PDA

View Full Version : How are/were your school marks?

Anajrob
26-09-07, 13:02
Good / Bad / Excellent? :D

I have always had good marks. Mostly As. :D

Though, don't know how it's gonna be this year :pi:

Dakaruch
26-09-07, 13:06
well they were good overall XD
my rate of years 10,11 and 12 was 13/20, which was not excellent, but not bad though XD

Joe_16
26-09-07, 13:08
They were certainly above average.

Ada the Mental
26-09-07, 13:13
It depends. Maths, chemistry, physics and the like...Really not my thing, so I generally have very low marks in those subjects and I really don't care, to be honest.

But I usually get pretty good marks in most subjects, especially the ones I like and will take in the final exams (such as languages, literature etc.) and without putting too much effort.

Encore
26-09-07, 13:17
Mine were always average, save for certain subjects; in History and in English I always had the highest grades possible. What I did worse was French and, during (what americans call) highschool, Math as well. Now I'm in college I get mostly average grades (around 15/20).

Forever_Laras_56
26-09-07, 13:18
...ummmm...welll....mine are good XD!!! no mine are bad in math science ect.:D

Geck-o-Lizard
26-09-07, 13:18
Good, rarely outstanding (though I did surprise myself in my last year at school by finishing near the top of the class in English and Art).

If I had actually studied at all during school I'd probably have got near straight A's. >_>

JANKERSON
26-09-07, 13:20
Good, rarely outstanding (though I did surprise myself in my last year at school by finishing near the top of the class in English and Art).

If I had actually studied at all during school I'd probably have got near straight A's. >_>

Hated HS, but I was usually on the Deans list in College.

Tomb Raider Master
26-09-07, 13:23
Depends on the subject. They are mostly great, and they always turn out excellent in the end. But a big part depends on the teacher and how he/she likes you, and how you can get along with every thing you get.

Angel_14
26-09-07, 13:25
They were always average. Except English, which was above average thanks to my Language skills :D

Mad Tony
26-09-07, 13:28
I have always done fairly well in school, but in the last year I've just got better and better. :) I'm top set for everything.

I know that I'm targeted at an A or A* for GCSE Maths (eek! :eek:) but I don't know about anything else, probably similar I should imagine since it's top set.

Forwen
26-09-07, 13:33
In secondary school, and it's the only one that matters, I barely made it from year to year.

Anajrob
26-09-07, 13:45
Depends on the subject. They are mostly great, and they always turn out excellent in the end. But a big part depends on the teacher and how he/she likes you, and how you can get along with every thing you get.

Well, that's similar situation to me, too.

Dark Lugia 2
26-09-07, 13:46
I got my SAT's results from last year this week :D 6a maths, 6a science and 6a english :jmp: i'm suprised with R.E, 7c! :eek:

Catlantean
26-09-07, 13:49
I had mostly 5's (our equivalent of A's) in elementary and high school. On the faculty my grades were more varied depending on my interest in a subject (and most of them in the first 2 years were not at all interesting), but I graduated with a 4 (B).

Eddie Haskell
26-09-07, 13:52
I did fairly well in high school (a B average, I goofed off a lot), creative writing was my forté. I also did well in science and history. Math, not too good...:(

Ampersand
26-09-07, 14:02
I've always been pretty competent (lol) overall, and often outstanding in art and English. Maths is my biggest weak point, I hardly ever do well in it.

MiCkiZ88
26-09-07, 14:13
Pretty good I think. Above average most of the time (7). The best grade I got were for History, English & Arts. 9˝/10, 9˝/10 & 10/10 :D

Finnish & Maths are 7 or 8/10 most of the time.
And I'm still in school.. my swedish is just 5/10 >_<
4/10 being the lowest you can get.

Legends
26-09-07, 14:15
I've always gotten an "A" in Gym, English and Art. Other than that, I was pretty much a "C" student.

Mad Tony
26-09-07, 14:17
I got my SAT's results from last year this week :D 6a maths, 6a science and 6a english :jmp: i'm suprised with R.E, 7c! :eek:You don't do SATs tests for R.E.

Or at least at my school you don't - fortunately.

Lol, I got my SATs results from last year in July :p
Except for the English, which I got about 3 weeks ago.

danitiwa
26-09-07, 14:45
B's most of the time. Our new drama teacher is a *******! He takes off so many points for the tiniest things! :mad:

Dark Lugia 2
26-09-07, 14:46
You don't do SATs tests for R.E.

Or at least at my school you don't - fortunately.

Lol, I got my SATs results from last year in July :p
Except for the English, which I got about 3 weeks ago.

On my sats result's sheet every subject has a grade, we did simillar tests to sats for every subject. :p
my english ones came late aswell, the teachers knew them (in the register) and never told them to us for ages! :eek: Only when we asked they did .__. :p

Edit: Dani, you should see my history teacher! :p he gave me a D on a homework because of my spelling! :yik: he told me i wouldve gotten a B otherwise. ¬_¬ :p only 5 words.. out of 3 flipping pages! :vlol:

Mad Tony
26-09-07, 14:50
On my sats result's sheet every subject has a grade, we did simillar tests to sats for every subject. :p
my english ones came late aswell, the teachers knew them (in the register) and never told them to us for ages! :eek: Only when we asked they did .__. :pThe SATS papers always take longer to mark because instead marking questions which have only one or two right answers they're marking questions where the marking scheme is more complex.

Anajrob
26-09-07, 14:52
Edit: Dani, you should see my history teacher! :p he gave me a D on a homework because of my spelling! :yik: he told me i wouldve gotten a B otherwise. ¬_¬ :p only 5 words.. out of 3 flipping pages! :vlol:

Omg! I've got terrible history teacher, too. She's so annoying T_T

tombraiderluka
26-09-07, 14:52
I got an F in maths today :rolleyes:
But in Primary school it was mostly A's :jmp: Ahhh the good ol' times :( :hug:

Dark Lugia 2
26-09-07, 14:53
The SATS papers always take longer to mark because instead marking questions which have only one or two right answers they're marking questions where the marking scheme is more complex.

Oh yeah, and the 3 english papers explain that too.. Shakespear, reading and writing :p
@ Ana Yeah, the teachers used ot be so nice! :( :p year 7 till year nine, same history teacher and she was the nicest ever ^_^

Soma Holiday
26-09-07, 14:55
Mine were good up until 11th grade when I went into a Governor's School Program...I recieved 3 Fs and a few Cs...so not too good! haha. But the classes were hard for me...Chemistry and Calculus...did I mention I hate Math and Science? lol.

But Im doing fine now...first year of college...so far so good. ;)

danitiwa
26-09-07, 14:57
my english ones came late aswell, the teachers knew them (in the register) and never told them to us for ages! :eek: Only when we asked they did .__. :p

Thing is, I love Drama and acting and then he comes along and ruins it! :(

Anajrob
26-09-07, 15:00

Oh.... That's really bad :( I remember my Arts teacher was the same. I like Art, but she was so mean :p

Dark Lugia 2
26-09-07, 15:01

Aww :( same with history, it;s like my fav subject in front of RE :D i guess it doesnt matter as long as i know he'd give me a b :o
@ Ana OMG today my art teacher drew all over my work really hard in 5b pencil!! >.< has she no brain?! :p i gotta spend ages putty rubbing it out XD

Betal
26-09-07, 15:03
My are bad. xD

I'm always late and sometimes skip classes.:/

Laras Backpack
26-09-07, 15:04
Straight As or A*s. Occasionally given advanced work by teacher. Usually near or at the top of my class in every subject except PE, i.e. typical nerd. :cool:

During primary school I started as average but then began to rapidly improve and was put on 'red table'' or 'the higher grades table' when I was about 10. Then I got the highest SATs results in the school and sort of carried on in the same vein till the end of my degree course, which I have now finished and got a good 2:1 in despite being mentally drained. But as far as I can see I won't take my academics any further for a long time. I've been doing it for 16 years in total and I want a paying job where I can learn other things. :D

MiCkiZ88
26-09-07, 15:06
Thing is, I love Drama and acting and then he comes along and ruins it! :(You could try complaining about him? Leave an anonymous note to the headmaster or something like that.
We had a similar maths teacher who was picky about everything and gave bad grades simply because you didn't learn something in a minute. MEh.. He got an warning.

star-dust
26-09-07, 15:07
I'm an A & B student. I really do need to get my arse in gear, start studying and make all those B's into A's... :hea:

clairelovestlc
26-09-07, 15:25
Nearly all A's at GCSE nearly all B's at A level... currently passing my degree... bairly

petujaymz
26-09-07, 15:28
I got 9/10 in my spelling test at Pertemps today.

:wve:

peffect
26-09-07, 15:34
Bad at Maths, Physics/Chemistry and Philosophy class. The teacher says, I think questions over far more than it's needed and end up writing false answers.
Exellent at Natural Science class and good at Arabic class.
I've always been the first at English/French class and, Drawing/art class.
And I've always got good marks at History/Geography class thanks to my cheating skills. :o

danitiwa
26-09-07, 15:38
You could try complaining about him? Leave an anonymous note to the headmaster or something like that.
We had a similar maths teacher who was picky about everything and gave bad grades simply because you didn't learn something in a minute. MEh.. He got an warning.
Hm yeah. I might try that.

Kerrigan
26-09-07, 15:45
Mine are mostly good and vey good, except for French.Last year (first year of highschool) I finished with a total average of 9,77/10 and I have been the first in my class every year.

Laurencarter
26-09-07, 15:51
I usually get A's and B's. Depends on the subject

Naz2000
26-09-07, 16:07
I have recently been getting A's and B's in my art work which I am really pleased with, my SATS scores were:
Science lv7
English lv6
Maths lv7

Dez
26-09-07, 17:36
I got an A* (98/100) in my RE exam:D But my other marks are OK.

Anajrob
26-09-07, 18:03
Aww :( same with history, it;s like my fav subject in front of RE :D i guess it doesnt matter as long as i know he'd give me a b :o
@ Ana OMG today my art teacher drew all over my work really hard in 5b pencil!! >.< has she no brain?! :p i gotta spend ages putty rubbing it out XD

WOW! That's really bad :p

Angelus
26-09-07, 18:05
I have always done fairly well in school, but in the last year I've just got better and better. :) I'm top set for everything.

I know that I'm targeted at an A or A* for GCSE Maths (eek! :eek:) but I don't know about anything else, probably similar I should imagine since it's top set.

You're in Year 9, right? Or have you started Year 10?

Year 7-9 sets don't mean anything. Your Year 9 SAT results determine what set you get put into for Years 10 and 11, which will determine what level of GCSE you take. So if you're in Year 10 and in top set then you could quite possibly get that A/A*. :tmb:

CuteKittenlol
26-09-07, 18:08
Uhhh, for my SATs I got a 7 in Maths and a 6 in Science and English.

I'm predicted to get B+'s in mt GCSEs...meh.

Sara Croft
26-09-07, 18:11
Last year was 3.5/6 and my behaviur n' that was ng (between good and bad :p)
Everything below average. :s

Mad Tony
26-09-07, 18:21
You're in Year 9, right? Or have you started Year 10?

Year 7-9 sets don't mean anything. Your Year 9 SAT results determine what set you get put into for Years 10 and 11, which will determine what level of GCSE you take. So if you're in Year 10 and in top set then you could quite possibly get that A/A*. :tmb:I'm in year 10.

Yeah, I think everybody is targeted at an A grade in my class. It's definitely possible. :)

Ikas90
26-09-07, 19:18
I'm not doing too well. I'm doing good mostly in English.

My worst subject is Engineering. :( No more hope for becoming an Engineer. I think I've decided something else anyway. :)

Indiana Croft
26-09-07, 19:19
I always get A's and B's:)

gotha-666
26-09-07, 19:25
well, when i was in grade 1, until grade 4, my grades were: 95 and above, mostly 100, and i was always the 1st on the whole school, until grade 5, now im in 6, this is the 3rd week :p

EDIT: always A+ !!

vespertea
26-09-07, 19:45
Math/History/Science - Average, sometimes below average
English/Music - Excellent.

star girl
26-09-07, 21:23
I rose in high school because I studied the subjects that I loved - previously we had to study Science and Computer Studies, which I found boring and repulsive.. The teachers weren't even doing a good job with them..

But when I came up with Business, I finally realized where I stood. Commerce, Accounting, Business Studies and Economics were my extras.. I had problems with Economics first, because the teacher SUCKED at it.. But now it's all OK :)

And English was/is my best subject, of course :rolleyes: :p

So I'll say I was above average before highschool, but during HS, I was an excellent sutdent :)

raiderfun
26-09-07, 22:21
Last year, I've gotten 14.10 / 20 on the national exam, and 16.60 on the total second semester exams marks :)

CAISACO
26-09-07, 22:25
Well, I am in 9th grade now,

I have one C, B and the rest are A's.

Now Geometry for math is hard. I was supposed to have regular 9th grade math. But I have 10th grade math.
But I did very good in 9th grade algebra last year in 8th grade :D

erosan
27-09-07, 01:20
i totally suck at math and science, i always got a C in those.
I mostly get As in english, art, and spanish

kooky
27-09-07, 01:22
My School grades are excellent so far, I enjoy English. :D