PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so Dang Hard!?

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 00:09
I try to keep in shape, but its incredibly hard for me. I like to eat, and because my metabolism I believe is literally nonexsistant, the only way I can stay in shape is to A. Not Eat, or B. Eat very little.

It makes me so mad! :hea: All my friends pig out all the time, and they all look amazing, they never work out either. And when I tell them Im not hungry (even though I am) they get mad at me.

I'm not anorexic....just making that clear, and I do work out, but I've tried working out and eating, and it just doesn't work. The only thing I can do is eat maybe 400-600 calories a day, and work out. I'm worried about being unhealthy, but I don't wanna gain weight...:(

stupid metabolism...

ihatecold17
26-09-07, 00:13
im sorry. i feel bad for people with slow metabolisms. mine is fast so i dont gain weight no matter what.

2kool4u
26-09-07, 00:13
Wow im totally oppisite. I need to gain wait. My metabolisim is waay to high.

ajrich17901
26-09-07, 00:14
I say eat whatever ya want and keep exercisein :)
I do it when i see the weight creepin up then u exercise hard

viper456
26-09-07, 00:14
I have read in a few places that drinking green tea can increase your metabolism. Obviously its not going to solve all your problems and I wouldn't believe it 100% but have a read on google to see what you can find out and maybe find some other things like that too. Never know :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-09-07, 00:31
Sounds like you've got yourself an unfortunate situation. Pretty much what I advise is to get your metabolism up. Try running every day (that will work wonders), and look up other ways to boost your metabolism. Once you get your metabolism up, you're pretty much good to go as long as you don't overdo it with the food.

Still, keep in mind what you eat. My metabolism is really high, but I still try to eat healthy. I'm not a freak with it, and I still eat junkfood sometimes, but regardless, make an effort to eat healthy consistently. Less processed foods especially.

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 00:38
Thanx for the advice you guys. I think Ima try to do some detox and maybe see a nutritionist for some help. I get plenty of cardiovascular excersise, but not as much muscle-building, and I know thats important.

It would just be easier if I didn't have my friends in my face ALL the Time, eating cheesburgers and cookies and drinking sodas haha. Its hard to say no to them when they all wanna order a pizza lol.

LOL...I've been looking up diets for the past few minutes, and I see them all, even low-calorie ones, with a minimun of 1200 calories daily! lol...that sounds like SOO much to me! Its wierd. I'm worried somethings wrong with me simply because I can barely eat 500 a day and not gain weight. Do you think I could possibly have a problem that is keeping my metabolism low? Its really extreme, kinda has me worried. :/

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-09-07, 00:57
I just took a break to eat dinner after I posted and I was thinking about you. When I started to think about it more, I thought that you really might have something getting in the way of your metabolism, metically speaking. I don't know what, but it wouldn't hurt to see a doctor. I remmeber you posting a thread earlier about sleeping a lot, and then still feeling tired. You sound fatigued, and like you've already said, your metabolism is ridiculously low. I'd definitely get that checked out if I were you.

erosan
26-09-07, 01:47
if you eat 400-600 cals a day, you will actually gain weight. I suggest you eat about 300 calories every 3 hours. that, and having a good run works for increasing your metabolism. At least that's what works for me.

star-dust
26-09-07, 05:33
I have read in a few places that drinking green tea can increase your metabolism. Obviously its not going to solve all your problems and I wouldn't believe it 100% but have a read on google to see what you can find out and maybe find some other things like that too. Never know :)

*goes out to buy green tea*
:ton:

I hear you, I have a slow metabolism and while I'm not fat or anything, I got meat. :p I have tried exercising and stuff and it is like errghhh, I just feel I grow bulkier. :confused:

So then I figure, I only live once, haha.

troy tr
26-09-07, 08:14
It's got to do with your blood. People with O blood have to exercise a lot (I mean extensively!) while others like A, B and AB can do light exercises like yoga, slow walk and stuff. I read this in a book btw. Being a O blood myself, I find myself getting weight easily if I eat more servings but when I went to the gym often every week, I lost weight and gain more edge faster.

Just eat healthily, drink a LOT of water (no soda, sorry) and exercise. It'll do wonders to you. ;)

Ikas90
26-09-07, 09:08
Well balanced diet + Regular excercise would be good. Your metabolism slows down the more you don't eat. You need to eat healthy, and you need to be more physically active. Eating little or no food is only going to slow down your metabolism; You need to actually excercise aswell.

And another good idea would be to try and adjust your sleeping pattern. Make sure you always get a good nights sleep.

myrmaad
26-09-07, 09:26
Please see a doctor, Soma, to rule out any medical problems. A problem with your thyroid could make you sluggish, fatigued, and slow your metabolism, so be sure to ask to have that checked out.

A recent government study found that people who were most successful using a diet had one thing in common: they kept a detailed food diary.

It's difficult to get enough cardio even when you try. Your goal, after you're checked out by your physician, is to get 200 minutes of "Elevated Heart Rate" cardio a week. Learn how to check your heart rate or invest in a monitor. It's easier just to learn to check it yourself. The trouble some folks have with cardio, is that they don't sustain the elevated heart rate, they back down or stop once their heart rate is elevated.

The kind of food you eat is incredibly important to metabolism as well. In a word, VEGETABLES! Limit meat to about 3 ounces. Make sure you get a good balance in your overall diet: 50% COMPLEX Carbs, 30% Protein, 20% Fats.

Avoid simple carbs: anything made with WHITE flour is a simple carb. Read the labels: anything that contains sugar, fructose, or corn syrup near the top of the list is loaded with simple carbs.

As someone else suggested eating frequent small meals (about six small meals a day), will do much more to speed up your metabolism, then the "3 square meals" we were brought up with.

Admles
26-09-07, 09:34
Okay, what I want you to do for any meals after midday is to eat only half of them. If you're still hungry, eat half of what is left.

When you get up in the morning, do 15-20 mins of cardio before eating breakfast. Do something you will enjoy and is a lot of fun.

Make sure you ARE eating breakfast by the way. A nice, low-glycemic breakfast, with complex carbs is what you want to keep you going throughout the day.

I want to see you eating 5-6 smaller meals a day, each spaced out 2-3 hours apart. This will help to speed up your bodies metabolism, because its constantly getting food it doesn't need to store food or slow down.

Increase your water intake, maximum of 4 litres a day. Too much is overkill, too much is bad for you. The right amount will keep you hydrated, will stop your body holding water, and help with fat metabolism.

Now, remember that exercise alone will not do it, the diet is most important. Eat clean, and if you have ANY questions about how, please PM me and I will help you.

One of the best things you can do is take up resistance training ie training with weights, or bodyweight exercises. This is the best way to increase your lean muscle mass, which will increase your metabolism. Focus on basic, free-weight movements, not machines or cables.

Green tea can be of some help; it is a natural thermogenic (ie fat burner), but its not a miracle worker; it will give a slight boost, but it will be useless without having everything else in place. Additionally, you'd be better with Green Tea extract tablets, they are more effective and easier to take than drinking cups of tea all day.

Avoid eating and exercise in the 2 hours before bed, this will help you sleep, plus your body doesn't digest as well while you are sleeping; it is busy repairing your body.

These basic principles apply to anyone; ignore any fad diets like Atkins, Blood Type, The Zone, Raw Food blah blah They have all been shown to only promote short-gain weight loss, which many people gain back, and are not good for you. Common sense is the name of the game.

Unless you have some serious thyroid problems, you can get in shape. If your body didn't have the ability to repair itself, use energy and store energy, you'd be dead.

This will take time, so don't get disheartened.

If you want further, specific help, PM me and I will help your further. :D

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 14:40
Okay, what I want you to do for any meals after midday is to eat only half of them. If you're still hungry, eat half of what is left.

When you get up in the morning, do 15-20 mins of cardio before eating breakfast. Do something you will enjoy and is a lot of fun.

