PDA

View Full Version : i just got my classes!!!

a_pok
26-09-07, 05:03
hey there, i just got my classes for my next school year(my last year in high school) and i can't wait to start on Monday.
and my classes are:
Arabic.
English(first foreign language, no second AKA no French woohoo!!)
math(algebra geometry and trigonometry all in one class)
physics
chemistry
biology
philosophy
geography
history
something kinda like law or something(i don't know what its called in English)
and maybe translation(turning a text from Arabic to English and vice versa)
its gonna be a long year!!

danitiwa
26-09-07, 05:11
Nice thing to know. ;)

Little-Lara
26-09-07, 07:28
:eek: good lord. the bigger question is what didn't u take for a class.

:tmb:

Anubis_AF
26-09-07, 08:35
hey there, i just got my classes for my next school year(my last year in high school) and i can't wait to start on Monday.

Terminal? Good luck :tmb: Which section are you in? Hopefully not in Maths élémentaires? :D

RAID
26-09-07, 08:39
I'm so glad I finished...

Tomb Raider Master
26-09-07, 13:31
Piece of cake. ;)

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 14:43
Is this high school?! Or a college program? The later I hope haha.

Anubis_AF
26-09-07, 14:47
Piece of cake. ;)

You should try it before saying. Lebanese schools are one of the hardest ones. And the level of education is very high, making the classes extra hard.

Dakaruch
26-09-07, 15:28
good luck especially with the good for nothing philosophy! that made me almost crazy :p

Tomb Raider Master
26-09-07, 17:26
Lebanese schools are one of the hardest ones. And the level of education is very high, making the classes extra hard.

Same here, my friend. *sigh*

Beanz
26-09-07, 17:43
Good luck, last year is meant to be hard :tmb:

gotha-666
26-09-07, 19:15
lol, we study arabic too, im an arab speaker, AND IT SUCKSSS !!!!! :tea:

Anubis_AF
26-09-07, 19:27
lol, we study arabic too, im an arab speaker, AND IT SUCKSSS !!!!! :tea:

Don't forget that Arabic also has 2 sub-languages; making it extra difficult.

kryptonite23
27-09-07, 14:39
Good luck to you!! :tmb:

nicola1986
27-09-07, 16:25
Good luck! :wve:

a_pok
29-09-07, 05:08
:eek: good lord. the bigger question is what didn't u take for a class.

:tmb:

well, i wish i can drop half that list, but the Lebanese program makes you take that, which is one of the reasons it's really hard.

Terminal? Good luck :tmb: Which section are you in? Hopefully not in Maths élémentaires? :D

thanks, i'm gonna need it.
life science.
and yeah, my sister was there two yers ago, i never saw her for the entire school year!!!
she was always locked in her room studying!!

star girl
29-09-07, 05:26
:vlol:

Schools in Pakistan are also extremely tough.. The Cambridge system makes separate papers for England and Pakistan - and scoring high in them is like WOAH!!! :eek: :D

I take these =

English
Urdu B (easy one.. I cant stand another 3 years of HARD Urdu! :eek:)
Geography
History
Maths
Accounting
Business Studies (I looooove BS! :hug:)
Commerce (I HATE Com.! :mad: *kicks Com.)
Economics..

:D

a_pok
29-09-07, 05:40
:vlol:

Schools in Pakistan are also extremely tough.. The Cambridge system makes separate papers for England and Pakistan - and scoring high in them is like WOAH!!! :eek: :D

I take these =

English
Urdu B (easy one.. I cant stand another 3 years of HARD Urdu! :eek:)
Geography
History
Maths
Accounting
Business Studies (I looooove BS! :hug:)
Commerce (I HATE Com.! :mad: *kicks Com.)
Economics..

:D

hmm!!
business!!!
i used to take Economics and thats enough money talk to me!!

star girl
29-09-07, 06:09
hmm!!
business!!!
i used to take Economics and thats enough money talk to me!!

Hahah! :D

The best thing about Business Subjects is that there is a TONNE of overlapping. My sister scored 9 As in her O' Levels, and she had these very same subjects, but instead of Business Studies she had Additional Maths.. Now she just randomply opened my BS book and said: "MWAAHAH!! NO problem!! You'll do seven of these chapters in Economics, and nine in Commerce, around 5-6 on your own! This is all covered!" :vlol:

Example (for those who dont know a thing about Business Subjects) = You have 10 dollars. You buy ice cream with them instead of a new rain coat. We call the rain coat the "opportunity cost", because you could buy it, but you dont.. Now the concept of opportunity cost is explained in BS + Economics + Commerce... :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

I gotta love life! :cool:

a_pok
29-09-07, 06:18
Hahah! :D

The best thing about Business Subjects is that there is a TONNE of overlapping. My sister scored 9 As in her O' Levels, and she had these very same subjects, but instead of Business Studies she had Additional Maths.. Now she just randomply opened my BS book and said: "MWAAHAH!! NO problem!! You'll do seven of these chapters in Economics, and nine in Commerce, around 5-6 on your own! This is all covered!" :vlol:

Example (for those who dont know a thing about Business Subjects) = You have 10 dollars. You buy ice cream with them instead of a new rain coat. We call the rain coat the "opportunity cost", because you could buy it, but you dont.. Now the concept of opportunity cost is explained in BS + Economics + Commerce... :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

I gotta love life! :cool:

:confused:
ok!!!!
i can only say its a good thing i don't have anything related to business this year!
i never liked business, and never will.

star girl
29-09-07, 06:33
:confused:
ok!!!!
i can only say its a good thing i don't have anything related to business this year!
i never liked business, and never will.

You studied Economics and you dont know opportunity cost? :(

Anyway, I thought I'd hate it.. But I LOVE it! :jmp:

a_pok
29-09-07, 17:01
You studied Economics and you dont know opportunity cost? :(

Anyway, I thought I'd hate it.. But I LOVE it! :jmp:

yeah, i should know what that is if i managed to stay awake in that class!!

Angelx14
29-09-07, 17:35
Good Lord! =O Lots of luck.

just*raidin*tomb
29-09-07, 18:15
wow! 9 classes? i only have 6, im a freshman, 1st high school year, everythings goin great, hope the same is for you. but i just 6 classes, here's my schedule.

1st period...
1A- English1
1B- Principles of Communication
------------------------------------
2nd period...
2A- Earth Science
2B- Freshman Success
3rd period- Health/P.E.
4th period- Marching Band

Tihocan9
29-09-07, 19:06
wow! 9 classes? i only have 6, im a freshman, 1st high school year, everythings goin great, hope the same is for you. but i just 6 classes, here's my schedule.

1st period...
1A- English1
1B- Principles of Communication
2nd period...
2A- Earth Science
2B- Freshman Success
3rd period- Health/P.E.
4th period- Marching Band

I have more classes than you and I am in 8th grade... I have 8. But Good Lord, how much work do you have to do that seems like it would be non-stop school.

a_pok
01-10-07, 13:43
I have more classes than you and I am in 8th grade... I have 8. But Good Lord, how much work do you have to do that seems like it would be non-stop school.

you can easily get used to it, last year i had thirteen classas!!
all the above in addition to Economy, sociology(i don't actually know what this is!!),and French.
in addition to PE once a week in both cases(last year and now, but this year i'm not graded for that)