PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons General Discussion & Appreciation Thread!

James_Rutland
27-09-07, 18:42
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ca/Simpsons_cast.png

Discussion about the Simpsons here! :D

The Simpsons is an animated American sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. It is a soft-satirical parody of the "Middle American" lifestyle epitomized by its title family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield, and lampoons many aspects of the human condition, as well as American culture, society as a whole, and television itself.

The Simpsons are a typical family who live in a fictional "Middle American" town of Springfield. Homer, the father, works as a safety inspector at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant—a position at odds with his careless, buffoonish personality. He is married to Marge Simpson, a stereotypical American housewife and mother. They have three children: Bart, a ten-year-old troublemaker; Lisa, a precocious eight-year-old activist; and Maggie, a baby who never speaks, but sucks on a pacifier. The family owns a dog, Santa's Little Helper, and a cat, Snowball II. Both pets have had starring roles in several episodes. Despite the passing of yearly milestones such as holidays or birthdays, the Simpsons do not physically age.

danitiwa
27-09-07, 18:43
Anything Danny Elfman composes for, I love. :D

Mad Tony
27-09-07, 18:44
That's weird, I made the exact same thread with the exact same picture just a few months ago.

My favorite characters are: Mr Burns, Moe, Nelson, Bart, Homer, Ralph and Skinner :D

James_Rutland
27-09-07, 18:45
That's weird, I made the exact same thread with the exact same picture just a few months ago.

My favorite characters are: Mr Burns, Moe, Nelson, Bart, Homer, Ralph and Skinner :D

:confused: Oh.. I found the picture from Wikipedia. :tmb:

Mad Tony
27-09-07, 18:47
:confused: Oh.. I found the picture from Wikipedia. :tmb:Didn't have to change it you know. :confused: :p

James_Rutland
27-09-07, 18:48
Didn't have to change it you know. :confused: :p

Im not a member of Wiki. :D

findme
27-09-07, 19:06
I used to love it, now I only get a little giggle when I watch it, its just not that funny anymore.

The movie was absolutely hilarious though.

touchmyheart
27-09-07, 19:08
Sideshow Bob FTW people! You all know its true :mis:

I dont really watch the show that much anymore and the movie was only alright (Tom Hank's cameo gave me a big laugh suprisingly) :D

Eddie Haskell
27-09-07, 19:33
I used to be a big Ralph fan, but now it's Snake. He's so contradictory that it's hilarious. :D

Joe_16
27-09-07, 19:34
I've never really got into the Simpsons properly. I always here that it is brilliant, but when ever I watch it I don't find it particularly funny. I think I only ever manage to catch the newest episodes though.

James_Rutland
27-09-07, 19:38
I've never really got into the Simpsons properly. I always here that it is brilliant, but when ever I watch it I don't find it particularly funny. I think I only ever manage to catch the newest episodes though.

The Classics were the best. The series began to lose Its touch after a while, but I agree with a few others, the movie was hilarious! :D

Anajrob
27-09-07, 19:42
I like all characters. :hug:

Joe_16
27-09-07, 19:44
There's like 18 seasons, and a hell load of episodes. Can someone point me in the right direction as to which seasons are the best?

Also, if the movie was hilarious, how come these recent episodes arn't up to scratch?

James_Rutland
27-09-07, 19:57
There's like 18 seasons, and a hell load of episodes. Can someone point me in the right direction as to which seasons are the best?

Also, if the movie was hilarious, how come these recent episodes arn't up to scratch?

Maybe they worked longer and harder at that moment of time making the Movie. Plus It wasn't just a random episode, It was the movie, which mean't they could use any kind of Idea's if you get what i mean. :D