Make sure you ARE eating breakfast by the way. A nice, low-glycemic breakfast, with complex carbs is what you want to keep you going throughout the day.

I want to see you eating 5-6 smaller meals a day, each spaced out 2-3 hours apart. This will help to speed up your bodies metabolism, because its constantly getting food it doesn't need to store food or slow down.

Increase your water intake, maximum of 4 litres a day. Too much is overkill, too much is bad for you. The right amount will keep you hydrated, will stop your body holding water, and help with fat metabolism.

Now, remember that exercise alone will not do it, the diet is most important. Eat clean, and if you have ANY questions about how, please PM me and I will help you.

One of the best things you can do is take up resistance training ie training with weights, or bodyweight exercises. This is the best way to increase your lean muscle mass, which will increase your metabolism. Focus on basic, free-weight movements, not machines or cables.

Green tea can be of some help; it is a natural thermogenic (ie fat burner), but its not a miracle worker; it will give a slight boost, but it will be useless without having everything else in place. Additionally, you'd be better with Green Tea extract tablets, they are more effective and easier to take than drinking cups of tea all day.

Avoid eating and exercise in the 2 hours before bed, this will help you sleep, plus your body doesn't digest as well while you are sleeping; it is busy repairing your body.

These basic principles apply to anyone; ignore any fad diets like Atkins, Blood Type, The Zone, Raw Food blah blah They have all been shown to only promote short-gain weight loss, which many people gain back, and are not good for you. Common sense is the name of the game.

Unless you have some serious thyroid problems, you can get in shape. If your body didn't have the ability to repair itself, use energy and store energy, you'd be dead.

This will take time, so don't get disheartened.

If you want further, specific help, PM me and I will help your further. :D

So breakfast should be the biggest meal? I've never been a breakfast person, but I usually make myself it a energy bar or some type of grain/fiber rich food. I usually don't excersise in the mornings because I have classes at 8, but I do walk about half a mile to get to them. :/

The only problem I have with eating so often during the day is that I hate excersising after I eat, it makes my stomach hurt alot. How small should the meals be? I'd usually eat a small breakfast, excersise about an hour and a half at noon, then eat a small meal in the evening, followed by some cardio workouts.

I have some weights, but I dont do them as much cause I get bored. Id much rather do a workout video, run, or my favorite...play DDR for hours lol. But I've done it before. And if itll help, ill do it again.

Water may be the problem for me. My daily liquid intake is usually diet sodas or gatorade. :/ I just hate water, its nasty IMO. But I'll do it. :p

What about detox diets? I hear that its important to do those a few times a year, but I've never really done anything but look up a few. I thought it would be a good start for a more healthy lifestlye, but veggies and good food would seem great after a few weeks of only cabbage soup or lemonade and maple syrup lol! Ever heard anything possitive about these?:confused:

thanx everyone.

danitiwa
26-09-07, 14:42
im sorry. i feel bad for people with slow metabolisms. mine is fast so i dont gain weight no matter what.

*curses at iHC*

I know how it feels, all I have to do is look at food and I'm a million pounds!

Elysia
26-09-07, 15:10
Has anyone ever told you that actually, it's not a crime to be possibly 'bigger' if you're healthy?

I am a big girl. Okay, I'm not a whale (UK size 16 - 18), but I'm not going to get any modelling contracts any time soon. And I have spent near enough my whole life despising myself because I'm not what other people think I should be.

I have spent years trying to get into a size (UK) 12 (to get into a 10, I'd have to physically shave my hip bones - seriously). I have spent hundreds on various potions, diet books, faddy foods (how many different variations of the soup diet have I been on? I dunno - I lost count!), faddy exersize gizmos - everything to try to allow me to shift those extra pounds that, for everyone else, being a bit more active and cutting down on chocolate would shift. None of them have worked (or if they did, as soon as I started to live normally again i.e. not starve myself on diets intended for rapid weight loss before major surgery, I put it all back on again...).

I have also spent years literally loathing what I am and wishing I was someone different.

