh, my trip as a finalist to the National Scripps-Howard Spelling Bee kind of ranks up there.

vespertea
26-09-07, 02:07
Well, there was that one time when I blew up a puppy in the mic-

Wait, you've all heard that one already.

Uh, my trip as a finalist to the National Scripps-Howard Spelling Bee kind of ranks up there.

That made me burst out laughing. Once again. :rolleyes:

PARANOIA
26-09-07, 02:19
That made me burst out laughing. Once again. :rolleyes:

That's the last time. Seriously. :o

kooky
26-09-07, 04:05
Mine was going to Toronto, Canada at the age of 5 or 6. :D

danitiwa
26-09-07, 05:00
Yeah, I agree, girls who go overboard and become seriously underweight to look pwetty have either got mental problems, or are under immense pressure. Either way, these people need help. As I've said before on the forums, sometimes I feel really sorry for girls because the media is constantly trying to pressurize them into being something either unhealthy, slutty or generally something they're not. Girls are individuals, not sex-objects. They don't have to try to fit in or be anything, other than themselves. The media is incredibly wrong to preach otherwise.

Anyway, that's waaay off-topic.

Well, it happens mainly because we actually beleive that crap on TV, they earn money and keep it up. So we're not helping the issue either.

I can't give away much, it is a movie about Albert Einstein and it is filmed in England, Italy and Serbia.

Last year I was with Rachel Weisz, Adrien Brody and Mark Ruffalo in a movie called The Brothers Bloom. That movie comes out in 2008.

Cool! :tmb:

star girl
26-09-07, 09:22
ROFL! :D;):)

Vicar: Do you take "x" to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Groom: Achooo! ( I mean, " I do"!)

:vlol:

Well, I wasnt present when the groom said that (they're done privately here) but I can guess that happened!!! :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

LOL, he had just asked me the day before: "Have YOU caught the cold, or did the COLD catch you?" :pi:

The next day I said the same thing to him! :p

myrmaad
26-09-07, 09:47
My wedding day... it might have been over 9 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

(Because this was in the days before digital cameras were widespread, all of our photos are 'proper' pictures, and I only scanned a couple... I didn't scan any of the two of us together, apart from honeymoon ones! How stupid am I?! :p)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/th_meinmyweddingdress.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/meinmyweddingdress.jpg)
Me, my sister (blonde) and my sister in law... I couldn't throw that bouquet - I would have brained someone!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/th_ScaryGrant.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/ScaryGrant.jpg)
Hubby looking like an extra from a cheap BBC modern day Dracula adaptation in his suit... (in our old flat, with the really nasty curtains... ahhh, memories! I first played TR in that flat...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/th_meandgrant1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/meandgrant1.jpg)
Me looking smug and hubby looking deranged on our honeymoon...

Gosh, we look so young!! :o

You look so beautiful, and very happy. Your hubby's quite handsome too, I think he looks great in his suit!

Such a lovely pic... I hope hubby and I look as happy as you do after 25 years! (We're hoping to do something similar at some point... although, since I am terminally silly, I want to go to Las Vegas and have some kind of hokey, Elvis led ceremony.. :p)

That's funny! I'm wishing you the best! The second time trumped the first, just because we'd made it so far!

kill bill
26-09-07, 10:27
Meeting Quentin Tarantino!:D:D

BlackGrey
26-09-07, 10:35
September of the year before last, lying on the sand dunes at 11 o'clock at night with my boyfriend... er... staring at the stars :whi:

Zac Medley
27-09-07, 04:18
Great thread! I remembered a very memorable event today when I picked up my son from school. We walked home and went past a Persimmon tree that was bursting with fruit. Now, when persimmons are ripe they are pretty good, but when they're not they are one of the most unpleasant things you could ever put in your mouth.

I worked with a Chinese Scientist one summer and he told me that they harvest Persimmons and then keep them in the fridge all winter and they are ready in the spring. I never tried that, but it reminded me of the best Persimmons I ever had in my life.

I was under contract with the North Carolina Nature Conservancy to collect seeds of various rare species, and one of them just happened to have a huge population in the Tripoli Drop Zone of Ft. Bragg, in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The home of the 82nd Airborne. So I had security clearance and freedom of movement around certain parts of the base.

I found the rare plants in a widespread area of desert-looking tundra, on the edge of the drop zone where they practice parachute jumps, and there were scrubby low bushes all over the place. It turned out that the bushes were stunted Persimmon trees that grew that way because of the way that the US Army manages the area. It was a hot day and I was baking in the sun while I was working, and out of curiosity I tried a Persimmon. It was hot from the sun, and so soft that it squished when I picked it, and it was the sweetest Persimmon I have ever tasted in my life (and never since).

The Airborne were practicing dropping cargo that day so I sat back and stuffed myself with Persimmons while watching the C-130s fly over, dropping huge crates on parachutes.

Pretty memorable.

star girl
27-09-07, 09:58
/\ Aiiee That is sho shweet! :hug:

nicola1986
27-09-07, 11:24
That's a lovely story Zac :)

Zac Medley
27-09-07, 16:23
/\ Aiiee That is sho shweet! :hug:

Yes, it was very sweet, I wish I had made jam out if them.

nicola1986
27-09-07, 16:31
I forgot the time when I was about 6 years old, my dad was carrying me on his shoulders and he got tired so he sat down on the grass with me still there and I fell back into a pile of stinging nettles, I'll never forget that, my dad thinks it's hilarious :pi:

I had to sit in a cold bath for an hour 'cos my back was full of stings, though when I think about it, it was pretty funny! :D

tampi
27-09-07, 17:12
and this rollercoaster kicked ass :p
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Rollercoaster_dragon_khan_universal_port_aventura_ spain.jpg

Yesterday I see on TV a documentary about this rollercoaster. They put 8 balls of all type and weight in the first wagon floor.
All the balls except a rugby-ball arrived at their destiny perfectly. Only moved throughout the passage a little :eek:

I believe that I have two or three great experiences in my life.
:) The one that I remember more now is the birth of my little daughter. :)

Thorir
27-09-07, 18:57
I canīt really think of anything... :(

Veronica Ma
28-09-07, 05:29
I canīt really think of anything... :(Me neither :vlol:

ivannnnn
28-09-07, 08:33
The Most Memorable? The answer is LOVE, Bean!!! :vlol:

I wanna go to England or Japan someday :whi: . Amin :jmp:

star girl
28-09-07, 09:15
Yes, it was very sweet, I wish I had made jam out if them.

:vlol:

Zac, you kill me :D

Elysia
28-09-07, 09:35
I canīt really think of anything... :(
Is that because you anything memorable has been usurped by your dear friends Blossom Hill and Ernest Julio Gallo, my dear? ;)

(I kid! I kid! :hug:)

extragirl
28-09-07, 10:31
I never forget my gymnasiu christening

extragirl
28-09-07, 10:32
i will make thread with photos from gymnasium christening

danitiwa
30-09-07, 12:19

What role did you get? Some of my friends auditioned for it! :wve: