PDA

View Full Version : Better Sight Without Glasses by Harry Benjamin

Anajrob
28-09-07, 18:20
What do you think of this book. Have anyone here heard of it?

I couldn't find any source other than from the Amazon: Click! (http://www.amazon.com/Better-Sight-Without-Glasses-Benjamin/dp/0722527705)
(if I'm allowed to post it)

Is it fake or does it really help?

Earthcane
28-09-07, 18:33
Never heard of it, sorri. But whats wrong with glasses? Specs rock. ;) :)

Anajrob
28-09-07, 18:35
There's a problem when your diopter can get drastically big.

Greenkey2
28-09-07, 18:44
You can get better sight without glasses - it's called getting contact lenses or having corrective surgery.

Anajrob
28-09-07, 19:08
You can get better sight without glasses - it's called getting contact lenses or having corrective surgery.

I know ;) - but that's not the natural way. I don't know - I have just heard about this book and got interested. But I don't know if it's reliable enough.

Minty Mouth
28-09-07, 19:11
Im guesssing this will only work if your vision impariment is only minor. Even still, the results will be small. It probably works by getting your eyes used to reading small texts etc. Nothing special i'd wager. Dont waste your money

Anajrob
28-09-07, 19:13
Thanks for your reply, but have you heard of it before?

Minty Mouth
28-09-07, 19:15
I've heared of things like it, and I tried one, but not this particular book.

Tell me more about your situation, do you have serious vision problems, like myself?

Anajrob
28-09-07, 19:46
I've heared of things like it, and I tried one, but not this particular book.

Tell me more about your situation, do you have serious vision problems, like myself?

What did you try? Was it good?

What problem do you have?

I've got a huge myopia.

Minty Mouth
28-09-07, 19:51
I tried one book, but my doctor gave me It to mr for free. It might not be the same kind of thing.

The best way I can think to describe it is if you've played Dr Kawashima's brain training on the DS, it reminds me of that. Each day doing little exercises like reading different sizes of text, and giving you little tips and sort of games to do while walking around in the street. Like reading all the billboards as fast as you can etc.

It didnt really help me, but everyone is different I guess. It all comes down to weather you want to spend the money or not. Its not hugely expensive, so my advice to you is, if you have the money go for it! :)

Greenkey2
28-09-07, 19:53
To be perfectly honest Anajrob, if your sight is that bad there is nothing you can do except correct your vision as recommended by your optician.

I don't know what this book claims to do, but if it runs along the same lengths as other so-called 'miracle cure' books ("You too can be a size zero in ONE WEEK!" etc etc) then I wouldn't hold much faith in it. I doubt endless recipes for carrot coup will be of much use if your sight is as bad as mine ;)

Anajrob
28-09-07, 19:54
I tried one book, but my doctor gave me It to mr for free. It might not be the same kind of thing.

The best way I can think to describe it is if you've played Dr Kawashima's brain training on the DS, it reminds me of that. Each day doing little exercises like reading different sizes of text, and giving you little tips and sort of games to do while walking around in the street. Like reading all the billboards as fast as you can etc.

It didnt really help me, but everyone is different I guess. It all comes down to weather you want to spend the money or not. Its not hugely expensive, so my advice to you is, if you have the money go for it! :)

Do you have myopia (you don't see far things) or hyperopia (you don't see things near by)?

Minty Mouth
28-09-07, 20:08
To be honest im kind of in the middle, but if I had to say one Id pick hyperopia.

Simulation
28-09-07, 20:18
It sounds dodgy to me. If you run a web search most of the sites are basically trying to sell you something (books, CD, DVD etc) all claiming it is the best kept secret. Yeah right.

This is from the NHS guide (UK National Health service)

Myopia (short-sightedness) is a vision defect resulting from the eye being too long from front to back, or from the cornea (the clear part of the front of the eye which allows light in) being too steeply curved. The result is that there is a mismatch between the length of the eye and the focusing power of the cornea and lens.
Myopia causes distant objects to appear blurred, whilst close objects can still be seen clearly.
Myopia can be classed as mild degree, medium degree or high degree. Approximately 30% of people in Britain are short-sighted and approximately 5% of those have high degree myopia.
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=259&sectionId=1

I.E. shortsightness is a physical problem with the eye.

I would not be supprised that some may find it helpful when they are actually sufffering from eye strain, but common sense should tell you not to look a computer screen for long periods etc.

Anajrob
28-09-07, 20:19
To be perfectly honest Anajrob, if your sight is that bad there is nothing you can do except correct your vision as recommended by your optician.

I don't know what this book claims to do, but if it runs along the same lengths as other so-called 'miracle cure' books ("You too can be a size zero in ONE WEEK!" etc etc) then I wouldn't hold much faith in it. I doubt endless recipes for carrot coup will be of much use if your sight is as bad as mine ;)

You've got bad sight, too? :(

Which one - myopia (you don't see far things) or hyperopia (you don't see things near by)?

Edit: Thanks, Sim. Well, I already know those things. :(

Izzie404
28-09-07, 21:08
I have also heard of another option called "Corrective Lenses." They are eyeglass/contact lenses that correct your vision, although I'm not quite sure how they accomplish that..:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrective_lenses

Anajrob
28-09-07, 21:43
I have also heard of another option called "Corrective Lenses." They are eyeglass/contact lenses that correct your vision, although I'm not quite sure how they accomplish that..:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrective_lenses

I fell sarcasam here :p

Greenkey2
29-09-07, 12:08
You've got bad sight, too? :(

I've myopia (short-sightedness), but only in one eye: I have a cataract in the other one (but at least it means I pay half-price for my contact lenses :cln:)