I do not want anyone else to go through what I've gone through - unfortunately, unless the media and society's attitude changes towards those of us who are genetically predisposed to not being skinny, hundreds of thousands of people will.

I eat healthily (salads for lunch with no dressings and fruit for afters, no snacks, homecooked meal using fresh ingredients at night (not frying because I don't like fried food). I only drink water (on the whole I can't stand fizzy drinks). I don't drive, so I walk literally everywhere. I cycle. I have an active job (well, it is the way I do it... :p). In fact, people are often astounded at the amount of energy I have - I am strong, have excellent blood pressure and a healthy heart - this should be enough, but all the pressure isn't on being healthy, it is upon being thin.

And it isn't fair.

Being healthy is important - but please, don't stress over a few pounds. Don't allow yourself to get trapped in this 'you must be a perfect size 10 to have any worth as a human being' nonsense. I stand up for 'chubby rights' quite a lot, simply because if you are bigger, you often get treated differently (I don't buy junk food because i annot bring myself to walk into one of those places, simply because i know exactly what will be running through other people's minds...). It doesn't mean you're a Mars Bar monster who only gets up from the sofa to go to the fridge (ironically, the people I see eating the most junk food are oftne the skinny ones, because their metabolism deals with it so well!) - no one should have their value weighed up against their jeans size.

walk_man
26-09-07, 15:17
Eating nothing makes you gain weight, sounds stupid but its true.

Don't get too paranoid about your weight, don't go out of your way to lose weight and forget about more important things in your life.

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 15:53
Has anyone ever told you that actually, it's not a crime to be possibly 'bigger' if you're healthy?

I am a big girl. Okay, I'm not a whale (UK size 16 - 18), but I'm not going to get any modelling contracts any time soon. And I have spent near enough my whole life despising myself because I'm not what other people think I should be.

I have spent years trying to get into a size (UK) 12 (to get into a 10, I'd have to physically shave my hip bones - seriously). I have spent hundreds on various potions, diet books, faddy foods (how many different variations of the soup diet have I been on? I dunno - I lost count!), faddy exersize gizmos - everything to try to allow me to shift those extra pounds that, for everyone else, being a bit more active and cutting down on chocolate would shift. None of them have worked (or if they did, as soon as I started to live normally again i.e. not starve myself on diets intended for rapid weight loss before major surgery, I put it all back on again...).

I have also spent years literally loathing what I am and wishing I was someone different.

I do not want anyone else to go through what I've gone through - unfortunately, unless the media and society's attitude changes towards those of us who are genetically predisposed to not being skinny, hundreds of thousands of people will.

I eat healthily (salads for lunch with no dressings and fruit for afters, no snacks, homecooked meal using fresh ingredients at night (not frying because I don't like fried food). I only drink water (on the whole I can't stand fizzy drinks). I don't drive, so I walk literally everywhere. I cycle. I have an active job (well, it is the way I do it... :p). In fact, people are often astounded at the amount of energy I have - I am strong, have excellent blood pressure and a healthy heart - this should be enough, but all the pressure isn't on being healthy, it is upon being thin.

And it isn't fair.

Being healthy is important - but please, don't stress over a few pounds. Don't allow yourself to get trapped in this 'you must be a perfect size 10 to have any worth as a human being' nonsense. I stand up for 'chubby rights' quite a lot, simply because if you are bigger, you often get treated differently (I don't buy junk food because i annot bring myself to walk into one of those places, simply because i know exactly what will be running through other people's minds...). It doesn't mean you're a Mars Bar monster who only gets up from the sofa to go to the fridge (ironically, the people I see eating the most junk food are oftne the skinny ones, because their metabolism deals with it so well!) - no one should have their value weighed up against their jeans size.

I'm built bigger than most girls, in a sense I'm more of Angelina Jolie/ Beyonce, rather than a Paris Hilton. I would love to not care about the way I look, but I used to be overweight and I hated myself so much that I don't want to go back to that, but at the same time, I'm sick of my lifestyle of not eating what I like, if I eat at all.

I know that I just have to live with one or the other, but I'm hoping I can find something that works for me that isn't unhealthy. I used to starve myself alot and I don't wanna go back to that, so Im trying to find healthy choices...(which is hard because I'm in college...where pizza and frappachinos are all the rage lol) That's one of the reasons I haven't been eating as much lately because its either pizza or nothing...and I'd rather choose nothing. :/ Not to mention I'm not a salad fan. I mainly enjoy fruits and some vegtables. protein is the best for me lol, simply because I enjoy it.

I'm definately doing the water thing, and Ima eat some small portions and see where it takes me. It's just that I've gained about 15 pounds over the last year, and Im terrified of the trend continuing to where I'll gain 30, then 40, then so on before I know it Im out of shape and unhealthy.

It all started when I was starting high-school, cause I was overweight, and none of the boys liked me...that's continued to this day, and I constantly see my weight as a standard as to whether or not I'm attractive (i know thats sick and stupid, but its true) and I just feel that lately the reason I've never been in a relationship is because I've never been in excellent shape, or skinny like all the other girls out there.

I feel ashamed for saying it...:( But its either my appearance or I'm just a very uniteresting person, and I'd much rather believe the former.

Laurencarter
26-09-07, 16:00
You're not alone. My metabolism is v-e-r-y s-l-o-o-o-w

danitiwa
26-09-07, 16:00

And it isn't fair.

:tmb: Same here, I used to be a whale, it felt horrible. I'm sure you're NOT a whale; Soma.
I'm built bigger than most girls, in a sense I'm more of Angelina Jolie/ Beyonce, rather than a Paris Hilton. I would love to not care about the way I look, but I used to be overweight and I hated myself so much that I don't want to go back to that, but at the same time, I'm sick of my lifestyle of not eating what I like, if I eat at all.

I know that I just have to live with one or the other, but I'm hoping I can find something that works for me that isn't unhealthy. I used to starve myself alot and I don't wanna go back to that, so Im trying to find healthy choices...(which is hard because I'm in college...where pizza and frappachinos are all the rage lol) That's one of the reasons I haven't been eating as much lately because its either pizza or nothing...and I'd rather choose nothing. :/ Not to mention I'm not a salad fan. I mainly enjoy fruits and some vegtables. protein is the best for me lol, simply because I enjoy it.

I'm definately doing the water thing, and Ima eat some small portions and see where it takes me. It's just that I've gained about 15 pounds over the last year, and Im terrified of the trend continuing to where I'll gain 30, then 40, then so on before I know it Im out of shape and unhealthy.

It all started when I was starting high-school, cause I was overweight, and none of the boys liked me...that's continued to this day, and I constantly see my weight as a standard as to whether or not I'm attractive (i know thats sick and stupid, but its true) and I just feel that lately the reason I've never been in a relationship is because I've never been in excellent shape, or skinny like all the other girls out there.

I feel ashamed for saying it...:( But its either my appearance or I'm just a very uniteresting person, and I'd much rather believe the former.

Maybe you're just built broadly? Listen to me: There's broadness and there's fatness, they're two totally different things. Please don't go annorexic, there's loads of beautiful people who aren't stick figures.

30 POUNDS IS LIKE 12 KG right?

If so: ARE YOU MAD?! I weigh like 43 kg! And I am not fat.

You're not alone. My metabolism is v-e-r-y s-l-o-o-o-w

Ditto. I got it from my dad and I want to kill him... :pi: Why did I evolve this way and not the other?! :p The worst thing is: I LOVE to eat, and my metabolism is snow as a snail.

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 16:02
:tmb:

30 POUNDS IS LIKE 12 KG right?

If so: ARE YOU MAD?! I weigh like 43 kg! And I am not fat.

lol. I weigh about 140 lbs! I'm worried about GAINING 30 pounds! lol:p

If I atually weighed 30 pounds, id be dead haha.

danitiwa
26-09-07, 16:04
lol. I weigh about 140 lbs! I'm worried about GAINING 30 pounds! lol:p

If I atually weighed 30 pounds, id be dead haha.

Aah. Sorry lol. :vlol:

How tall are you then??

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 16:04
I'm 5'7...almost 5'8

and I would love to weigh about 125...

Elysia
26-09-07, 16:06

:hug: Oh, hun... you sound so much like me, it's unreal!

Please - just don't do the starvation thing. If you're finding it hard to eat healthily, then try to plan your meals so that you know what you need to buy in. The sad fact is, if you are like me, then being careful is the watchword - if I ate the way a lot of my friends do, I'd be a size 26 in no time...

As for the whole 'relationships' thing, it won't be that you're 'uninteresting', nor your figure - if anything, it'll be your lack of self confidence and self esteem. The old phrase 'others can't love you until you love yourself' is so very, very true - other people will pick up on your body language, and by the sounds of it, you're probably giving off 'stay away' vibes, simply because you don't think you're 'worthy' because you aren't exactly what you want to be (we all do it - it's subconcious). These really are the best days of your life - cherish them, and cherish the fact that you're healthy! :)

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 16:09

Please - just don't do the starvation thing. If you're finding it hard to eat healthily, then try to plan your meals so that you know what you need to buy in. The sad fact is, if you are like me, then being careful is the watchword - if I ate the way a lot of my friends do, I'd be a size 26 in no time...

As for the whole 'relationships' thing, it won't be that you're 'uninteresting', nor your figure - if anything, it'll be your lack of self confidence and self esteem. The old phrase 'others can't love you until you love yourself' is so very, very true - other people will pick up on your body language, and by the sounds of it, you're probably giving off 'stay away' vibes, simply because you don't think you're 'worthy' because you aren't exactly what you want to be (we all do it - it's subconcious). These really are the best days of your life - cherish them, and cherish the fact that you're healthy! :)

thanx for that. lol. It made me smile. I've never thought of it that way, but it makes sense I guess. :hug:

Elysia
26-09-07, 16:14
thanx for that. lol. It made me smile. I've never thought of it that way, but it makes sense I guess. :hug:
:hug: It's true! Believe me, as I've got older, I've got bigger (when I met hubby, I was about a size UK 14 - in the last 13 years, I've gone up a good dress size or two (depending on the style) - but I've had more men chatting me up in the last few years than I ever did when I was smaller, simply because I'm happier and more confident in myself (still won't get the old arms out in public, though... :p) - I like to laugh, and people seem to like to laugh with me.... ;)

danitiwa
26-09-07, 16:16

What I do is I eat unhealthily, but a little at a time and play/run outside a lot. :D

Don't take advice from me.... EVER. :pi:

But yeah; I watch some of my friends eat french fries, cake, muffins, candy, and all sorts of stuff every day all the time. And they still look like supermodels!

Elly: HOW Do I talk to this one cute guy??? :pi: :p

I don't know what to say except, the German teacher was a bit strict today! :P

Elysia
26-09-07, 16:25
What I do is I eat unhealthily, but a little at a time and play/run outside a lot. :D

Don't take advice from me.... EVER. :pi:

But yeah; I watch some of my friends eat french fries, cake, muffins, candy, and all sorts of stuff every day all the time. And they still look like supermodels!

Elly: HOW Do I talk to this one cute guy??? :pi: :p

I don't know what to say except, the German teacher was a bit strict today! :P
Well, it depends what you want to say... ;)

All joking aside - be yourself. I know it's old and it's cliched, but it's the truth. A lot of friendships / relationships start from simply smiling and saying 'Hi!' to each other every day (obviously, don't bound up to him every morning like an over enthusiastic puppy... that'd just be scary!). If you've got common ground - exploit it; use that' German teacher was a bit strict today' comment as an ice breaker. The main thing is simply not to force the issue - you don't want to corner him, because teenage boys are just as fragile as girls and twenty times more clueless when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex... Don't go over the top, be patient, smile, be polite... and hopefully, he'll be saying 'you know that Dani.. she's all right, isn't she?' before long :)

danitiwa
26-09-07, 16:47
Well, it depends what you want to say... ;)

All joking aside - be yourself. I know it's old and it's cliched, but it's the truth. A lot of friendships / relationships start from simply smiling and saying 'Hi!' to each other every day (obviously, don't bound up to him every morning like an over enthusiastic puppy... that'd just be scary!). If you've got common ground - exploit it; use that' German teacher was a bit strict today' comment as an ice breaker. The main thing is simply not to force the issue - you don't want to corner him, because teenage boys are just as fragile as girls and twenty times more clueless when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex... Don't go over the top, be patient, smile, be polite... and hopefully, he'll be saying 'you know that Dani.. she's all right, isn't she?' before long :)

:hug: He'll be easy to joke with, he does that without me as well. :vlol:

Thanks though Ellie. :D I am really clueless when it comes to guys. :pi:

tomblover
26-09-07, 16:53
I feel with you. I eat a carrot slice, and bam, I'm one million kilos fatter.

Elysia
26-09-07, 16:55
:hug: He'll be easy to joke with, he does that without me as well. :vlol:

Thanks though Ellie. :D I am really clueless when it comes to guys. :pi:
:hug: No problemo, Dani! (Considering I tend to blunder around most people, I'm not really an expert either, though... :p All I know is that people are most attractive when they are being themselves - they are more relaxed and therefore naturally funnier and more confident, because they don't have to remember to keep up an act!)

danitiwa
26-09-07, 17:02
I feel with you. I eat a carrot slice, and bam, I'm one million kilos fatter.

*needs to ask* Wait, tl are you a guy or a girl? >.>

I feel dumb, I've known you for like a year and I still don't know your Gender...

tomblover
26-09-07, 18:11
*needs to ask* Wait, tl are you a guy or a girl? >.>

Am a guy. :)

And BTW, I'm not anorexic either. :vlol:

Spitfire
26-09-07, 18:25
I went through this problem just a few years back when I entered high school. I ended up doing a number of things to lose the hundress extra pounds...yess I was a whale, that kept me from being comfortable with myself. A big part of it I found was just eating simply healthier things when you feel hungry. When I thought about it I was constantly eating when food was presented before me. Now I just eat from a more natural selection, i.e. mainly unprocessed foods. I still love everything I eat and I don't just shove things into my mouth when I see edible goodies and snacks.
You just have to find something you like to do too, your DDR is a perfect example! I play DDR for hours and it's a perfect form of exercise. I end up swimming twice a week and go to a gym once a week to keep my muscle in check. Even simple things like u walking campus or going to frequent musical concerts that get you jumping and dancing (your body moving and energies flowing) all of that helps.
I did the starvation at the beginning, it did work for awhile but I was super tired all the time and it was just the worst way I could have possibly went about it for awhile.
Seriously just try doing like an intense work out twice a week and eating more natural food selections. Allow yourself to indulge atleast once a week though, have pizza one day with friends and that frap from starbucks every now and then, it wont hurt.

I know what you're going through Soma, there's definitely a way to get into good shape but you won't have the ability to eat what ever you want, but you will be healthier than those people who just eat junk food and stay skinny, that doesn't mean their innerbodies are healthy. You'll be taking care of yourself now and setting urself up for the rest of your life. Hope something here helped >_>

(school bell ringing, gotta go)

Draco
26-09-07, 18:40
Maybe your colon needs to be cleaned? You would be surprised how many problems it can cause.

findme
26-09-07, 19:07

Please don't, my metabolism is as fast as light travels.

Gosh I'm so skinny!

Admles
27-09-07, 03:32
Sorry to take so long to reply, but I went to bed shortly after the last message.

Yes, you really must eat breakfast. It is what kick-starts your metabolism for the day. If you don't, your metabolism slows down because it doesn't know when it will get food next, so it slows down in order to preserve what it has. Eating breakfast will give it that boost.

If, like me, you HATE getting breakfast, or never feel like eating in the morning (believe me, I get that most mornings), I recommend finding a good meal-substitute shake, and blending it with some fresh fruit. Ask your local health food store for advice on a good meal replacement. Even those mornings I don't want to eat I find I can stomach a liquid breakfast, and after you get into this habit for a few weeks, you'll find it easier to eat breakfast every day.

I know it might seem like a long, difficult path, but remember that NOONE is beyond help. Noone is naturally overweight; all of our bodies have the ability to build and burn themselves, it is simply up to US to give it the right direction.

As for your friends who can eat what they want, when they want, don't worry: it WILL catch up to them sooner or later. I used to be the same until I hit around 25. Plus, think of it just like a car. Sure, a car can run on regular fuel, or premium fuel, they both let it run, but which one runs better? The one on the premium fuel. Just like your friends, they can survive on crap food or good food, but their bodies would be so much better if they ate healthy.

Remember, also, that perfect seeming bodies are about creating the IMAGE of a perfect body. Only very few people have the naturally perfect shape; they are just lucky. For example, most guys like to be broad-shouldered, with a v-taper down to a slim waist. How many of us actually have that wide body structure in the upper body and narrow in the waist? Very few. But, if they keep their body lean and put some muscle on their shoulder, they APPEAR to have that look, even though naturally they don't. An actress who has big hips can make her body appear better by adding a little upper body muscle to balance it out. Theres ways to create that image, you just need to look at it!

Best of luck, hope I've been of some help.

disapearing-boy
27-09-07, 08:22
Thanx for the advice you guys. I think Ima try to do some detox and maybe see a nutritionist for some help. I get plenty of cardiovascular excersise, but not as much muscle-building, and I know thats important.

Muscle building is the single, most effective way of burning fat and calories and you don't need to lift that much to get good results.

Don't forgert to eat several small (and healthy!) meals throughout the day to speed up your metabolic rate rather than having spread out meals like lunch and dinner.
Go to the nutritionist, they'll help.

It may seem so difficult right now but one day your just gonna look in the mirror and you'll look & feel great and you'll be so proud of yourself. Keep fighting the good fight!

Soma Holiday
27-09-07, 12:17
I know it might seem like a long, difficult path, but remember that NOONE is beyond help. Noone is naturally overweight; all of our bodies have the ability to build and burn themselves, it is simply up to US to give it the right direction.

As for your friends who can eat what they want, when they want, don't worry: it WILL catch up to them sooner or later. I used to be the same until I hit around 25. Plus, think of it just like a car. Sure, a car can run on regular fuel, or premium fuel, they both let it run, but which one runs better? The one on the premium fuel. Just like your friends, they can survive on crap food or good food, but their bodies would be so much better if they ate healthy.

Remember, also, that perfect seeming bodies are about creating the IMAGE of a perfect body. Only very few people have the naturally perfect shape; they are just lucky. For example, most guys like to be broad-shouldered, with a v-taper down to a slim waist. How many of us actually have that wide body structure in the upper body and narrow in the waist? Very few. But, if they keep their body lean and put some muscle on their shoulder, they APPEAR to have that look, even though naturally they don't. An actress who has big hips can make her body appear better by adding a little upper body muscle to balance it out. Theres ways to create that image, you just need to look at it!

Best of luck, hope I've been of some help.

Good! lol. I wanna watch them gain weight and not know why! lol:D

I understand what you mean about the perfect bodies, and it makes sense. Never thought of it that way...I guess no one is trully happy with themselves unless they know that they've worked hard to get to where they are...just more ethusiasm!!!

It may seem so difficult right now but one day your just gonna look in the mirror and you'll look & feel great and you'll be so proud of yourself. Keep fighting the good fight!

Thanx for the encouraging words, ima take it to heart! Already am actually. I've started eating smaller meals throughout the day, though at the moment there not as healthy cause all I have are fiber bars, noodles, and soup! lol. I need to make a grocery run this weekend and get some better stuff.

:hug: